Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Jastiger posted:

Wait I'm confused. Curtis Axle was never eliminated?

It is an established rule that you are also eliminated if you don't make it into the ring before the next number comes out.

Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Himuro posted:

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how your average fan can keep watching, especially after the Rumble. I personally haven't watched non-NXT WWE programming since Summerslam and have explored the rest of pro wrestling to find wrestling I do like and don't find disgusting. I'm not sure how a lot of fans continue to watch. That Rumble in particular, from all clips I've seen, feels like a finger poke of doom moment. Yet the fans keep watching. It's absurd to me.

its because they dont care that much

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Umbra Dubium posted:

It is an established rule that you are also eliminated if you don't make it into the ring before the next number comes out.

Sorry.

Did not know that

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

also the rumble was hilarious and everyone should watch it. It's the most fun WWE has been in a while

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Himuro posted:

That Rumble in particular, from all clips I've seen, feels like a finger poke of doom moment.

not even close

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Reigns isn't anything special but he's far from the worst guy this company has shoved down our throats.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

oatgan posted:

Yeah

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rewatching the Rumble Triple Threat, right before he goes for the Phoenix Splash, Seth Rollins very clearly says "gently caress it.".

Why this dude isnt main eventing Wrestlemania is a loving travesty.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Himuro posted:

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how your average fan can keep watching, especially after the Rumble. I personally haven't watched non-NXT WWE programming since Summerslam and have explored the rest of pro wrestling to find wrestling I do like and don't find disgusting. I'm not sure how a lot of fans continue to watch. That Rumble in particular, from all clips I've seen, feels like a finger poke of doom moment. Yet the fans keep watching. It's absurd to me.

Haha no. Finger poke of doom was dumb as gently caress. Royal Rumble was bad because the fans were taken out of it and the booking was dumb, but the match still happened and came to the foreseen conclusion the fans tried to change.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

I mean I care in the sense that I can say "Wow that was a lovely decision! Something different should have happened, boo!" but occasional meltdowns excepted, I don't lose my poo poo, and even when I do it's a gut emotional reaction and usually within a day or two I think more rationally and say "Hey, it's wrestling, there's still fun stuff going on in WWE most of the time AND other promotions to watch. Go nuts."

Sorry, just wanted to offer that input since the quoted post questioned me directly and I thought the insight might be helpful. Enjoy discussing WWE, guys. :)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Himuro posted:

Did you miss the 3 man Championship match? That was amazing.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Himuro posted:

if youre not watching can you please stop posting about it dude

also periods in mma fights cuz that was loving weird as poo poo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Plus wwe can and has easily turned someone the crowd isn't into into a huge star before. A decade of good booking could make reigns nearly as popular as Bryan, you'll see marks.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if you are going to cancel your subscription it should because of no main event and not because you are too racist to like a samoan

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

also the rumble was hilarious and everyone should watch it. It's the most fun WWE has been in a while

I agree with this if only because it exposes hilariously what the management thinks and expressed it with regards to talent and fans. And we fans are always sad and hilarious and reactionary and angry and battered wives.

It's hate all around and all the way down with some passion.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tonfa posted:

Roman Reigns is so good, he's both the handpicked golden boy and Authority's hated rebel who plays by no rules at the same time

I feel like they need to rastafy him about 10%

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Piss in my rear end posted:

if you are going to cancel your subscription it should because of no main event and not because you are too racist to like a samoan

What if it's a bit of both?

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I kind of like whats going on at the moment. The fact that people are turning on the Chosen One is interesting and they seem ready to talk about it. I really enjoyed Raw. DB is such a natural. He doesn't come across like his mic skills are something he has deliberately honed, he just speaks from the heart and comes across as very earnest and likeable.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

oatgan posted:

i think this and also the trend meltzer observes that these days there's a lot of WWE fans and relatively few wrestling fans holds true even on a hardcore(ish) forum like this one

agreed on the rumble being fun as gently caress to watch

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bigass Moth posted:

Reigns isn't anything special but he's far from the worst guy this company has shoved down our throats.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I loved his "If Brock Lesnar wants to take MY seat, on this set? *cracks neck* He's gonna have to come kick me off it :smug:" before the commercial break.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Watching the rumble now after dvring raw.

