Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Super Alfred Chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
How about Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Okami?

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
The Secret of Monkey island? :D or heaven forbid. . Crash Bandicoot?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Willo567 posted:

How about Awesome Possum Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt?

I remember this game but forgot about the stupid full title so I just looked up the ending to see if it delivers and you know what, keep doing your thing Awesome Possum

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Yume Penguin Monogatari.

Or maybe Armadillo! I hope it's Armadillo.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

They played Starfox 64...

Could have sworn he played it for a bit at the start of that episode, but I was wrong.

Robodemon
Sep 14, 2008
Come on Naughty Ducks Dream Adventures!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I have a hard time playing it these days because it looks a little ghetto, but non-joke answer? I'd actually really like to see Arino play some Quackshot.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Joke answer: Bubsy the Bobcat. Me hoping: Earthworm Jim.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Pretty much every time you respond to my "Speculation?" posts, I end up Googling the game and saying "That's actually a game?!"

They played Starfox a bit for a Nintendo Channel,so I don't know. ..

man i played the poo poo out of robocod as a kid

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

it was very surreal in a cartoony way

Gimpy Joe
Jul 25, 2004
In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A Stately Pleasure Dome Decree
Is that Super Pitfall the same one played at AGDQ 2015?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlFY3_55Il8

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Gimpy Joe posted:

Is that Super Pitfall the same one played at AGDQ 2015?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlFY3_55Il8
The one and only.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

It's obviously Earthworm Jim.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I watched the Wizards & Warriors episode and seems like neither Arino nor the staff struggled with it too much. One of the fastest completion times ever. The Japanese version must be way easier then?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

I watched the Wizards & Warriors episode and seems like neither Arino nor the staff struggled with it too much. One of the fastest completion times ever. The Japanese version must be way easier then?

Well, you remove all the enemies from a game and it becomes super easy.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Corridor posted:

it was very surreal in a cartoony way

It's also not very good and dumb as a rock

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Smoking Crow posted:

It's also not very good and dumb as a rock

I might be mistaken on this as it was a pretty drat long time ago now but I think there was a sucky SNES port, the Amiga original was pretty good especially given the relative lack of platformers on that system.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Third quickest finish, according to fans on Twitter

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

What was the previous?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

univbee posted:

Sonic The Hedgehog 2?

Kinda odd that Arino hasn't revisited the hog yet. He's got rivalries going with Mega Man and Mario, but Sonic only had that one (excellent) episode.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Potsticker posted:

What was the previous?

Ninja Spirit was the fastest, can`t recall the second off hand.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Kakaricho posted:

Wasn't it Parappa the Rapper (in 2nd place)?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Wasn't it Parappa the Rapper (in 2nd place)?

That sounds right.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Oh, right. I forgot that was a pretty quick clear.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Was it a good episode?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Paris-Dakar Rally Special really is something, isn't it? It might be a crap game but I was amused at how unabashedly absurd it gets, from Arino having his car totaled by bird droppings to what I can only assume is a full-scale American military effort to prevent a Japanese person from winning the rally.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Was it a good episode?

Lately I first watch the new episodes around 4 AM when I get up for work, and wait till I re-watch it before making up my mind if it was really good or not, but yeah, overall it was pretty good, outside of overusing the joke that Arino had to beat the 5.5 hour clear time by a female staffer "Who's only a casual gamer! "

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Are the 2 Elrond sequels just as easy as their NA counterparts? The NA versions were tough games I recall.

Edit: Never mind, the 2 sequels never made it to Japan. What is the story with this series in Japan?

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 7, 2015

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Kakaricho posted:

Lately I first watch the new episodes around 4 AM when I get up for work, and wait till I re-watch it before making up my mind if it was really good or not, but yeah, overall it was pretty good, outside of overusing the joke that Arino had to beat the 5.5 hour clear time by a female staffer "Who's only a casual gamer! "

I feel like half the joke was the fact the staff felt the need to bring that up in the first place, because he kept repeating the awkward "female staff member who usually doesn't play games" phrasing they used.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Around the end he also said something like, "Says the guy in his forties," and that combined with the fact that he came kind of close to their time made it a little better. It was sort of rubbing me the wrong way, though.

So GIRLS ONLY PLAY SMARTPHONE GAMES is a talking point 'cross the ocean, too, huh?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

joek0 posted:

Are the 2 Elrond sequels just as easy as their NA counterparts? The NA versions were tough games I recall.

Edit: Never mind, the 2 sequels never made it to Japan. What is the story with this series in Japan?

I don't know but I'm guessing it starts and ends with "Japan got the first game, it didn't sell, no-one was interested in bringing over the others".

W&W3 is especially weird and I can't imagine it would have gone down well with... anyone.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know but I'm guessing it starts and ends with "Japan got the first game, it didn't sell, no-one was interested in bringing over the others".

Actually, the US got it first. Wizards and Warriors was developed in the UK by Rare, after all.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

I feel like half the joke was the fact the staff felt the need to bring that up in the first place, because he kept repeating the awkward "female staff member who usually doesn't play games" phrasing they used.

It just felt forced to me, if they'd just mentioned it once or twice it would have been funnier.

Rochallor posted:

So GIRLS ONLY PLAY SMARTPHONE GAMES is a talking point 'cross the ocean, too, huh?

As far as I know, not really. Pretty much every kid owns a 3DS and plays Yokai Watch and/or Pokemon, male or female.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The cover for the "Choose Your Own Adventure"-style mystery book that was announced on the New Year special was released.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why is Arino a dog/have balls on his face?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Mister Chief posted:

Why is Arino a dog/have balls on his face?

He's the top dog.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Kakaricho posted:

I reviewed the episodes I remember being quick, and the top times were:

Ninja Spirit: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Parappa: 4 hours, 30 minutes
Takeshi's Castle: 5 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

As far as I know, not really. Pretty much every kid owns a 3DS and plays Yokai Watch and/or Pokemon, male or female.

I can verify this. Whenever I'm miserable enough to boot up pokemon I have around 50 Harukas from Japan playing with me at once.