Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Endorph posted:

videos where you review a game are generally called 'game reviews'

hth

I meant more of a video where a guy is explaining how to beat a certain level, another showing all the secrets, one showing a glitch he found, a group of friends recording themselves and the game just for the hell of it, and then classic Let's Plays where it's a guy talking while playing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
I wanted to watch some let's plays of old PSX era JRPGs and it was all dudes reciting the dialogue in dumb voices, which is stupid why would I want that, talk about interesting aspects of the game or something, Jesus.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

zolthorg posted:

Jesus christ you think they would have managed to solve this problem in the last fourteen years?

Nintendo hardware has poo poo quality checking nowadays, not much you can do. The store clerk sad that touch screen problems are even more common than broken L buttons.

I also lost all my on-board data when I exchanged the broken 3ds because nintendo doesn't lift the data migration limit unless you actually lose your ds. Good thing I never invested into the antiquated e-shop/nintendo account bullshit or I might have had to wait the two weeks for the double migration I needed.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ok guys, I'm tossing up between buying Project X Zone and Shin Megami Tensei IV next week. Both are about 25-26 bucks so they're about the same in price but what is the general consensus for which is better?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

ChaosArgate posted:

You can modify a 3DS to output video. There are two sellers for different capture boards and they run for at least $200.

My curret 3ds is kind of busted, and missing the barcode number on the bottom so I can't sell it (at least to a gamestop/pawnshop, I think) so if it's true that it needs to be hard modded, that might be worth looking into. I'm assuming there's more info on this in the LP section, right?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Testekill posted:

Ok guys, I'm tossing up between buying Project X Zone and Shin Megami Tensei IV next week. Both are about 25-26 bucks so they're about the same in price but what is the general consensus for which is better?

I have never heard a single positive word about Project X Zone.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Testekill posted:

You can pretty regularly find both games for under that price (if you're talking USD) but SMT4 is the one to get.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Testekill posted:

SMTIV is great and Project X Zone is really bad

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Testekill posted:

Well Shin Megami Tensei IV is a very good game and, conversely, Project X Zone is a very bad game so

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Testekill posted:

SMT IV. From what I hear Project X Zone's combat turns into an insane slog once you reach a certain point of the game, plus the writing's mediocre fanfiction quality at best.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Pretty sure you command more units in Project X Zone than there are demons in SMTIV. Play SMTIV.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

fruitpunch posted:

I wanted to watch some let's plays of old PSX era JRPGs and it was all dudes reciting the dialogue in dumb voices, which is stupid why would I want that, talk about interesting aspects of the game or something, Jesus.

Let me introduce you to the Super Best Friends playing Parasite Eve-

Testekill posted:

Do not loving buy Project X Zone. Short answer, it's a super tediously long-turn strategy game with no strategy and it is like 20 hours too long.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

holy jesus gently caress buy smt4 over project x zone

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I really wanna see just one person come in here and recommend Project X Zone at all, let alone between those choices.

general chaos
May 20, 2001
SMT doesn't give you the chance to command Frank West and Bruce Willis into battle. Your choice is clear.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Do you guys have one solid favorite 3DS game? A game you could easily sell to people, I mean. I don't mean like Animal Crossing (I love the game, don't get me wrong) since the game is very clearly not for everyone and can be quickly checked off as slow.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

3d land

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That or Link Between Worlds.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's hard to find someone that dislikes 3d land. maybe kirby too

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's definitely A Link Between Worlds. Definitely the best portable Zelda game, possibly the best Zelda game period.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Regy Rusty posted:

I really wanna see just one person come in here and recommend Project X Zone at all, let alone between those choices.

As somebody who slogged through like 25 hours of Project X Zone and gave up when I realized I still had like 10-15 maps to go with another 20 hours or so involved, don't get Project X Zone.

I don't really like 3D Land or Canvas Curse. Never played Triple Deluxe though, but it looks closer to an older style Kirby game so I have a feeling I'd enjoy it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

noirstronaut posted:

Do you guys have one solid favorite 3DS game? A game you could easily sell to people, I mean. I don't mean like Animal Crossing (I love the game, don't get me wrong) since the game is very clearly not for everyone and can be quickly checked off as slow.

Animal Crossing.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Cless Alvein posted:

As somebody who slogged through like 25 hours of Project X Zone and gave up when I realized I still had like 10-15 maps to go with another 20 hours or so involved, don't get Project X Zone.

I don't really like 3D Land or Canvas Curse. Never played Triple Deluxe though, but it looks closer to an older style Kirby game so I have a feeling I'd enjoy it.

I paid like $10 for that game and holy gently caress what a waste of money. Steel diver at $5 was better and that was a god awful game. How could you actually put that much time in? After 2 hours I had to stop. It's literally fanfic personified with the worst everything ever

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I'd also go with Link Between World as a 3DS game I'd recommend to pretty much anybody. Haven't played 3D Land yet.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
I played through most of 3D World (gently caress Champion's Road). How does 3D land compare to it?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I literally sold my 3DS by just saying 'it has pokemon'. ALBW owns though

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ivy posted:

I played through most of 3D World (gently caress Champion's Road). How does 3D land compare to it?

Significant lack of Cat Bowser Meowser.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ivy posted:

More simplistic all around. It's still a fine and good game that's worth playing, but you can tell that 3D World is just a direct evolution and pretty much an improvement in every way.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ivy posted:

There's 8 worlds that are standard difficulty, then 8 additional worlds of remixed levels that are somewhat hard. They aren't impossible, but they aren't easy. To be honest though, 3D Land has nowhere near the level of creativity found in World for the obvious reasons. 3D Land seems cool because it's a 3D Mario game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

3d land is mini 3d world

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
Huh, neat. I'll be on my watch list for some point in the future perhaps. Maybe I should try to 100% 3D world first.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I didn't realize that Ocarina of Time 3D shot up in price since it recently went out of print. :stare:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I didn't realize that Ocarina of Time 3D shot up in price since it recently went out of print. :stare:

Don't worry, Gamestop will sooner or later sell used copies for $5 more than the MSRP.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

Don't worry, Gamestop will sooner or later sell used copies for $5 more than the MSRP.

Already are actually and even those are out of stock.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds/89884

I still own my copy, I'm just surprised of the jump.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Majora's Mask is coming in two weeks, and most people are probably looking to play or replay Ocarina of Time before then.

Ocarina of Time's actually my standing recommendation as THE 3DS game to drop on someone. Even if they're not great at it playing it, it gives a nice big open world to gently caress around in and admire the 3D effect.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
You can buy OoT on the eShop.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Testekill posted:

You get to see various characters play together in team with Project X Zone but please buy Shin Megami Tensei IV even if that's the (only) appeal you have to buy Project X Zone.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Project X Zone has John Mcclain in it but no dont buy it.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
smt iv has demonee-ho, i'm pretty sure that trumps anyone in project x-zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I enjoyed PxZ more than most, I also played it more than most, but you should definitely get SMT4 over PxZ.

• Locked thread