Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

My plane is about to take off. Will check in a bit later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah I'm shaking in my booties.
:bahgawd:

If copclaim didnt seem so valid you'd be getting revoted you varmint.

Bifauxnen posted:

I would never lie to you sweetie, of course I'm town. :v:

If you lie to me, you can forget about coming to the next goonmeet

:crossarms:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Kommando posted:

:bahgawd:

If copclaim didnt seem so valid you'd be getting revoted you varmint.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ugh

fart

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
faaaart

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I TEAR OFF MY SHIRT TO REVEAL A BREASTED NIGHTMARE

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
MY BUTTOCKS BEGIN TO UNDULATE AS THEY SPEAK IN THE TONGUES OF MEN. I AM ALIVE WITH SEXUAL ENERGY. MY CURVES ARE GILDED WITH A SULTRY SWEAT.

i begin to DANCE

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hi all you all gone Cray Cray.

Bif Kommando isn't bouncing around off people he's said twice now I'm a bad beet. He thinks I'm more suss than you.

Toml, I like how you accuse me of muddying the waters with corrupt cop. Or bus driver allegations, then take up the bus driver angle on gaspy, for a bit.

I think gaspy is suss as but i'm not gonna be able to convince anyone of that. Princess is a great defence against lynching and a great excuse for why he doesn't get night killed from here on.

All of you unwilling to lynch him no should consider this: when you're down to 6 players remaining would you happily be willing to risk testing the Princess claim then?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I WRITHE BEFORE YOU, NAKED IN MY MYRIAD WAYS

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
THE CURRENTS OF MY WOMANLY FLUIDS. THE JIGGLE OF MY TREMULOUS FLESH. A SOLID POO EMERGES FROM MY ANUS, MAHOGANY-BROWN AND SHAPED LIKE A CHINESE DRAGON. IT FLOWS AND FLOWS. AS THE LIFE FLOWS, THE POO FLOWS. I AM BLOSSOMING SEXUALLY, MY PENIS SPROUTING INTO A THOUSAND FLESHY PETALS, MY BREASTS AN UNBEARABLE CORNUCOPIA OF MYSTICAL PLEASURES.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
WITH AN ORGASMIC SCREAM I URINATE STRAIGHT UP INTO THE AIR.

THE PISS DROPLETS FALL AS ALLEN'S LOLLIES

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have always been naked

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Avshalom posted:

WITH AN ORGASMIC SCREAM I URINATE STRAIGHT UP INTO THE AIR.

THE PISS DROPLETS FALL AS ALLEN'S LOLLIES

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Hot.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Avshalom posted:

THE CURRENTS OF MY WOMANLY FLUIDS. THE JIGGLE OF MY TREMULOUS FLESH. A SOLID POO EMERGES FROM MY ANUS, MAHOGANY-BROWN AND SHAPED LIKE A CHINESE DRAGON. IT FLOWS AND FLOWS. AS THE LIFE FLOWS, THE POO FLOWS. I AM BLOSSOMING SEXUALLY, MY PENIS SPROUTING INTO A THOUSAND FLESHY PETALS, MY BREASTS AN UNBEARABLE CORNUCOPIA OF MYSTICAL PLEASURES.

most fun part of this game so far

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Matthew Beet posted:

I think gaspy is suss as but i'm not gonna be able to convince anyone of that. Princess is a great defence against lynching and a great excuse for why he doesn't get night killed from here on.

All of you unwilling to lynch him no should consider this: when you're down to 6 players remaining would you happily be willing to risk testing the Princess claim then?
god, i thought i was the only one. i feel like i'm pissing into the wind here, and it's kind of sad that all someone has to do to get out of a lynch is make an unsubstantiated roleclaim and everybody else will fall over themselves to back off

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

god, i thought i was the only one. i feel like i'm pissing into the wind here, and it's kind of sad that all someone has to do to get out of a lynch is make an unsubstantiated roleclaim and everybody else will fall over themselves to back off

שלא תדעו עוד צער

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
what i don't understand is why nobody else seems to think gaspy is suss. his play has been incredibly scummy, but because he helped lead the charge against tirade it's cleared him of all possible wrongdoing even though it could very easily have been engineered

