Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
I vote mage-game, but only if we can't use any magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

2. M get hosed fun havers
The angriest tree :(

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Ultimate Mango posted:

Diog: also requesting the Percentage % set by B in the big vote so that we know how much team HUNGER has to get to get us to break our vow of being good and not using 'magic'

:ironicat:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Diog, this is important: How adorable do the capybaras look when they groom each other?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Changing from Plan Arka to F

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Could someone please quote the current voting options?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Could someone please quote the current voting options?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=137#post441139556

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
oh fine

Change from plan Arkanomen to B

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Diogines posted:

1. Would you like to kill the rather impressively armored Fishman who just made himself a target and looks like he has some authority?

He is in the rear of the mob and a very difficult shot with your bow, but not impossible.

A. No. Keep sniping the other armored and larger fishmen while they are still in range.

B. Take several shots at him with normal arrows.
C. Try an arrow-time shot on him. Still a tough shot at this range.
D. Take up to three arrow time shots at him with normal arrows.
E. Take up to five arrow time shots at him with normal arrows.

F. Use a bronze arrow, of which you have only ever had five, the same five you brought from Baitel and used for years. They have superior range and penetrating power. You gauge a roughly 35 / 65 chance to hit him in the chest with one, the odds in favor of you missing.
G. Use a bronze arrow on him and arrow-time. It is highly likely you will hit.

H. Aim for the eyes and mouth and vulnerable looking bits if the fishmen's mount instead. A ridiculous shot but you have plenty of arrows and the only cost are other targets not slain.
I. H., but use arrow time. A tough shot.
J. H., but use a bronze arrow and arrow-time. You like the odds of nailing it in the brain and think your bronze arrow could probably piece the armor.

K. Shoot a number of normal arrows at the mount. It's armor is thick and at this range your arrows are unlikely to do any damage, but you may scare it, it's rider or tell him he is a target?

L. Something else. Fill in.

Also L: Plan Ark to Rambo the entire army solo, ostensibly to kill the enemy general but in reality more likely to just go Dynasty Warriors on everything around us as long as we can

2. You voted to bind yourself in the future to a promise to not use certain powers or experiment. The Capybaras have set the goal line at 80%. Do you wish to maintain that policy ?
M. Yes. I keep the policy. If 21% of Goons pick this, you will not use any "supernatural" abilities in this battle.

N. No. End the policy .
O. No. End the policy but ONLY for this battle.
P. No. End the policy but ONLY for this ONE vote.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Tomn posted:

As an aside, I kinda wonder how this vote is going to go if M wins, but G is the most popular option. G would be nulled out by default since it incorporates a forbidden ability, so do we end up firing an unassisted bronze arrow instead? Or do we default to what is according to an eyeball count the second-most popular option, Plan Ark? Which, I can't speak for anyone else, but as someone voting to snipe the general I would be REALLY strongly against doing that until we've at least thrown a few normal arrows the general's way.

Say, Diog, do we still feel like something terrible will happen if the well is filled?
You have had some time since you left Kavodel to think and feel.

The mere thought of [???] being gone causes you to feel as if you may vomit. Being filled has no such feeling. [???] being gone is absolutely terrible and thr thought makes you quezy and weak in the knees, im facr you just missed the last shot you took.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 4, 2015

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
I hope plan Ark and M win. It's what we deserve.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I changed my vote from six pages ago. I'm sorry brave vote counters.

I've been convinced that we were given special dispensation, that we can use our powers as we judge appropriate to defend this city and its people. I changed my vote to GO because I think we should fight in tandem with Eliahba for now, and that we are doing good work by sniping the greater fish.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
GO

I really want to use arrow time, but if that isn't allowed then I guess I would rather shoot 5 arrows at him. Not really sure how to vote that.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

a cat irl posted:

This vote ain't nothin but a G thang

One bronze arrow through this sucker for now, but we really should save both our [???] and the bronze arrows for the turts.

quoting myself to add

2. O to my vote.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

HN

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Diogines posted:

Plan Arkanomen is ludicrously dangerous. I am not going to say precisely how dangerous, just, ludicrously. If you think it is a good idea you either:
A. Want to die OR
B. Earnestly believe that you have underestimated your abilities and overestimated the foe in previous assessments of both OR
C. Believe that the creator of the universe and/or Melachim will divinely intervene.

The Capybaras are tired of giving descriptions of your capabilities, albeit not always detailed ones and them then being entirely ignored, forcing them to respond to a series of questions where they repeat the information again. The Cabyaras are requesting that you please jump off the wall and charge an army on your own so they don't have to answer ANY questions ever again and can go back to swimming lazily and grooming each other.

Pusssyyyyyy.

Fact: We're strong as gently caress
Fact: We're impulsive as gently caress
Fact: We're pretty riled up
Fact: Fishmen are pussies

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Grizzwold posted:

Yeah, but they'll probably kill us if we get swarmed, which I think would have the opposite effect on anyone watching.

Oh definitely, if we go under we're not getting up as a fleshy being.
But right now we've got the strength of 110 ish men of a fit build. They would have better luck trying to win a tug of war with a bulldozer.

Here's how I see it happening:

Enkidel jumps down from the wall, screaming something about El. He runs forward under cover of two shields. *PUNCH* the first shield punch goes out and the unlucky fishman gets hit with the force of a speeding truck and goes flying backwards over his fellow's heads into the army. *SLAM* the return stroke catches a fishman in the neck, merely breaking it. *CRACK* a third and forth fishman are sent flying and dead backwards and get stuck in the spikes of a fairly intact dead crab. Speaking of crabs *CRA CRACK* a double shield bash shatters the body of a ten foot crab. Its legs still kick weakly but it is unable to move or fight anymore. A spear thrust to Enkidel's face is guided aside by a shield into a nearby lobstrosity and the spearfishman gets punted a few hundred meters for his troubles"

I imagine if we start beating the poo poo out of them with shields the living ones will retreat. They are smart enough to use tools and they don't seem too keen to die so a ten foot tall avatar of death who can punch them into tomorrow among their ranks is going to cause panic.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ouroborus posted:

Oh definitely, if we go under we're not getting up as a fleshy being.
But right now we've got the strength of 110 ish men of a fit build. They would have better luck trying to win a tug of war with a bulldozer.

Strength is not toughness. We still die to a spear in the gut like anyone else.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I took the fact that we could vote G/M as evidence it was possible to accomplish G/M, along with having been given very specific information. I see that has been corrected.

Vote Change

G/O

I am voting O because of the way I understand the percentage thing to work I don't see significant difference between O and P. And if I have that wrong (likely) I don't want to vote about this over and over again anyway.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Diogines posted:

The mere thought of [???] being gone causes you to eant to vomit. Being filled has no such feeling. [???] being gone is absolutely terrible and thr thought makes you quezy and weak in the knees, im facr you just missed the last shot you tool.

It took me a moment to realize that this was Diog making a typo instead of his being frustrated and impatient with Enkidel.

Probably.

:(

Weird, though. Diog, was it a typo earlier when you mentioned that it felt like something bad would happen if the meter filled? If not, I wonder what caused filling to feel like it would be such a catastrophe earlier? Opening up "scars" from our modifications, which have healed over time?

Also, Diog, do we still feel like we're at 158/160?

Ouroborus posted:

I imagine if we start beating the poo poo out of them with shields the living ones will retreat. They are smart enough to use tools and they don't seem too keen to die so a ten foot tall avatar of death who can punch them into tomorrow among their ranks is going to cause panic.

If that was all it takes to win a battle, Elihaba would be down there punching already.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Apologies, vote counters! It's definitely been a hectic one.

1 B: At the very least, we can put some pressure on him!
2 M: A promise is a promise, after all.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Pusssyyyyyy.

Haha. You tell those freaking women bro. *Slams full can of Natty Light into forehead, dies from brain trauma.*

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tomn posted:

Weird, though. Diog, was it a typo earlier when you mentioned that it felt like something bad would happen if the meter filled? If not, I wonder what caused filling to feel like it would be such a catastrophe earlier? Opening up "scars" from our modifications, which have healed over time?

Noooooo, don't ask that! Just thinking about it caused at least 4 typos. Thinking about this question causes either Og or Diog to start having a stroke, so don't ask.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

I'm going to keep reiterating this because its important: you seem to be forgetting that if ??? goes up much further, terrible things will happen.

No, if we use it all we'll have bad things happen.

Diogines posted:

The mere thought of [???] being gone causes you to eant to vomit. Being filled has no such feeling. [???] being gone is absolutely terrible and thr thought makes you quezy and weak in the knees, im facr you just missed the last shot you tool.

Tomn posted:

If that was all it takes to win a battle, Elihaba would be down there punching already.
Possibly, or maybe that isn't how they do things in Tanaach? These guys are big on tradition... Tudiyah would charge their poo poo down but maybe Rimrush rolls differently normally. The fact that when he went to meet the storm he specifically said letting them come to the city could get people killed suggests that Tanaach usually just lets the fish men come to them and die on the walls.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
1J
2O

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
G
N

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. Arkanomen

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Pusssyyyyyy.

Us being strong has never been the issue though????? It's always been about our toughness and even with the boost, wading into a sea of death is stupid as gently caress.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Ouroborus posted:

Possibly, or maybe that isn't how they do things in Tanaach? These guys are big on tradition... Tudiyah would charge their poo poo down but maybe Rimrush rolls differently normally. The fact that when he went to meet the storm he specifically said letting them come to the city could get people killed suggests that Tanaach usually just lets the fish men come to them and die on the walls.

The fact that Rimush went charging over the horizon with most of his Mighty Men to meet the demon in the field suggests that, yes, the basic Tanaachan battle plan can also be summed up in one word that rhymes with "barge." It's just that they prefer to take kings with them when they do that - i.e., the people SPECIFICALLY powerful enough to wipe armies single-handedly anyways. Which we aren't. No kings, no dumb charges - that's when the walls get used.

Edit: Or put it this way - so far, trying to make their way up the walls has bought nothing but death, but they're still pretty game to try what they can. Don't think we'll be much more impressive once the initial shock wears off.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

GO GO GO

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

The mere thought of [???] being gone causes you to feel as if you may vomit. Being filled has no such feeling. [???] being gone is absolutely terrible and thr thought makes you quezy and weak in the knees, im facr you just missed the last shot you tool.

Quoted and bolded for truth. GM confirms that we are all tools.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Plan Ark

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Pusssyyyyyy.

2 through 4 is true.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Quoted and bolded for truth. GM confirms that we are all tools.

Tool = took. Fixed.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

Tomn posted:

The fact that Rimush went charging over the horizon with most of his Mighty Men to meet the demon in the field suggests that, yes, the basic Tanaachan battle plan can also be summed up in one word that rhymes with "barge." It's just that they prefer to take kings with them when they do that - i.e., the people SPECIFICALLY powerful enough to wipe armies single-handedly anyways. Which we aren't. No kings, no dumb charges - that's when the walls get used.

Possibly true but then why would he mention that fighting at the city was a bad idea? If that wasn't his usual plan it would never occur to him to say why he couldn't do it.

Angela Christine posted:

Strength is not toughness. We still die to a spear in the gut like anyone else.

I did say if we go under we're not getting up a fleshy being... because we'll be dead. However it'll take more than a simple lovely spear to get through our armour. We're not 'flash' levels of speed and reaction time but we'd be vs a bunch of enemies that Diog just confirmed are a bunch of pussies.

Ouroborus fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 4, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Diogines posted:

If we are just a little patient here and figure out how to deal with those siege turtles we are going to win this battle guys. You all might have missed this, but...

You resume your reign of terror and take down twenty six more armored or as least large and more impressive looking fishmen. Their numbers are vast and the lightning and thunder steadily growing less and less frequent.
We're winning. Us AND Rimush.

Ouroborus posted:

Possibly true but then why would he mention that fighting at the city was a bad idea? If that wasn't his usual plan it would never occur to him to say why he couldn't do it.
He left to fight the baddie. We are here to keep them from getting in the city. It's that simple.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 4, 2015

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

Changing vote to GO

I didn't think I would have to change my spitevote to let everyone die, because I thought it was obvious we were allowed to use our powers, given the wording of our powerup. However, goons have managed to surprise me yet again. Zepath is going to be overrun, Kavodel is probably gone, and we are probably the difference between Tanaach surviving or dying. But we can't use our powers.

If M wins, and we survive, I am most definitely going to find a way to specifically mention this incident to Ish.

"But I've followed your orders to the letter! I didn't use any powers whatsoever, even when empowered by the Melachim, while watching women and children be torn apart by fishmen in the middle of Tannach's fall! Surely that means my control has grown!"

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

2. O

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Ouroborus posted:

Because the vision we saw was of something so big it caused the earth to shake. As the superhero Mayor of Tokyo, would you rather hold a wrestling match with Godzilla in downtown Tokyo or some uninhabited plains? Remember, too, that Tudiya's own modus operandi was to march just outside the city, well within sight of it, to challenge the bad guys. He wasn't rushing out into the far unknown, just getting a little breathing room to charge in.

As an aside, something to remember: Ibleam keeps getting bought up as an example of where faith allowed the impossible, even the suicidal, to happen. And it's true Ibleam looked impossible and suicidal...but it WASN'T just that.

Ibleam was also an act of high compassion and righteousness. It was fighting to defend those who had no other way to defend themselves, throwing away our lives for a chance at preserving theirs at a time when they could count on nobody and nothing else to save them from certain doom. It was, in short, almost unquestionably a morally good deed - such as is looked on with favor by El.

What good deed do we serve by charging into the army? What cause of righteousness do we serve any better compared to staying on the walls? What compassion is being excited by our going Rambo? It may be badass, but badass is all it is - it is not likely to be looked upon with quite as much favor as saving the innocents of Ibleam did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

JT Jag posted:

We're winning. Us AND Rimush.
He left to fight the baddie. We are here to keep them from getting in the city. It's that simple.

you know what else that could mean?

Rimush is dying