Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Oh, man... I've just noticed there's a tweening tool in Photoshop, now I feel like an idiot, I've just been doing any necessary movement frame-by-frame! :doh: I'm still new to the gif game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

beato posted:

Oh, man... I've just noticed there's a tweening tool in Photoshop, now I feel like an idiot, I've just been doing any necessary movement frame-by-frame! :doh: I'm still new to the gif game.

The newer Photoshops are surprisingly gif-friendly.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Now we need someone to animate :boom: falling over backwards :vince: style after the completion of "the chop".

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
gently caress guys. I don't know really anything about video editing. I have a chroma key on T Swifts layer but it still has some sort of green outline. Anyone willing to explain how maybe I could have that disappear or at least make an inner stroke of the same size in black and cover it? Premiere CS6

Hopefully you see what I'm talking about.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.

Crazyeyes posted:

It's very good so don't call it poo poo. In T.Swift there is only glory.

Thanks, it was mostly frustration speaking. I'm pretty happy with the final result, but I had to start over from scratch a couple of times, and figure out some things I'd not done before (like merging two gifs and get the timing right) so I wasn't joking about taking days to make. All worth it to be a small part of a fantastic thread.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Windows 98 posted:

gently caress guys. I don't know really anything about video editing. I have a chroma key on T Swifts layer but it still has some sort of green outline. Anyone willing to explain how maybe I could have that disappear or at least make an inner stroke of the same size in black and cover it? Premiere CS6

I would do it by downloading that PSD in the OP as it hasn't got a green outline then open it up in Photoshop and then just export it as a gif then import the new gif into Premiere. It does have a slight white outline but if that bothers you, you could just use the wand tool while in Photoshop to select the white space around her then expand the selection by 1-2 pixel and hit delete, you'd need to do it for each layer but there's not that many.

edit: I've made a gif version with a neater transparent background it's not displaying right when it plays in a browser (shows all layers like some trippy 70s disco video) but each frame is normal when you open it up in an editor.
http://www.filedropper.com/taylortrans

beato fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 6, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

drat she's tall

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

beato posted:

:captainpop:

Oh lord if I could go back and redo all my submissions..

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Edit: Nevermind, found it...

Lazer Monkey fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 6, 2015

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space

This is my new favorite holy poo poo.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Lazer Monkey posted:

What version does that feature appear in?

I only know that it's in CS6, I only started making gifs last weekend so I never knew about the function in previous Photoshops.

Here's a screenie showing where to find the tool and what it does. It's pretty basic but it would still be useful.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Windows 98 posted:

The best thing about these photoshop threads is that I learn new tricks each time. This time I learned a good way to remove that white/green outline. If you go into Layer > Matting > Defringe it will remove the halo. I just did that to each frame in the original image and it made my life a lot easier for each gif made afterward.

I still use CS2.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Smoremaster posted:

The best thing about these photoshop threads is that I learn new tricks each time. This time I learned a good way to remove that white/green outline. If you go into Layer > Matting > Defringe it will remove the halo. I just did that to each frame in the original image and it made my life a lot easier for each gif made afterward.

I still use CS2.

Yeah i really need to figure out key frames or something. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time going frame by frame putting Taylor Swift heads over Hitler's face and syncing the lips moving while talking. And I'm only 2.5minutes into a 4 minute video. It's becoming a loving hassle. Funny as hell though.

PS: It's increidbly hard to make a swastika out of Taylor Swift Crotch Chops. She moves so loving much in it.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
This poo poo is great, and the emoticon is icing on the cake

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

nomadologique posted:

drat she's tall

Nah, the podium is just really short so that it picked up the important stuff.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Smoremaster posted:

This time I learned a good way to remove that white/green outline. If you go into Layer > Matting > Defringe it will remove the halo.
Gonna have to try that, thanks for the tip. :tipshat:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ok I will be taking the video down shortly because I'm not done with it and am not trying to ruin the idea for most people following along. But I thought I should upload what I have so far so I can ask for some helpful tips or maybe links to some tutorials to do this more efficiently. because there is no way that the way I am doing this is efficient and it's taking hours and hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhk0RJ6Hv-A

So that's sort of what I have and am going for. Part of the problem is that I've been doing everything frame by frame with two different clips on the timeline. Each clip I have been using is an open or closed mouth image of Taylor for the duration of when he is talking. Then I use the cutter and basically cut them up into frames nearly. Then I alternate between them by deleting every other head clip on each of the two tracks. Creating the illusion that the mouth is moving. But this also means I have to re-position and re-rotate every single frame that's going by so the head stays in sync with the actual actors head.

I have a feeling an easier way to do this would be to use one long clip on the video track. And then create key frames for each position/rotation change I need. That way it will smoothly move between them instead of being choppy. Then once both open and closed images have been mapped correctly to be smooth, cut them and alternate between the mouth open and closed. But I am not quite sure how to do this. And I also may be talking out of my rear end and not making any sense. Basically I am asking if there is an easier way to do this.

So yeah, as soon as I get a helpful answer I'll take the video down and redo it/fix it and I'll repost it when it is done. I just don't want to submit sub par poo poo and clearly there are some top notch video editors out here.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

:confuoot:

Wow now I don't feel bad about my Photoshop skills.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Tony Homo posted:

:confuoot:

Wow now I don't feel bad about my Photoshop skills.

I told you I was doing it horrible. that's why I'm asking for advice :(

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Ok I will be taking the video down shortly because I'm not done with it and am not trying to ruin the idea for most people following along. But I thought I should upload what I have so far so I can ask for some helpful tips or maybe links to some tutorials to do this more efficiently. because there is no way that the way I am doing this is efficient and it's taking hours and hours.