The boos are deafening when Bryan was eliminated. Ouch. That's gotta be rough for Reigns if they give him that when he wins

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Lastly if no one ever makes the battered wife comparison ever again I think that'd be great. It's kinda gross and is a really loving stupid thing to equate to something like wrestling which is a hobby for pretty much everyone who posts.

actually it's pretty apt. also gently caress you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

super macho dude posted:

I loved his "If Brock Lesnar wants to take MY seat, on this set? *cracks neck* He's gonna have to come kick me off it :smug:" before the commercial break.

Seth Rollins is a spoiled child and I love it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Paulocaust posted:

I agree.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Haha no. Finger poke of doom was dumb as gently caress. Royal Rumble was bad because the fans were taken out of it and the booking was dumb, but the match still happened and came to the foreseen conclusion the fans tried to change.

They're very comparable to me in that they both show total tone deafness, arrogance and pushing agendas over the entertainment of fans from the top creative powers in both orgs and are both also prime examples of what made the two different wrestling companies so, so bad during what was/is one of their most creatively bankrupt and lovely periods.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it's a perfect distillation of the worthlessness of undercard belts that the two guys most likely to become wwe champion for the first time (reigns and rollins) have never held an singles title. reigns hasn't even won mitb

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I feel like they need to rastafy him about 10%

110%, imo. Wearing dreads and speaking patwah. Green, yellow, and red tactical gear.

"Mi gwaan mash up do place when mi meet dat bumbaclaat, Lesnah. Man a badman. Lion of Judah run tings. Jah bless."

:getin:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Are Cena and Rusev even fighting for the US title at Fast Lane? How do they get around that part?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Himuro posted:

You think Reigns will be fine? How does any of this change the Rumble match, the blatant nepotism, or the simple fact he has not ever had an actual singles belt or won any accolades (I.e. MITB, IC belt) or a singles test push before being handed the keys? A green guy who isn't ready is getting the keys to the company car and you're fine with that because Reigns is more comfortable when he's not Cena 2.0?

WWE fans :lol:

Shrug, outside of random thought exercises I don't think too hard about it. In the WWE it's been the way for a long rear end while that Belts don't mean anything. Belts are really ever only used as a vehicle to promote their (bad) stories. Also he was a part of a Tag Team champion(The highest of honors).

Dudes getting hotshotted the title isn't new territory. I'm not saying this is the optimal or a good path, It's actually probably the dumbest path you could take. Because it's quite possible that they ruin him from being able to be that number 1 face if they push him too hard and too fast. Just like they almost did with Cena, until he managed to get over by being Vanilla Ice on his way to the top before becoming HUSTLE LOYALTY AND RESPECT.

So yes I'm a fan of the product, but considering they still put on some good shows and have good talent I'm fine with watching as long as I still get to see people I like fake fight. That Triple Threat was loving awesome. The Divas' match was surprisingly good for a Main Roster Divas match. Cesaro and Tyson Kidd are still great(Eh, to Adam Rose) . Miz/dow have managed to not outlive their welcome yet. Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose etc etc.

If they aren't at the top of the Card then fine. It's not my problem, doesn't affect me at all. I don't get paid depending on where my favorites are on the card.

I don't watch things I hate, the second I stop finding any enjoyment in it, is the second I just walk away.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Niwrad posted:

Are Cena and Rusev even fighting for the US title at Fast Lane? How do they get around that part?

Cena will make Rusev tap and set up a rematch at Wrestlemania for the title.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm guessing Rusev will win in a gently caress finish at Fast Lane, and then lose at WM. He could always vacate the title at some stage anyway. Good opportunity for some cheap heat if he does.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man, Having Cena run with the US title would be amusing as gently caress. Also potentially eleva--- ahahahahhahahaha

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rusev wins in a gently caress finish at Fast Lane, passes out in the FU at Mania.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Cena will beat rusev, who will then go in one of those great losing streaks that always get guys over.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tezzor posted:

it's a perfect distillation of the worthlessness of undercard belts that the two guys most likely to become wwe champion for the first time (reigns and rollins) have never held an singles title. reigns hasn't even won mitb

maybe he'll pull a Lex Luger and never hold the top belt in the company either

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
It's super funny that people are getting legit mad over fake fighting. Everyone will be back for Wrestlemania though like always.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Paulocaust posted:

wrestling has caused more than its share of battered wives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This whole Rumble debacle is actually Dogshit Seltzers fault. If only that mark hadn't shooted on Vince and told everyone in the dirtshits that Roman was going to win.

• Locked thread