Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Aren't we working for the inquisition in some capacity? Can we just waltz in there, show an e-signature and tell them we need it for 'reasons, and don't you dare ask what for'?

Outrail fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Outrail posted:

Aren't we working for the inquisition? Can we just waltz in there, show an e-signature and tell them we need it for 'reasons, and don't you dare ask what for'?

Kinda gives the game away to Devries

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We don't really have a rosette or nothin' so it would be our word against the paperwork. Ain't going to work and would tip our hand. We really have to set this guy up like we did our dear cousin with his murder-cult.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Right now you are an acolyte (expendable flunky), although you will probably have the option to be promoted to Interrogater (the rank, not the class) here soon. They are Inquisitors in training.

A x
B
C
D
E
A/B x x

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Combination of A then D

Here's an idea for when we screw up or get fed up playing games: Send the rear end in a top hat and his henchmen a short PowerPoint presentation detailing who we are, what we've done and who we have working for us. Then state that he is going to die, but if we receive evidence of his death before we launch a disco party of shock troopers into his compound the ogryns and mutants will get the opportunity to work for us, the commissar will get cleaned up before we send him back to the inquisition and others will have 6 hours to disappear before we come in like an electrofunk typhoon. 5:53:52...

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I don't think he's confident enough to have henchmen who are as powerful as himself.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I don't think he's confident enough to have henchmen who are as powerful as himself.

Doesn't matter really. Either we get a bloodless coup and a few new minions or we just ride over him like a strobe light steamroller.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A+B

They'll probably have eyes on us to see what we're capable of. Sticking to the shadows and making sure we aren't followed or traced would be a great idea.

Do a quick assessment of our surroundings and see if anyone is following us before we do anything overt. Once we're inside, identify the easiest access points for someone to follow us, station a servitor there to surprise and terminate with extreme prejudice.

Oh, and pick up a tracking device before we enter or leave, we'll want to trace the truck once we deliver the BONE (if we do deliver it, any chance we can grab canisters and fill it with fake poo poo? maybe reverse the compound so it decreases intelligence?)

This

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
A plan just came to mind.

If we think we can do so in a way he's not equipped to detect, either replace or adulterate the BONE with something that will make its users violently ill for a short period. This will result in a lot of dangerous people being very angry at Devries

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ralith posted:

A plan just came to mind.

If we think we can do so in a way he's not equipped to detect, either replace or adulterate the BONE with something that will make its users violently ill for a short period. This will result in a lot of dangerous people being very angry at Devries
But not in a permanently harmful way, because we can definitely use any Ogryn he's picked out for leadership for ourselves.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A then D It's quiet, quick, and plays to our strengths.

So I'm thinking the plan is steal the BONE, track it until it's somewhere Devries can't plausibly deny belonging to him, and then either A)Bring the hammer down with the theft as justification. Execute him and take what we want from his confiscated goods. or B) Blackmail him into giving us what we want. Keep him under our thumb to profit the family.

Of course, all this requires our participation in the theft to remain unknown.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
A. Amacita needs herself some brand recognition.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

A. Amacita needs herself some brand recognition.

By the Omnissiah, that's right! We're Amacita today. She's gonna hate us if word reaches her. hahaha.

Also, voting A + B because Amacita's totally a catburglar, right?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

paragon1 posted:

Of course, all this requires our participation in the theft to remain unknown.

Not really.

Family: Cool, you got us some poo poo, good work.
General: Cool, you took down a bad guy, good work.
Inquisition : Cool, you took care of a suspect heretic, here's a promotion.
Administratum: Well, you're in our bad books.. What's this? A present and letter of apology with backup letter from the inquisition? Fine, we'll let you go this time.

+1 alter/replace the BONE serum with RAGE serum.

You know that scene in every movie where they guy gets injected with poo poo, breaks out of restraints and goes apeshit? Like that with a cadre of highly trained combat ogryns.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 29, 2015

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Outrail posted:

You know that scene in every movie where they guy gets injected with poo poo, breaks out of restraints and goes apeshit? Like that with a cadre of highly trained combat ogryns.

If we can get RAGE serum, do this. Holy crap. Then loot the place down to the electrons when poo poo gets real.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's a good thing that our brave rogue trader allies were there to step in when this obviously corrupt guard offices lost control of his troops, isn't it? If only they had been closer, then the water treatment technology could have been saved from "rampaging ogryns." Yes, I suppose we'll have to turn to a proven logistical expert to handle supplies for now.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Outrail posted:

Not really.

Family: Cool, you got us some poo poo, good work.
General: Cool, you took down a bad guy, good work.
Inquisition : Cool, you took care of a suspect heretic, here's a promotion.
Administratum: Well, you're in our bad books.. What's this? A present and letter of apology with backup letter from the inquisition? Fine, we'll let you go this time.

