Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Liking Rikishi is very similar to why I like Sting. Sting was the coolest dude when I started watching WCW in 1997. He said virtually nothing and beat the nWo's rear end.

Then WCW sucked real bad so I started watching WWF in 2000. Rikishi was one the guys I really liked because he was big and did some cool moves. Then he'd put his rear end crack in people's faces. He ruled.

But anybody can go in the WWE Hall of Fame. So it really doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Just put that one multi man match with Rikishi + 2 Cool that main evented Raw with a ridiculously hot crowd into the hall of fame

Cactus Jack, The Rock, Rikishi and 2 Cool Vs DX where Kane came back for the finish with Paul Bearer?

That was the greatest.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That and he did the Marty Jannetty spin bump off of clotheslines while being like 350 pounds.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Muddy Burphy posted:

In 2005 I thought Shelton Benjamin was a future world champion. Let's put him in.

Ain't no stoppin him nurrrrrrrrrr!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They aren't taking the piss out of the Hall of Fame until Ed Leslie is in it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He should be in the hall of fame for being in the best TNA bracket ever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

They aren't taking the piss out of the Hall of Fame until Ed Leslie is in it.

Koko B Ware is in.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Excellent tweet:
https://twitter.com/johnasters/status/564920182284361728

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Koko B Ware is in.

Koko B Ware was a better worker than The Booty man, and I can comfortably say that having watched zero Koko B Ware matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Disciple deserves to be in.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

The Disciple deserves to be in.

I think you mean Zodiac.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MassRafTer posted:

The Booty Man deserves to be in.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ayn rand hand job posted:

I think you mean Zodiac.

if nothing else that fucker daniel bryan stole his catchphrases and look how far he got with them

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The man had more gimmicks than dimes he drew.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I think you mean Starrcade Main Eventer The Butcher.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

It's probably easy to forget how over Rikishi (and Scotty/Sexay) were 15 years ago.

I also see it as a painful reminder of how they used to care that much about undercard acts :sigh:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

It's probably easy to forget how over Rikishi (and Scotty/Sexay) were 15 years ago.

I also see it as a painful reminder of how they used to care that much about undercard acts :sigh:

I know, right? Worst thing about it is that in terms of rank in the WWE tag teams of the time they were probably on par with Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. That's how stacked the tag division was back then. :sigh:

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Koko B Ware was a better worker than The Booty man, and I can comfortably say that having watched zero Koko B Ware matches.

They were both over in the 80's and aren't dead. Leslie will go in (as Beefcake, with no mention of any other gimmicks).

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Muddy Burphy posted:

In 2005 I thought Shelton Benjamin was a future world champion. Let's put him in.

The first time I saw Ted DiBiase Jr's debut I thought yep he's going to be a future World Champion but the closest he ever got was a backstage segment of him staring at a replica WWE Championship (not the actual replica just a kids one) with Maryse berating him. After Legacy split he fell of the face of the earth and had one of the worse wrestling themes I ever heard in my life.

Boy did I get that one wrong.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rikishi's HOF promo package will be a loop of him dancing from the 2000 Royal Rumble since getting cheered in the Rumble has become a Hall of Fame worthy skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPFqdWoJMpQ

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rikishi should be in every HoF.

Edit: and in his honor Kevin Owens should have a move called Some Owens' Bulldozer.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They should put Scotty 2 Hotty in the HOF as well. Everyone but Brian Christopher.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Please don't joke about putting the Booty Man in the hall of fame without also inducting the Booty Babes

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

The Rock should induct Rikishi to repay the favor he owes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brother Bruti the Barber Booty Beefcake

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

schweens posted:

Please don't joke about putting the Booty Man in the hall of fame without also inducting the Booty Babes

Putting Kimberly in before DDP, heh

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The first time I saw Ted DiBiase Jr's debut I thought yep he's going to be a future World Champion but the closest he ever got was a backstage segment of him staring at a replica WWE Championship (not the actual replica just a kids one) with Maryse berating him. After Legacy split he fell of the face of the earth and had one of the worse wrestling themes I ever heard in my life.

Boy did I get that one wrong.

At the time a coworker and I heavily debated whether Shelton or Carlito would win a world championship first.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who cares about the hall it's not even real the only thing that matters for inductees is the quality of the ceremony they can produce

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Rikishi's HOF video should be a loop of that Cell bump he did onto the mattress and wood chips on the flatbed truck

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shrx09U016I

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
During a height of Hunters prime Shelton beat him twice. He sucked balls on the stick and it was a tragedy because he coulda been amazing.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Rikishi's HOF promo package will be a loop of him dancing from the 2000 Royal Rumble since getting cheered in the Rumble has become a Hall of Fame worthy skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPFqdWoJMpQ

nah

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

who cares about the hall it's not even real the only thing that matters for inductees is the quality of the ceremony they can produce

Yep, It's been well established that objective merit has nothing to do with who's selected and that's fine. It's simply a nice way to recognize veterans on good terms with the company, especially those who they can market on that particular year or location.

It would actually probably be worse if the WWE tried to do it objectively given their approach to history.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gatts posted:

During a height of Hunters prime Shelton beat him twice. He sucked balls on the stick and it was a tragedy because he coulda been amazing.

He was too busy playin them vidja games in tha back :bahgawd:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7AWoZoxlqk

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what happened to Ted Jr, anyway, was he just a charisma black hole or something

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gonzo McFee posted:

Koko B Ware brought a parrot to the ring and had a really unsafe looking brainbuster as a finisher and sometimes when he was pinning a jobber he'd just lay on the guy and flap his arms like wings

and this was his theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAKZUHUIixU

Koko B Ware loving owned

cams
Mar 28, 2003

edge, rikishi and kane vs eddie, angle, and benoit as a main event makes modern wwe look so hilariously awful

like, even worse than it already is

wwe is bad

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Almost a 10/10 but then they went overboard with the vomiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And yet the programming today is worse.

• Locked thread