Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

300 new posts in the twitter thread maybe someone died or something cool happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

300 new posts in the twitter thread maybe someone died or something cool happened

It's very cool that we got to see Seth Rollins' dong.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Same.

This was an amazing turn of events to wake up to. Thanks seth, his mistress, the fiancé, but mostly thanks to you, the WWE UNIVERSE!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Saw a dong, saw some boobs, it was a good day all around.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Seth's dong died, Twitter thread cried.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

Saw a dong, saw some boobs, it was a good day all around.

Yeah, but they could have been better.

If only Batista and Big E's texts could have been leaked on this day.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Hace posted:

Top men are on the case

From a while back but scrolling down to this gave me the biggest belly laugh in weeks, awesome!

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

I expected a Jeff Hardy video here, tbh.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Amusing side story from this whole Seth Rollins thing:

I have a new roommate and she's never watched wrestling before, and she came home while everything was going on. So she sits next to me during the main event and asks who everyone was. So I go down the line, explaining who everyone is, who's good and who's bad, and then I get to Seth and go "that's Seth Rollins. Fun fact: as this is going on, nude dick pics of his were leaked onto the internet by an angry fiancee that he cheated on!"

She replies with: "Well he's a bad guy and needs 4 people to beat up one guy, so serves him right! :mad:"

I then said "no, it wasn't for TV. It really happened. In real life."

She goes white and says in the softest voice: "Oh no, that poor man! :( "

It was the cutest, markiest thing I'd heard in years. Kayfabe is alive.

Also she liked Bryan and thought Roman had a cool tattoo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

fart blood posted:

Roman Reigns is gonna find and seduce your roommate. (Instead of practicing)

Bahleive THAT.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fart blood posted:

Amusing side story from this whole Seth Rollins thing:

I have a new roommate and she's never watched wrestling before, and she came home while everything was going on. So she sits next to me during the main event and asks who everyone was. So I go down the line, explaining who everyone is, who's good and who's bad, and then I get to Seth and go "that's Seth Rollins. Fun fact: as this is going on, nude dick pics of his were leaked onto the internet by an angry fiancee that he cheated on!"

She replies with: "Well he's a bad guy and needs 4 people to beat up one guy, so serves him right! :mad:"

I then said "no, it wasn't for TV. It really happened. In real life."

She goes white and says in the softest voice: "Oh no, that poor man! :( "

This rules. ::3:

I wonder if there's enough material for a thread about anecdotes like this? I can't stop smiling.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This rules. ::3:

I wonder if there's enough material for a thread about anecdotes like this? I can't stop smiling.

I doubt there's enough for a whole thread, but here's my anecdote:

My wife, girlfriend at the time, started watching wrestling with me back in 08 or so. She got SO MAD at JBL because he choked Jericho out with a bullrope.

It got to the point where every time JBL would show up on screen she would have to leave the room. His promos made her so angry, I"ve never seen such effective heeling haha.

Now she's all smarky but it was adorable at the time.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My fiancé is an El Torito mark after taking her to Raw last year.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fushin posted:

My fiancé is an El Torito mark after taking her to Raw last year.

Let me marry your fiance instead.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My ex with whom I've remained friends got into wrestling during our relationship. Her favorites quickly became Fandango, Ryback, and Freight Train. Any time two dudes would be doing an interview and get real angry and close to each other, she'd remark about how they were about to make out/gently caress. It's fun introducing someone to wrestling as long as you're not a crazy turd about it and can poke fun at everything going on.

I have some other friends who became casual fans due to my watching and came up with pet names for everybody. Straight Edge Pepsi for Punk and New York Cowboy for JBL are the only two I can remember right now. They also frequently reference the time some scaffolding fell near Vince McMahon.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

this post is shittier than the other ones

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I showed my girlfriend the Katie Vick segment with no prompting or explanation, and her expression went from "this is dumb" to "this is getting really weird" to "they wouldn't!" to bug-eyed and cupping her hands over her mouth for a solid three minutes, before asking me "why would they do this???" as if we just watched a beheading.

Also, for those who haven't seen it, here is the entire Katie Vick segment.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

and then Kane lost and a few months later Triple H took his mask lmao

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would pay everything I have and everything I ever will have to own the Katie Vick mannequin.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Shine posted:

I showed my girlfriend the Katie Vick segment with no prompting or explanation, and her expression went from "this is dumb" to "this is getting really weird" to "they wouldn't!" to bug-eyed and cupping her hands over her mouth for a solid three minutes, before asking me "why would they do this???" as if we just watched a beheading.

