Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Your name is Tony Abbott, isn't it.

He said day one he KNEW women. I thought that much was obvious then but I thought we weren't worrying about names Toml.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Kommando's been throwing votes all over the place and generally trying to get a rise out of people. I'd love to hear what similarly aggressive player Bif thinks about Kommando.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
- Freudian Slip
- Avshalom
- Bifauxnen

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hahahahaha loving seriously?

Does princess only work on lynch, though? If it also works on nightkills and, as Tithin suggested, we're now hosed and bound to lose a day anyway, maybe we might as well lynch someone else so the scum have to spend the night killing him.

....or not, as the case may be.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Actually no scrub Bif off that

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

On D1 Asphyxious posted "I know more about women than you do." I understood this to be a reference to Tony Abbott's status as Minister for Women and said "Message received."

Talking about names eventually proved to be a distraction and most of its significance was eliminated by the D1 lynch and N1 kill. Bif asked me if I was still interested in names. I said I wasn't going to pursue it. But I didn't say it was entirely irrelevant.

My gut has been telling me to vote Asphyxious for about two days but I have been holding off largely because of his subtle name-claim as Tony Abbott, because I couldn't think of any way in the world that Mills would make Tony Abbott mafia aligned. But I've decided not to talk about this for two reasons

1) As I already backed away from discussing names, this would be seen as a back-flip and people would get mad at me for it, and
2) I wanted to see who was going to rail against Asphyxious.

I won't vote for Asphyxious.

##vote Tithin

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Someone though. Someone decent.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

This seems like the sort of thing Gaspy should be able to get clarification from Mills for...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I just woke up and am making breakfast. Will post soon.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

Also tithins reasoning is bullshit. "Oh you're probably bluffing so instead of selecting another target lets just guarantee 2/3 town deaths"

Pro play. Well done. Genius.

How the gently caress is it bullshit? It's a lovely role that's typically only done in a madness game because it weakens town if a beloved princess dies that much!

Let's take you at your word then, you're town and a beloved princess.

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch.

If we keep you alive tonight, and murder someone else, you die tonight because you're a big dumb baby trying to save your skin. Suddenly it's 9 alive, and 5 to lynch. Only whoops, it's actually 8 alive and 4 to lynch because scum get another night kill.

Whereas if we kill you, it's going to be the exact same loving setup because we lynch you (10 alive, 5 to lynch) and then scum get two night kills (8 alive, 4 to kill).

In either respect we're hosed

That's why I'm calling your bluff, because no matter what happens, we're going to be in the same position, and frankly I don't believe you

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

whats for dinner posted:

This seems like the sort of thing Gaspy should be able to get clarification from Mills for...

What clarification do you need?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Do you trigger on a night kill, as well?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Dammit Phyx! If you turn out to be a Beloved Princess i'm gonna be so hosed. Because that is a Hilarious role to claim.

Why would you hang onto that. That kind of poo poo you declare day 1.

Gah.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm not sure why we've flipped back to assuming that names mean anything. i'm not denying that gaspy is abbott, someone's got to be abbott, but we still haven't figured out if there's a pattern at all to which irl politicians align with scum or town. mith was turnbull and she turned out to not just be town, but valuable town. afaik turnbull is considered one of the main players in the anti-abbott spill (not actively leading it, but certainly going to jump in and get his own once things are destabilised enough.) on the other hand, tirade was joe hockey, who is still more or less on abbott's side in the real world - but he wasn't just scum, but scum godfather! to me, this is pointing more toward "status quo libs = scum, libs pushing for spill = town" than the opposite, but the more obvious conclusion is that mills just pulled names out of a hat and they didn't mean anything.

so yeah, i believe that gaspy is abbott, but i don't believe that necessarily means he's a town role. it could just as easily mean he's a scum role, or vanilla scum, or vanilla town, or one of the weird individual teams that i don't quite understand much about yet.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

whats for dinner posted:

Just says lynch. Either way I'm dead tonight. I've only been kept around for an easy town vs town lynch.

Now they can either
a) kill me tonight
b) let me live to try to throw the suspicion that my role claim is false and that I'm scum

So either I die in a way that doesn't hurt town or I get at least a whole nother day of scum hunting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

whats for dinner posted:

Kommando's been throwing votes all over the place and generally trying to get a rise out of people. I'd love to hear what similarly aggressive player Bif thinks about Kommando.

I think it's getting a bit late for still needing that routine, but I do like the vote-to-get-a-reaction move, obviously. Since he's started actually explaining more just now and saying more clearly "yes I think Gaspy is suss," I think Kommando's routine is looking a bit less suss now.

