Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Thinking about Russo makes me wonder if there was any tampering going on, if WWF/E ever filed for it, and if WWF/E had any legal grounds to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

cunny mcalister posted:

It wasn't the full interview, it was just the full show that the teaser came from.

EugeneJ posted:

It was only Part 1 dealing with TNA - next week is the part about WCW and it hasn't been released yet

Alright, make sense, thanks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Red posted:

Thinking about Russo makes me wonder if there was any tampering going on, if WWF/E ever filed for it, and if WWF/E had any legal grounds to do so.

Tampering had been going on with WWF, WCW, and ECW for years. ECW successfully sued WCW for it a few times and got cash and talent apperances out of it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tonight at 8 PM it is the go home show for Spring Stampede! What will Nitro have in store for us as we build to the BAT MATCH? Who was the driver of the mysterious red and yellow Viper that ran over Macho Man? Who knows if we'll find out! I hope the Disciple talks again! Last week there was some weird ratings glitch and supposedly Raw beat Nitro in the ratings but I bet that is a mistake.

You'll see:

Johnny Grunge vs Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Kevin Nash vs Hulk Hogan
Chris Benoit vs Glacier
Buff Bagwell vs Lex Luger
Super Calo vs Chris Jericho for the cruiserweight title!
HAMMER VS SATURN
GOLDBERG VS ROCCO ROCK
Yuji Nagata vs Curt Henning
LA PARKA VS BOOKER T FOR THE TV TITLE

AND SO MUCH MORE!!!!

TUNE IN AT 7:30 for NECW, 8 PM for Nitro and stay for SSW after Nitro!

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
How have you guys paid tribute to Kevin Nash today?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I listened to "Werewolves of London."

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I saw some kids on a playground talking about how cool video games are so I called them fuckin' marks and then very sloppily ate a plate of ravioli. Godspeed you, Big Sexy.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I was going to just show up to my job and just go through the motions but then my boss texted me to say he was sick so I didn't go in and will still get paid and later a promotion and maybe a big fancy belt too or something I don't know.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I watched hall vs Nash Halloween havoc 1998 today.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I saw some kids on a playground talking about how cool video games are so I called them fuckin' marks and then very sloppily ate a plate of ravioli. Godspeed you, Big Sexy.

isn't Nash a Syphon Filter fan

(further proving he's the best wrestler of all time)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alouicious posted:

isn't Nash a Syphon Filter fan

(further proving he's the best wrestler of all time)

probably did nothing but taser people (the best way to play)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Aesop Poprock posted:

probably did nothing but taser people (the best way to play)

Just taser them, or taser them until they caught on fire?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

From Sullivan's podcast: Whose idea was the Booty Man?

Hulk Hogan.

Why did Starrcade have two Rs?

Dusty probably stole the name from that video game game show.

He also talked about how horrifying it was to try to book anything involving Hulk Hogan and his creative control. He'd have to throw away a month's worth of booking on Hulk's whim because that isn't gonna work, brother.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 7, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

It was pretty much always a lovely idea. The Royal Rumble is controlled chaos that's presented and scripted well. WW3 was just pure unfiltered chaos with no one having a plan until it became a 10 man battle royale.

Short of War Games and Thundercage, any of WCW's special matches were really awful ideas.

And of course nobody told the announcers anything so they're constantly saying "did so and so just get eliminated?"

I can't believe they did this more than once.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I liked World War 3. I liked the one Nash won by clearing his ring quickly and then standing relaxing in the corner whilst the othe two rings slowly cleared themselves of jobbers.

I have bad wrestling opinions.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Maxwell Lord posted:

And of course nobody told the announcers anything so they're constantly saying "did so and so just get eliminated?"

I can't believe they did this more than once.

The situation was even worse. One year they actually had three teams set up, so one pair for each ring. The problem was that they all received the same monitor feed, and were all positioned at angles where their non monitor view was terribly obscured .

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I liked World War 3. I liked the one Nash won by clearing his ring quickly and then standing relaxing in the corner whilst the othe two rings slowly cleared themselves of jobbers.

I have bad wrestling opinions.

It sounds like you're a fan of noted cool badass Kevin Nash, not the World War 3 match.

