Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

leica posted:

One of the reasons I got of doing photography for a living right there. Also I got tired of carrying my camera everywhere and not actually enjoying the moment instead of constantly looking through the lens.

Hell, I don't even do it for a living. I shoot for a hobby because I enjoy taking photos, I actively try to avoid doing paid gigs. I always feel incredibly pressured to produce amazing photos on paid shoots when in all honesty I consider most of my good shots to be more luck than anything. I know i'm a decent, talented photographer and I could probably easily make a living off this stuff, I just don't really want to. I don't mind carrying my gear when I'm going out driving or just going to hang out somewhere, but gently caress bringing it to a party where my entire goal is to hang out, smoke, and chill with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If any of you like Kerbal Space Program, check out Besiege on Steam. $7 for a ridiculous siege machine making game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUnjxftU6r0

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 6, 2015

T-Square
May 14, 2009

^^^:hfive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srjxT5UI47s

:aaaaa:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

T1g4h posted:

Hell, I don't even do it for a living. I shoot for a hobby because I enjoy taking photos, I actively try to avoid doing paid gigs. I always feel incredibly pressured to produce amazing photos on paid shoots when in all honesty I consider most of my good shots to be more luck than anything. I know i'm a decent, talented photographer and I could probably easily make a living off this stuff, I just don't really want to. I don't mind carrying my gear when I'm going out driving or just going to hang out somewhere, but gently caress bringing it to a party where my entire goal is to hang out, smoke, and chill with friends.

Yeah it sucks once everyone finds out you're a good photographer, it's like owning a truck and having to help people move all the time.

Don't ever do it for a living unless you're a shameless self promoter and a shrewd business person otherwise it's not even worth it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
or just make a portfolio full of macro taint photos

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

CornHolio posted:

My god, yes. One of my best friends had a baby in December, and oh my god watching her get hit with PPD was insane. She was already a very high-anxiety person and prone to bouts of depression, but it hit her like a metric ton of bricks. And she has very little in terms of local support since she just moved last year.

It didn't help that her milk didn't come in pretty much at all, and that made her feel like a failure of a parent (she's a health nut and breastfeeding was super-important to her). In her mind, whenever she was giving him formula, she was poisoning him or at the least handicapping him from what he could have been. It's a difficult thing to talk reason into somebody going through that.

Also this. We were in a small two-bedroom apartment for awhile. The crib was in our bedroom and our older child's bedroom was mostly a toy/play room and she slept in our bed. It took goddamn forever to get her out of our room. And even now she sleeps with her light and her TV on because she's terrified of the dark.

My partner ended up locked up in a ward for 3 months after I had to get her carted off in an ambulance. That was fun.
We live in a 2 bd house with the kid in our room still. Other room has a busted door handle and is full of stuff we have nowhere to put (Bookshelves, a huge wardrode my partner doesn't want to get rid of because it was her grandmothers, boxes of business records, my desktop PC, audio stuff* etc). Can't put any of it in the lounge room because the kid will destroy it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

leica posted:

Yeah it sucks once everyone finds out you're a good photographer, it's like owning a truck and having to help people move all the time.

Don't ever do it for a living unless you're a shameless self promoter and a shrewd business person otherwise it's not even worth it.

I just tell people i'm really not that great, I figure eventually I can convince them to leave me be :v:

Came here to post this, Besiege fuckin owns and you can make some creative machines.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
My friend is getting ready to buy a new car. The first place he wanted to go was a KIA dealership to look at a Kia Soul. :smith:

I am doing my best to convince him otherwise.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
tell him it looks like the retarded love child of these:

Front:

Back:

I don't know what the hell Kia was thinking but those tail lights are a crime.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Congrats angryhampster! Lots o dads up in this business. The book suggested for us was baby-wise and was great on our first kid. Second kid is harder because first kid throws off his schedule.

I never would endorse it, but you need to wander into gbs and look at the Taylor Swift thread. Something amazing is happening if you loved days of gibbis gone by. A friend alerted me of it.
Edit: :boom:

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 6, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Korwen posted:

It's getting more expensive to live here too. It's all relative, I know, but rent and houses are going up here, and as a prospective home buyer I'm not terribly excited about paying $250k for something that I would have paid $190 for a couple years ago, and would cost me $135k in Dallas/Houston. Rent here is probably $800 or so for a 1BR apartment on the outskirts of Austin proper, far more if you're talking in a trendy neighborhood. Once again I know people from more dense cities like SF or NYC could scoff at that, but coming from Dallas it was quite the shock.

