Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Ugh PDX lists Three Kingdoms + Archdemons. I just want a drat Indian 2 Godfest. :sigh:

Edit: Meh, no point complaining. It's a fantastic godfest for everyone else. I just want to burn all my stones chasing a Krishna.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

dragon enthusiast posted:

Okay but how are you going to deal with the Sonia strong against your element

You're strong against one and weak against one. Better than being strong against nothing and weak against half of the boss IMO, but we'll see what teams people end up using.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

BGrifter posted:

Ugh PDX lists Three Kingdoms + Archdemons. I just want a drat Indian 2 Godfest. :sigh:

Edit: Meh, no point complaining. It's a fantastic godfest for everyone else. I just want to burn all my stones chasing a Krishna.

What sort of good things does this next Godfest have for a GZL newbie player? Another GZL or 2 I suppose? :v: Anything else?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Liu Bei. His active is sort of risky to use, but his ult evo is a green attacker with great stats and 3prongs, and as long as the 3k heal doesn't put you over 80% he's a double orb change heartbreaker

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Artificer posted:

What sort of good things does this next Godfest have for a GZL newbie player? Another GZL or 2 I suppose? :v: Anything else?

Probably the single best sub in the entire game for GZL in Liu Bei. Freaking ridiculous triple prongs.

Also all the other Three Kingdoms gods are very good, so there are no bad rolls out of that pantheon. FA Lucifer and Belial are also very good subs for other teams, so really the only bad rolls are the other three Archdemons.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

:toot:

Finally! Rank 399 is complete bullshit, 398 takes 275k exp to complete, then it suddenly jumps to 375k. And now its back to 290k.

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

^^ Congrats! Wonder why they never fix that typo in the XP chart.

I only managed five dark chasers when the survey dungeon ran, but somehow that was enough with Haku going freaking 4/5. (If those skillups were yours, I'm so, so sorry. :()
Is she useful on a Ronia team? After chibi-ronia I'm not sure about a fourth board-changer (with buddy Ronia), and the blue orbs kinda clutter up her active skill. I generally run Ronia/ronia/Shiva/Ifrit/Vamp/buddy Ronia, though I have a Disco Hera and Belial lying around.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Woo hoo, I managed to get a green orb from Dragon Zombie after only a few runs, now I can finally join the Athena club. Now I just need one more for Double Ult Valkyrie.

I'm wondering if I should replace my number one slot B/L Isis with Athena now?

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

waddler posted:

^^ Congrats! Wonder why they never fix that typo in the XP chart.

I only managed five dark chasers when the survey dungeon ran, but somehow that was enough with Haku going freaking 4/5. (If those skillups were yours, I'm so, so sorry. :()
Is she useful on a Ronia team? After chibi-ronia I'm not sure about a fourth board-changer (with buddy Ronia), and the blue orbs kinda clutter up her active skill. I generally run Ronia/ronia/Shiva/Ifrit/Vamp/buddy Ronia, though I have a Disco Hera and Belial lying around.

Sonia teams are all about stacking as many mono color rows and orb changers as possible to maximize your theoretical damage output. Haku is an amazing Ronia sub IF you are focusing on dark, which you aren't. You will be better served by replacing your Vampire with one of the red subs you mentioned.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Alright, I'll have 35 stones for the godfest. What are the odds of me rolling at least one of Sun Quan, Liu Bei, or Urd?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
2-3%? Don't get your hopes up for a specific god. Pull, rejoice if its something good. Cry if its something bad. Im pulling once, if its verdandi cool, if not whatever. Edit: Also the fist of the north star collab is coming up.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Frocobo posted:

Alright, I'll have 35 stones for the godfest. What are the odds of me rolling at least one of Sun Quan, Liu Bei, or Urd?

Really good. Probably around 40-45%.

e: Oops, I thought you said "multiple copies of berry dragon and snow white", disregard.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Do the jewels rotate what dungeons they're in, or is it always the same set of dungeons?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Eh, I have most everything in the Godfest, I'll give it a couple of rolls to try to get Cao Cao, Belial or DA Luci.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Baron Snow posted:

Do the jewels rotate what dungeons they're in, or is it always the same set of dungeons?

Absolutely not, they switch for every event.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
2/7 on Persephone is some of the best skill luck in a while. Now I just need some wicked ladies to drop so I can get that last skill.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Had a Genbu invade on my test run of Takeminakata mythical, so just ate a stone tax since it was less than a REM pull and when will I next get one anyway? I was trying with Kushi/DQXQ as leaders but had really bad luck with skyfalls etc. so should have just stuck with Isis.

