Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Anatharon posted:

To clarify what I mean by this how would the game even be difficult without random chance, they really are not hard games with how fast your units get ridiculously powerful.

That's part of why I like Thracia 776, at least it's somewhat challenging. :shrug:

FE12 lunatic is basically 100% accuracy all the time. Not 0% crit but it's not like killer weapons are common on enemies and you can't rely on them yourself. It's still a very difficult game even with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ruggington posted:

you get fixed growths when all of your numbers are green

Green numbers are boring though?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Last Celebration posted:

Green numbers are boring though?

Why do you even play Fire Emblem

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Tae posted:

To get Gregor the wife of his dreams.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tae posted:

Because they're fun games? Idk, being able to steamroll enemies with blessed units is cool and all, but the novelty eventually wears off. And having a unit that's not easily replaced like Canus not turn out is just as lame.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

To get Gregor the wife of his dreams.

Is it Gregor?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anatharon posted:

I'm replaying FE7 on Hector mode and got to the desert map, but for some reason I can't find the Ocean Seal for Dart. Does it get moved in Hector normal mode?
No, it's the same in both modes. Keep in mind it's based on your luck stat (though thieves automatically get it.)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

FE12 lunatic is basically 100% accuracy all the time. Not 0% crit but it's not like killer weapons are common on enemies and you can't rely on them yourself. It's still a very difficult game even with that.

I'd disagree. The game's really 1-dimensional when you remove the RNG because there's not really much the game is capable of throwing at you other than bigger numbers.

I sent Matthew to go looking for it and he didn't get it. I guess I'm just counting tiles wrong or something...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I would just like to point out that Leonardo is the single most useless loving character ever. Worse than Fiona and worse than Laura. I hate you Leonardo

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

SA2K posted:

I would just like to point out that Leonardo is the single most useless loving character ever. Worse than Fiona and worse than Laura. I hate you Leonardo

There's that one mission with a load of fliers I remember and Leo could one shot them. He was good in that mission.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
The only prerequisite to one-shotting them was having a bow, though, so I hardly think that constitutes a pass on his behalf. He is truly the worst iteration of the worst class in the series, and even (or perhaps especially) being in the game that had the best snipers could not save him. Even just being decent might have saved him from total obscurity.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I played Radiant Dawn like a week ago, he couldn't one-shot poo poo even with the super treasure bow. Now granted, he was maybe high tier 1/low tier 2, but getting him levels was painful as hell when you're juggling 4-5 other units that die at a glance.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

In theory, the best use of Leonardo is getting him to level 10 and master sealing for the guaranteed stat ups so he can use his superbow for something for a few chapters. But you could also sell the master seal, or use it on Laura and it would probably be a better use. So gently caress Leo.

I want to try a bow only run to see how much I can wring out of him when forced to.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Playing fully through FE6 for the first time, I'm just starting the split. Is it ever worth using Sophia for any reason over Raigh? Even fully endgamed out she seems just worse. What a terrible Nino.

It also really bothers me that you don't get a light magic user until you promote either Elen or Saul. It's just kind of obnoxious, especially when the game throws a B light tome at you right around the time where you should theoretically be promoting one of them and have rank E in it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

The Shortest Path posted:

Playing fully through FE6 for the first time, I'm just starting the split. Is it ever worth using Sophia for any reason over Raigh? Even fully endgamed out she seems just worse. What a terrible Nino.

It also really bothers me that you don't get a light magic user until you promote either Elen or Saul. It's just kind of obnoxious, especially when the game throws a B light tome at you right around the time where you should theoretically be promoting one of them and have rank E in it.

yeah magic is kind of complete poo poo in FE6, as in there's only 4 light tomes and 5 dark tomes. That's one of the things I'm changing hard also new chapter

I hope you brought your fliers/river crossers

You didn't?

Then I hope you like chokepoints and bridges!

Anyway this is a rout map, you start at the bottom right. And the enemy boss is at the unreachable hill in the top-left. Now, when you reach a certain point on the map, said boss (It's Arcard) goes "Oh crap this is bad for us." and runs off so in Chapter 16 Original, he's jumping up and down and going to Roartz "No. We need to leave right now, I don't care what you put in front of that army, it's not going to be enough."

