Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hitler_Houndd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
German Shepherd

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

How is Tank Abbott not in the UFC hall of fame? He embodied the entire sport for several years. He could probably still out draw 75% of the roster if he was put on a PPV headline fight right now.

I also feel like Oleg Taktarov should be in there as well if people like Mask "Charles Lewis" are.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I like the fact that Tank Abbot at least had the sense to make himself seem likeable in his book, unlike Hughes

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

shadow puppet of a posted:

How is Tank Abbott not in the UFC hall of fame? He embodied the entire sport for several years. He could probably still out draw 75% of the roster if he was put on a PPV headline fight right now.

I also feel like Oleg Taktarov should be in there as well if people like Mask "Charles Lewis" are.

Because everyone else in there both contributed to the sports' popularity and actually accomplished something in the UFC, which Tank has not. The exception as you mentioned is Mask, who contributed to the sport's popularity financially and died

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

How'd you get that sick avatar of the cort x bomb v maynak outcome

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Considering he called the dog Adolf I'm surprised his self insert isn't called Panzer Umlaut

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Due to a technicality with his standing ban from any and all veterans and American Legion halls he is not eligible.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Bluedeanie posted:

Because everyone else in there both contributed to the sports' popularity and actually accomplished something in the UFC, which Tank has no

Tank also embodies all the sideshow aspects of the thin years that they probably want to glaze over.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

JHomer722 posted:

I like the fact that Tank Abbot at least had the sense to make himself seem likeable in his book, unlike Hughes

WALTER FOXX is pretty racist and basically gets into fights with dudes for looking at him

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

they saw his fights

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

LobsterMobster posted:

WALTER FOXX is pretty racist and basically gets into fights with dudes for looking at him

This accurately describes lots of Orange County, especially Huntington Beach, just for everyone's information.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

TheRationalRedditor posted:

they saw his fights

This is a good point.

Bluedeanie posted:

Because everyone else in there both contributed to the sports' popularity and actually accomplished something in the UFC, which Tank has not.

Tank and Royce were the yin and yang that perfectly combined to propel the sport upwards and take hold as something greater than the sum of its oddball parts. There was equal fascination with the 'skinnny guy that turns you into a pretzel' and the 'baddass biker that could punch out a bulldozer'. Tank was a huge part in driving the value of the UFC in the days where there was no media coverage and the entire thing was promoted via ads on the PPV promo channel. He was, in my opinion, the person that did the most to make the sport popular.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

He has a 10-15 record and his most notable accomplishments are being runner-up during the tournament era a few times. The only other non-champ fighter in the HoF is Stephan Bonnar who only lost to champs and the Polish Experiment and was part of what Dana and Co. routinely acknowledge as the single most important fight in UFC history in terms of turning people onto MMA. Tank Abbott's most comparable fight was fireman carrying Jon Favreau on an episode of Friends. There is really no case for UFC Hall of Famer Tan Abbott and it's weird there are people who think so this much.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
The UFC hall of fame is for people who the ufc thinks can still make them money, who gives a poo poo who's in it.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Tanks mainly was good because he looked like the baddest guy at the bar, so when he got beat up it was kinda like ok that guy probably would've beaten them up if their martial arts didnt work. Although he actually fought pretty well against Taktarov, and I guess knew how to wrestle some, no one ever thought he was going to win one of the tournaments.

My favorite thing he was a part of is young Vitor. Vitor being an 18 year old kid and brutally KOing Tank and Wanderlei was really badass

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bluedeanie posted:

He has a 10-15 record and his most notable accomplishments are being runner-up during the tournament era a few times. The only other non-champ fighter in the HoF is Stephan Bonnar who only lost to champs and the Polish Experiment and was part of what Dana and Co. routinely acknowledge as the single most important fight in UFC history in terms of turning people onto MMA. Tank Abbott's most comparable fight was fireman carrying Jon Favreau on an episode of Friends. There is really no case for UFC Hall of Famer Tan Abbott and it's weird there are people who think so this much.
You are right his record turned into garbage in the end, but his record is something separate from how he was a pivotal figure tha had a massive impact on the early sport. I can only see the UFC.ca hall of fame which is Bonnarless as his accomplishments did not make it past the 49th paralell. So I'll try to settle this by suggesting that Tank Abbott should be in the UFC Canada hall of fame.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

You are right his record turned into garbage in the end, but his record is something separate from how he was a pivotal figure tha had a massive impact on the early sport. I can only see the UFC.ca hall of fame which is Bonnarless as his accomplishments did not make it past the 49th paralell. So I'll try to settle this by suggesting that Tank Abbott should be in the UFC Canada hall of fame.

Actually a Canadian Hall of Fame that is just Tank Abbott, GSP and Labatt Blue would be pretty good and I support that.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bluedeanie posted:

Actually a Canadian Hall of Fame that is just Tank Abbott, GSP and Labatt Blue would be pretty good and I support that.

Only if we can put Jason Thacker, Harold Howard and Dave Beneteau in on the second ballot

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The fighter comments on Diaz and Andy are pretty lame over all, only Hendricks and Rumble don't bother with the bullshit. I mean know matter who's in a fight you can't say who will win, but you can absolutely say who definitely should win.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/silva-vs-diaz-the-pros-call-the-fight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
[Nick Diaz] isn't black enough. - Jony Hendricks

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I want that fight to go all five rounds with Nick winning so we can have a fightmotion slo-mo montage with that "oh ho ho it's maaagic" song

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Auschspitz

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bundt Cake posted:

My favorite thing he was a part of is young Vitor. Vitor being an 18 year old kid and brutally KOing Tank and Wanderlei was really badass

it's especially great if you watch vitor's first two fights against ferrozzo and telligman. abbott is commentating and just keeps trying to no-sell him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

[Nick Diaz] isn't black enough. - Jony Hendricks

Lol

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
re: Tankchat, does anybody else remember in the first episode of TUF Heavyweights when Dana was like "We have one more guy competing, and you may be surprised to see him because I've talked endless poo poo about this guy," and then right before Kimbo walks in Rampage goes "Who, Tank Abbott?"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD5zEKaXrEU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

why doesnt UFC own this fight library?

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

willie_dee posted:

This is how I envisioned my podcast with JT would end up looking, I am glad it didn't.

edit: nm I misunderstood you

Who Gotch Ya fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 28, 2015

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Not sure how it ended up looking but it ended up sounding like two Brits trying to make words with too much of each other's dicks in their mouths.

Score

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Not sure how it ended up looking but it ended up sounding like two Brits trying to make words with too much of each other's dicks in their mouths.

So you're saying you like to have some of your friends dick in your mouth when you make words with them, but not too much

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.

Bundt Cake posted:

So you're saying you like to have some of your friends dick in your mouth when you make words with them, but not too much

edit: nm willied is cool people and I stupidly misunderstood what he was saying due to the stupidity of other posters

Who Gotch Ya fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 28, 2015

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Uhh Willie does your dick have an audio cable?? Its a wonderful world

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Who Gotch Ya posted:

I think it's time you take a break from posting here

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Who Gotch Ya posted:

please don't be homophobic

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

niethan posted:

please don't be homophobic

He doesnt like black women either

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Who Gotch Ya posted:

No I'm saying JT and WillieD couldn't afford mics so they just used each other's dicks

Give it a rest man

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Anyone think north south position looks like 69ing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Who Gotch Ya posted:

No I'm saying JT and WillieD couldn't afford mics so they just used each other's dicks

You have issues, like serious issues that should be worked out with a doctor.

Or you're just very unfunny, I'm not sure which but either way you should take a break.

• Locked thread