Now I have one of every orb and I dunno whether to save them, or use them on what I have (Susano, Amaterasu, Minerva, Amberjack, light Valk, Heras). It's still going to take forever to get the additional bits like Zeus Vulcan and another KoG anyway but Susano at least is doable. There's also Athena Descended tomorrow...

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
0_0 Took my Samurai Zaerog out for a spin with a Zaerog/U Ronia/Ronia/Ronia/U Minerva/ Zaerog in endless. I one shotted everything. On Zeus the ronia active was only enough for 1 row and then 4 spare reds and it still one shot him. This is ridiculous. Need more of him and D/L Fagan... maybe I can go dark dragon team and be just as nasty with something like D/L Fagan. Anyone running either please send a friend's request 360,846, 292.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Battle Pigeon posted:

Had a Genbu invade on my test run of Takeminakata mythical, so just ate a stone tax since it was less than a REM pull and when will I next get one anyway? I was trying with Kushi/DQXQ as leaders but had really bad luck with skyfalls etc. so should have just stuck with Isis.

Now I have one of every orb and I dunno whether to save them, or use them on what I have (Susano, Amaterasu, Minerva, Amberjack, light Valk, Heras). It's still going to take forever to get the additional bits like Zeus Vulcan and another KoG anyway but Susano at least is doable. There's also Athena Descended tomorrow...

If your main leader or core part of your main team doesn't need it, I'd definitely save it for Athena. She's truly The People's Leader right now.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Battle Pigeon posted:

Of the monsters you mentioned, I'd put Athena as the highest priority for sure. After her, either Light Valk (if you need another short orb-changer for your Athena team) or Minerva (if you have room for her on a Devil team or want to use her a Leader). Everyone else is low priority. I'm currently using Attackerasu on literally all four of my Weekday Legend teams, although her Attacker uevo is only really important for Wednesday, and even then you could just use a friend's as a Leader. I haven't even bothered changing over Susano yet despite having the mats: I just don't use him enough.

Make sure you look at Beelzebub and both Fagan uevos before you make your decision. I'd put Athena above them, but depending on your box they could be your next best usage for orbs after her.

e: I lied, Attackerasu has been bumped from my Friday Legend team after realize I didn't really need her damage on wave 4, and thus would rather have Isis helping with binds on wave 3.
e2: I do really enjoy that Amaterasu used to live on my Thursday Legend Bastet-Healer team, and now lives on my Thursday Legend Shiva-Fire team.

opaopa13 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 30, 2015

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Is that a... three times rate for Ronia? Don't worry guys, I'll pull four gronias in a Row and... gently caress!

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Damnit Rei Sirius you little fucker. Get the last skill level. I'm tired of this light insect dragon.

Anyways, I'm debating over how much I want to whale this godfest. I have $135 of app store credit thanks to buying a new Macbook a couple of months ago, and am thinking this may be worth it. LZL would be killer for my LKali team, I'd love to get a GZL as I have some solid subs there, and I don't have 3 of the 5 3K gods (I have 1 Lu Bu and 2x Sun Quan). Maybe I'll just wait for Fist of the North Star, but this does seem like a decent fest, at least...

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 30, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ironsolid posted:

Is that a... three times rate for Ronia? Don't worry guys, I'll pull four gronias in a Row and... gently caress!

I would unironically love a Blonia at some point in this life. I have so many blue/physiscal Gods going to waste.

Brade
Apr 30, 2013

AlexJade posted:

0_0 Took my Samurai Zaerog out for a spin with a Zaerog/U Ronia/Ronia/Ronia/U Minerva/ Zaerog in endless. I one shotted everything. On Zeus the ronia active was only enough for 1 row and then 4 spare reds and it still one shot him. This is ridiculous. Need more of him and D/L Fagan... maybe I can go dark dragon team and be just as nasty with something like D/L Fagan. Anyone running either please send a friend's request 360,846, 292.

I have a Samurai Zaerog, but he's only level 28 with no Awakenings so I haven't been comfortable leading with him. It's nice to hear that he's a capable leader despite the 50% life, but with only one Ronia here I think I'd need greater care with my subs. Right now I'd be looking at U Minerva, U Hinokagutsuchi, U Ronia, and probably U Uriel, U Freyr or U Zeus Vulcan as subs. I just need 17 more Tamadras and 10m or so red xp to live the dragon dream.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would unironically love a Blonia at some point in this life. I have so many blue/physiscal Gods going to waste.