Blackmailing people is easier when they don't also have blackmail on you.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

wiegieman posted:

It's a good thing that our brave rogue trader allies were there to step in when this obviously corrupt guard offices lost control of his troops, isn't it? If only they had been closer, then the water treatment technology could have been saved from "rampaging ogryns." Yes, I suppose we'll have to turn to a proven logistical expert to handle supplies for now.
This is great :allears:

paragon1 posted:

Blackmailing people is easier when they don't also have blackmail on you.
What, the debt that we can prove arose from his cheating?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

wiegieman posted:

Alas! Alas and Alack! What horrors were committed by this man's rampaging ab-humans! If only we had known beforehand this would happen, we could have stopped them!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
A/B

If I were Devries I would be trying to turn debt into blackmail for pulling this job.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Ralith posted:

This is great :allears:

What, the debt that we can prove arose from his cheating?

No, the many, many violations of the law we are about to commit that he has full knowledge of, and can exploit to maximum effectiveness due to past experience ratting people out and getting them convicted.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

paragon1 posted:

No, the many, many violations of the law we are about to commit that he has full knowledge of, and can exploit to maximum effectiveness due to past experience ratting people out and getting them convicted.

Throne agent and member of a Rogue Trader's retinue. Ohone breaks Imperial law a hundred times before breakfast. It's all in how you shift blame.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A x x
B
C
D
E x x x
A/B x x x x x, x
A/D x x

(e being switch bone with rage)

Looks like the current trend is hack/window/rage

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Switch out the commissar's drugs for the rage potion, make sure his chainsword is close at hand, ???, profit

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Chantilly Say posted:

Switch out the commissar's drugs for the rage potion, make sure his chainsword is close at hand, ???, profit

Haha, if we get the chance to do this without being caught... +1

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tran posted:

Throne agent and member of a Rogue Trader's retinue. Ohone breaks Imperial law a hundred times before breakfast. It's all in how you shift blame.

There are laws, and then there are laws.

Also I don't know why some of you are opposed to a concept like "Make sure not to leave evidence of our many crimes."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Panopticon

The crypto was good. Very good, actually. You wondered if Devries had an amatuer Tech-Priest on staff, it was far beyond what you would expect of a technician. You could feel the wards and alarms wrapped around the Machine-Spirits, growling like angry dogs. Most hackers wouldn’t have even noticed them - the best word you could give to describe them was ‘spectral’.

Of course, you weren’t most hackers.

Reaching out with your mind, you used the Sacred Algorithms the Magos had given you so very long ago. The security systems suddenly appeared wrapped in fog, confused and dazed. You danced through them like gossamer and raindrops, and they couldn’t even respond before you were past them. Almost casually, you carved a backdoor path if you needed to come back here again. The watchdogs nuzzled up to you, obedient, tails wagging. They would do as you wished, now.

Firstly, camera systems. Interior and exterior.

Your brain adopted the double vision (or more like ten vision…) that had become so familiar to you. Above you, behind you, Imperial Guard pretended not to watch you. They had cards in their hands and played them without looking, their attention focused on you. Beyond them, a few buildings away, the escape vehicle. Now that you were aware of them, you could feel their communications path through the ether. It was child’s play to add it to your streams.

You listened to the radio chatter for a little while. They were watching you watch the building, wondering if you were trying to back out. They were prepared to move in, but wanted to see what you would do first. You waited for traffic to slow again, then sprinted across the street, to the side wall. Their indifferent chatter became more interested.

Internal cameras showed four combat servitors walking the lobby and first floor hallways. The pattern seemed semi-random at first, but after a moment it stood out. Basic algorithms, prioritizing the entrances and central storeroom. Interesting that there were four of them - really, only one (at most, two) were needed to turn an intruder into giblets.

A quick firing of the grappling gun, and you were ascending up the rope to the third floor. It would have been more convenient to have Skully for this, but you wanted to minimize the idea that you were affiliated with the Mechanicus. Nobles had servitors, to be sure, but why risk any further investigation into your story?

Amusingly, there were no security systems on the third floor window. Shoddy.

You wormed your way in, your small body slipping through the gap easily. Inside, some sort of storage room. Recently stashed, of course - this building was only weeks old. Boxes and debris stacked for later usage, later sorting. You briefly wondered where the Imperial Guard found all these things. You could invade a world two weeks ago, and there would still be spawns of aged and forgotten storage rooms.

Mentally, you considered making it a project of the Inquisition. Where did these rooms come from? Some devious Warp plot?

Straightening, you focused on the task at hand. The room was locked from the other side, but it was a simple matter to find the wires inside the wall, click them together. The door opened with a quiet hum, and you moved a few boxes to hide the damage. Honestly, no one would notice some wall decay, but it was the principle of the thing.

Reaching out with your mind, you ran through the interior cameras. The servitors were still following their predictable pattern, so no concern there. Almost unconsciously, you wrapped the visual feed around itself. Twenty minutes should be enough. As far as the cameras were concerned, you were invisible. You found a set of stairs, made your way down. Checking again, you repressed a laugh. The servitors were being managed by a Machine-Spirit in the ether. They were yours, now.

