Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
D

Deeds of courage seem to make El happy. Let's give the men some morale by preparing a sushi banquet in front of the walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

G

This is sooo not good.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

1: G
Continue shooting, continue praying. Anything that looks remotely like an enemy leader needs five arrows sticking out of it right now.
There is a time for jumping down there and berserk-raging. That time is when we run out of arrows.
Save our five bronze arrows for the turtles. As soon as they get in range, we absolutely must prioritize them.

HEART FULL OF EL!

This, but also kill anyone with a horn or conch shell.

Amazed
Dec 29, 2009
i

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
G

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
I bet them blowfish bombs have some sort of magic that holds the souls of those who die while under its effects.

G

I is the better option in a vacuum, but bandwagoning on whatever isn't "leap from the walls like an idiot" is best in practice.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
voting G as well

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
1. As the horde continues to advance upon you, you....
G. Snipe the elite fishmen with your bow.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I was originally going go with G, but y'know what, gently caress it. Let's see if we can't inspire a few dudes.

1. D + "MEN OF TANAACH! YOUR STRUGGLE IS NOT YET ENDED! FIGHT ON, OR ELSE AID YOUR BROTHERS WHO DO NOT KNOW THE WAY!"

Crazy? Maybe. Purposeless? Perhaps.

But then again, we miiight just get this.

Those of you voting for anything other than D, I highly recommend trying to rally the ghosts regardless!

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
loving J. Sing and scream prayers with every arrow. gently caress these assholes and their poison bullshit.

ALogo
May 9, 2014
1. G

I'd rather be hitting the pufferfish jerks who are weakening our lines, where the elite guys are probably getting ready to charge up the backs of the turtles when they get here and don't present as significant a threat at the moment or really in the future considering the damage we can reasonably expect to inflict on their ranks compared to their ranged combatants' efforts, but such is the reality of votes.

Don't gently caress with the ghosts, we've been told not to gently caress with ghosts.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's also really dumb to jump down into a melee because it limits our ability to track the progress of the giant turtles which are clearly the real threat. Trying to not get stabbed by fishmen or skewered by allied javelins seems like it would take significant focus. Focus that would be better spent tracking the giant loving siege turtles. Also, being up on a wall should make it much easier to track the turtles rather than trying to estimate their progress based on glimpses we snatch between the tens of thousands of fishmen we for some reason decided to start punching.

ALogo fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Feb 4, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

ALogo posted:

1. G

I'd rather be hitting the pufferfish jerks who are weakening our lines, where the elite guys are probably getting ready to charge up the backs of the turtles when they get here and don't present as significant a threat at the moment or really in the future considering the damage we can reasonably expect to inflict on their ranks compared to their ranged combatants' efforts, but such is the reality of votes.

Don't gently caress with the ghosts, we've been told not to gently caress with ghosts.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's also really dumb to jump down into a melee because it limits our ability to track the progress of the giant turtles which are clearly the real threat. Trying to not get stabbed by fishmen or skewered by allied javelins seems like it would take significant focus. Focus that would be better spent tracking the giant loving siege turtles. Also, being up on a wall should make it much easier to track the turtles rather than trying to estimate their progress based on glimpses we snatch between the tens of thousands of fishmen we for some reason decided to start punching.

This is a good post that I agree with.

G

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Speaking of singing, I reckon a battle like this needs some musical accompaniment, don't you?

It's a bit cliche, but you can't get much more appropriate than a piece titled "Day of Wrath".

Also a touch on the cliche side and the lyrics aren't exactly inspiring, but the power of O Fortuna is after all fitting.

It would be more appropriate if we were in Kavodel with Naomi, but if we wanted to declare that THIS is the land of our seed, now and forever, the Exodus Song is a good pick!

And for a massive battle the likes of which has not been seen in many ages, what would be more fitting than Mars, Bringer of War?

Admittedly, there are bits here and there that aren't quite appropriate for a major battle, but I've always been a fan of the 4th Movement of the New World Symphony.

It's a touch more pessimistic, and honestly would be more suited for the demonic forces, but "Build That Wall" does fit the situation rather nicely, don't you think?

Now, for something a little more light-hearted and well in keeping with what we seem to be voting to do - let's Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition!

Perhaps, however, all that bombastic stuff isn't to your taste. Perhaps something a little more tense would be fitting - besides, is it not so that The People Are The Heroes Now?

