Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Amoeba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Case: kid gloves on Chic, forward thinking posturing on me re: Chic.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah that's a pretty good vote.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Well I guess this is one of those games where I'm wrong about literally everything all the time.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

##vote merk

I'm quite confident merk was bussing chic.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

wins32767 posted:

##vote merk

Can you show your work? I'm not exactly opposed but the man did lynch scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

True and Real posted:

Can you show your work? I'm not exactly opposed but the man did lynch scum.

I really don't care for that phrasing.

Wins even if you're right, and I don't think you are, that's not a very good case.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What about it? I've been considering merk as scum since d1 but he just lynched Chic against what I felt best about and it ended in scum dead. Needless to say I considered a bus there but I am far more hesitant to vote Merk after he was right and I was (very possibly) wrong. I'll of course reread myself but I want to see wins' reasoning anyway.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was going to attack you for fence-sitting but I thought better of it.

I reread Asiina/Pinterest and a lot of her their posts are very bad, but then a couple are okay? Her vote on Chic is fairly intense if it's a bus. I guess I need to take a lot at her casing in regards to everyone else's casing of Chic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

wins32767 posted:

##vote merk

Hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

Great case.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote Somberbrero same case as d2

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That seems a little unbelievable Ras.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
How so? You excused yourself from responding to it on d2 by saying you are sick. You appear to not be sick now. Respond to it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This is what you're going off of, right?

I will agree that my interactions with Byers look bad in hindsight but then I probably wouldn't have nightkilled him if I had that option. Honestly this thread was too much to keep up with and I couldn't really keep track of what Byers was saying.

Man did I case Chic day one and then drop her in this game or was that CS:GO mafia?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

How so? You excused yourself from responding to it on d2 by saying you are sick. You appear to not be sick now. Respond to it.

I'm still sick, it sucks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chic did make a post that looked like awful distancing wrt Somber iirc

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Byers had to be night killed. He was clearly town after pointing out Chic' error.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Who plays mafia on the weekend? There was a lot of craziness happening in the Megaman game Friday too.

The argument for me is wrong so I don't feel compelled to respond to it and I acknowledge that's lame. Good luck don't lunch me!

Somberbrero posted:

I'm sick and I don't feel like moving out of this chair, much less making a case. I'm vanilla, good luck.

The rest of your posts are either tunneling yuming for her case or going back and forth with yourself on EP. Starting d3 by launching into yuming without going back is what prompted me to just bring this back up again.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I mean

True posted:

He has, at multiple points in this game, come away with interpretations that I not only disagree with but find hard to believe he'd interpret that way at all, though a number of those things were in regards to things I said so I've been assuming my initial read of him was biased.

just sounds like 'scum because wrong,' which i can't really respond to.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's only the intro about why I looked at you in the first place lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

The rest of your posts are either tunneling yuming for her case or going back and forth with yourself on EP. Starting d3 by launching into yuming without going back is what prompted me to just bring this back up again.

it seems like a natural starting point to me.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

I mean

just sounds like 'scum because wrong,' which i can't really respond to.

Ok? Ignore that sentence and read the rest of the post, wtf

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

True and Real posted:

That's only the intro about why I looked at you in the first place lol

well i already responded to why i dropped Byers.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

Ok? Ignore that sentence and read the rest of the post, wtf

I mean it's an okay case besides the conclusion. What exactly do you want me to respond to that I haven't? It's presuming of a level of effort and involvement I haven't put into this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I heard from a little bird that Yuming went nowhere last night.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm rereading some specific interactions and I think I'm wrong about yuming. Sorry yuming.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh my god.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I read your response, but I don't believe it. Including the bit about how you wouldn't NK him makes you sound like you are trying to add a little weight as to why you can't be scum rather than why you dropped your Byers case.

And yuming is not a natural starting point at all imo. You also consistently undercut your own cases with yuming anyway with lines like

Somberbrero posted:

I do take pause at her emotionality because it reads as genuine, but I'm starting to think you should never trust those reads.

I don't even think the yuming case is good but I need to find time to click more links. The way you start it is off though, focusing on how she moved her vote initially instead of the actual content. You frame the whole thing in testing the waters, which is what Diqnol pointed out in the original case about how you seem to be litmus testing than actual hunting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
You don't believe that it was hard to keep focused and stay relevant in this thread?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think it's possible but I think you just made it up.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I am still at work and I will catch up in a few hours when I am home.

Meantime I do want to double check byers posts for anything interesting (though merk's point about him looking very townie after getting chic is a good one)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Also you are 2 for 2 for picking at specific bits of cases instead of entire cases so I feel good.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think Asiina/Pinterest is scum.

Read her entire post history. The only strong points she ever makes are against Chic and she's really on-point there. It feels off in comparison to the rest of her history and doesn't match up with the frustrated image she projects.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I am still at work and I will catch up in a few hours when I am home.

Meantime I do want to double check byers posts for anything interesting (though merk's point about him looking very townie after getting chic is a good one)

Don't. Look at Chic instead.

Byers died because of the claim issue yesterday.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Don't. Look at Chic instead.

Byers died because of the claim issue yesterday.

I'll look at both, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who sees the first scum of the game flip and immediately go after the guy leading that lynch with a case that says nothing more than "bussing?"

How is that ever going to be persuasive enough to get a second vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

wins32767 posted:

##vote merk

You're kidding right? What possible reason could Merk have for pushing him scum buddy to the lynch on D2.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rascyc posted:

##vote Somberbrero same case as d2

If you look at Chic's posts she was pushing Somber pretty hard as an alternate lynch candidate. Do you really think she was doing that to a scum buddy?

Based on Chic's posting, I'm not going to vote Somber or EP. I think they're town given her focus on them.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Fiery, do you think Asiina/Pinterest bussed Chic? I'm definitely getting that vibe from Asiina's laser focus on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fiery_valkyrie posted:

If you look at Chic's posts she was pushing Somber pretty hard as an alternate lynch candidate. Do you really think she was doing that to a scum buddy?

Based on Chic's posting, I'm not going to vote Somber or EP. I think they're town given her focus on them.

You have a weird definition of hard.

• Locked thread