DFW's housing has shot way up as well. My last apartment was $650/month (in 2010) - it now rents for almost $800, according to their website. It's a 600 sq ft built in 1984, though they've put new appliances in every unit.

$130k will get you a small house from the 70s in rough shape now, unless you go way out to, say, Anna or Prosper, where 130k will get you a brand new starter home - even Little Elm has really blown up (still affordable there, but you're pretty far removed from any highways except for 380). I remember when you could get on 75 and it was just nothing between Allen and McKinney, now it's pretty much nonstop suburbia until you're north of McKinney.

T1g4h posted:

I pretty much always have my camera with me, but I don't bother bringing out my lighting, stands, or even a tripod unless I have something in particular planned. I don't think I've even used either of my flashes in well over a year.

I consider myself decent for an amatuer, but I could never do it for a living unless it was stuff like shooting property photos. And then I'd need an expensive wide angle lens.

Terrible Robot posted:

I accidentally murdered an emergency exit light earlier. Got a work order to replace a non-op light, brought along a brand new one and hooked it up the same as the old one. 30 seconds later there is a pop and all the magic smoke is released and the new light switches to battery power. At which point I realize that the emergency lights in this building must operate on 277V instead of 120V, and whoever hooked up the old light hadn't hooked it up right and had fried the old one immediately as well and then didn't notice (or more likely, didn't give a gently caress).

That's what I get for assuming the original install was correct, I guess. :sigh:

Doesn't 208/277 use different wire colors?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

kastein posted:

tell him it looks like the retarded love child of these:

Front:

Back:

I don't know what the hell Kia was thinking but those tail lights are a crime.

Wish I could. He's a big Star Wars fan so he may like the first one. I'm trying to steer him into a Mazda 3, Honda Civic, or Subaru Impreza. He would prefer to get a manual transmission and all of those cars have them.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

some texas redneck posted:

Doesn't 208/277 use different wire colors?

The light itself uses different wire colors (black for 120, red for 277), but the building wires were standard black and white with no tagging or anything mentioning the different voltage, and since whoever had installed the old light had hosed up and installed their light black to black I just did the same thing with the new one, assuming that the fault was with the old light and not with the install itself. Until the pop and familiar burning smell.

It was just one more reminder of how completely incompetent my predecessor was. I find poo poo like that on an almost daily basis.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I REALLY need to clean and organize my garage but it's currently 15 degrees in there :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Devyl posted:

I REALLY need to clean and organize my garage but it's currently 15 degrees in there :(

I'm having my garage insulated right now.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm stuck out of town and just got new springs delivered for my RRC. Just 1" lift, I didn't go to radical on this truck.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

CommieGIR posted:

Heat is even better. You're never going to be able to trap all the cold in there.

A friend had open heart surgery on Tuesday and we ended up with their dogs today. One is so loving dumb that he has to be on a leash while peeing or he will get lost on his own back porch. gently caress miniature poodles.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Terrible Robot posted:

The light itself uses different wire colors (black for 120, red for 277), but the building wires were standard black and white with no tagging or anything mentioning the different voltage, and since whoever had installed the old light had hosed up and installed their light black to black I just did the same thing with the new one, assuming that the fault was with the old light and not with the install itself. Until the pop and familiar burning smell.

It was just one more reminder of how completely incompetent my predecessor was. I find poo poo like that on an almost daily basis.

It's always possible you got a bad unit....

(it wasn't a bad unit :v: )

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

mariooncrack posted:

Wish I could. He's a big Star Wars fan so he may like the first one. I'm trying to steer him into a Mazda 3, Honda Civic, or Subaru Impreza. He would prefer to get a manual transmission and all of those cars have them.

Don't forget the Focus or Fiesta. Fiesta ST or Ecoboost if you can, both are manual only (depending on whether or not sporty or economy is more important).

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

It's always possible you got a bad unit....

(it wasn't a bad unit :v: )

The next unit I installed I hooked it up the right way and whatcha know, it worked fine!

One of the other emergency exit lights I need to fix is just missing its backup battery entirely because the guy before me couldn't be arsed to order more. I suspect I'll find more fun poo poo like this as I work through my list...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

HotCanadianChick posted:

Don't forget the Focus or Fiesta. Fiesta ST or Ecoboost if you can, both are manual only (depending on whether or not sporty or economy is more important).