So that's sort of what I have and am going for. Part of the problem is that I've been doing everything frame by frame with two different clips on the timeline. Each clip I have been using is an open or closed mouth image of Taylor for the duration of when he is talking. Then I use the cutter and basically cut them up into frames nearly. Then I alternate between them by deleting every other head clip on each of the two tracks. Creating the illusion that the mouth is moving. But this also means I have to re-position and re-rotate every single frame that's going by so the head stays in sync with the actual actors head.

I have a feeling an easier way to do this would be to use one long clip on the video track. And then create key frames for each position/rotation change I need. That way it will smoothly move between them instead of being choppy. Then once both open and closed images have been mapped correctly to be smooth, cut them and alternate between the mouth open and closed. But I am not quite sure how to do this. And I also may be talking out of my rear end and not making any sense. Basically I am asking if there is an easier way to do this.

So yeah, as soon as I get a helpful answer I'll take the video down and redo it/fix it and I'll repost it when it is done. I just don't want to submit sub par poo poo and clearly there are some top notch video editors out here.

this is unironically my favorite

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Windows 98 posted:

I told you I was doing it horrible. that's why I'm asking for advice :(

No no. It's a beautiful thing. Keep it just the way it is.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Windows 98 posted:

Potentially the most epic gif the thread will ever see.

My gifs took about an hour or 2 at tops and that was using a similar method of doing small separate scenes frame by frame in Photoshop then adding them into the main scene in Premiere, but I was constantly looking for ways to shorten the clip to around 10-15 seconds but still retain the joke I was going for.

I honestly couldn't even imagine the amount of time you're gonna have to commit to this, remember the thread is getting Goldmined at the end of the weekend.

Also see my previous post where I've edited and uploaded the original gif without the green halo for you.

beato fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 6, 2015

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Well. I can keep going and maybe even double back and really fine tune it a bit. But like I said I'll take the video down once someone who really knows how to get it moving smoothly can give me a link to a tutorial or even explain it. It just feels so very South Park right now. After I figure that out I'll take it down until I finish the whole project and get the subtitles in and all that. Maybe leave one version as well unsubtitled just to see her yelling in German because it's funny.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

lmao

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I agree, love the Terrance and Philip mouth :v:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Ok I will be taking the video down shortly

why would you take down the best post in the thread

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Apollodorus posted:

A Swiftful of Dollars

yes, I know that's actually For a Few Dollars More + The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

High Plains Swifter

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I just watched it again drat that is funny as hell, it's perfect

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

ethanol posted:

why would you take down the best post in the thread

I still have 2 more minutes of mapping faces. I posted that clip just to ask some advice on how to get this poo poo done faster so I can get it in before the Goldmine. I don't want to ruin the whole joke for anyone who catches up late. So that's why I'd take it down. I have all day today to work on it. And then I also need to go back and make sure it's fine tuned as theres some parts where the face isn't perfectly getting covered. I just wanted some advice for now and then finish it up and add the subtitles by the end of the night. I just am really getting sick of doing this frame by frame and if there is a faster way to do it then that would be great. I guess I just really wanted to make sure I got the entire 4 minute video done before this gets gold mined due to the fact of what I have planned for the subtitles referencing the gold mine.

beato posted:

Also see my previous post where I've edited and uploaded the original gif without the green halo for you.

Oh thank god. Thankfully Premiere lets me just save the gif and replace it with the same file name and it updates so I won't have to go through again and add her.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 6, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

forums weird twitter celebrities are supposed to be tweeting these at her

unfortunately they were distracted by a passing twelve-year-old

idgi

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Windows 98 posted:

ahhahahahahhaha dont change anything

its a masterpiece

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Windows 98 posted:

Oh thank god. Thankfully Premiere lets me just save the gif and replace it with the same file name and it updates so I won't have to go through again and add her.

I thought I'd help you out the best I can and made you that Swiftika you were having trouble with.

None flag green screen version here: http://i.imgur.com/PCfiaG3.gif

edit: this is not a submission by me I dont my name next to a huge swastika on the front page lol :D

beato fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 6, 2015

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

beato posted:

I thought I'd help you out the best I can and made you that Swiftika you were having trouble with.

that is a fine swiftstika

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm not going to bog things down with that again, this is a high-efficiency thread

certainly wouldn't wanna bog it down with probatiosn

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Alan Smithee posted:

certainly wouldn't wanna bog it down with probatiosn

I'm willing to make an exception in your case

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how did they get a clean version with kelly ripa's arm in the way?

R.S. Gumby posted:

This poo poo took me days to make, but I just want to be able to say I posted in the TSwift thread.

swifty returned to her home planet

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

beato posted:

edit: this is not a submission by me I dont my name next to a huge swastika on the front page lol :D

That's some really beato swastika there man.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

I still have 2 more minutes of mapping faces. I posted that clip just to ask some advice on how to get this poo poo done faster so I can get it in before the Goldmine. I don't want to ruin the whole joke for anyone who catches up late. So that's why I'd take it down. I have all day today to work on it. And then I also need to go back and make sure it's fine tuned as theres some parts where the face isn't perfectly getting covered. I just wanted some advice for now and then finish it up and add the subtitles by the end of the night. I just am really getting sick of doing this frame by frame and if there is a faster way to do it then that would be great. I guess I just really wanted to make sure I got the entire 4 minute video done before this gets gold mined due to the fact of what I have planned for the subtitles referencing the gold mine.

I've not used it myself but are you using the latest CS? Apparently Premiere has motion tracking on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

beato posted:

:captainpop:

• Locked thread