In another time, another world, and another place, a small people held out against what seemed an unstoppable, uncontested war machine. Through the ages the spirit of their defiance has echoed, and just as we know that There'll Always Be An England, so do we know that there will always be a Zepath as long as the will of men hold out. (God Save the King isn't a bad sentiment, either!)

So, anybody else got any tunes they find inspiring or at least fitting?

Absum
May 28, 2013

Uh I didn't read all the posts but more people should vote R, snipe the riders off of the turtles with Arrow-Time and if they don't stop shoot the turtles in the eyes. It might be a good idea to keep the things from reaching the walls you know?

I can't read, vote changed to J.

Absum fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Feb 4, 2015

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
No hell march 0/10

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

ALogo posted:

1. G

Point taken. Changing vote to
G.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Absum posted:

R, snipe the riders off of the turtles with Arrow-Time and if they don't stop shoot the turtles in the eyes.

This is my vote

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Absum posted:

Uh I didn't read all the posts but more people should vote R, snipe the riders off of the turtles with Arrow-Time and if they don't stop shoot the turtles in the eyes. It might be a good idea to keep the things from reaching the walls you know?

they're too far away, we can't yet

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

bonus hole boy posted:

G. Some of the fishmen in the mob forming beyond the wall are taller and better armored than others. If you had to guess and ALL you have is a guess, they may be officers or chiefs or SOME way in charge? OR they may simply be brutes and stronger fighters? You are not sure. Snipe them with your bow. There are a lot of them, you don't need to use arrow-time, they are in range of your bow, given your current strength and coordination.
H. Target those from G, but throw stones and javelins instead.

Do this then Snipe the riders.

Voting H and then into R: snipe the riders off of the turtles with Arrow-Time and if they don't stop shoot the turtles in the eyes when they are in range

Absum
May 28, 2013

bonus hole boy posted:

God damnit I missed that line, thanks.

Guess I'm changing to J for now then.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
How fast can we throw diog? The average person can throw like 50mph? Can we throw a metal coin at 5000 mph? Range doesnt matter if we can throw a handful of metal items at 5000 mph as we are a human railgun.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Ouroborus posted:

D

Reminds me of one of those bits from... "Glory Majesty Unity" by Manowar I think...

Then they rose together to make a final stand
With their last bit of strength they raised their arms into the air pointing blood stained weapons to the sky
They called upon the god of war and made ready to die
But Odin would not call them this day to Valhalla...

I think you're thinking of Sons of Odin, although the lyrics are pretty different! Same subject matter, though.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

We should really be drawing the souls to us. Let them know they are safe with us. If we leave them, they will probably be destroyed, and it is a merciful thing to help guide them.

ALogo
May 9, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

We should really be drawing the souls to us. Let them know they are safe with us. If we leave them, they will probably be destroyed, and it is a merciful thing to help guide them.

Is it? Mercy is kind of Ishamal's thing, and he told Enkidel unambiguously not to gently caress with souls.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

stevey666 posted:

How fast can we throw diog? The average person can throw like 50mph? Can we throw a metal coin at 5000 mph? Range doesnt matter if we can throw a handful of metal items at 5000 mph as we are a human railgun.
You do not know exactly how fast.

Fast. Like, really fast.

Like, as fast as a man who could crush a brick to dust with his bare hands, fast. Fast enough to turn a stone thrown by you into a small fragmenation-grenade if it hits something hard enough to shatter it(which it is not likely to) and if not, to rip off a limb or pierce a body. Your bow gives superior accuracy over longer range, however. It is a toss up at close range which is likely to do more damage, your bow has a ridiculous draw, after all.

post posted:

Diog, Do we know anything that might be useful for the other fighters from our time spent fishing or from Shushem's lessons? For example, possible vulnerable points on the sea creatures (like the location of octopus brains) using our knowledge of basic marine anatomy.
Nothing obviously comes to mind. Lobsters and crabs have weak points where their limbs connect to their bodies, maybe that? Hard to communicate to all of the men of Tanaach and those closest to you in formation have the raw strength to go right through their armor.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Tomn posted:

So, anybody else got any tunes they find inspiring or at least fitting?

I reiterate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL9zHivLBvw

"I had once believed in angels
They were everywhere I looked
A gentle hand guiding me
To give more than I took...."

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
F. E. It's weasel fish stomping day.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Diogines posted:

You tell Rimush you will come with him and his Mighty Men. He shakes his head and says "No. You have done your part by giving us warning. If you wish to help more, then stay here. I have not forgotten what happened at Ibleam, we do not know exactly what is coming, part of it may get by us.

