Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

I wake up and there are 100 posts and now the duel is against someone completely different and Ernie is apparently suicidal? I really don't get this game.

Well, when you consider the question 'What other game can make you think of the sentence you just did?' and realize the answer is 'None', then you'll be in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Well, when you consider the question 'What other game can make you think of the sentence you just did?' and realize the answer is 'None', then you'll be in love.

To be fair, you could be suicidal in every game you play and I just don't know that.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

To be fair, you could be suicidal in every game you play and I just don't know that.

Aha! But when you tell I'm not, can you really believe it, considering we are in a social deception game?!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

So wait do I vote for someone to live, or for someone to die?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I feel bad for Circl, because this game is not what I would call newbie-friendly. This is absolute madness and I'm loving every minute of it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

apostateCourier posted:

Are you actually reading anything? You can tell me I'll keep your secret safe

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Just vote No lYnch. No longer will we live under the rule and control of moderators who forsake us 2 days out of every 3.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

Are you actually reading anything? You can tell me I'll keep your secret safe

I am. Contradictory mechanics posts confuse the hell out of me though.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Epsilon Plus posted:

Requested clarification follows. This is a part of a role PM.

You are currently voting for the person you want to live. When majority is reached, that person will live and the other will die. I kindly ask that you forgive the absolute dumbfuckery committed by your mod in writing this role and re-vote after this post. All previous votes nulled.

:megaman: sorry :< :megaman:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

This is a part of a role PM.

Full disclosure: Epsilon Plus is being disingenuous here. There was no apology in my role PM, and he implied there was.

Down with the Rule of Mods. Imagine we are all in Hit Popular Movie 'Clash of Titans', why do what the Mods ask? It's time, I say, that they know that they've created us into what we are, and we're a reflection of their worst traits. Vote No Lynch for a better tomorrow.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
:megaman: Ernie

Also, this post stinks:

Amnistar posted:

:megaman:ernie

The quoted post has made me realize that if one of them has to leave the game I would prefer ernie to stay. He is much more fun.

##vote Amnistar

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Wait, that's backwards, sorry EP/TT

:megaman: Meinberg

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, fair. Guess I missed that when I skimmed through.

Round 2 of crazy duel time sounds fun to me. It also sounds decidedly pro-town. Either a dangerous non-town role goes away, or Exakt can choose to confirm as town and throw a pseudo-vig on someone they think is scum.

:megaman:Meinberg

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Sorry ... Amnistar

:megaman: Meinbergman

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
:megaman: No Lynch

Freedom!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ernie. posted:

Sorry ... Amnistar

:megaman: Meinbergman

You betrayer!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Duel

Ernie (3): Pmom, Allen, Amni
Meinberg (6): Asiina, Ernie, Kumba, Somb, Exakt, AC

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hi guys, how's it's going? Lots of posts in the thread I see.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

Kumbamontu posted:

god DAMNIT meinberg

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh that Meinberg.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'll be straight with you, I just woke up and caught up with the thread. I'm going to leave this, then I'll be back shortly.

:megaman: Meinberg

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

##vote Amnistar

Don't like none of this.

Meinberg posted:

:coffeepal:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Gamerofthegame posted:

##vote Amnistar

Don't like none of this.

:coffeepal:

Hey, could you maybe be a bit more specific about what you don't like? Also why you don't like it?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Duel

Ernie (4): Pmom, Allen, Amni, Gamer
Meinberg (7): Asiina, Ernie, Kumba, Somb, Exakt, AC, Meinberg

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

It's pretty simple. Gamer doesn't like that I've cottoned on to them being scum and now is taking advantage of my refusal to participate seriously in this duel as a reason for cuddling me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Amnistar posted:

It's pretty simple. Gamer doesn't like that I've cottoned on to them being scum and now is taking advantage of my refusal to participate seriously in this duel as a reason for cuddling me.

Thanks, but I didn't ask you. I asked your scumbuddy.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

My thought processes are often a garbled mess of incoherent and contradictory nonsense, but I figured it was worthwhile to be intellectually honest with you guys. That Ernie interpreted this as faking thoughts makes me quite sad, as they were, in fact, legitimate, even in the way that they turned onto each other.

I also think it's pretty rude that Ernie ultimately decided to ignore the results of the poll in order to target me because of a single post.

If Ernie does flip to be town, then I do recommend that you pick up his role, Exakt, and use it on someone you view as legitimately scummy, as it is the best way for us to be sure that you won't flip on us later by taking a scum role.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meinberg posted:

I also think it's pretty rude that Ernie ultimately decided to ignore the results of the poll in order to target me because of a single post.

If Ernie does flip to be town, then I do recommend that you pick up his role, Exakt, and use it on someone you view as legitimately scummy

More contradictions from Meinberg. 'Ernie was wrong for doing the thing I'm telling you to do, EXAKT'

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

Thanks, but I didn't ask you. I asked your scumbuddy.

I'm confused here....you already believe myself to be scum and gamer to be scum and yet are asking for reasons for the vote? You already have an opinion on the matter and it doesn't appear that you are actually interested in hearing additional opinions so why bother asking the question?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Amnistar posted:

I'm confused here....you already believe myself to be scum and gamer to be scum and yet are asking for reasons for the vote? You already have an opinion on the matter and it doesn't appear that you are actually interested in hearing additional opinions so why bother asking the question?

Because I was interested in hearing an opinion... From the person I asked for one :cool:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

More contradictions from Meinberg. 'Ernie was wrong for doing the thing I'm telling you to do, EXAKT'

I don't see it as contradictory at all, since why spend a day and a half on this poll if you aren't going to even take it into consideration?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I love how everyone assumes I'm a cop.

I just think Ernies town.

:megaman: meinberg

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It forced a lot of people to generate a lot of content, right?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

I love how everyone assumes I'm a cop.

I just think Ernies town.

:megaman: meinberg

we're voting to save, not to kill. you just put ernie at -2 to die.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

EXAKT Science posted:

Because I was interested in hearing an opinion... From the person I asked for one :cool:

You want the opinion of someone you think is scum about their vote on someone you think is scum?

Where is this hostility coming from exakt?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hurfffffff Ernie is such a big baby though and I really don't think that Meinberg is scam.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Amnistar posted:

You want the opinion of someone you think is scum about their vote on someone you think is scum?

Where is this hostility coming from exakt?

Hostile? I'm not being hostile, I'd call it being aggressive, as at this point I've claimed and am probably going to die by EOD tomorrow, so what do I have to lose? Why are you so quick to jump to such a strident defense of Gamer?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Duel Status

Ernie (5): Pmom, Allen, Amni, Gamer, Ernie

Meinberg (8): Asiina, Ernie, Kumba, Somb, Exakt, AC, Meinberg, CPig

9 needed to win.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pinterest Mom posted:

we're voting to save, not to kill. you just put ernie at -2 to die.

Oh whoops

:megaman: ernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Duel Status

Ernie (6): Pmom, Allen, Amni, Gamer, Ernie, CPig

Meinberg (7): Asiina, Ernie, Kumba, Somb, Exakt, AC, Meinberg

9 needed to win.