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Avshalom posted:

what i don't understand is why nobody else seems to think gaspy is suss. his play has been incredibly scummy, but because he helped lead the charge against tirade it's cleared him of all possible wrongdoing even though it could very easily have been engineered

Everyone is paralysed about making the wrong decision. I don't know why. That's mafia!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Avshalom posted:

dunno if you've noticed but I've gone hard on him today for the exact reasons you've given.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
it'll be fun in the late stages of the game when there's so few town left that lynching a princess would be an insta-win for team scum, and everybody's 99% sure gaspy's bullshitting but you're all too craven to test him so he just picks you off one by one

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

whats for dinner posted:

yes, hello

D1 - TOML, successful, not scum
D2 - Asphyxious, successful, not scum

Just confirming your role is Cop?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Avshalom posted:

i'm not trying to confuse anyone. i genuinely believe that gaspy is making poo poo up to avoid getting lynched. the argument that wfd has to be a legitimate cop does hold more water than my original theory that there was a real cop still hiding, so maybe the busdriver theory is more likely. but the fact of the matter is that we had an incredibly, suicidally bad play by a godfather on the first day, led by a player who deliberately made a whole heap of loving noise about how his incredible investigative skills led to a charge on the most likely suspect. that same player spent the next few days casting around doubt and bullshit analyses that created far more confusion and false starts than i could ever dream of. then, when the townspeople turned on him, he claimed an incredibly rare role - one that almost always comes with a counterpoint who could have backed up his claim, but in this case, inexplicably and conveniently, doesn't - in a last-ditch effort to spare himself.

How does a bus driver make Asphyxious show as not scum?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and the only real justification for tirade's death being an accident is "oh scum would never be so stupid as to-", when scum have done extremely blatant stupid things and got away with them through sheer chutzpah in the last, like, three games running

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

For all the reasons listed im not keen on Phyx, and I railed against him early, even when he put on his tiara and pranced around. Its the claim that TOML and Phyx are town from WFD.

I've got my sights locked on Beet. But i have little to go on beyond gut feeling and ire.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

black_tangled posted:

Bus Driver switches peoples targets. If WFD targetted Gaspy, and that was a night that a bus driver targetted Gaspy and someone else, WFD was actually getting investigation results on whoever the bus drivers target was.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

black_tangled posted:

bus drivers switch two players. i think one of the players can be themselves (as that's what soag did to me last game.) so if a scum bus driver switched gaspy with a town player, and the cop investigated gaspy, they'd get a result as if they'd investigated the town player - i.e., innocent town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

Bus Driver switches peoples targets. If WFD targetted Gaspy, and that was a night that a bus driver targetted Gaspy and someone else, WFD was actually getting investigation results on whoever the bus drivers target was.

Yeah, like in the transformers game when Soag bussed himself and fruity, TOML was trying to investigate soag: instead he investigated fruity, but all you get back is "successful" and the alignment.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

It's not a bad theory and better than "TOML, Gaspy snd WFD pulled off this whole routine AND bussed their godfather for the ultimate scum touchdown play".

It's way more elegant.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

For all the reasons listed im not keen on Phyx, and I railed against him early, even when he put on his tiara and pranced around. Its the claim that TOML and Phyx are town from WFD.

I've got my sights locked on Beet. But i have little to go on beyond gut feeling and ire.

Duly noted.

How do you uh propose to convince others of my guilt? Gut feeling ain't gonna cut it champ. All you're doing is providing filler.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Avshalom posted:

bus drivers switch two players. i think one of the players can be themselves (as that's what soag did to me last game.) so if a scum bus driver switched gaspy with a town player, and the cop investigated gaspy, they'd get a result as if they'd investigated the town player - i.e., innocent town.

Oh, I thought it just meant that the person being investigated would be swapped. So you'd still know who the result was for you just wouldn't get the person you wanted.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Duly noted.

How do you uh propose to convince others of my guilt? Gut feeling ain't gonna cut it champ. All you're doing is providing filler.

