Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Those On My Left posted:

This is actually a good point.

There were many good points in there.

Also he hit me right in my sweet spot so I'm more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

AGH. but then you keep doing THIS.

like the god drat golf clap, its a play designed to invoke solidarity in a game where such a thing cannot exist!

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Asphyxious posted:

I really don't think there's a risk of an early lynch. Take your time and feel free to keep posting. The more data I have the more I can work with, and if you're town you have literally nothing to fear. The two people voting for you are both seen as suss by many, so who knows! Scum trying to lead the vote away from Tithin? Could be.

I will have to wait till I get home - but it's mainly the fact that beet has been pretty aggressive (when he used to be such a chill guy) and has had to corrected too many times. Especially by TOML.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well now that FS has shown up, he sounds like he's making way more sense than Tithin. Has this affected your predictions, Gaspy? I'm up for moving my vote to Tithin since his stuff about all you 3 being all in cahoots, even the cop, was just impossible.

btw, I thought the "knowing about women" was some kind of ex joke. :v:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Well now that FS has shown up, he sounds like he's making way more sense than Tithin. Has this affected your predictions, Gaspy? I'm up for moving my vote to Tithin since his stuff about all you 3 being all in cahoots, even the cop, was just impossible.

Tithin is having a mini meltdown IMO.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm honestly suspicious of any and all actions you take Bif so do as you like. Tithin has had two modes this game, "completely wrong", and now apparently "utterly useless" so again, if town, it's sad but not the end of the world. His defense has been very scummy though, grasping at straws, wild situations, and going all "oh I don't even care, not going to try" along with parroting a lot of milky's phrases. So yeah, he could very well be scum, hoping to hit the same notes and play upon the potential newfound mercy of the players.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Asphyxious posted:

AGH. but then you keep doing THIS.

like the god drat golf clap, its a play designed to invoke solidarity in a game where such a thing cannot exist!

Ahh - I thought you were worried about me being "florid" and "prolix"

The thing is though I am town and I know TOML is town - so I do feel he is on my side :shrug:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

black_tangled posted:

Yeah this, FS has the luxury of time and distance, Tithin kind of got slapped in the face with the whole thing AND is having a poo poo time of things at the moment, so it could be less "faux milky play" and more "actual milky gently caress this".

That being said, that is EXACTLY the kind of doubt you'd want to play upon as scum.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

black_tangled posted:

I think Tithin's in a bad place and it's affecting his play, I find it difficult to read too much into his posts to be honest.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

The thing is though I am town and I know TOML is town - so I do feel he is on my side :shrug:

I'm worried about a lot of things with you FS but the main thing I'm rankled up about is I have no sources of data for you beyond this game so I'm having to scrutinise you heavily to get pretty well anything.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

I think Tithin's in a bad place and it's affecting his play, I find it difficult to read too much into his posts to be honest.

yeop.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

There is no sure bet scum. We have a lot of potential leads but nothing solid. If anyone wants to make claims one way or another this is the day to do it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Freudian Slip posted:

wait, how do you know toml is town?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

While I appreciate the thought, I really don't need or want any sympathy right now, because I'm liable to blow up.

Yeah, I'm having a lovely day but I genuinely think he's scum.

If you dudes think I'm scum for pushing it so hard, that's fine, this is the hill I'm willing to die on because I think it's extremely unlikely that the game setup would allow for a princess.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Avshalom posted:

wait, how do you know toml is town?

did you miss the copclaim entirely? WFD said he investigated TOML and Gaspy and got town for both.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

tithin posted:

If you dudes think I'm scum for pushing it so hard, that's fine, this is the hill I'm willing to die on because I think it's extremely unlikely that the game setup would allow for a princess.
If Asphyxious isn't a princess, my next bet is that he's mafia and was busdriven on the night that WFD did the investigation.

I still think it's more likely he's a princess.

If he weren't counselling me so hard against voting for Beet that's what I'd be doing.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

While I appreciate the thought, I really don't need or want any sympathy right now, because I'm liable to blow up.

Yeah, I'm having a lovely day but I genuinely think he's scum.

