Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
They're pretty active on facebook. I guess it's just taking forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
They work with PIG.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

That 3Teeth was a good recommendation thanks thread. Theres some Rammestein-esque guitars on there

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Overbite posted:

Yo what ever happened to Primitive Race

According to facebook it's coming out soon definitely. But then the updates have been saying that for a while now.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I think on the Facebook he said the album is supposed to come out some time in 2015.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

magiccarpet posted:

That 3Teeth was a good recommendation thanks thread. Theres some Rammestein-esque guitars on there

Seconding this. It was the only recent album in my Industrial Discovery Spirit Quest, but I'm glad I included it. Excellent stuff.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Was not expecting L'Ame Immortelle on the lineup for Infest.

What are they actually like these days? I liked their more synthy/electro stuff years back but then I heard more acoustic/goth rock sounding things from them and haven't checked back since.

Kinda hoping that this doesn't mean Nachtmahr play as well though because gently caress that pish.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
We deserve better.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Laibach coming to Stockholm in march. gently caress yes!

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Edgar Froese died today.

I saw him live score Sorcerer a couple of months ago, and it was a hell of an experience. Tangerine Dream were an amazing band that probably had a lot of influence on most of the stuff in this thread.

DWIFH posted this earlier and it seemed about right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftckgVqc04E

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Hedenius posted:

Laibach coming to Stockholm in march. gently caress yes!

Looks like I'm driving to Toronto in May. Yeeeeessssssss

W424
Oct 21, 2010

spamman posted:

Edgar Froese died today.

Rip, TD was loving amazing in it's prime.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Among other outstanding things, today's ID:UD "Tracks" post contains a new High-Functioning Flesh song and a complete stream of "Nyarlet Hot EP" by the Gothsicles. Good times.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
Oh look...

ALL NEW VIDEO GAME COVERS from Gothsicles, Dead When I Found Her, Interface, Glass Apple Bonzai, Iioioioii, Encephalon, Apriorism, Volt 9000, Wychdoktor, Hatz, Prospero, and Displacer.

How do you convince them all to do that? For charity!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

That's a hell of a lineup but I'm not sure how much convincing it took the Gothsicles :v:

In other gothsicles news, Nyarlat Hot EP is a great album name and I'm gonna listen to it when I get home.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Holy poo poo the new Prodigy track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1AaKBbNGkk

Sigma_Bark
Jun 1, 2013
Anyone see Gary Numan on his Splinter tour? If you did, lets discuss about how other-worldly amazing it was. Saw him at his home coming show at Hammersmith last november, still cant get over how great it was!

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Sigma_Bark posted:

Anyone see Gary Numan on his Splinter tour? If you did, lets discuss about how other-worldly amazing it was. Saw him at his home coming show at Hammersmith last november, still cant get over how great it was!

I wish I had, I just discovered that Gary Numan did anything in the last ten years, and I love it.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Sigma_Bark posted:

Quoting me from 2013

Babby Sathanas posted:

I saw Gary Numan last night and Gary Numan is still amazing and you should all go see him if you get the chance to. Not only has he still got boundless energy he looked like he was having a blast as opposed to him just going through the motions. Love him.

He does this amazing and shiny new version of Are Friends Electric now too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7o3PunF0N0 Something I was plesantly surprised by.

I think Splinter is the best thing he's done since Tubeway Army and easily the best thing that came out that year. (Everyone buy it.)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
For quite awhile, all I had heard from Numan was the news that he was moving from England to Santa Monica because he woke up especially white and rich one morning. Then he released Splinter and I remembered that you can never count him out as a serious musician even when you can't take him seriously as a human being.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

MockingQuantum posted:

I wish I had, I just discovered that Gary Numan did anything in the last ten years, and I love it.

He mostly sounded like a NIN cover band for that period. Haven't heard Splinter, hope it got better.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Splinter sounds pretty great compared to NIN's latest output.

He just scored a movie too.

Sigma_Bark
Jun 1, 2013
It was funny cos he came on late after having an injection on his butt! Got to hear to some rarities like Me! I disconnect from you, Berserker and Joe the waiter.
Absolute magical night. Can't wait until the dvd of the show comes out.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Sigma_Bark posted:

I saw him and he was doooooooooope

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Twiin posted:

I saw him and he was doooooooooope

Yezz!
I loved Numan live. I thought it was great how much he seemed to love still playing the old stuff. Cars, Down in the Park, Are friends electric. poo poo he's played how many thousands of times. He was doing a broody goth type persona, but once the crowd went nuts on the favs, he cracked a huge smile and just rocked.

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

This is so much better than Nasty. I am cautiously hopeful about this new album.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Sigma_Bark posted:

Saw a lot of amazing music last year and his show was somehow a level above all of it. I still get shivers down the neck thinking about some of it.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Halloween Jack posted:

For quite awhile, all I had heard from Numan was the news that he was moving from England to Santa Monica because he woke up especially white and rich one morning. Then he released Splinter and I remembered that you can never count him out as a serious musician even when you can't take him seriously as a human being.

As I guy that used to live 5 minutes from Santa Monica and wasn't rich or a terrible human being - gently caress you.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You misunderstand me. After the 2011 riots, he said he was leaving England because his small, affluent village was supposedly overrun with thugs.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Years back, Numan used to do an annual thing where he'd meet up with his fan club and play laser tag with them.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Halloween Jack posted:

You misunderstand me. After the 2011 riots, he said he was leaving England because his small, affluent village was supposedly overrun with thugs.

Ah. Were the "thugs" brown?

The way I read the comment was obviously from the other end. Santa Monica is a bit infamous in Southern California for being very progressive - it's treatment of the homeless, environmental initiatives, etc. - despite the affluence of many of its residents. So it was kind of weird for me to see what I thought was a characterization of Santa Monica as something closer to Orange County.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Wizchine posted:

Ah. Were the "thugs" brown?
He didn't say. He did say they were 12 years old and hooting at his wife and kids, which apparently means the retirement community he lived in was crime-ridden. He made vague comments to the effect that every town in Britain was overrun with "thugs" compared to Santa Monica, which is a fine city but probably has more crime than anywhere in East Sussex. The riots were sparked at least in part by the shooting of a young black man, so, y'know.

Do a lot of celebrities live in Santa Monica? Wikipedia says so, but there don't seem to be lists or anything. Celebrity watching isn't my thing, though, and I don't really get it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Steril's "Misanthrop" available as Amazon mp3s instead of paying $40 to have a limited edition CD shipped from Germany.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Just going to leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdCw_iO77kw

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Owns.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Haha sent it to my brother.

quote:

wtf

Is this a joke?

This is my favourite artist

And he is covering.... Skinny Puppy

This just... does not compute

I had no idea. Never heard of Radical Face before, but that was great. Brother likes modern electro-industrial but was never really into Skinny Puppy.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

fully legit

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Incredible.

ZoltarOmniscient
Jan 17, 2013

I like this, a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

This is so good.