Your wrestling opinions are likely cool and badass as well.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Why did Meltzer love the first few War Games matches so much, anyway? Because they had plenty of good workers despite the chaos? Was the crowd really hot for it?

MRT? Anyone?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I hold the controversial opinion that with today's technology, and good enough booking, you could do War Games in a way that is enjoyable to watch. You'd have to put, like, several hours worth of planning into it though, and resist the urge to change everything at the last second, so it'll never happen.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
"Get Flair a bra" was one of my favourite signs from WCW.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

"Get Flair a bra" was one of my favourite signs from WCW.

No sign will ever top Syxx Suxx Dixx

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I hold the controversial opinion that with today's technology, and good enough booking, you could do War Games in a way that is enjoyable to watch. You'd have to put, like, several hours worth of planning into it though, and resist the urge to change everything at the last second, so it'll never happen.

When you guys are talking about War Games as if it's impossible to have a good match, do you mean World War 3?

WW3 might be okay if you take advantage of HD screen real estate. Cramming all that stuff onto 90s TVs was a bad scene.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

triplexpac posted:

When you guys are talking about War Games as if it's impossible to have a good match, do you mean World War 3?

WW3 might be okay if you take advantage of HD screen real estate. Cramming all that stuff onto 90s TVs was a bad scene.

The 3 separate ring cams at a small resolution didn't help either. I think 96 had a different announce team per ring too. I don't remember if they kept on doing that.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Halloween Jack posted:

Why did Meltzer love the first few War Games matches so much, anyway? Because they had plenty of good workers despite the chaos? Was the crowd really hot for it?

MRT? Anyone?

Well, one of them (Dangerous Alliance one) was the blow of to a year long feud, was stuffed with stars and great workers, and was booked and worked really logically and was genuinely great.

I know my answer is dumb because it's literally "it was a good match" but it was one of those strange times where WCW had a moment of clarity.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
...and without Flair booking, to boot. That's what really surprises me.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The meltz man is a Sid mark brother.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i still love the GAB 89 Wargames because i'm a LOD mark and they kick rear end in that match

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

The meltz man is a Sid mark brother.

Same. Sid is the greatest of all time.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

Halloween Jack posted:

MRT? Anyone?

Because they were great?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

MRT? Anyone?

I don't think he rated or reviewed the first few War Games matches. They were basically the last hurrah for a territory coming off an incredibly hot period featuring really good/over wrestlers in a match where it is easy to build drama. There's probably nothing more to it than that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
War Games is a good format- complicated, sure, but it's one of those where the state of play is always changing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
actually here's a question- one thing I've heard about WarGames not being in WWF is that they don't have space for two rings- why is having two rings something inherent to WarGames?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alain Post posted:

actually here's a question- one thing I've heard about WarGames not being in WWF is that they don't have space for two rings- why is having two rings something inherent to WarGames?

There were 10 dudes all wailing on each other in one ring at the end, they took up a lot of space. It also looked cool and was unique which added to mystique.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alain Post posted:

When you have 10 dudes wailing on each other, it allows for more space to see the brutal spectacle.

WWE doesn't run War Games because the Elimination Chamber basically took over the same function. The EC is bigger and designed to be used around one ring.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I'm watching the Nitro where Scott Hall first showed up and this match between Scott Steiner and Sting is actually really entertaining. What happened to Steiner? He used to be really good. Was it the steroids?

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
OK WWE Countdown just showed a match where the wrestlers were in the back of an open trailer that was hooked to a truck traveling down the road and I heard Tony Schiavone say the winner is the one who honks the horn.

What PPV was this?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Doomsday Jesus posted:

OK WWE Countdown just showed a match where the wrestlers were in the back of an open trailer that was hooked to a truck traveling down the road and I heard Tony Schiavone say the winner is the one who honks the horn.

What PPV was this?

If it had Dustin Rhodes was in it it'll be Uncensored '95.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 10, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

I'm watching the Nitro where Scott Hall first showed up and this match between Scott Steiner and Sting is actually really entertaining. What happened to Steiner? He used to be really good. Was it the steroids?

Turns out if you become freakishly large you can't really move anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
I figured it was a combo of drugs, being banged up and getting older. But ultimately, there's nothing finer than Scott Steiner.