Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

That's perfect from show putting his leg into place and the fact theirs absolutely zero leverage or strength in that throw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

flashy_mcflash posted:

J-Ru says this version is actually cut down and the setup to get to this point took seemingly forever.

Wow, I missed that. Roman Reigns is making me respect Cena more and more.

Also with that stupid rule, wasn't Dean dating Renee?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

When the plan is "Roman Reigns hurricanranas Big Show outside the ring," I don't know, I find it pretty hard to blame either Roman Reigns or the Big Show

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Dexo posted:

Roman Reigns is making me respect Cena more

Love him or hate him you gotta respect him

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Love him or hate him you gotta respect him

Is this poo poo meme bannable yet

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Everblight posted:

100% and 100% respectively.

The spot was 200% stupid.

If there was an agent that suggested they do it, possibly 300%

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What poor schlub must they have as an agent for Roman's matches?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Two takeaways form Smackdown -

Before the casket match, Bray Wyatt had this little promo talking about taking away your reason to smile and that what you saw next would ensure that you never smile again or some such thing. But then they just went to the casket match and he didn't do anything else. What was that about?

Secondly, King is SO MUCH MORE TOLERABLE on Smackdown than he is on Raw. I almost enjoyed listening to him.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I never really thought King was really as bad as "meh" but he was miles better when he was a heel and had JR to riff off of. He's just phoning it in at this point.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Phenix Rising posted:

Before the casket match, Bray Wyatt had this little promo talking about taking away your reason to smile and that what you saw next would ensure that you never smile again or some such thing. But then they just went to the casket match and he didn't do anything else. What was that about?

It was a Kane match.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
What's driving me a little crazy is that as much as I want Bryan to be in the Wrestlemania main event and win the belt, I also don't want that now. I wanted him to win the Rumble, but that didn't happen. What now? Bryan is unfairly kept down by the bookers, the crowd revolts until they have to give in and admit he's great, and Bryan wins the title? I've seen that story already, it was great. I don't want to be told it two years in a row.

I want Bryan to be acknowledged as The Guy and Vince to stop trying to depush him into the midcard forever, but at this point I'd really prefer it if they found some other way to do that and salvage Wrestlemania without just putting last year's show on reruns. Which, I don't know how the gently caress they can do that, but that's on their own stupid heads because the really obvious fix was to never have this problem in the first place.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Dexo posted:

Also with that stupid rule, wasn't Dean dating Renee?

In keeping with the "Dean Ambrose is sleazy" meme, I'm assuming that rule was put into place after someone found Renee looking like the original cover art to Appetite for Destruction.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure everybody's grandfathered in or something.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

CapnAndy posted:

What's driving me a little crazy is that as much as I want Bryan to be in the Wrestlemania main event and win the belt, I also don't want that now. I wanted him to win the Rumble, but that didn't happen. What now? Bryan is unfairly kept down by the bookers, the crowd revolts until they have to give in and admit he's great, and Bryan wins the title? I've seen that story already, it was great. I don't want to be told it two years in a row.

I want Bryan to be acknowledged as The Guy and Vince to stop trying to depush him into the midcard forever, but at this point I'd really prefer it if they found some other way to do that and salvage Wrestlemania without just putting last year's show on reruns. Which, I don't know how the gently caress they can do that, but that's on their own stupid heads because the really obvious fix was to never have this problem in the first place.

I'm wondering how many rumbles we're going to have before Bryan wins or the crowd stops booing the guy who does for not being Bryan, whichever comes first. WWE seem determined not to learn from 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm pretty sure everybody's grandfathered in or something.

And/or Renee counts as on-air talent. I doubt she's in like, creative meetings.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I wonder who hosed a production crew member to prompt the rule.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Sigma posted:

Randy Savage

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sigma posted:

Goddammit Roman

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sockser posted:

It was a Kane match.

He was so right :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dexo posted:

Wow, I missed that. Roman Reigns is making me respect Cena more and more.

Unironically this. Roman being so awful is making me actually like Cena more.

I wonder if this was their plan all along??

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

He was talking about Undertaker.