Unfortunately, Fiesta might be too small. Focus ST's are supposedly ridiculously cheap so I've been suggesting those too. Has anyone driven a new manual Focus? I drove an automatic one months ago and I thought it lacked power. I felt like I really had to hit the gas to keep up with traffic around town and I didn't feel comfortable taking it on the highway.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody that complains about a new focus being unsafe on the highway needs to grow a loving pair and learn how to merge because I do god damned fine with 53 at the fuckin crank

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

mariooncrack posted:

Unfortunately, Fiesta might be too small. Focus ST's are supposedly ridiculously cheap so I've been suggesting those too. Has anyone driven a new manual Focus? I drove an automatic one months ago and I thought it lacked power. I felt like I really had to hit the gas to keep up with traffic around town and I didn't feel comfortable taking it on the highway.

I test drove a manual'15 a few weeks ago, and it was great. Felt really speedy and had great acceleration. Shifted super smooth too.
'Course, I'm used to driving big, slow, heavy SUV's, so I'm not a great metric for that sort of stuff.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

That stuff is pretty good, but I found out it's made at a big distillery in Indiana like a bunch of other "craft" whiskey. Last bottle I bought was buffalo trace and I'll probably try the eagle rare next time.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I dont care who brewss it asling as it feels so good inside me

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I've been daily driving a 3200lb Forester with like 120hp (lower compression than stock due to the EJ251 cylinder heads), 500lbs of tools and transmission parts in the trunk, plus a 200lb truck axle on the roof rack, for like two weeks.

It feels like a god drat rocketship now that I took the axle off the roof. Can't wait to finish rebuilding the transmission and stuff and get it out of there as well.

14, your power to weight ratio was actually better than mine for a couple weeks :v:

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
I dunno, I drove a volvo 740 non turbo whilst living out of it. complete with cylinder heads coked up to the point where it would ping like mad on anything below 98. In unladen state i got beaten in a drag race by both my dads vw van and my mates ke20 which had 2 year old e10 in the tank.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
When I first got my Volvo 242, it had a 400k mile NA motor with a tired 3 speed auto.

I got beat by a ratty NA 1.6 Miata...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oh godfuckingdamnit. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Verizon is selling off all of their wireline operations in California, Texas, and Florida (including FiOS)..... to Frontier. The same company I used to work for, where I caught a ton of cramming going on at least one call a day. The same company that still refuses to allow over 35mbit on the FiOS lines they bought nearly a decade ago, even though they have the equipment and backbone to handle better speeds. The same company where I was expected to sell SOMETHING to at least 10% of my calls just to keep my job. The same company that would have daily outages in massive parts of their territory.

This can only end well.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The cable company here promised 3 years ago to have 250mbit everywhere, and no data caps. A couple weeks ago they dropped their highest tier plan from 100mbps to 60mbps, and over the years have introduced a data cap, and slowly lowered it from 1tb down to 400gb.

And that's $90 a month for internet alone.

Their only competitor in the city is $93 for the exact same thing.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

T1g4h posted:

Ball Python? I used to have a few growing up, they're incredibly awesome and super friendly. Mine would curl around my arm and just chill, they were the best pets :3:

Yep. When I went to first hold him he wrapped around my watch and just chilled on my arm :3

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Oh godfuckingdamnit. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Verizon is selling off all of their wireline operations in California, Texas, and Florida (including FiOS)..... to Frontier. The same company I used to work for, where I caught a ton of cramming going on at least one call a day. The same company that still refuses to allow over 35mbit on the FiOS lines they bought nearly a decade ago, even though they have the equipment and backbone to handle better speeds. The same company where I was expected to sell SOMETHING to at least 10% of my calls just to keep my job. The same company that would have daily outages in massive parts of their territory.

This can only end well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CommieGIR posted:

If any of you like Kerbal Space Program, check out Besiege on Steam. $7 for a ridiculous siege machine making game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUnjxftU6r0
Been thinking about picking this up since I started seeing Gifs of it popping up everywhere, looks pretty great. May break in and buy it this weekend.

