Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Will Cuchulain be able to do a Warp-Spasm? In the myths, when Cuchulain got really angry he'd mutate into a horrible monster, as recited in this pretty cool piece.

http://www.davidheuser.com/CWS.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Will Cuchulain be able to do a Warp-Spasm? In the myths, when Cuchulain got really angry he'd mutate into a horrible monster, as recited in this pretty cool piece.

What do you think Necron 7 is?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

He was in a monster form when he escaped his tomb in Barkley 1.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Here is a poster for our next game which will be a "Spectacle fighter" featuring Ultimate Hellbane as an optometrist trying to make ends meet.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
By the way I never got confirmation to that PAX east or whatever it was someone asked. The elusive producer is entirely at fault here, I take no responsibility over anything.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Gortarius posted:

Here is a poster for our next game which will be a "Spectacle fighter" featuring Ultimate Hellbane as an optometrist trying to make ends meet.

If the game's about Ultimate Hellbane why did you post a picture of mild-mannered scholar Balthios James?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
In the mysterious barkley 2 developement discussion chat, this was brought up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ZRSwul7cE

I'm told that this is what Barkley 2 strives to be. Heh, mission accomplished.

I kinda wanna watch an episode right now.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

There are no women with the will to survive that we've seen so far in B2 so...

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

swimming anime posted:

How do you know if duergar have sexual dimorphism?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Looks like PAX East is a no for ToG, sorry.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
Gamers: Join me in sending our chi energy to the ToG team.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gortarius posted:

Looks like PAX East is a no for ToG, sorry.

I'll never get to visit your filty wizard booth. :smith:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Show up to the ToG HQ door with a bottle of Dew and you shall have all that you wish for.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

swimming anime posted:

Juwanna Mann will show up. I'm sure.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

swimming anime posted:

There is more to see...................................

This is an equal opportunity game. Everyone is just as super miserable, no matter if male, female, eunuch or dwarf.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gortarius posted:

I kinda wanna watch an episode right now.

cleopatra 2525 was loving awful, but you should try to draw as much inspiration from Lexx as you can. Especially the toilets. Will barkley 2 have usable toilets? The answer to this question may impact my purchasing decision.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

NmareBfly posted:

cleopatra 2525 was loving awful, but you should try to draw as much inspiration from Lexx as you can. Especially the toilets. Will barkley 2 have usable toilets? The answer to this question may impact my purchasing decision.
Also needs a sink the bismarck minigame.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I expect hard moral choices from toilets. Should we truly let it mellow?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Will there be a new thread when this game is actually released (never)

zinglon's ale
Nov 29, 2004

uh oh

Gortarius posted:

Show up to the ToG HQ door with a bottle of Dew and you shall have all that you wish for.

If I bring a 2 liter can I challenge the wizard to a game of b-ball

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Luceid posted:

Will there be a new thread when this game is actually released (never)

I'm curious, how much time is TOG planning to have between the announcement of a release date and the actual release?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm curious, how much time is TOG planning to have between the announcement of a release date and the actual release?

they will release the game on torrent sites 2 weeks before the retail release and then wait another 2 weeks before the press campaign promoting it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Marketing decided on a direct mailing campaign, so the exact amount of time may vary.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
There are toilets you can use but I don't know if they will stay in the game. The very first thing I saw in the design docs when they forced me to work on this stupid game at gunpoint was CTS. Custom Toilet System.

Sink the bismark sounds like Battleships, which sounds like a (not) great idea. Don't know where it'll fit (nowhere) but to me at least it seems like a very easy and time efficient minigame to make codezz for.

I'm hoping there will be a fresh new thread when the game is released, or if/when there is a demo before the release. Just like all the other threads, some info on the game, some pix and some vids, and some funnay gifs to really turn people away from the game right from the get go. I think the best way to announce the release would be to announce it at the exact same second as the game comes out so that it gets everyone caught off guard. Or release the game in complete silence, then couple of months afterwards make an announcement that we are pulling it off the shelves because of poor sales, and blame the customerbase for everything.

If you wanna duke it out on the court with the Wizard then you better got some Verboten dunks up your sleeve.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Are there any plans to put this game out in other languages?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Al Bhed support is confirmed at release.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Al Bhed support is confirmed at release.

Famm dryd'c y nameav, pid E fuhtan ruf aqbahceja ed fuimt pa du dnyhcmyda dra risun uv drec kysa du udran myhkiykac, bnurepedejamo cu?

https://stephenw32768.appspot.com/albhed/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Famm dryd'c y nameav, pid E fuhtan ruf aqbahceja ed fuimt pa du dnyhcmyda dra risun uv drec kysa du udran myhkiykac, bnurepedejamo cu?

https://stephenw32768.appspot.com/albhed/

what the hell do you mean by "Vyss tnot'l o hysayj, bet A virdyh niv yxpyrlazy at viesd by ti thorlsoty tny necih ij tnal gocy ti itnyh sorgeogyl, phinabatazysu li?" you son of a bitch

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Al! posted:

what the hell do you mean by "Vyss tnot'l o hysayj, bet A virdyh niv yxpyrlazy at viesd by ti thorlsoty tny necih ij tnal gocy ti itnyh sorgeogyl, phinabatazysu li?" you son of a bitch

Famm kejah dra luhdaqd E drehg ed sayhc oui bid ed eh dra fnuhk puq.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Please go with the Sega Saturn surprise release

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Fadsads ada da sdioja sodijoadj osajdisao dlaksfnl saj hfaih ifsh gisa gif ahiahrf fdsa.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Can I get a rough estimate on how many popular memes this game will create.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

GNU Order posted:

E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo E's kyo

it's cool that i can figure this out without knowing al bhed

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gortarius posted:

Sink the bismark sounds like Battleships, which sounds like a (not) great idea. Don't know where it'll fit (nowhere) but to me at least it seems like a very easy and time efficient minigame to make codezz for.

It's actually pissing at a bar of soap or turd in a toilet. Until it sinks.

In fact, I am not sure how you'd include that minigame in barkley 2 and not receive an AO rating. Maybe just have the stream visible. Think of all the mechanics. Stream intensity varies and you need to pull left/right like a skateboarding game or something.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

pon alien posted:

Can I get a rough estimate on how many popular memes this game will create.

Popular memes? Zero.

Awful memes? Twelve.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Maybe I'm just a lovely alcoholic, but around here sink the bismarck is a drinking game. Float a shot glass in a half pint of beer, and everyone takes turns pouring into said shot glass. Person that sinks it, drinks it. It's like poo poo head jenga!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Khorne posted:

It's actually pissing at a bar of soap or turd in a toilet. Until it sinks.

In fact, I am not sure how you'd include that minigame in barkley 2 and not receive an AO rating. Maybe just have the stream visible. Think of all the mechanics. Stream intensity varies and you need to pull left/right like a skateboarding game or something.

Minigame?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Can we have a character who always says "that's one of my rules" after he offers profound life advice to the protagonist? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

sinking belle posted:

Can we have a character who always says "that's one of my rules" after he offers profound life advice to the protagonist? Thanks.

There is a guy who talk extensively about the societal norms for clowns. Is that good enough?