Like go back and watch it again with that in mind.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 30, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Like back and watch it again with that in mind.

Yeah, he talked about fearing nothing living or dead, right?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, he talked about fearing nothing living or dead, right?

Considering he paused and emphasised on "dead" and talked about taking way nostalgic smiles, it's Taker.

I wish it wasn't Taker, I don't care at all about Bray/Taker.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Like go back and watch it again with that in mind.

I immediately got that impression, but him saying "what you're going to see next" or whatever made me feel like there was going to be another segment with him doing something.

Absolutely got the Undertaker vibe from that promo, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Considering he paused and emphasised on "dead" and talked about taking way nostalgic smiles, it's Taker.

I wish it wasn't Taker, I don't care at all about Bray/Taker.

I have a perverse desire to see it because it's a corner they're willingly booking themselves into.

Bray SHOULD win, because he's the full-timer and the closest thing to a monster heel they have that isn't costing millions of dollars each time he wrestles and isn't pushing 50. It should be a pass-the-torch thing.

BUT Taker also needs to win, because it keeps Brock's win special, it gives Taker some shine back, and it makes the crowd happy.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And/or Renee counts as on-air talent. I doubt she's in like, creative meetings.

It would be cool if she was though. Suddenly everyone would be that much more charming.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I actually approve of making Bray more supernatural and giving him Taker at Wrestlemania in what's probably going to be a passing-of-the-torch "You're the new magic bad guy" match. Undertaker is loving done and needs to retire, Bray's proven, he's ridiculously over, and he's scary. It's a good choice.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If that happens, I don't know how they'd do it but they need to have the urn produce smoke and have the lantern absorb the smoke somehow. They have a props department, make it happen.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

It's a good choice.

This week proved WWE is incapable of doing this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...It could easily backfire, but you could have Taker Tombstone Bray... and Bray does the sit-up. Or his spider-walk shtick.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

They should have Bray hurricanrana him to the outside.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

BUT Taker also needs to win, because it keeps Brock's win special, it gives Taker some shine back, and it makes the crowd happy.
I don't see any of it that way. Brock's win is special regardless because it broke the streak; I don't think it gets diminished because the magic's gone now. Brock shattered whatever was protecting Taker at Wrestlemania, he's vulnerable now but it's going to be because of Brock that beating him is even concievable. Bray makes the crowds happy too (they like swaying with their cellphones, it's fun). And at this point, to be brutally honest, I don't think it's possible to give Taker any shine back, and he doesn't need it even if it was. He's broken, man. He looked broken last year before the match even started. Even one match a year is too much now, this needs to be his swan song.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

sticklefifer posted:

If that happens, I don't know how they'd do it but they need to have the urn produce smoke and have the lantern absorb the smoke somehow. They have a props department, make it happen.

I want the Undertaker to hold up the Urn, then Bray holds up his lantern and it causes the Urn to explode. I don't care how dumb and dangerous that sounds, make it happen dammit!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Dry ice in the urn and a fan in the lantern?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

...It could easily backfire, but you could have Taker Tombstone Bray... and Bray does the sit-up. Or his spider-walk shtick.

Bray taking a Tombstone and popping up into the spider walk would be loving incredible. Taker would sell it like death, too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CapnAndy posted:

It sucks, but take it from me, someone who's been watching WWE for over 30 years, sometimes your favorite isn't going to "be the man", no matter how talented they are, and how untalented the guys who do get pushed are. Just be happy that he's allowed to win matches.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Peter Bazooka posted:

Is Seth Rollins the only heel to ever actually save his goons instead of letting them get beat down?

J&J should start coming out dressed in tactical vests and be referred to by Rollins as his shield

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bran Loghair posted:

J&J should start coming out dressed in tactical vests and be referred to by Rollins as his shield

He got an impressive amount of heat at the Rumble for using them to do the three-man power bomb.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
forbes crushing double double e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

Bray taking a Tombstone and popping up into the spider walk would be loving incredible. Taker would sell it like death, too.

That would instantly make the match worth it for me, holy poo poo.

Like I don't really even wanna see the match but if they did that spot, INSTANTLY no worse than *** from me.

• Locked thread