As for Kommando's position, pushing for a vote on Gaspy seemed a bit more suss in exchange, at least before Gaspy came out with the princess thing. I still find Gaspy's vote for Tirade implausible without some really crazy scheming going on in the background, but coming out to claim princess is increasing the likelihood of crazy evil schemes.

Still worth being careful about it, though. Couldn't he just be left for the scum to nightkill instead of us lynching him to test it?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kommando posted:

Dammit Phyx! If you turn out to be a Beloved Princess i'm gonna be so hosed. Because that is a Hilarious role to claim.

Why would you hang onto that. That kind of poo poo you declare day 1.

Gah.

No that's the kind of information you keep from scum so they don't kill you.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

If Asphyxious is a beloved princess who only trips on lynch then there's no point lynching him. We get more time to discuss and look at other players because there's still another ten hours in the day.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong but the wiki says a princess is usually accompanied by a guard who knows the princess's identity.

Who would be Tony's guard? Peta?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

No that's the kind of information you keep from scum so they don't kill you.
why would scum kill a princess? from what i can garner, nightkilling a princess doesn't give them any benefit over killing a regular player. it would be more in their interests to whip up a lynch mob against you, and they'd probably be so desperate to do so that they'd go in too hard and make mistakes from day one. but you've done a decent job whipping up a lynch mob against yourself, and only now, at the very last moment, are you claiming

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the wiki says a princess is usually accompanied by a guard who knows the princess's identity.

Who would be Tony's guard? Peta?

Given that we also have a whisper quiet cop apparently, I'm willing to believe the roles in this game are hosed

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Avshalom posted:

why would scum kill a princess? from what i can garner, nightkilling a princess doesn't give them any benefit over killing a regular player. it would be more in their interests to whip up a lynch mob against you, and they'd probably be so desperate to do so that they'd go in too hard and make mistakes from day one. but you've done a decent job whipping up a lynch mob against yourself, and only now, at the very last moment, are you claiming

if it's on lynch it means it won't work on a night kill, the scum would be better off killing a suspected power role

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm willing to stake my life on it at this stage.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

whats for dinner posted:

if it's on lynch it means it won't work on a night kill, the scum would be better off killing a suspected power role

oops, reading comprehension sorry avs

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

asphyxious isn't scum

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

It's not the last moment, I've given everyone plenty of time to think. And the answer is I don't trust anyone. And I wanted to make it to at least day 2. And playing like a big target let me do that, but now I'm having to hold myself hostage because emotional attachment and your geriatric players Byzantine attachment to what is and is not a scum play is so maddeningly, dogmatically counterintuitive to actual investigation.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Given that we also have a whisper quiet cop apparently, I'm willing to believe the roles in this game are hosed

Could it be the cop hasn't turned up anything of interest?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

I'm willing to stake my life on it at this stage.

then you're a fool and I hope you're town.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

It's not the last moment, I've given everyone plenty of time to think. And the answer is I don't trust anyone. And I wanted to make it to at least day 2. And playing like a big target let me do that, but now I'm having to hold myself hostage because emotional attachment and your geriatric players Byzantine attachment to what is and is not a scum play is so maddeningly, dogmatically counterintuitive to actual investigation.
i'm generally pretty articulate but i cannot parse that last sentence at all.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

black_tangled posted:

Yeah possible. Like investigating people who got night killed or people who have no suspicion on them.

Not sure why you'd investigate someone who wasn't suspicious though.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

black_tangled posted:

whats for dinner posted:

asphyxious isn't scum

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

whats for dinner posted:

asphyxious isn't scum
Detective? Is that you?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i'm generally pretty articulate but i cannot parse that last sentence at all.

Interesting.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

The thought crossed my mind but didn't want to ask someone to role claim

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But claiming princess with votes against you also looks like the perfect scum gambit?

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Detective? Is that you?

yes, hello

D1 - TOML, successful, not scum
D2 - Asphyxious, successful, not scum

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

whats for dinner posted:

Theres variants. So it makes sense that he'd hold off on this if he triggers on nightkill. which means we're hosed either way.

fucccck

The more I think about it, the flavor makes sense.

Still doesnt make it any less poo poo. If you have that kind of lynchbomb why would you stir people up so much. You irit.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

whats for dinner posted:

yes, hello

D1 - TOML, successful, not scum
D2 - Asphyxious, successful, not scum

Thanks. Sorry it had to come to this.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

So what now, idiots?

What.

Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh we do have an investigator? Thank gently caress.

• Locked thread