Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Is this the worst england has ever played?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
No, not by a long shot.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Atherton era was a pretty low one for England.

Just read on Atherton's wiki page that he has a degenerative genetic disease. Poor bugger :(

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
A friend of mine plays in the F grade of the local comp. It's mostly very ordinary players, hungover old blokes and under 14s kids. This round they were bowled out for 176, and then the other side made 8/476 in reply. One bloke made a ton after they got the runs, and blokes were walking down the pitch to hit 13 year olds for six. Pretty pathetic stuff

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Byolante posted:

Is this the worst england has ever played?

lol

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Hyperriker is worse than the BCCI

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

You Am I posted:

The Atherton era was a pretty low one for England.

Just read on Atherton's wiki page that he has a degenerative genetic disease. Poor bugger :(

He has ankylosing spondylitis, and played with it most of his career. That is why he missed all those test matches waking up with a "stiff back".

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Dysgenesis posted:

He has ankylosing spondylitis, and played with it most of his career. That is why he missed all those test matches waking up with a "stiff back".

I have it too and it's pretty annoying. Also Michael Slater I think.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Shmoses posted:

A friend of mine plays in the F grade of the local comp. It's mostly very ordinary players, hungover old blokes and under 14s kids. This round they were bowled out for 176, and then the other side made 8/476 in reply. One bloke made a ton after they got the runs, and blokes were walking down the pitch to hit 13 year olds for six. Pretty pathetic stuff

Doesn't the local association grade people. That's silly.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

What's Finn doing. Does he think he's saving a test match.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
The Big Show has wrecked England. Is this a cunning plan so he stays in the team for the entire world cup?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Doctor Cave posted:

The Big Show has wrecked England. Is this a cunning plan so he stays in the team for the entire world cup?

England aren't capable of coming up with cunning plans

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The best end to this would be Anderson retiring hurt with a broken loving arm courtesy of mitchell johnson

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011

Byolante posted:

The best end to this would be Anderson retiring hurt with a broken loving arm courtesy of mitchell johnson

A good end would be channel Nine actually showing the last ball live instead of a ad

BobTheDestroyer fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 1, 2015

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
I guess I won't be tuning in for the last bit of the game.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Turning point for Maxwell imo.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Maxy off doing a poo.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

RideTheSpiral posted:

I have it too and it's pretty annoying. Also Michael Slater I think.

I know 2 spinal surgeons with it. Must be catching.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They're saying Henriques will replace Faulkner if he's still injured? Please be fit, Jimmy :(

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Doesn't the local association grade people. That's silly.
I assumed so but maybe not? It's just so douchey. Surely you either go for the outright or just call it off? No point demoralising kids in F grade

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Every club has a few dickhead big fish who refuse to play higher grades because they love clowning on teenagers every week

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Shmoses posted:

I assumed so but maybe not? It's just so douchey. Surely you either go for the outright or just call it off? No point demoralising kids in F grade

Its really poor form and pointless. From my experiences batsmen get a lot more leeway but that's just silly. So it was a 2 day game ? Why didn't they just declare

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Only logical things I can think of is they were going for an outright, or they could get points for the extra runs, pushing them up the ladder.

Having said that, they're probably a bunch of cunts from A grade who love being bullies on the weekend, as they can't cut it up the grades anymore, and can't handle the idea of spending time on the weekend with their stupid, ugly families. I may or may not be speaking from experience.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
At some point you just tell the bowlers to throw beamers

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
It was the second day of a two day game. They'd won when they passed the other team's score. They weren't going for an outright, nor do they get points for extra runs. They were just being dicks

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

serious gaylord posted:

At some point you just tell the bowlers to throw beamers

nah the twats would probably have complained and gotten the kids banned or something

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Hi has anyone played Don Bradman Cricket 14. Is it any good (please respond relative to the trace amounts of quality you find in cricket games). Can I take Bangladesh to Test supremacy

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

IceAgeComing posted:

nah the twats would probably have complained and gotten the kids banned or something
Bowl underarm, maybe? Get someone to wander around persistently by the sightscreen?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Nah, unless England get one of these two soon I reckon they'll still have it by about 20 runs. Broad's having a poo poo old time of it, and Woakes is playing.

Woakes.

I was only a hundred runs out.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Paul.Power posted:

Bowl underarm, maybe? Get someone to wander around persistently by the sightscreen?

Lol sightscreen in low grade cricket. You are usually lucky if the pitch is anything more than a strip which was cut lower than the rest of the field.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Or they're more likely to be playing on a concrete strip covered in astro turf, which makes batting silly easy once the shine is off the ball.

The only real option is the fielding side taking forever between and during overs, putting everyone on the boundary and making the batsmen run as much as possible. Also, those kind of pricks hate it when you give zero fucks about getting smashed around, so ignoring them and joking amongst yourselves can get wickets surprisingly.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

o.m. 94 posted:

Hi has anyone played Don Bradman Cricket 14. Is it any good (please respond relative to the trace amounts of quality you find in cricket games). Can I take Bangladesh to Test supremacy

Its better than any other past cricket game; although that isn't saying a great deal. Its a fun game that has its problems (bowling could be fun but it feels like you can bowl well and get nothing and suddenly got a hat trick off of three poo poo deliveries, and I think the batting difficulty curve is a little too steep) but its still a very fun game that doesn't turn into a piece of piss after five minutes. I mod a forum that some of the devs post on (including the CEO of the producing company) and they seem to actually give a poo poo which is quite novel for cricket games.

Also I played online against an ISIS team (???) and won with Scotland, which isn't something that you can say about any other sports game!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

o.m. 94 posted:

I thought it was pretty good, definitely the most fun I'd had with a cricket game in more than a decade

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

That's good news, my "gold standard" was Brian Lara 05 and 07 which were moderately competent games, so if it's better than that, then wahey

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Cricket 96 or bust

Chunderbuss
Sep 22, 2004

Go with the flow.
International Cricket/Super International Cricket

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Chunderbuss posted:

International Cricket/Super International Cricket

Correct, spam the howzat button until you annoy the umpire into giving you out. I assume it was used as training material in India when it was released

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Are the WC warm up matches going to be televised?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
That Stick Cricket flash game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

After having my sleep schedule upended the last 2 weeks for the Australian Open, I look forward to doing it again. :allears: :negative: