Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got a solid start on Echoes today. Such a good game even if it pales mightily in comparison to Prime. Closing in on the first new beam and I hope to finish it by the end of the weekend. I won't be going for 100% because I don't know the game as well as 1 or 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You should 100% Echoes eventually because almost all of the pickups have an awesome puzzle guarding them. That's one of the big reasons I like it more.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyu5OaynGFU

i like both versions of this but i like the beta one more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You should 100% Echoes eventually because almost all of the pickups have an awesome puzzle guarding them. That's one of the big reasons I like it more.

Oh I have 100% it before. When trilogy first came out I got 100% items at least 2 times in each game, and 100% scans at least once. I have probably beaten echoes like 3 times, but I've beaten 1 probably ten times.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also 100% the games as they were coming out, and did everything in Corruption on all difficulties. Addicted to 'troid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I missed a chance to quote one of the people complaining about the trilogy and say "this guy has troid rage" so pretend I did that.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp9VFU62YlU Oh man what is this nonsense.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think Samus is better off without sonic's homing attack

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Sonic suffers for not having a plasma beam, though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You're right, but I wonder why it was ever in as a thing. The screw attack was definitely a modification of the morph ball, so I think they're related.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

i fought the giant fish boss and the grapple boss. they're pretty lovely. lot of kinda lovely bosses in prime 2.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

the prime series doesn't really have particularly fun bosses. there's a shitload of them tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

prime 2 has some of the best and worst bosses in the series

prime 3 overall has really amazing bosses though, especially the seed guardians. lost my poo poo when i saw omega ridley

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Giant fish and Grapple Guardian had been blocked from my memory. They are the worst two in the series, I think.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

conceitedguy posted:

the prime series doesn't really have particularly fun bosses. there's a shitload of them tho

bosses are bad in all metroid games

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
it sucks rear end, op

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

the second fight with dark samus in sanctuary is pretty loving badass

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I like a lot of Metroid bosses.

Super Metroid Randomizer has made the SM ones real weird though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I like being meticulous and having too many upgrades for a boss and obliterating it in seconds

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

metroid prime 2 has amazing bosses.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

that would be friggin awesome to use.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I hate waggle so much. I played the first prime as a kid on gamecube and loved it, but I cannot for the life of me play the trilogy without my right arm cramping up in under five minutes from the motion controls, even with advanced controls on. Why are my limbs so retarded

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't remember how far I got in prime 2 but I doubt it was much further than the boost guardian.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

conceitedguy posted:

i fought the giant fish boss and the grapple boss. they're pretty lovely. lot of kinda lovely bosses in prime 2.

The grapple boss is really bad but I like the rest of the Prime 2 bosses a lot.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Boost Guardian is something a lot of people hate but I really like it once you understand how it works.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://youtu.be/HH5j_qIOrZ4?t=30m52s

ha ha.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fuligin posted:

I hate waggle so much. I played the first prime as a kid on gamecube and loved it, but I cannot for the life of me play the trilogy without my right arm cramping up in under five minutes from the motion controls, even with advanced controls on. Why are my limbs so retarded

Why are you holding your arm up instead of resting it comfortably in your lap or on the couch?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

i love these kinds of things

i had a code breaker for boktai 2 just so i could see what all you could make go wrong if you had stuff early

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

owned

e: jfc was the powerbomb designed to deal 5 million damage to anything that didn't deliberately resist it

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 5, 2015

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZmCp7NocMA

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'd forgotten how much i love the first dark samus fight cutscene

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

i'd forgotten how much i love the first dark samus fight cutscene

one of the beauties of no VA is how awesome scenes like that are

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i got the grappling hook, and the x-ray visor. done playing tonight, but tomorrow, i will explore the hell out of phendrana and magmoor with the grapple beam

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I don't know if it's because it's my first time through, but mp2 is much harder than the other two.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

No Such Thing posted:

I don't know if it's because it's my first time through, but mp2 is much harder than the other two.

It's definitely the hardest of the three. In terms of difficulty I'd say 2 > 1 > 3.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

that's because it is.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

It's definitely the hardest of the three. In terms of difficulty I'd say 2 > 1 > 3.

I don't know if I'm fighting them wrong or what, but the not-Sheegoths in the bog are tearing my poo poo apart. They hit hard, take a long time to kill, usually come in multiples, and get dropped in ridiculous places like underwater hallways where you can't strafe or even get around them.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Their hitboxes are hosed.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

No Such Thing posted:

I don't know if I'm fighting them wrong or what, but the not-Sheegoths in the bog are tearing my poo poo apart. They hit hard, take a long time to kill, usually come in multiples, and get dropped in ridiculous places like underwater hallways where you can't strafe or even get around them.

I don't remember the best way to take them down but they're definitely the most annoying enemy in the bog. Can you just charged dark beam -> missile them like you can for some of the other pain in the rear end enemies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

2 is the hardest but 3 is definitely harder than 1. poo poo is actually designed to kill you in 3.

in 1 the enemies literally dont know what to do if you just jump over everything. the final boss will not be able to touch you if you just tap b. don't bother side dashing

• Locked thread