Reading the recent updates, I have to comment - "part" of it may get by him? Good lord, we have likely ten thousand enemies here currently with no end in sight.

Have to hope maybe Rimush underestimated how big a threat the main demon would be, and couldn't tie up any of the combatants? If him and his MM are fighting a demon and thousands of troops, they're definitely going to have some casulties.

At the least, we don't appear to have any Blighty Fishmen here. So hopefully Rimush had none to deal with either.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Task Manager posted:

At the least, we don't appear to have any Blighty Fishmen here. So hopefully Rimush had none to deal with either.

Well, that might be what the leaders are. We can only tell Blighty Men from Norcs because they have a stronger Presence, and we can't sense Presences right now because we've got ten-thousand Deep Ones throwing up psychic chaff.

..Also they have zombie crabs, so those probably fill the same role.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Dammerung posted:

I think you're thinking of Sons of Odin, although the lyrics are pretty different! Same subject matter, though.

Nope, though that one has a similar bit at the end. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/manowar/glorymajestyunity.html is the one I'm thinking of.

maxhush posted:

Still wondering why we haven't gotten dual Smythos/El knuckledusters yet, especially since we can now use Powerword: Harden

Oh, and the D

That makes me think.Diog Could we harden our body at specific points to prevent weapons penetrating? I'm thinking if we can then we could use that to protect our squishy inner bits when we jump down off the wall and create an Urian power metal music video.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

UppaTree posted:

Well, that might be what the leaders are. We can only tell Blighty Men from Norcs because they have a stronger Presence, and we can't sense Presences right now because we've got ten-thousand Deep Ones throwing up psychic chaff.

..Also they have zombie crabs, so those probably fill the same role.

True that some of the fishermen might be Blighty - however, given that the zombie crabs are having limbs blow off easily, I think they're much less a threat than the Blighty Men were.

Sure, they're tough, keep chugging along with a few limbs missing, but until they knock down a wall or something I'm thinking they're just a regular (albeit tougher) troop.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 4, 2015

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Task Manager posted:

True that some of the fishermen might be Blighty - however, given that the zombie crabs are having limbs blow off easily, I think they're much less a threat than the Blighty Men were.

Sure, they're tough, keep chugging along with a few limbs missing, but until they knock down a wall or something I'm thinking they're just a regular (albeit tougher) troop.
If those walls are of a similar vintage to Ibleam's walls they ought to survive a mighty nuke going off on them.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Ouroborus posted:

If those walls are of a similar vintage to Ibleam's walls they ought to survive a mighty nuke going off on them.

The fact that they are probably blessed and will cause the first troops on top of them to (I hope) react like a slug in a salt shaker will also be nice.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Mt priorities targets would be:

- communications: anyone with a horn
- well armed stronger fish leaders
- turtles when they come in range

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Sogol posted:

Mt priorities targets would be:

- communications: anyone with a horn
- well armed stronger fish leaders
- turtles when they come in range

The poison throwers are a real danger. One houseman is strong. A houseman that can't breathe or dies to poison is... Not strong.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Right! Poison throwers. May have the advantage of bursting pods in their ranks which may also effect them. I forgot.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The problem with the poison throwers is that anyone can pick up and throw a small blowfish. We only have 300 arrows and limited time to shoot them in. Presumably the enemy can't spontaneously grow better brains to make up for all the officers we kill. Otherwise I'd agree with you.

We really should be killing them, though.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Affi posted:

The poison throwers are a real danger. One houseman is strong. A houseman that can't breathe or dies to poison is... Not strong.

The turtles absolutely have to be priority one when we can reach them, the fewer points of entry the enemies have to the city the less their numerical superiority is going to be a major factor in this battle.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

bonus hole boy posted:

The turtles absolutely have to be priority one when we can reach them, the fewer points of entry the enemies have to the city the less their numerical superiority is going to be a major factor in this battle.

well it's a good thing that we are cowering behind walls like a baby so we can live to further cower under them as we let Teenage mutant ninja turtles come too close to siege the town.

We should be like this:

Instead we are doing this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Sogol posted:

Right! Poison throwers. May have the advantage of bursting pods in their ranks which may also effect them. I forgot.

They seem to have come close enough to get into throwing range as well. We could go ballistic on them first if possible.