You can actually kill him, if you have the warp staff, as the only place that doesn't trigger his retreat is the spots next to him. Killing him still makes him retreat but I might have a prize for defeating him.

So this is chapter 21! The next chapter is 22 and takes place in Aquleia, Etruria's capital city. I'm going to try making it look really important and awesome scenery wise but we'll see what happens.

Anyway that's three maps left. Chapter 3 extension, C22 and FINAL disregarding potential Spotlight chapters and I'm not even thinking of those until the main game is done and Final is gonna be fuuuuuun (Hell)

Also Shortest, have you done any work on the Erk portrait?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Those large bridges look really awkward, like they don't transition smoothly into the surrounding scenery. I'm not really sure what you could do about that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

cheetah7071 posted:

Those large bridges look really awkward, like they don't transition smoothly into the surrounding scenery. I'm not really sure what you could do about that.

It's because of the black outline along the top of the bridge and that as you can see in C-13

It's all water around the bridge, however, I was trying to emulate a part of the map

So when you try to do that. You wind up not going how the tileset would necessarily go.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
To be honest, the bridges look kinda terrible in the original chapter too.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

To be honest, the bridges look kinda terrible in the original chapter too.

That's probably why they never reappear in the series.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm replaying Radiant Dawn after focusing mainly on Awakening lately, and man it takes some getting used to again. Not being able to re class is annoying, Leonardo is horrible, and even though I vaguely remember how much Edward rules if you stick with him, I'm reminded that Mia exists and is better in every way.

I wish Awakening had triple promotes though. Turning Owain into a trueblade would have ruled

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I don't mind third tiers existing, but I wish they had better names. "Trueblade" sounds dumb as hell. Like something out of a homebrew DnD campaign.

Really, looking back at the list of names, most of the third tier names are okay. I really like things like Reaver and Sentinel. Those are good. I just really dislike Trueblade. Just taking two words and compounding them doesn't make a good name.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 10, 2015

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lotish posted:

I don't mind third tiers existing, but I wish they had better names. "Trueblade" sounds dumb as hell. Like something out of a homebrew DnD campaign.

Sentinel is a much better than than Halberdier. Especially since they don't actually get halberds.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like Trueblade. Though the japanese name (Sword Saint) is better.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sword Saint is much better, yes.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah but Trueblade is definitely something Owain would call himself.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The Crotch posted:

Yeah but Trueblade is definitely something Owain would call himself.

Really, all his classes should just have unique names when he switches to them, just like they should all have his unique hand animation in their sprite.

Others are myrmidons, he's "Justice Hand!" With exclamation mark. Same class, same features, unique name.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So here is Chapter 22.

Aquleia is the Capital City of Etruria, so after you fight through here, you move onwards to Chapter 23, the multi-castle map I showed before. The two doors on the map don't actually open, and I really should remove them but "Ugh it doesn't make any sense if there's no door" You might be asking "If neither door opens, what about that shop up there?" well you can warp up there and it'll have a unique stock! Sort of like a Secret shop but... not... Because you wont get the Members card until Chapter 24.

Anyway the map was previously much bigger because I had a concept of "The capital city should be gigantic." but people convinced me otherwise, which is good. Because I can think big in all things and find it hard to see small tiny details.

But here's the unedited version or 'Tier 1' because it was intended to be a Two/three tier City

So this leaves the extention to Chapter 3 for Hectors little prison and then on to Final now that people have stressed over and over again "Don't do a 63x81 map for the final chapter."

I promise I will not do a 63x81 map for the final chapter.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 11, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Your images aren't loading for me :(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Looper posted:

Your images aren't loading for me :(

Should be fixed, and just to catch everyone up...