CommieGIR posted:

Such a luxury and I'll never own a place without an insulated garage again. It's 13F outside right now, I'm in the garage right now and it's ~40F. Not warm but not freezing and comfortable in the insulated carhartt suit or when working out. Have the space heater out here now so when I'm out here all day I'll be toasty.

mafoose posted:

When I first got my Volvo 242, it had a 400k mile NA motor with a tired 3 speed auto.
I got beat by a ratty NA 1.6 Miata...
VW Caddy 1.4L non-turbo diesel is the slowest car I've owned. Around 2000lb with 40hp (when new). Then add 600lb of motorcycle and track day gear and that is one slow loving truck. Day I bought it (after sitting in some guys yard for years) we turned onto a downhill on-ramp at 15mph, we hit 65mph 60 seconds later laughing like idiots.

Today is a garage day!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I haven't paid for the last 2 speed increases on my cable internet, they've been complementary.

Never had any issues that weren't fixed when a tech came over either. Guess we're the outlier with Cox.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

mafoose posted:

I haven't paid for the last 2 speed increases on my cable internet, they've been complementary.

Never had any issues that weren't fixed when a tech came over either. Guess we're the outlier with Cox.

So you'd say on the whole, Cox are pretty good? Would you say you... Love Cox?

I'll get my coat.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

My broadband ISPs over the years have been SBC DSL, AT&T DSL, @Home cable, Verizon DSL, Charter cable, and Time Warner cable. Plus of course Verizon FiOS.

Verizon FiOS has been the best by far in every way except price, they're expensive as gently caress. Fantastic customer service if you get their in-house call centers (outsourced/overflow is hit and miss), so I usually just send a PM to VerizonSupport on Twitter when I have issues - they set up a chat and my issue gets fixed within a few minutes. @Home was the 2nd best, though we had fairly frequent, but short, outages (several a month). Though when they went belly up, we were left without any internet or cable TV in the house for over a month. Since the owner of the house (one of my roommates) had stopped paying SBC for the landline, none of us could establish service at the house without either proof of ownership of the house or a lease showing we were renters, and the actual cable lines were completely dead until a cable company took over (I forget who it was, this was way back in 2001).

Charter was absolutely the worst - I actually had to fight with them to get a credit for the two weeks I didn't have service (downtown Denton, along with everything for about a 1.5 mile radius around it, was dead in the water on both TV and internet). Couldn't get anywhere on the phone, finally showed up in person at their Denton office, and got a credit for 1/4 of the month, and only after I threatened to cancel (I eventually got credit for a full month after involving the Texas Attorney General). The service went out several times a week the first time I lived in Denton; the second time was when I lived on campus at UNT, and the dorm's ResNet (Apogee) used Charter for their provider - it still went out several times a week (this was 7 years after the first time I lived in Denton). A traceroute would always show that the packet loss was happening on Charter's side, at their Ft. Worth CO. This would be in every dorm building, even on wifi; I'd have to go into one of the academic buildings with my laptop to get internet during outages. Or just tether to my phone, but Sprint got pretty pissy about how much bandwidth I was using (oddly, Denton had 4G WiMax long before Plano did, I could usually nail 5-8mbit if I kept my phone near the window).

Time Warner is the second worst. Not because of outages, they were pretty infrequent - but because of their customer service and tech support. It's all outsourced (I used to work for the company that did their tech support), and you absolutely cannot deviate from the script, period. I can tell them "I know your phone script, I know what you're going to tell me to do - I've already done A, B, C, D, E, F, and I've even taken the modem outside and plugged it into the DMARC, and I've tried my spare modem - all of my neighbors that I've spoken to have also told me their internet is out", and they respond with "have you power cycled the modem yet?". :fuckoff:

SBC DSL was okay. Occasional outages, though when lightning hit nearby and literally smoked my modem (along with everything that wasn't on a surge protector - every surge protector fried, and all but 1 breaker was tripped when I got home from work, including the main breaker), I called them and said "we had a lightning strike, my modem is fried, I need a new one", and they kept insisting I plug it back in. I finally agreed, and it started smoking. "Ma'am, the modem is smoking", she asked what lights were lit up. I said "none, but it's smoking pretty go*smoke alarm goes off*". She asked if the power button was on, I finally said THE loving MODEM IS SMOKING, IT'S PRETTY loving CLEAR IT'S BROKEN, HOW DO I GET A NEW MODEM?! CAN'T YOU HEAR THE SMOKE ALARM?! "Sir, calm down, what lights are lit up?" Something is glowing bright orange inside it and smoking ma'am. "Sir, i've determined that your modem is not functioning properly" (my answer was "no loving poo poo" - I try not to get snippy with call center people, I've done my share of call centers, but holy poo poo, use some loving common sense). SBC DSL outsourced to the same call center that TWC used for tech support, so I'm not surprised (when I worked there on the TWC contract, my roommate was on the SBC contract). They never would replace the modem without rolling a truck, so I finally found a used one on Craigslist. (the router was also fried, along with the onboard ethernet on my PC, but thankfully the rest of the PC was fine).