The primary storeroom had another layer of security. It took a bit more effort and time to break it down, but soon the security dogs were as eager as the ones outside. You did a quick electronic check of the inside - one person sleeping, walls of pharmaceuticals. A brief glance showed rows of combat drugs. Stimm, Spur, Rage, Fury. You focused the camera. The sleeper looked to be a low ranking Tech-Priest. Electro-Priest, probably. You were willing to bet they were the ones who had made the security.

… Heh. They were plugged into the energy systems, charging their Machine-Spirits. That did give you have some options.

What do you do?

A. Redirect the servitors away from the door while you step inside. (Indicate if you want them to do something funny, like attack your watchers).
B. Send a command to the Electro-Priest’s spirits. This could be anything from sleep to full body fatal shutdown.
C. Walk in and pull rank. They shouldn’t be sleeping, they should be getting you the chems you need. They probably more about chemicals then you do anyway.
D. Kick in the door, faux robbery. You don’t want a fellow Tech-Priest more blamed then they have to be, and it would be better if they were robbed then thought to be stealing.
E. Something Else.

Heh, its nice to see a professional play to their strengths. You could make these electronics get up and dance if you wanted. Due to CogswithinCogs, you can even do delayed commands after you leave.

...lol I just realized. Your character is playing Watchdogs.

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 17, 2016

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

B - Sleep

e: We should also try to save (salvage) the Commissar somehow- I like the thought of having leverage on one/one in our debt

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 30, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Voting for B as well

Chantilly Say posted:

Would adding abhumans to our retinue make us radical? I'm never sure quite where/how abhumans fit into the Imperium these days.

I think the answer is that it depends. The Imperium is pretty pragmatic but you'd have some inquisitors, commissars and officers that would probably shoot you on the spot for having one in your retinue. That said, Rogue Traders and the Inquisition generally get a free pass.

paragon1 posted:

There's a massive power difference between Ohone and Devries. Someone like Devries survives by hiding in the shadows and being just small enough to escape notice while Ohone is a noble scion of a Rogue Trader, a honoured Tech Priest of Mars and a covert agent of the Inquisition. The minute Devries finds out who we are he's completely hosed. There's really nothing he can do to us without something much bigger, scarier and meaner coming back to find him.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B, but make it look like a robbery and like he was knocked out from behind

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

A+B

They'll probably have eyes on us to see what we're capable of. Sticking to the shadows and making sure we aren't followed or traced would be a great idea.

Do a quick assessment of our surroundings and see if anyone is following us before we do anything overt. Once we're inside, identify the easiest access points for someone to follow us, station a servitor there to surprise and terminate with extreme prejudice.

Oh, and pick up a tracking device before we enter or leave, we'll want to trace the truck once we deliver the BONE (if we do deliver it, any chance we can grab canisters and fill it with fake poo poo? maybe reverse the compound so it decreases intelligence?)

You always have great ideas for this game.

+1

Edit: Way too late for this.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 30, 2015

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
B+, Put him to sleep, but falsify his visual record with images of meeting Devries or one of his lackies. If fabricating a whole scene proves too difficult, simply provide him with "poorly deleted" visual fragments.

Also we apparently need to look into these hell spawned storage rooms :colbert:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

E, paralyze him and stage the room to look like an armed robbery of a drug fiend. Frame the druggie commisar.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Tran posted:

B+, Put him to sleep, but falsify his visual record with images of meeting Devries or one of his lackies. If fabricating a whole scene proves too difficult, simply provide him with "poorly deleted" visual fragments.

I like this. But let's do something different.

B + A, grab an info dump from his mind. He should know the layout of this place better than us. See if he's working for them, or what his deal is. Find out if he can transfer the agent from BONE to Rage.

Then falsify his visual record with images of Devries or his lackeys. Make sure he sees them taking the stuff. Go back into the camera subroutines, falsify the same thing. Cover our tracks as completely as possible, no digital signatures or evidence we were here.

Station a servitor upstairs where we broke in. Have another shadow us through the building, make it look like a normal patrol. Just in case they attempt to double cross us when we transfer the goods.

Implant hidden subroutines into the servitors, to activate once we've left. These subroutines will have them automatically terminate Devries or any of his lackeys if they see them. Make sure it doesn't trigger till they have a confirmed kill.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
+1 for Plan Lanky Tree

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Implant hidden subroutines into the servitors, to activate once we've left. These subroutines will have them automatically terminate Devries or any of his lackeys if they see them. Make sure it doesn't trigger till they have a confirmed kill.[/b]

Not quite getting this - kill X, but only execute if X is confirmed killed?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Not quite getting this - kill X, but only execute if X is confirmed killed?

more like don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tran posted:

Do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Lanky Coconut Tree thinks good we should listen to them.