Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Three Olives posted:

Unless I am mistaken Up3 originally promised continuous HR, then it was downgraded to resting and with a later software upgrade to continuous (Always assume that upgrade is never coming).

If you can give me a link to this somewhere I'll basically go buy the fitbit today.

Peak looks great but the fact that it's completely dissapeared from retailers and may not even work with my phone sends me bad signals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJBuddy posted:

If you can give me a link to this somewhere I'll basically go buy the fitbit today.

Peak looks great but the fact that it's completely dissapeared from retailers and may not even work with my phone sends me bad signals.

Amazon, Target, REI, Dicks, Fitbit is everywhere, just make sure you get the Charge HR and not the Charge.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

MJBuddy posted:

quote:

Jawbone says the Up3 will only measure resting heart rate at first, and while it says it plans to add continuous monitoring through a software update, it couldnt give an exact timeline.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-11-05/jawbone-up3-and-move-a-high-end-design-and-a-cheap-gateway

Oh, better article:

quote:

Our purpose is to help you develop healthy habits for long-term heart health. Heart rate during workout and heart rate throughout the day are easily influenced by external factors. Resting heart rate on the other hand is devoid of such external influences. And because managing resting heart rate is the single most important thing you can do to improve your cardiac health, thats what weve focused on initially for UP3. So out of the box, we will deliver resting heart rate as a measure of heart health. But very soon, we will unlock passive and on-demand heart rate both updates that will come over the air allowing you to see your heart rate at any time throughout the day.

https://jawbone.com/blog/up3-wearable-heart-rate-monitor/

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vs.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Yep that's all I needed to at least try the fitbit for a few weeks. Thanks.

REI has it in stock and says they have a 1 year return policy. Is that real for this? Cause for a piece of tech that's crazy.

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 27, 2015

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

MJBuddy posted:

Yep that's all I needed to at least try the fitbit for a few weeks. Thanks.

REI has it in stock and says they have a 1 year return policy. Is that real for this? Cause for a piece of tech that's crazy.

REI is a non-profit co-op, it's a weirdo for a company the size that it is.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Three Olives posted:

REI is a non-profit co-op, it's a weirdo for a company the size that it is.

Go to their annual garage sale and you probably could score a cheap Fitbit someone returned at day 364.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I bought a Misfit Flash a while ago, like late November/early December. It just took a small tumble from my belt to the floor. It's completely shot.

The battery isn't dead, but it won't turn on or show signs of life. I reseated the battery twice and nothing. I didn't expect much for $25, but I expected a coin sized fitness tracker to survive a small tumble.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Not sure if this is "wearables" but my KeyLink keeps playing weird little tunes for like a second. wtf is that

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Just noticed that my moto360 developed one of those cracks that they can get on the backplate where the band hooks up. Using the stock band too. :(

I'm debating whether or not I want to deal with RMAing it :(

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

They apparently cross ship the RMA if you allow them to put a credit card hold, so it's not too terrible a process. You aren't without a watch for any period of time. You can keep using yours until the new one arrives.

I haven't RMA'd yet though because I'm waiting to see if some positive confirmation has been made as to a change in construction to prevent the cracks moving forward.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Keylink strap broke and I have no idea where one of the pieces are. Yay. What a piece of poo poo.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So does anyone have any species on how the Charge HR measures floors climbed? I've noticed that it has seemed a bit off for me of late, and today (at 10:50am) it tells me I have climbed a healthy 3764 floors. I guess it is safe to say I have a defective device? Everything else seems fine.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Are there any stores where keylinks or the micro battery packs are sold? Or do I have to get them from Motorola?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

IuniusBrutus posted:

Are there any stores where keylinks or the micro battery packs are sold? Or do I have to get them from Motorola?

Keylinks have disappeared and don't buy one even if you can. I regret it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're out of stock, but they're planning on putting them back once they have them made.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Scored a 360 at Best Buy today for $150 with a two year replacement plan. Booyah

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Ok but the apple watch comes out next month

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rear end Catchcum posted:

Next month is not April.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Also $150 is not $299.

edit: whoops $349

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Lblitzer posted:

Scored a 360 at Best Buy today for $150 with a two year replacement plan. Booyah

How'd you manage this?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

360s and Apple Watches are completely different markets.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Haves and have nots

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

Haves and have nots

Really? I mean, are we the comments section on some stupid gadget blog now?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

hooah posted:

How'd you manage this?

It was a return of a gift, the person didn't want so it was discounted to $211 and before I left the manager slapped a "50% off everything all clearance" on the table it was displayed on. I had no intention of getting it ever but I really couldn't pass on it at that price. If I get sick of it I could still make about $50 flipping it on Amazon.

I don't have apple nor do I want one so

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Don't buy a Android Wear watch right now, MediaTek started shipping an Android Wear specific SOC in quantities a couple of weeks ago and the MWC is next month right before Apple starts shipping their watch.

Seriously, just don't. I mean maybe get a G watch if you can get it for like $60 and you broke your current smart watch but don't buy anything else. Especially don't buy a Moto 360.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 8, 2015

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Yep when I think "timepiece" I think "a battery that lasts less than a single day"

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Syrinxx posted:

Yep when I think "timepiece" I think "a battery that lasts less than a single day"

I wonder how long that battery lasts when you send your heartbeat vibration.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
So...Microsoft Band doesn't talk to Microsoft Healthvault, but Fitbit devices do.

:bravo:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Subterfrugal posted:

So...Microsoft Band doesn't talk to Microsoft Healthvault, but Fitbit devices do.

:bravo:

Also don't buy a Microsoft Kin, Surface, or Surface RT as long as we are talking about poo poo devices that Microsoft obviously has no intention of supporting despite inexplicably releasing and that people buy anyways while everyone is screaming DON'T BUY THIS IDIOT!

Can I interest you in a Windows Phone?

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Three Olives posted:

Also don't buy a Microsoft Kin, Surface, or Surface RT as long as we are talking about poo poo devices that Microsoft obviously has no intention of supporting despite inexplicably releasing and that people buy anyways while everyone is screaming DON'T BUY THIS IDIOT!

Can I interest you in a Windows Phone?

I thought the Surface Pro 3 was regarded as a very good device? The only kind of support you need for that thing are new versions of Windows, which isn't going away any time soon.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Super Dude posted:

I thought the Surface Pro 3 was regarded as a very good device? The only kind of support you need for that thing are new versions of Windows, which isn't going away any time soon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's the Surface he is referring to that "everybody" bought along with the Kin, apparently.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

The Surface was originally used as the branding for a table with a touchscreen for the surface. Microsoft quietly renamed the table to PixelSense and pushed the Surface as a handheld tablet device. I don't think the table ever made it to mass retail though.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

isndl posted:

The Surface was originally used as the branding for a table with a touchscreen for the surface. Microsoft quietly renamed the table to PixelSense and pushed the Surface as a handheld tablet device. I don't think the table ever made it to mass retail though.

They made a half-assed attempt to push them to consumers but it failed for obvious reasons.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The only place I ever saw any reference to those in the wild was in some Sheraton hotel lobby lounges, where they did a whole cross-branding thing with Microsoft.

They had a few PCs set up bar-style for you to read email and print boarding passes, plus some couches with Surface coffee tables between them.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
So I think my Samsung Gear 2 must have counted something wrong!

Kidney Stone fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 12, 2015

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
You mean you are not a 30 feet giant that covers 40 yards with each step? How dissapointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Kidney Stone posted:

So I think my Samsung Gear 2 must have counted something wrong!

And this is why you don't masturbate with your smartwatch on.