Verizon DSL... I can't say one way or the other. The phone lines in the building were hosed, so I couldn't even get sync for more than about 30 seconds at a time. Same with AT&T DSL; I had a landline at the same time, and it had audible static. AT&T came out and switched me to a new pair, still static, and the apartment management wouldn't let AT&T pull new wire to my unit (it was on the other side of the building from the DMARC, and would have had to be run outside the building). Verizon let me out of the contract easily once they came out and verified it was wiring inside (and same story there, management wouldn't let them run new wire). AT&T was a bag of dicks about letting me out of the contract, and I only recently stopped getting collection calls about the ETF. An ETF for service I couldn't ever use...

The house I'm in now had GTE DSL (later Verizon DSL), and the parents had no complaints.

Also, Verizon's matching upload/download speeds on FiOS have been awesome. Particularly for when I stream movies from my home PC to my phone via Plex (I pull about ~50mbit consistently on my phone over LTE at work, and I've nailed over 100mbit in some areas, so when I'm on break I'll watch stuff Windows Media Center's DVR has recorded, in full 1080p glory). It was a free upgrade from 25/25 to 50/50, then I got 75/75 with HBO for $10/month for a year (and knocked it back down to 50/50 + removed HBO once the promo expired - 75/75 + HBO is normally an extra $45/mo). Verizon is pretty forgiving if you try to break a contract once you're past the initial 14 days too - as long as you maintain some form of verizon service, even if it's just a copper landline with limited usage and no options, the contract is satisfied. Depending how far into it you are, it can be cheaper to just keep the most basic landline for a bit instead of paying an ETF (the ETF decreases every month).

The last tech to come out was from Time Warner. He cut Verizon's fiber at the fiber terminal on the house, ripped their fiber out of the conduit, and pulled new coax through it (the house had new coax pulled to it 2 years prior by another tech - this tech actually dug up the corner of the yard where the conduit turned, cut it, and connected the new coax to the existing coax). The look on the Verizon installer's face was... well, "angry" doesn't come close to describing it. He assured me multiple times that TWC would be "fined out the rear end so bad that their CEO won't be able to poo poo for a month". They ran a temporary fiber across the alley (suspended by my fence and a few other fences, and hoping no bro trucks with mad smoke stacks happened to drive through) and wound up having to dig up part of the (concrete paved) alley to lay new conduit - the exact same thing they did when they rolled out fiber in this neighborhood 14 years ago. The tech told me TWC would be footing the bill, and it'd be at least 6 figures between FCC fines and the work, especially since they had to have someone update the company that marks utilities (they still labeled the cable as fiber when they came out to mark before the digging happened).

Sorry. Just thinking about all of that got me incredibly angry.

Pham Nuwen posted:

So you'd say on the whole, Cox are pretty good? Would you say you... Love Cox?

I'll get my coat.

I know it's not directed at me, but... whatcha doin this weekend? :forkbomb: And you won't need a coat 'round these parts, darlin.

(I just creeped myself out a bit...)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 6, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

mariooncrack posted:

...come to the UK, we have all sorts of tiny cars with no power and they all at some point end up on a motorway doing 70+mph. You'll soon get used to it. On occasion I steal my mum's 1.2 Corsa and that thing is utterly gutless and you need to rev the gently caress out of it for it to actually move. Overtaking on the motorway requires a mixture of space and ESP to predict what everyone within half a mile around you is going to do.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a better driver.

I cycle to work during the week because it's faster than any other mode of transport and keeps me from becoming a completely lazy sack of poo poo and there's certain small cars that it appears have zero power at all.

Peugeot 107. On average I get 1-2 a week pull out on me and go nowhere fast. They come with either a 1l petrol of a 1.4l diesel and the petrol has absolutely no pull to it whatsoever. And it's one of these I'll end up crashing into and flying over the roof of at some point in the future probably.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I never would endorse it, but you need to wander into gbs and look at the Taylor Swift thread. Something amazing is happening if you loved days of gibbis gone by. A friend alerted me of it.
Edit: :boom:

That thread is legitimatly incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Does it not say Taylor Swift in the title or do I just not see it?

• Locked thread