Chapter 17 - The start of the Lycia Return arc - In Defense of Worde

Chapter 18 - A Rumble in Ryerde

Chapter 19 - The Throne of Thria

<No Image>

Chapter 20 - Assault on Tuscana

Chapter 20x - The Young Lion (You start on one version of Map 1 and then a mid-chapter event takes you to Map 2) (Roy's Promotion Chapter)

Map 1 (Version A)

Map 1 (Version B)

Map 2

Chapter 21 - Dawn of Revolution (Etruria Arc)

Chapter 22 - Aquleia at War

Chapter 23 - The Gates of Hell

And from there, you return to Chapter 16. Also none of those names are permanent.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Just figure I would drop the line of doing more map making. This time it'll be chapter 3 followed by FINAL

http://www.hitbox.tv/onmi

We're done for the day

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 12, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Onmi posted:

That's probably why they never reappear in the series.

But there was a bridge in Path of Radiance! :v:

And uh... I actually completely forgot about the Erk portrait. I did end up tweaking it a bit more and returning to your color palette but I got distracted and then didn't remember I was working on it. I'll see what I can do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That exact same bridge is used in Radiant Dawn, in reverse. On a stage that basically says "Use fliers" except there's about 3 ballista behind gimmick pitfalls.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The fruits of todays labour, and the LAST CHAPTER BESIDES FINAL. Hector is in the furthest Cell to the right, you must reach him within the alotted time with Ellen (and maybe Erk) or he will die. This is a Side Objective.

The Shortest Path posted:

But there was a bridge in Path of Radiance! :v:

And uh... I actually completely forgot about the Erk portrait. I did end up tweaking it a bit more and returning to your color palette but I got distracted and then didn't remember I was working on it. I'll see what I can do.

That's fine, so long as you're reminded now.

Tae posted:

That exact same bridge is used in Radiant Dawn, in reverse. On a stage that basically says "Use fliers" except there's about 3 ballista behind gimmick pitfalls.

This is why the image of the recoloured palette for the bridge Tileset has the file name "If I find a hole on this loving bridge..."

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So wait, you're how close to done? :psyduck:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

alcharagia posted:

So wait, you're how close to done? :psyduck:

~Manakete Transformation Routine
Knowing how to make more custom Kete's for hacking in general and for Jahn's custom animation (NOT NECESSARY FOR DEMO RELEASE)

~Ending table examination
Paired endings for people besides Roy and Making it so women have a choice of more than one man (As it stands the table just looks at Character, If the character has an A with Roy specifically, Short (irrelevant now, all full endings are displayed) and Title.) (Not Necessary for Demo Release but would like it done)

~Importing Magic animations so each magic types can be proper weapon types
Because SERIOUSLY. (Not Necessary for Demo Release but See previous)

~Animations for Guinevere Promoted, Elphin Promoted, Female Fighter
Obvious reasons (Need)

~Mapsprites for Guinevere+Promoted, Elphin Promoted, Female Fighter/Warrior, Female Rogue (think this might exist already), Lilina Promoted, Female Halberdier.
For... again obvious reasons. (Need)

~Final Map mapped (need)

~Events redone (Unscopable)
I'll basically sit down and go through each chapter 1 by 1 until I think it's done. (Sooo much needing)

~World Map events edited
Mainly for the edited Western Isles and Ilia->Sacae change, as well as the new maps. (Not needed but I'd like it done)

~Portraits for Erk, Nino and Mary
Not counting NPC appearances and such for obvious reasons. (Need)

So you know, a fair bit on the Art side which isn't my department, and then a lot of eventing. So the eventing will take time but if I manage to go a chapter or so a day then... like in a month I guess.

That's just to make the demo though, I'll be scripting up new supports as well and etc. Which will, time permitting, probably lead to a christmas release.

Final is no small scale though it's a huge undertaking of a map.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 12, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

When you say "each magic type", do you mean splitting the different elements in anima into their own triangle? I don't think I like that in a game with dark and light magic already in it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

When you say "each magic type", do you mean splitting the different elements in anima into their own triangle? I don't think I like that in a game with dark and light magic already in it.

No I mean adding more Dark and Light (And Anima) spells since there Are only 5 and 4 of them in FE6 total.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ah, cool. That makes sense.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

jill bugged out and spent the entirety of chapter 12 pacing around the ship instead of talking to Ike. Guess I won't use her this playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ruggington posted:

jill bugged out and spent the entirety of chapter 12 pacing around the ship instead of talking to Ike. Guess I won't use her this playthrough

reset