Look okay, but think. Assume, for a moment that it IS so. Then who? Who else? It's not me. I'm princess town. A lot of my confidence stemmed from having a lynch-resistant role as well as my fearsome intellect, if you can look around your misguided preconceptions then who's next?? Give us some place to look.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

There was some theorizing about WFD maybe being a naive cop, but FS has pointed out this would be kind of silly to have a godfather then, so he was presumably going off that data.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bifauxnen posted:

did you miss the copclaim entirely? WFD said he investigated TOML and Gaspy and got town for both.
but how do you know wfd is telling the truth?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Avshalom posted:

Because no one else has come out and said "That's bullshit, you're not a cop, I'm the cop."

There pretty much has to be a cop in this game because there's a Godfather - a class that is meaningless without a cop.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well if WFD is lying about being a cop, anyone else who really is a cop could come and counterclaim. This would force a 1-on-1 situation where one of them has to be lying scum. Not a smart idea for scum to bring this situation on themselves when it would be so quickly proven wrong by one of them getting lynched.

We pretty much have to have 1 town cop cause there's a godfather. If WFD is town but lying about his results, that is really counterproductive and I can't see any reason for it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

We've already been over this; why are you creating circular conversation instead of focusing on progress?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

We've already been over this; why are you creating circular conversation instead of focusing on progress?

Thoughts about leading a train on Avs instead?

I'm leaving for the airport in half an hour. Posting will be spotty after that.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

Look okay, but think. Assume, for a moment that it IS so. Then who? Who else? It's not me. I'm princess town. A lot of my confidence stemmed from having a lynch-resistant role as well as my fearsome intellect, if you can look around your misguided preconceptions then who's next?? Give us some place to look.

tithin posted:

So in order of most suspicious for me, there's two lots

2.1, TOML, Gaspy, WFD, IDK
2.2, Beet, Bif, Gaspy, IDK

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Avshalom posted:

I tried my best to imply that I had some sort of data. I kept calling out the noisy posters but never said anything about TOML because after N1 I knew he was town. I hadn't collected anything super worthwhile so didn't want to claim and then rely on a doctor I didn't even know we had. I wanted to try and do the same thing today with Asphyxious but things started getting carried away.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

Thoughts about leading a train on Avs instead?

I'm leaving for the airport in half an hour. Posting will be spotty after that.

Depends. We let Tithin live, whats he doing tomorrow? More of the same? Just going to keep giving up/doing nothing etc?

I think a train on Avs at some stage is a pretty solid idea, but I have a scratch in the back of my head that either Tithin or Bif is the key mafia player and if it IS tith, now is the time to do it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

That does it for me. If Tithin flipped town, I'd go hell for leather on Bif.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Depends. We let Tithin live, whats he doing tomorrow? More of the same? Just going to keep giving up/doing nothing etc?

I think a train on Avs at some stage is a pretty solid idea, but I have a scratch in the back of my head that either Tithin or Bif is the key mafia player and if it IS tith, now is the time to do it.

You can ask that same question about any of these people though:

Asphyxious posted:

Depends. We let Tithin Avs live, whats he doing tomorrow? More of the same?

Asphyxious posted:

Depends. We let Bif Avs live, whats he doing tomorrow? More of the same?

Lynching a player on the basis of "well they're not giving us anything" is what we did to Milky, and look how well that worked out.

One way or another tomorrow will be a new day with new information. There'll be a new nightkill (probably What's For Dinner) and potentially a new investigation result.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am straight-up going to accuse wfd and gaspy of being in cahoots here.

i think they're both scum

i think they either arranged for tirade to be turbo-lynched on the first day to get the shade off them or because he was genuinely being a pretty lovely scum player (roleplaying even after it was obvious it was going to get him lynched) who would do them more harm than good in the long run even though he was a godfather

and i think they decided on gaspy's ridiculous princess claim to stop him from getting lynched, while also preventing people from questioning why the scum weren't killing him despite his major role in the tirade lynching (because we can all see it would be far more valuable to scum to leave him alive and let him stir the other townspeople up into a frenzy with his insufferable smugposting until they all lynch each other, or finally get sick of him, lynch him anyway, and give scum two night moves)

and wfd roleclaimed cop to get the heat off him

absolutely nobody is suss on toml, including me, so wfd picked toml as a surefire town to back up his cop claim. why would he even investigate toml on the first night? why not gaspy or beet or bif or, like, anybody else? cops don't go around investigating people they're 99% sure are innocent. so by saying "hey i looked at toml and he's town", he's instantly got toml on side and toml is one of the best debaters in the game if wfd and gaspy need backup somewhere down the line

