Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Who's their guy on the analyst desk? He's ex-Fnatic apparently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murg
Oct 22, 2008
That's Cyanide.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jonny Angel posted:

Cyanide, a founding member of their roster and their old jungler.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jonny Angel posted:

Cyanide. He was their jungler.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Aumanor posted:

I do realise that this is unnerfed Zed, I just think that Zed should have been nerfed much, much harder than he was on 5.2.
Not much chance of that, he's a big skin seller and people love to watch him in the pro scene because of the ~play potential~. Same with Lee Sin.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flipswitch posted:

Not much chance of that, he's a big skin seller and people love to watch him in the pro scene because of the ~play potential~. Same with Lee Sin.

Also it's not like Zed is even approaching the kind of pick/ban rate in competitive that other problem champions are at. I think Gnar and Rek'sai have to be near 100% at this point.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
counterpoint: Zed is cool and good, but not overpowered

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Cool, didn't know what he looked like.

Fact: Prolly looks like a hot Steve Buscemi. Discuss.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

"... Bad"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Yessss pr0lly on cam. Too bad he's being serious.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just like most assassins, they have way too much damage for their mobility. They keep making them and they keep having to nerf them over and over and over.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think he's a bit too good at too many things but I don't think he's particuarly overpowering at any particular one. The 5.2 nerf really hampers his aggravating early splitpushing at least which I loving loathe about Zed. Generally speaking he can only 100-0 gak one person in a fight and if your comp/support is prepped to deal with it he'll struggle with that, so I don't think he's too bad.

I'm just hoping the attack speed nerf also does in his whole "pop ult, whiff skills, mash auto attack, jump out and still get the kill" approach that any retard can do with Zed, but I don't think I'll have too much luck there.

VVV: Bingo. The counterplay is there for Zed which is why I don't think he's as much of a problem as other assassins can be. He's annoying to play against for sure and tends to poo poo up the games he's in but not in an overpowering way.

I do hate how QSS gives me mag res against a 5 AD comp with a Zed in it though, kinda wish there was two versions of it but I'm not sure it'd be even remotely balanced giving AD, armour and a cleanse.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 30, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

How overpowered Zed is generally depends on if you picked a teamcomp that can shut down a Zed. Janna, Lulu, or Soraka can make him pretty useless if played well. It also depends on if your carries are smart enough to pick up a QSS/Zonyas fairly early and if they can play safe until they have it.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 30, 2015

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
gnar isn't even good anymore.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
can people stop banning lee, im getting really bored of jarvan already

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

gnar isn't even good anymore.

Actually, Gnar Is Good, Hope This Helps.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Thanks for your opinion. But actually, gnar is bad.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

can people stop banning lee, im getting really bored of jarvan already
I'm bored of both to be honest, the jungle is shaping up to be poo poo again for the pro scene.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
cassiopea toplane

get the hell in

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flipswitch posted:

I'm bored of both to be honest, the jungle is shaping up to be poo poo again for the pro scene.

I remember how, at the beginning of the season, everyone was trying to say that Lee wasn't going to be a good jungler anymore. lol

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

true, but at least lee can do cool looking stuff

also im going to make a bold prediction that elise = lose

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That sure was a start.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
ryu first blood

cant wait to see him do nothing with it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

I would have agreed with this before it started, but Leblanc just got a kill before laning phase, so....

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
How come Annie is played again, was she buffed?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Because, Annie is a good champion.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

saihttam posted:

How come Annie is played again, was she buffed?

No, I think it's just that heavy engage comps are getting really popular again. Leona is being played again too, and there haven't been any changes to her in ages.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

cassiopea toplane

get the hell in

I'm tired of these motherfuckin' snakes in this motherfuckin' lane!

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Yeah ok. She just disappeared last season

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

I remember how, at the beginning of the season, everyone was trying to tell me that Lee wasn't going to be a good jungler anymore. lol
"he's already borderline unplayable in the new jungle" :shepface:

Lovechop posted:

true, but at least lee can do cool looking stuff

Watching Lee run around the jungle being uncatchable in the early game is dull as poo poo but I agree he's more interesting than e>q feat r man.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

The settling into either 2v2 lanes or letting your adc sit in a completely empty lane for 5 minutes combined with the nerfs to some of the better counter engage supports mean you can roam heavily / actually fight again so you can play that stuff. Also junglers are extremely weak and bad so it's important for supports to be able to start fights. This is my opinion.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ah the old double boots build

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
WHY DO PEOPLE IN THE EULCS KEEP BUYING DOUBLE BOOTS

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
The best move from Riot would be nerfing both Lee and Jarvan into the ground, and significantly buffing every other jungler every other non-assassin jungler.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Sexpansion posted:

are they with the fur? if not then hell nah

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Edit: oops nm

stump collector
May 28, 2007

exethan posted:

ryu first blood

cant wait to see him do nothing with it

im very wrong so far

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

One for each foot, that's why nobody plays Skarner.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Aumanor posted:

The best move from Riot would be nerfing both Lee and Jarvan into the ground, and significantly buffing every other jungler every other non-assassin jungler.

They've already nerfed Lee into the ground, the real issue is that pro jungling is nothing like normal jungling cause they ward too deep and too thoroughly to let junglers get consistent ganks off and pro laning phase is usually short so they don't generally get to farm up. Hence why most popular junglers in pro play are the ones who can build Warrior into full tank and become ult bots in the late game (Lee/J4/Vi/etc.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

They've already nerfed Lee into the ground, the real issue is that pro jungling is nothing like normal jungling cause they ward too deep and too thoroughly to let junglers get consistent ganks off and pro laning phase is usually short so they don't generally get to farm up. Hence why most popular junglers in pro play are the ones who can build Warrior into full tank and become ult bots in the late game (Lee/J4/Vi/etc.).

Has there been a game where the jungler didn't go full tank after upgrading the jungler item in LCS?

• Locked thread