Me too. Blodin would love a Blonia buddy.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

psymonkey posted:

If your main leader or core part of your main team doesn't need it, I'd definitely save it for Athena. She's truly The People's Leader right now.

opaopa13 posted:

Of the monsters you mentioned, I'd put Athena as the highest priority for sure. After her, either Light Valk (if you need another short orb-changer for your Athena team) or Minerva (if you have room for her on a Devil team or want to use her a Leader). Everyone else is low priority. I'm currently using Attackerasu on literally all four of my Weekday Legend teams, although her Attacker uevo is only really important for Wednesday, and even then you could just use a friend's as a Leader. I haven't even bothered changing over Susano yet despite having the mats: I just don't use him enough.

Make sure you look at Beelzebub and both Fagan uevos before you make your decision. I'd put Athena above them, but depending on your box they could be your next best usage for orbs after her.

e: I lied, Attackerasu has been bumped from my Friday Legend team after realize I didn't really need her damage on wave 4, and thus would rather have Isis helping with binds on wave 3.
e2: I do really enjoy that Amaterasu used to live on my Thursday Legend Bastet-Healer team, and now lives on my Thursday Legend Shiva-Fire team.

What are your Ama weekday teams? You make her sound like the most useful option :v:

I'm not sure I can even do the Athena Descended dungeon yet, though I'd probably be willing to use up to five stones to do it-one REM pull, basically. I've come up with these options so far:

Pandora team: https://www.padherder.com/user/SA-Pigeon/teams/#95042
Haku team: https://www.padherder.com/user/SA-Pigeon/teams/#115782
Kirin team: https://www.padherder.com/user/SA-Pigeon/teams/#115783

If anyone can look those over and give advice, or see if there's anything else useful in my box, that would be awesome.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Battle Pigeon posted:

What are your Ama weekday teams? You make her sound like the most useful option :v:

I'm not sure I can even do the Athena Descended dungeon yet, though I'd probably be willing to use up to five stones to do it-one REM pull, basically. I've come up with these options so far:

If anyone can look those over and give advice, or see if there's anything else useful in my box, that would be awesome.

That Pandora team probably will work, but you will need to stall well. Remember you can stall on F3 (Sieg) as long as you want as long as you don't hit him *at all*. If you screw up and hit him early, you are probably sunk, and I wouldn't stone, you are better off spending the stones on stamina to retry. It might be a little marginal without that 2nd Haku awoken though. Assuming you can stall and maybe even store some dark orbs on Sieg to not need to use many skills, you should be fine on Athena herself, since you get 2 giant bursts. Actually, since that 2nd Haku isn't awoken, I would swap in Durga for the final Athena burst.

Your Pandora team could use an orb enhancer for times like this, you might want to look into ult Hadar.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Battle Pigeon posted:

Pandora can blast through Athena Descended, sure. So can that Devil 2 team you've got there (the one with Haku as a sub).

The Gigas on Floor 1 gives you 3 free turns, so you shouldn't have much trouble there. With Cu Chu on Floor 2, the biggest hurdle is healing after each hit (he hits for up to 10K damage/turn above 50%, and does a 99% hit, followed by a hit for 8.5K damage below 50%) - Ronia's RCV bonus or Pandora's heartmaker active should help you there. Siegfried on Floor 3 is also nice enough to give you 3-4 free turns before attacking (he blows his first attack on a "damage enhance" move). As for Athena herself, just pop all your orb-change/damage enhance skills, and you should be able to one-shot her.

Edit: Oh, and as two_step mentioned, Siegfried actually does absolutely nothing at all as long as you keep him at 100% health, which means that you can stall by making matches without dealing damage to him. It's a bit of a risky proposition, though, since an errant skyfall can completely screw you over.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 30, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Assuming the Godfest starts tomorrow I should have 5 rolls on the Godfest. :)

Edit: What are some ways of maintaining 80% and below health with GZL without being dangerously close to death? I completed the first bit of the first technical dungeon with the help of an Athena and some careful use of heart gems and letting the weaker monsters wail on me a bit.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Artificer posted:

Assuming the Godfest starts tomorrow I should have 5 rolls on the Godfest. :)

What do you mean, assuming? It was announced it's starting tonight. You have about 13 hours to wait in anticipation for 5 red riding hoods.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Xenochrist posted:

What do you mean, assuming? It was announced it's starting tonight. You have about 13 hours to wait in anticipation for 5 red riding hoods.

