Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
"I've literally tweeted about a product literally by meeting a cute girl giving away keg beer and hot dogs to talk about a start up." - Albert Einstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if TNA partnered with One Hour Tees, Colt Cabana would end up owning TNA before the day was over.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Daniel Bryan posted:

Steal this advice Dixie

pro wrestling tees. bump drunk. highspots. netflix.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

if TNA partnered with One Hour Tees, Colt Cabana would end up owning TNA before the day was over.

That would actually improve the product, I say do it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I actually kind of like the circuits idea.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Colt Cabana here, presenting TNA Lockdown from the spacious TNA studio.... apartment

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

Gorilla marketing

heave gorilla marketing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

would bet every penny to my name if you suggested Guerrilla Marketing to Dixie, she would hire a man to wear a gorilla suit and pass out flyers

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

would bet every penny to my name if you suggested Guerrilla Marketing to Dixie, she would hire a man to wear a gorilla suit and pass out flyers

That's still more than Spike ever did to promote TNA!!!!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I want Dixie to get a show on Podcast One just to see if Alpha brain really works

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bhester posted:

I want Dixie to get a show on Podcast One just to see if Alpha brain really works

Joe Rogan and Dixie Carter show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

coconono posted:

Joe Rogan and Dixie Carter show.

"This company is done. There is no way they can escape this Russo mess...oh wait they are out of it."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Do they really still believe that "Discovery is paying 3x as much as Spike was," bullshit? Surely not.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Do they really still believe that "Discovery is paying 3x as much as Spike was," bullshit? Surely not.

Delusion is a hell of a drug.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Delusion is a hell of a drug.

Maybe it would make more sense to me if they weren't constantly putting on their tinfoil hats and demanding bibliographies, birth certificates and annotated charts whenever someone reports a ratings figure they don't like, but seem to take this "backstage buzz," as gospel without a second thought.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Maybe it would make more sense to me if they weren't constantly putting on their tinfoil hats and demanding bibliographies, birth certificates and annotated charts whenever someone reports a ratings figure they don't like, but seem to take this "backstage buzz," as gospel without a second thought.

Actually, this is quite common with conspiracy theory type thinking (which they definitely ascribe to). They look for confirmation bias that lines up with what they've decided is the unbridled truth~!, and if anybody uses things like cold, hard facts, they get called things like shills for the establishment, or haters, or whatever fits the narrative.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i think NomDePlume is a troll

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

i think NomDePlume is a troll

Too subtle. For them, anyways.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Actually, this is quite common with conspiracy theory type thinking (which they definitely ascribe to). They look for confirmation bias that lines up with what they've decided is the unbridled truth~!, and if anybody uses things like cold, hard facts, they get called things like shills for the establishment, or haters, or whatever fits the narrative.

Also any actual provided proof is faked, because everything can be faked and strings can be pulled to get everyone involved in producing said proof on the conspiracy's side with no leaks ever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Also any actual provided proof is faked, because everything can be faked and strings can be pulled to get everyone involved in producing said proof on the conspiracy's side with no leaks ever.

Yeah, that part's vital, too. And we've actually seen it with these mooks, because they claim everything out of Meltz's mouth is pure fabrication.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Yeah, that part's vital, too. And we've actually seen it with these mooks, because they claim everything out of Meltz's mouth is pure fabrication.

Didn't meltzer put over TNA in some big way recently, like saying Impact has been consistently better than Raw or something? I know it happened in the same window as them being voted worst promotion and him making a comment that Del Rio didn't go there because there's a perception that careers go there to die, but I'm pretty sure it did happen.

Wonder how that synchs with their worldview.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dave will be honest if a show or angle's good. And he was complimentary about the positive ratings Impact seems to be drawing, relatively speaking, on the new channel.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

sticklefifer posted:

heave gorilla marketing.

I saw be humble and go outside the box. There opportunity out there.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
Let's all sign a petition to get TNA to rehire Velvet Sky:

https://www.change.org/p/dixie-carter-tna-entertainment-llc-john-gabruick-rehire-jamie-lynn-szantyr-aka-velvet-sky

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

sportsgenius86 posted:

She'd do this for a month, then fire him and buy an actual gorilla. Then have it wrestle.

"Former WWE star Jeff Hardy killed by rampaging ape!" is a kind of marketing for TNA Dixie would approve of.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Domalom posted:

She'd do this for a month, then fire him and buy an actual gorilla. Then have it wrestle.

"Former WWE star Jeff Hardy killed by rampaging ape!" is a kind of marketing for TNA Dixie would approve of.

