Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

Well it was on the cartridges and the game menu at least.

No it wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You like Castlevania, don't you?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't remember for Circle of the Moon but for Aria of Sorrow I'm sure of it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

I don't remember for Circle of the Moon but for Aria of Sorrow I'm sure of it.

Nobody ever said AoS didn't have the subtitle.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Get out of my head Psycho Mantis :cry:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I saw "three Castlevania games" and my brain went GBAvanias, missed Lament of Innocence in your post.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't think they're merging it together as one game, I think they're just submitting it all to certification at the same time so they can release it all at once.
America's getting episodes 2, 3, and 4 simultaneously yes, but they have confirmed the full game will be contained in one download for PAL regions. link
So I guess no one here's tried out Moon Chronicles?

Back in my GBA days I chose the Pacman Collection over "Castlevania"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm playing Circle of the moon, how does the card system works? I have both Mercury and Salamander shouldn't I be able to use a special ability (Fire Whip)?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Pressing L activates your selected cards.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

.TakaM posted:

America's getting episodes 2, 3, and 4 simultaneously yes, but they have confirmed the full game will be contained in one download for PAL regions. link
So I guess no one here's tried out Moon Chronicles?

Oh, well there you go!

I played the original DS game and didn't think much of it - it looked nice for a DS game but that's about the only compliment I could give it. The episodic thing they did with the 3DS version makes it even worse because the first episode contains barely any gameplay at all and I can't imagine many people are gonna wanna shell out for the rest.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

The Kins posted:

They're making way for the new 3DS iteration, SmileBASIC, that's coming out in the Spring. I guess they're trying to reduce the odds of people buying the old one and trying to run code for the old one?

Are Petit Computer programs compatible with the new SmileBASIC?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A lot of the code is identical between versions but a lot of it isn't, and the only (official) way to move/edit the old games in the new program is to manually re-enter all your code.

File sharing in SmileBASIC is done via an online server; you upload your games to the server and it generates a public key that you can share with people that'll let them download your stuff.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Supercar Gautier posted:

Pressing L activates your selected cards.

Cool, thanks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kurtofan posted:

Cool, thanks.

While we're on the subject also bear in mind that each card is dropped only by one specific type of enemy, and the type of enemy that drops a given card has more to do with progressing through the game and less with any congruence between enemy and card. For example the Serpent card (ice modifier) is dropped by Earth Demons, as it's an early card in the list and the Earth Demon is an early-game enemy. If you have a gap in your card collection, the missing card is probably dropped by an enemy in the previous area.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

C-Euro posted:

While we're on the subject also bear in mind that each card is dropped only by one specific type of enemy, and the type of enemy that drops a given card has more to do with progressing through the game and less with any congruence between enemy and card. For example the Serpent card (ice modifier) is dropped by Earth Demons, as it's an early card in the list and the Earth Demon is an early-game enemy. If you have a gap in your card collection, the missing card is probably dropped by an enemy in the previous area.

Nice tip, Earth Demon was kicking my rear end so I skipped him.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Just downloaded Steel Diver and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball on my 3DS... already had Pokemon Bank... any other freebies I'm missing that hand out Club Nintendo coins (U.S. region)? And I forget, are there any games/apps like that on the Wii U eShop?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kurtofan posted:

Nice tip, Earth Demon was kicking my rear end so I skipped him.

Yeah it's kind of weird and it certainly doesn't help that the drop rates are pretty drat low even by Castlevania standards. Also I just thought of an exception- there's at least one card I can think of that is in the middle of the card line but is in an early area, it's just hidden past a barrier you can only pass with a later item.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BiggerJ posted:

Are Petit Computer programs compatible with the new SmileBASIC?
I haven't read much of people's experiences with it, but I've read all the API documentation and there are enough differences that it will probably take some effort to port things over. And yeah like PSN says you're probably going to have retype everything anyway because QRs don't work and as far as I know there aren't any PC tools yet.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
Hey goons, are there some problems with the eShop right now? I'm downloading Metroid Prime and the download is taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R. The console tells me the download will be done in 100 hours and in so far five and a half hours only ~5% of the game has been downloaded. I've checked the house's internet but on my laptop and my mom's tablet it works ok. Right now the only things using the internet are the Wii U and my laptop (and I'm just using the browser with two tabs open and no other downloads).

I just want to play Metroid with my brother before I go back to uni on Tuesday :(

Siselmo fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 31, 2015

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Have you tried unplugging your router and plugging it back in?

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Have you tried unplugging your router and plugging it back in?

I just tried it and now apparently the game will be fully downloaded in between 17 to 22 hours :pwn:. It still sucks, but I'll take it over the +100 hour download.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dial-up: the struggle is real

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't remember what was going on but steam gave me an estimate of "over a year" for a game download once

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kurtofan posted:

I don't remember what was going on but steam gave me an estimate of "over a year" for a game download once

This is amazing and I wish you'd gotten a screen shot of that.

Anyway, I bought some eshop cash when I found out metroid prime was going to be in the shop but I didn't read the price and so I have some extra money for my Wii U/3DS. Anyone got any recommendations? I have a hard time judging which non-virtual console games would be cool.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nuebot posted:

Anyway, I bought some eshop cash when I found out metroid prime was going to be in the shop but I didn't read the price and so I have some extra money for my Wii U/3DS. Anyone got any recommendations? I have a hard time judging which non-virtual console games would be cool.

Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies is the best eShop exclusive.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

less laughter posted:

Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies is the best eShop exclusive.

