Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He directed episodes last season too though, including "Pu$$y Weed", still the show's best episode imo.

Anyway it's a cliche but a bad Broad City episode is still better than most episodes of most comedies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
This is my favorite show on television. It's the show I've always wanted to see, with weird surrealness every once in awhile that most shows could do but never do do

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
It just seemed inevitable to me that a show that has its characters getting high all the time would do an episode where one of the characters was tripping balls. I was fine with it.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Just churned through all of this on OnDemand and loved it. It'll be a great post-It's Always Sunny watch.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

kefkafloyd posted:

Just churned through all of this on OnDemand and loved it. It'll be a great post-It's Always Sunny watch.

That's how I watch it. Too bad I'll never see that other show that comes on after Sunny.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rudoku posted:

That's how I watch it. Too bad I'll never see that other show that comes on after Sunny.

Are you talking about Man Seeking Woman? It's actually pretty good. Takes place in a surreal world where a 126 year old wheelchair bound Hitler is dating your ex, and you can lose your dick in a nightclub bathroom like a set of car keys

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

hcreight posted:

It just seemed inevitable to me that a show that has its characters getting high all the time would do an episode where one of the characters was tripping balls. I was fine with it.
This season so far also fits with last year's finale where Abbi said the day where she peed out a condom and hulked the gently caress out in a restaurant would forecast her entire year.

Also holy poo poo, episode 4 has both the Abbi / Jeremy date AND Ilana's mom.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Susie Essman as Ilana's mom. Wow.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Are you talking about Man Seeking Woman? It's actually pretty good. Takes place in a surreal world where a 126 year old wheelchair bound Hitler is dating your ex, and you can lose your dick in a nightclub bathroom like a set of car keys
I read a review for this and it sounds really good. It's just a drat shame that this debuted on FXX. I guess they didn't have confidence to give it even one season on FX- it would have been great on the post-Archer slot like the first season of Legit (which was also smothered in the cradle by the move to FXX. I'd be more bitter about it if the season 2 finale didn't also double as a proper send-off).

Illinois Smith posted:

Also holy poo poo, episode 4 has both the Abbi / Jeremy date AND Ilana's mom.
If one of the jokes I read from this episode is true, the date is going to go well ;)

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

TheRationalRedditor posted:

If you found this episode uncharacteristic of BC but still found a strange sense of familiarity, you're being reminded of Wondershowzen. John Lee directed the episode.

Holy poo poo. This makes so much more sense now. Also, what is Amy Poehler's hand in all of this?

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 5, 2015

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Aaaaaaaaaand there it is :pwn:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Susie Essman is perfectly cast as Ilana's mom.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Wow Ilana is...flexible.

Edit: Ilana's family is great

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 5, 2015

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Quite the family.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Jeremy's "it's a Shinjo" as he hands her the strapon was hilarious. They really wrote the character perfectly.

I really admire how subtle some of the funniest jokes are- like Ilana's work pillow and her recurring attempts to get Abbi in a 3 way, then settling for holding her drawing while she hooks up with Lincoln.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Illana is the best character in TV history.

zealott
Mar 30, 2004
That was the best half hour comedy I've ever seen.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I enjoy really supportive TV families who are all on the same page for weird poo poo. Great here and probably the same reason I love Bob's Burgers so much.

zealott
Mar 30, 2004
The best throwaway joke was the guy walking off the wheelchair after the girls walked past.

Also. This bitch is always late. Thread title.

e:spelling

zealott fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 5, 2015

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
This was hands-down one of my favorite comedy episodes ever.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I lost it every time Ilana and her mom just let loose on somebody, especially when the cops were letting them go.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Bob Balaban in my Broad City.

brb dyin happy

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I love how Ilana's exasperated workmate who despises her is suddenly really, really, into hardcore nipple play. Jeremy was amazing. Ilana's family is amazing. This show is amazing.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Ubiquitous_ posted:

This was hands-down one of my favorite comedy episodes ever.
gorgeous and tight and perfect

just like abbi's butt

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Illinois Smith posted:

gorgeous and tight and perfect

just like abbi's butt

geez, how are they not actually related??

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Please Gif Ilana's sewer pegging celebration with upside down twerking.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Was the lady who demanded tighter nipple clamps in the sex shop Ilana's co-worker?

Also I REALLY need a scene of Hannibal hanging out with the Wexlers.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 5, 2015

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Illinois Smith posted:

Was the lady who demanded tighter nipple clamps in the sex shop Ilana's co-worker?

Also I REALLY need a scene of Hannibal hanging out with the Wexlers.

Thank you. I went into this thread prepared to ask for a gif of Ilana's twerking and it turned out it was already there.

Agreeing with everyone who said this is one of the best episodes they've ever done. Ilana's mom is perfect and I hope we see more of her.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Lugaloco posted:

I love how Ilana's exasperated workmate who despises her is suddenly really, really, into hardcore nipple play. Jeremy was amazing. Ilana's family is amazing. This show is amazing.

Oh wow, I knew I recognized her from somewhere but I didn't put it together. I missed the wheelchair joke too. I think I didn't realize this show had so many background jokes going on, this is gonna have the most rewatch potential in a comedy since AD.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Some Philly trivia for those of you not from the area:

When at the nail salon Illana makes fun of Abbi (Abbi Jacobson is from the Philly suburbs) for being a "rich main-line Philadelphia jew" she's referring to the "main line" section of Philadelphia suburbs which is littered with old money and is home to the wealthiest neighborhoods in the commonwealth. The King of Prussia mall is the largest mall in the US (largest in area, but Mall of America has more stores) and is very upscale and very white.

I don't think the shows every referenced what Abbi's parents do (my guess is doctors or lawyers) but clearly she comes from money.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Clip from the next ep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbQmQAiLOk

How is this show so loving funny.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Archer, Always Sunny and Broad City all had fantastic episodes this week, but the thread for the funniest (Broad City, obv.) was down on page 3. Is nobody watching this? What the hell? It's not just 'women aren't funny' goonishness, is it?

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
It's the pegging, throws people off. (Hopefully not, was hilarious)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Unkempt posted:

Archer, Always Sunny and Broad City all had fantastic episodes this week, but the thread for the funniest (Broad City, obv.) was down on page 3. Is nobody watching this? What the hell? It's not just 'women aren't funny' goonishness, is it?
Those other two shows have also been running for 16 combined seasons compared to BC's two. Also, besides being female-driven, this is a small weird show and the only reason it's on people's radars and getting write-ups at all right now is that it had such a strong first season and generated a lot of hype on its own.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm just glad they dealt with Abbi's crush in a hilarious and non-stereotypical way. Most shows would have turned that into a reoccurring will they/won't they plot line. This was much funnier.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
In retrospect, this improves the previous episode slightly because it makes him a better match for the kind of stuff Abi was throwing at him. Also, every time I thought a joke was telegraphed they twisted it perfectly into something great. Stammering when they found the strapon in the purse, the whole family discussion about pegging, the argument over the replacement strapon, it was all done way better than my brain was preparing for which is great. Also, the background jokes and smaller moments totally killed me. Ilana does a handstand twerk and when her mother tells her to calm down she says "I'm on the phone" because that's all part of how she's on the phone. So drat great.

Also, kudos to CC for letting the argument over the strapon be done with it on and flapping around because that made it perfect.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Illinois Smith posted:

Those other two shows have also been running for 16 combined seasons compared to BC's two. Also, besides being female-driven, this is a small weird show and the only reason it's on people's radars and getting write-ups at all right now is that it had such a strong first season and generated a lot of hype on its own.

It's not that weird, it's basically a more consistently-written Workaholics with one less lead.

Abbi getting her strapon caught in the door killed me. Funniest moment of an incredible episode.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Last week we had a trip induced by Vicodin and a weed milkshake, and this week we have a guy who likes being pegged by a very particular dildo. Both of them were excellent episodes. Outside of the episode that was referenced in the Grantland profile, I have no idea where they're gonna go from here, but it will be great.

Unkempt posted:

In TVIV, you can have a thread with a lot of pages and participation, or you can have a good thread.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I cannot emphasize how amazing this episode is if you know middle aged women from Long Island because those ladies are loving insane about knock-off Chinatown bags. I couldn't breathe during that whole section.

EDIT: Also, the show really deserves a lot of credit for creating awkward and funny situations around pegging while never really belittling the act itself or making any easy jokes outside of the inherent goofiness of big floppy dildos.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I love that they just showed the pegging episode at 7pm. Some parent is going to have to explain what pegging is now or some kid is gonna learn an important lesson about using google incognito in the future.

• Locked thread