Oh. Uhhhh. Hmm. I only have 24 stones right now and I just got the 24th one so I guess I'll only have 4 rolls then. Oh well. Still pretty nice. Fingers crossed!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Already cleared out all challenge mode stones or what?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

The Gigas on Floor 1 gives you 3 free turns, so you shouldn't have much trouble there. With Cu Chu on Floor 2, the biggest hurdle is healing after each hit (he hits for up to 10K damage/turn above 50%, and does a 99% hit, followed by a hit for 8.5K damage below 50%) - Ronia's RCV bonus or Pandora's heartmaker active should help you there. Siegfried on Floor 3 is also nice enough to give you 3-4 free turns before attacking (he blows his first attack on a "damage enhance" move). As for Athena herself, just pop all your orb-change/damage enhance skills, and you should be able to one-shot her.

The trick to CuChu is just to make sure to hit him in sets of 12 hits (strictly dual-colored teams make this doable), and set up so you can hit him two turns in a row on the turn you will knock him below 50%. If you do that, it doesn't matter if he chooses to do the -99% attack or Finale, you kill him either way and you're back up to full on Sig. Having a fast 5 turn changer really helps here a lot, but just matching 3s and clearly off unused colors usually makes this pretty easy.

An extra tip for Sieg stalling is to remember that you can just pass turns without doing anything. You should just pass any turn where his turn counter is at 1, so even if you get a bad skyfall you'll still have an extra turn to start hammering him. You can also just use turns to move colors you use to the bottom, without matching anything. The farther those colors are to the bottom, the harder it is to get a random skyfall.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 30, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

Already cleared out all challenge mode stones or what?

Challenge mode?

Oh. No I'm a beginner scrub. I've only beaten the Castle of Satan with the Vampire in it.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

two_step posted:

That Pandora team probably will work, but you will need to stall well. Remember you can stall on F3 (Sieg) as long as you want as long as you don't hit him *at all*. If you screw up and hit him early, you are probably sunk, and I wouldn't stone, you are better off spending the stones on stamina to retry. It might be a little marginal without that 2nd Haku awoken though. Assuming you can stall and maybe even store some dark orbs on Sieg to not need to use many skills, you should be fine on Athena herself, since you get 2 giant bursts. Actually, since that 2nd Haku isn't awoken, I would swap in Durga for the final Athena burst.

Your Pandora team could use an orb enhancer for times like this, you might want to look into ult Hadar.

Hadar requires a KoG I don't have and can't yet get though! You think Durga would be better even though she's so low leveled and not awoken either? I have two Tamadras I've been saving, but that's it.

DaveWoo posted:

Pandora can blast through Athena Descended, sure. So can that Devil 2 team you've got there (the one with Haku as a sub).

Edit: Oh, and as two_step mentioned, Siegfried actually does absolutely nothing at all as long as you keep him at 100% health, which means that you can stall by making matches without dealing damage to him. It's a bit of a risky proposition, though, since an errant skyfall can completely screw you over.

Thanks both for the comments. I'll probably try the Pandora team first and see what I have trouble with, and how far in I can get.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Artificer posted:

Edit: What are some ways of maintaining 80% and below health with GZL without being dangerously close to death?

Hell if I know.
My theory was fast orb changers who turn Hearts to Green. I have 2 and that still didn't work for me.

Eventually you can farm a Hercules who sets your HP at 1 and gives 1.5x to God ATK. I don't know if that is *good* idea though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Artificer posted:

Challenge mode?

Oh. No I'm a beginner scrub. I've only beaten the Castle of Satan with the Vampire in it.

Once you clear castle of satan in the tech dungeons you can re-run all dungeons in challenge mode for another stone each.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I've been playing GZL a ton lately and my strategy is to just tank shots, and then hell when I know it wont take me to above 80%. Heart breakers help a lot, yeah, but a lot of it is just balancing out health and combos in your head. It helps to have low RCV too.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Artificer posted:

Oh. Uhhhh. Hmm. I only have 24 stones right now and I just got the 24th one so I guess I'll only have 4 rolls then. Oh well. Still pretty nice. Fingers crossed!

Well you'll get another stone in the mail tomorrow so don't fret you'll get 5 tries at them silver eggs.

Also, yeah what Fricken said. Clear castle of satan and then rerun the really easy dungeons in "Challenge Mode" (you have to scroll to the bottom of your friends-selection list after you select the dungeon you want to run) and you'll get to run the dungeon with a team full of your friends AND get another stone when you clear all levels of the dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Hey let's be friends. I run Freyr, GZL and LZL. Looking for ROdin, Ares, GZL, LZL and Metatrons!

328 236 395

• Locked thread