seriously, you people

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
##vote Asphyxious

and may the good lord judge me if i'm wrong

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i think they either arranged for tirade to be turbo-lynched on the first day to get the shade off them or because he was genuinely being a pretty lovely scum player (roleplaying even after it was obvious it was going to get him lynched) who would do them more harm than good in the long run even though he was a godfather

and i think they decided on gaspy's ridiculous princess claim to stop him from getting lynched, while also preventing people from questioning why the scum weren't killing him despite his major role in the tirade lynching (because we can all see it would be far more valuable to scum to leave him alive and let him stir the other townspeople up into a frenzy with his insufferable smugposting until they all lynch each other, or finally get sick of him, lynch him anyway, and give scum two night moves)

absolutely nobody is suss on toml, including me, so wfd picked toml as a surefire town to back up his cop claim. why would he even investigate toml on the first night? why not gaspy or beet or bif or, like, anybody else? cops don't go around investigating people they're 99% sure are innocent. so by saying "hey i looked at toml and he's town", he's instantly got toml on side and toml is one of the best debaters in the game if wfd and gaspy need backup somewhere down the line

seriously, you people

Um weren't people a bit suss on TOML after he lead the charge on Milky? And both bif and beet have routinely flogged him down a bit.

I think you're scum.

I'm comfortable saying that now.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Avshalom posted:

seriously, you people

The biggest problem you have here is this: If WFD isn't actually the cop, who is?

If Gaspy is mafia, I doubt WFD is also mafia. Much more likely WFD's investigation got busdriven.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Um weren't people a bit suss on TOML after he lead the charge on Milky?

Surprisingly, no, not really. I don't think I copped any flak for that.

Although it is a bit odd to say that no one is suss on TOML - up until today I've appeared on people's scum lists pretty regularly.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What if there is no cop and Mills is teaching us a lesson about data again?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

Surprisingly, no, not really. I don't think I copped any flak for that.

Although it is a bit odd to say that no one is suss on TOML - up until today I've appeared on people's scum lists pretty regularly.

Yeap. Intentionally flawed reasoning.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Asphyxious posted:

I have a scratch in the back of my head that either Tithin or Bif is the key mafia player and if it IS tith, now is the time to do it.

Asphyxious posted:

That does it for me. If Tithin flipped town, I'd go hell for leather on Bif.

But, if Tithin's not playing an aggressive game, and it's gotta be one or the other, why wouldn't you go Bif? Bif's still playing an active, engaged game and could easily put together a pretty good argument on lynching somebody.

The other person that's suddenly disappeared under the same guise is beet, and I'd really like to know why you aren't focusing on him as well.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Freudian Slip posted:

I am not a cop - so we can trust the cop claim at face value. I believe what's for dinner is confirmed town on this. Also the fact that the scum have a godfather I would also assume that what's for dinner is a sane cop - because what would be the point of a godfather?
This is good reasoning. I feel pretty comfortable thinking the cop is sane.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

whats for dinner posted:

But, if Tithin's not playing an aggressive game, and it's gotta be one or the other, why wouldn't you go Bif? Bif's still playing an active, engaged game and could easily put together a pretty good argument on lynching somebody.

The other person that's suddenly disappeared under the same guise is beet, and I'd really like to know why you aren't focusing on him as well.

I'm getting increasingly suspicious that your investigation of Asphyxious was busdriven.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have no idea who the cop is. there's been a few people who are far quieter than usual, it could be any of those. but it's highly unlikely that one of them would claim unless it was absolutely necessary - they're probably laying low to see what happens today, and if it looks like gaspy's trying to get a train started tomorrow, they'll step up and confess and take their nightkill like an abbott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

whats for dinner posted:

Because if Bif IS town thats a hell of a loving blow. I mean maybe they're both scum but something tells me otherwise.

Beet I have a tonne of reasons for thinking he's town, a lot of whats happened lines up with metadata as well as what I know of him as a person, as well as what's been happening in each day AS WELL AS etc etc. It's not "good mafia" but unless Beet has tightened his scum game dramatically in what, 1 day, he's probably town.

Time for the sig again.

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

G-Spot Run posted:

did you also hate it when gaspy said the same thing with more words?

• Locked thread