Kommando has been pure filler and random vote flinging all game. He is currently my #1.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

black_tangled posted:

Oh, I thought it just meant that the person being investigated would be swapped. So you'd still know who the result was for you just wouldn't get the person you wanted.

Nah it's just "your target" or bus drivers would kinda suck.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Fixing a typo from above :

Anyhow we cant have bus driven kills and bus driven investigations on the same nights.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 12, 2015

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

black_tangled posted:

no, you wouldn't be told who the result was for. all you'd get was "your investigation was successful and your target is: town"

obviously the bus driver in this scenario would be scum. they'd swap gaspy with someone who was definitely town. while toml says he's had a bit of shade, i think he's had far less thrown his way than several others, and the suspicion has mostly been the early-days poo poo-flinging that always goes on

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i assumed from the start that toml was town. when i said wfd was a corrupt cop, i meant that he would fingat toml as town so that toml - who knows he's town - would think that he has insight, would believe his role claim, and would back it up, which would exonerate gaspy too. however, the bus driver thing makes a lot more sense than my theory, which does involve a lot of acrobatics

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Argh what the gently caress phone that was meant to be a quote not an edit!

Ahehehdhshshhs

Can anyone click back and copy paste that was totally unintentional

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You won't be able to quote it, but you should be able to copy paste if you're looking at it. I was trying to quote the part I hosed up due to autocorrect not edit!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

Bus driver is fine, but we dont have a role claim for bus driver.

So would that suggest bus driver would be scum?

Undeclared bus driver is a town liability, not an asset. Especially if they've hosed a cops results.

Other possibilities:

There is no bus driver, WFD and Gaspy are scum. WFD and Gaspy get a town ally by claiming (a safe claim) he has Investigated a townie, eg toml. Toml is of course going to believe WFD the and in turn gaspy.

All three are scum and a huge gambit.

None are scum, no investigations were bus driven, there is no bus driver.

Other thoughts: toml thought Mith was an odd target for a night kill, someone else thought small Keating was too. Could one of these been bus driven. It was odd to kill Tirade's hammer, he could have been made a suspect and lynched next day.

I can't remmeber what toml about Mith being an odd target? She we suspect or something? And could have been a viable lynch?

Anyhow we can talk have bus driven kills and bus driven investigations on the same nights.

So my conclusion is the scum team could just be really really stupid. Godfather day one, then two likely suspects for lynches night killed. That's not brilliant, though one was luckily the doctor, I think it's sheer stupidity.

Wait the person who pointed us directly at Tirade is a likely lynch based on town thinking she deliberately sacrificed the Godfather?

SK wasn't getting any heat at all, I would not have put him up as a likely lynch.

Those On My Left posted:

Thoughts:

1) If this game has roles, it's quite possible that there's a cop who did a N1 investigation and might want to share their results at some stage today.

2) Small Keating was most openly suss about Matthew Beet and Milky Moor.

3) Small Keating hammered the godfather.

4) Hammering the godfather basically confirmed Small Keating's status as town, and was probably night killed (a) as revenge, and (b) because scum didn't want an effectively confirmed townie loose (because town was more likely to listen to him in future). As such I doubt that he was killed because of who he suspected.

Those On My Left posted:

Thoughts:

1) A bit surprised I haven't already got Asphyxious/Beet/Bif's vote.

2) We've now had two nights and our cop is still alive.

3) Having gone back through Asphyxious' posts about Milky, he definitely did hedge, saying he wasn't 100% sure on Milky but also saying things like "I'm not advocating not voting for him" and "TOML is right, stay the course".

4) Lynching Mith is a weird scum play; we were openly wondering if Mith was scum in some bizarrely good high-risk scum strategy, and instead of leaving her around so we could distract ourselves with that, they resolved that issue for us. (That said, I don't think too many people were buying the Mith=scum theory, but AusPol town will convince itself of anything.)

5) Yesterday Anidav called Asphyxious out for promising some sort of effort post on Bif & FS and not delivering. Well, Asphyxious, now's your chance.

6) If not much has happened by about 10:30 or 11, I'll go with my gut on my first vote of the day.

I feel like you are willfully misrepresenting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Or I'll take a mod kill ruling. That's a huge gently caress up

• Locked thread