You got my hopes up, making me think there was a Phoenix Wright game for Wii U. :(

Also, it's not exclusive, it's also on ios.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Stealth Inc 2 is the best (for now) Wii U exclusive that's not a Nintendo game.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

thexerox123 posted:

You got my hopes up, making me think there was a Phoenix Wright game for Wii U. :(
That's due to your own lack of reading comprehension then, because he wrote Wii U/3DS.

quote:

Also, it's not exclusive, it's also on ios.
I meant exclusive to the eShop on the 3DS in that it's not available as a physical release.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does DLC for 3DS titles give you Club Nintendo coins? I'm petty sure Wii U DLC does. Particularly, I'm wondering about the coin rush DLC in NSMB2 and various songs in Theatrhythm Curtain Call. I wasn't in a rush, but I might as well buy stuff a little ahead of schedule if it'll get me some extra coins before the program's dead.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Siselmo posted:

Hey goons, are there some problems with the eShop right now? I'm downloading Metroid Prime and the download is taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R. The console tells me the download will be done in 100 hours and in so far five and a half hours only ~5% of the game has been downloaded. I've checked the house's internet but on my laptop and my mom's tablet it works ok. Right now the only things using the internet are the Wii U and my laptop (and I'm just using the browser with two tabs open and no other downloads).

I just want to play Metroid with my brother before I go back to uni on Tuesday :(

As I found out, Metroid Prime Trilogy is HUGE. Slightly over 8 gigs. It's not the biggest thing on the eShop (off the top of my head Darksiders II was like 26GB and Smash 4 is 11GB) but it's still really big compared to, say, 3D World or MK8, which are somehow less than 2GB each.

So if you've got a base-level Cable or (gasp) DSL connection, indie and Mario games would probably download in an few hours or so, while stuff like MPT or SSB4 is gonna take significantly longer.

(Also If you think that's bad, I bought three PC games last year that were more than 50GB to download each. Thank goodness that Comcast hasn't established data caps proper yet, and as someone who now almost exclusively buys games digitally I hope they never do.)

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Does prime trilogy net you any club Nintendo coins?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stan Taylor posted:

Doesn't look like. Probably because it came out after the cutoff for new codes.

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

Minidust posted:

Does DLC for 3DS titles give you Club Nintendo coins? I'm petty sure Wii U DLC does. Particularly, I'm wondering about the coin rush DLC in NSMB2 and various songs in Theatrhythm Curtain Call. I wasn't in a rush, but I might as well buy stuff a little ahead of schedule if it'll get me some extra coins before the program's dead.

Can't speak to NSMB2 but Theatrhythm does not give coins.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

lelandjs posted:

As I found out, Metroid Prime Trilogy is HUGE. Slightly over 8 gigs. It's not the biggest thing on the eShop (off the top of my head Darksiders II was like 26GB and Smash 4 is 11GB) but it's still really big compared to, say, 3D World or MK8, which are somehow less than 2GB each.

So if you've got a base-level Cable or (gasp) DSL connection, indie and Mario games would probably download in an few hours or so, while stuff like MPT or SSB4 is gonna take significantly longer.

(Also If you think that's bad, I bought three PC games last year that were more than 50GB to download each. Thank goodness that Comcast hasn't established data caps proper yet, and as someone who now almost exclusively buys games digitally I hope they never do.)

My ISP is not very good so I guess that explains it, yeah (I remember Captain Toad taking a bit less than 3). The estimate went down sometime later last night to 6 and then to 2 1/2. It was weird. At least I have the game now.

And oh god +100 GB download how long did that take :stare:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Siselmo posted:

My ISP is not very good so I guess that explains it, yeah (I remember Captain Toad taking a bit less than 3). The estimate went down sometime later last night to 6 and then to 2 1/2. It was weird. At least I have the game now.

And oh god +100 GB download how long did that take :stare:

I typoed, I meant to say 30+ gigs, not 50+. The only one I can remember off the top of my head was Shadow of Modor, which I think was a 36GB download. I've got a midrange Comcast internet subscription that nets me 25-35Mbps (Comcast themselves quote 25Mbps on their site for my plan) depending on time of day and the server I'm downloading from, and as I remember Shadow of Modor took about 3-4 hours.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

lelandjs posted:

I typoed, I meant to say 30+ gigs, not 50+. The only one I can remember off the top of my head was Shadow of Modor, which I think was a 36GB download. I've got a midrange Comcast internet subscription that nets me 25-35Mbps (Comcast themselves quote 25Mbps on their site for my plan) depending on time of day and the server I'm downloading from, and as I remember Shadow of Modor took about 3-4 hours.

I see. I think our plan in Telnor is ~10Mbps, but Telnor is kind of poo poo anyway (seriously I think +20Mbps are on the expensive plans over here in Mexico). But now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that I've gotten games from Steam that weigh more that Metroid that didn't take as long.

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
I have a question. My son and I have 2 3dsxl systems with nnids on each. We Are getting rid of one of them and keeping the other. How do we merge the accounts using system transfer without losing the contents of either system?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Stan Taylor posted:

Speaking of Club Nintendo, do we know when the new rewards are being added? "February" could mean as early as tomorrow, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Especially when it's just going to be the original Metroid or something again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Suspicious Cook posted:

Speaking of Club Nintendo, do we know when the new rewards are being added? "February" could mean as early as tomorrow, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Especially when it's just going to be the original Metroid or something again.

This is Club Nintendo, so when they say Feburary, expect March.