Also, for those who haven't seen it, here is the entire Katie Vick segment.

Triple H talking about Vince directing him in this scene on O&A is the greatest thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teuEgJPCepQ

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I would pay everything I have and everything I ever will have to own the Katie Vick mannequin.

It only cost RD Reynolds $100.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Gavok posted:

It only cost RD Reynolds $100.

Technically it's only the cheerleading outfit.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I love that the Wrestlecrap guy owns the Katie Vick outfit, autographed by HHH.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

My girlfriend watched casually in the build up to last year's Mania, the main event of which she described as Daniel Bryan vs. The Tribal Council. By the end of the night, she was tearing up and yessing along with the new champ and the rest of us in the room. Never doubt the power of Daniel Bryan.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

My girlfriend watched casually in the build up to last year's Mania, the main event of which she described as Daniel Bryan vs. The Tribal Council. By the end of the night, she was tearing up and yessing along with the new champ and the rest of us in the room. Never doubt the power of Daniel Bryan.

When I went to Mania live, by the end of the night, my dad, the most "wrestling :rolleyes:" person imaginable, was YESing, whistling (for him, high praise) and giving a standing ovation to Bryan's win and the match in general.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I had REvolution on while visiting my mom and helping her wrap presents during the holidays. She tolerates wrestling but didn't know any of the NXT guys, and was immediately enamored with Balor after seeing him in his pre-match video package. Cue his entrance, and she was totally on the bandwagon. She was also 100% into Sami, his title win, and the post match.

She may or may not have bought a Bullet Club shirt this weekend.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I had REvolution on while visiting my mom and helping her wrap presents during the holidays. She tolerates wrestling but didn't know any of the NXT guys, and was immediately enamored with Balor after seeing him in his pre-match video package. Cue his entrance, and she was totally on the bandwagon. She was also 100% into Sami, his title win, and the post match.

There needs to be a tumblr called moms in Bullet Club shirts.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Highlight was getting my non-wrestling buddy to watch the Rumble and he was in total awe of Brock Lesnar. Also just got my best mate to start watching Lucha Underground and she loves it. We used to both be big fans back in 99 but she stopped watching while I carried on, last year she went to Mania with me and sort of got back into it again, so it's been really cool her asking me to watch stuff instead of feeling like I'm forcing her to put up with it haha. This along with Alex Riley getting dumped off commentary has made today a good day :3:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

uhhhhhh

quote:

@DarrenYoungWWE Why do we bring the best entertainment into a country like abu dhabi and they look down upon women and gays? I get it! #MillionsofDollars

That got deleted and replaced with:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

preach

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Somebody needs to start a heartwarming wrestling stories thread for this sort of stuff.

Luigi Thirty posted:

uhhhhhh

"@DarrenYoungWWE Why do we bring the best entertainment into a country like abu dhabi and they look down upon women and gays? I get it! #MillionsofDollars"

oh wait, also a heartbreaking thread for this horrible poo poo.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi Thirty posted:

uhhhhhh

He's right.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Germ Incubator posted:

Highlight was getting my non-wrestling buddy to watch the Rumble and he was in total awe of Brock Lesnar. Also just got my best mate to start watching Lucha Underground and she loves it. We used to both be big fans back in 99 but she stopped watching while I carried on, last year she went to Mania with me and sort of got back into it again, so it's been really cool her asking me to watch stuff instead of feeling like I'm forcing her to put up with it haha. This along with Alex Riley getting dumped off commentary has made today a good day :3:

You were at Mania? I met two PSP lurkers, but no other posters. :(

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

uhhhhhh

He's right, and I'm heart broken and sad and goddamn it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Waiting for Yuriy to come in and call Young a stupid SJW who needs to shut up and tweet about wrestling, despite the fact that Young is 100% right.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I was under the impression that the Abu Dhabi show was mostly for American Military over there?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Probably will never see Young back in TV now, but at least he's speaking out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

I was under the impression that the Abu Dhabi show was mostly for American Military over there?

Nope this is not Tribute to the Troops. WWE started running shows in that area and they are pretty popular too if I remember from some reports.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's no surprise he hasn't been really used since coming out either. It sucks because he actually has a semblance of charisma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Roman Reigns posted:

Probably will never see Young back in TV now, but at least he's speaking out.

I was getting the impression he was on the 'we're not putting you on tv but it'd look bad if we fired you' list