LMAO!!!!...ROFL...thats so fricken random dude haha

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Domalom posted:

Don't be silly.

The ape itself wouldn't kill him, it would be doing some dumb crazy bump off of the ape that would.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

Didn't meltzer put over TNA in some big way recently, like saying Impact has been consistently better than Raw or something?

Yeah, but Raw's been loving poo poo for months now. I wouldn't say that was in a big way - his emphasis was more "Raw's been awful and Impact's been decent" than "Impact's been amazing."

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
One man weighs in on his favorite wrestlers:

Deathpoolthet1000 posted:

Favorite Wrestlers(Not in Order)

1.Rey Mysterio(The Only One in Order)

60.Yoshi Tatsu

61.Bryan Danielson

62.CM Punk

63.Aj Styles

100.Tyler Black

101.Zangief

...Huh. How about some of his favorite gimmicks:

Deathpoolthet1000 posted:

My Top Ten Wrestling Gimmicks

1.Paul Burchill (Pirate)

2.Matt Hardy V1 Mattitude

3.Chuck Taylor Kids Enemy

4.The Undertaker American Badass

5.Hulk Hollywood Hogan

6.Alberto Del Rio/JBL

7.Crossbone

8.Delirious

9.Mickie James(Psycho Fan)

10.The Hurricane & Chris Hero(Superhero)

Christ. At least the guy has decent taste in movies like "Radley Scoot's Blade Runer", but as far as his wrestling expertise goes, I'm surprised he even knows who "Manami oyota" is.

VV e: Oh, absolutely, I highlighted it more because he has the hefty title of being The Only One in Order. VV

Electric Lady fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 30, 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That dude has a good #1 wrestler and I'm going to pretend he means the real life Zangief.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Rey Misterio owns and having him as a favorite wrestler is a cool thing to do.

I admit I find myself wondering what arbitrary cosmic equation put Yoshi at exactly 60 when deciding he was just that much better than Bryan, Punk and Styles.

Also Bikertaker was neato even if he should never be on any top 10 list ever.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

At the time I was SUPER into American Bad rear end Undertaker. Looking back I understand it was loving terrible, but I don't care. I will always remember the night that Kid Rock played on Raw, got all the swearing in that song past the censors who were always too slow or early bleeping it, and then Undertaker was there on a motorcycle. And I will cherish that memory.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Rey Misterio owns and having him as a favorite wrestler is a cool thing to do.

I admit I find myself wondering what arbitrary cosmic equation put Yoshi at exactly 60 when deciding he was just that much better than Bryan, Punk and Styles.

Also Bikertaker was neato even if he should never be on any top 10 list ever.

he very specifically states the rest of the list past 1 isn't in order, in fact he says it twice!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

At the time I was SUPER into American Bad rear end Undertaker. Looking back I understand it was loving terrible, but I don't care. I will always remember the night that Kid Rock played on Raw, got all the swearing in that song past the censors who were always too slow or early bleeping it, and then Undertaker was there on a motorcycle. And I will cherish that memory.

They pushed him really hard and did a lot of things to make him look special so it's not like it's shameful if a fan was super into him. They gave him a special theme, a motorcycle and as usual he rarely lost. If he didn't get over with all that it'd be quite the story.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

John Quixote posted:

One man weighs in on his favorite wrestlers:

I was going to say that I probably couldn't even list 100 wrestlers without the help of the Internet. Then I saw that "Top 20 Star Wars characters" was another of his lists.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

They pushed him really hard and did a lot of things to make him look special so it's not like it's shameful if a fan was super into him. They gave him a special theme, a motorcycle and as usual he rarely lost. If he didn't get over with all that it'd be quite the story.

Also ABA let Taker start working a different in ring style. His early time in the gimmick sucked but he also had good matches with the likes of Angle and Lesnar (not hard to do granted) that likely never would have happened as the Deadman. Thankfully Kane killed him and he returned but maintained his moveset.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bikertaker was so cool that, for one brief shining moment, he made Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit cool.

That's a gimmick they could've only done in the early 00's, and it would've failed miserably if Mark Calaway wasn't such a gifted performer 100% dedicated to his character.

Benne fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jan 30, 2015

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bikertaker had only like 4 good matches in 3 years and he put a chair to a guys throat and then slammed it on the ground.

He was magnificent and I loved him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The only bikertaker match I remember was the "CLIMB THE LADDER, KID! MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!" Jeff Hardy match, which owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I love the Last Ride because it's dumb (he's lifting them by their pants!) and logical (a power bomb hurts, so a power bomb from EVEN HIGHER will hurt more!) at the same time. Like most of the best things in wrestling.