Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Freudian Slip posted:

I am still leaning against beet - its only that Kommando is so certain that makes me worry. What else have you got on Beets dude?

Answer: nothing. ##vote kommando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am leaning for Beet too but I'm equally as suss on Kommando.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey im happy you all to vote me.

Just make sure when you're all wringing hands tomorrow you remember exactly who I have repeatedly pointed out.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Matthew Beet posted:

Hey im happy you all to vote me.

Just make sure when you're all wringing hands tomorrow you remember exactly who I have repeatedly pointed out.
if you're so desperate to shift attention onto someone, why don't you vote?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Avshalom posted:

Oh I thought I did when I unvoted. My bad

##vote asphyxious

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Avshalom posted:

nah I'm not desperate to shift attention, if it takes me dying for the rest of town to realise all their assumptions to date are wrong and if by dying I help town to win, so be it.

At least I'm not gonna concoct some elaborate role claim like lynch bomb to try and defer it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'd really like to hear kommando's reasoning too, because at the moment it looks like he's just pulling a harold-level shitpost extravaganza to clog up the game by dropping in every hour or so to say "vote beet!", derail the conversation, and disappear. after his tantrum in the transformers game that ended up breaking votefinder, he's starting to look like not a great mafia player in general

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Avshalom posted:

i'd really like to hear kommando's reasoning too, because at the moment it looks like he's just pulling a harold-level shitpost extravaganza to clog up the game by dropping in every hour or so to say "vote beet!", derail the conversation, and disappear. after his tantrum in the transformers game that ended up breaking votefinder, he's starting to look like not a great mafia player in general

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

I've got my sights locked on Beet. But i have little to go on beyond gut feeling and ire.
:psyduck:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Avshalom posted:

well neither in kommando's defence or to target toml, but you'd want to apply this same logic to toml. He's constantly reminding people how he wants to vote for me, yet doesn't? Very white noise poo poo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh wait, he's gonna say im misrepresenting his post now because i didn't quote the 'he's not sure part'.

Good thing gaspy is here to tell toml what to do.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Matthew Beet posted:

well neither in kommando's defence or to target toml, but you'd want to apply this same logic to toml. He's constantly reminding people how he wants to vote for me, yet doesn't? Very white noise poo poo.

Eh, I did that today but held back the vote til now mostly because I have made some bad picks recently.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Matthew Beet posted:

i kind of just assumed toml always does that to you

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Freudian Slip posted:

Please show me where I asked someone to claim cop before Dinner claimed to be the cop?

Show me where else that I asked people to make role claims?

Where did I put emphasis on name claiming as an investigation method?

You suck at this game

Sorry Gaspy - that last bit was uncalled for. Had a long day at work.

Just want to say that you have plenty to be suss about me - my voting record and my spotty posting. You don't need to make stuff up - it will look scummy in other games when you arent princess peach

Sorry again - I don't like it when pkayers take the game too seriously

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

black_tangled posted:

Eh, I did that today but held back the vote til now mostly because I have made some bad picks recently.

ahh okay. Was he right when he said you'd vote for me too?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gaspy is always our beloved princess outside of mafia :allears:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Avshalom posted:

i kind of just assumed toml always does that to you

No, never in fact. Never ever, in fact!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Matthew Beet posted:

No, never in fact. Never ever, in fact!

There's a reason he's not off my suss list till we can verify the cop claims.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

Sorry Gaspy - that last bit was uncalled for. Had a long day at work.

Just want to say that you have plenty to be suss about me - my voting record and my spotty posting. You don't need to make stuff up - it will look scummy in other games when you arent princess peach

Sorry again - I don't like it when pkayers take the game too seriously

Sorry, is gaspy making things up? Where?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando does seem to be homing in more strongly on Beet lately, so that is a thorn in the side of my Avs-Beet-Kommando vs Gaspy theory. There's room to swap one of them out rather than keeping them as a unit, but I think those 3 are each the most suss if it turns out the big conspiracy theory on Gaspy is wrong. I think Kommando just retreated thinking a Gaspy vote was never going to realistically get off the ground, or doesn't want to take the heat for it as one of the main promoters if Gaspy flips as the princess after all.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

Sorry, is gaspy making things up? Where?

I feel like a lot of FS's effort posts have calls for role claims, happy to be wrong. They're not overt but if you're decent they don't have to be.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

OK - so we are going around in circles again around the cop claim.

Let me go deeper so we get past this.

So far no one else has claimed cop - so we have to take it that Dinner is really the cop.

Since there was a godfather, one would have to assume that the cop was sane, otherwise why a godfather? (yes Mills could be a dick here but very unlikely)

So the only way that the Gaspy and TOML are wrong is if they were bus driven. I know some of you are thinking of a power blocker - in that case Dinner wouldn't have got the successful message. So that leaves only the bus driver

I find it unlikely that Mills would give the Mafia a busdriver as well as a godfather. The godfather already messes with investigations, why do they need a second. This also assumes that the bus driver would have to be mafia as a town bus driver would have already said "sorry my bad"

Even if there was a bus driver, the chances that the messed with the right people on the right night seems pretty low to me as well.

So I can say I am pretty confident that TOML, Gaspy and Dinner are town.

Is there any issue with this logic so far?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Freudian Slip posted:

Is there any issue with this logic so far?

Not for me. Carry on.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think the princess role makes Gaspy lynchproof given how it's been used. A bus driver is a similar style of disruption. It's entirely possible Mills was giving the princess role out without a guard, guessing it would be used the same way Gaspy is using it. Or similar.

No roles have been blocked so a roleblocker is less likely as it stands.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

black_tangled posted:

Not for me. Carry on.

Same

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Freudian Slip posted:

So the only way that the Gaspy and TOML are wrong is if they were bus driven. I know some of you are thinking of a power blocker - in that case Dinner wouldn't have got the successful message. So that leaves only the bus driver

i don't suspect toml. i don't think toml is involved. i think gaspy is working by himself and toml is town

quote:

I find it unlikely that Mills would give the Mafia a busdriver as well as a godfather. The godfather already messes with investigations, why do they need a second. This also assumes that the bus driver would have to be mafia as a town bus driver would have already said "sorry my bad"
it's also very unlikely that mills would give town a princess with nothing to balance it out. i'd say that mafia having both a godfather and a bus driver is more likely, in fact, and probably less damaging for town.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
we keep saying "mills would never..." but there's two possibilities here and both of them are things that a nice benevolent games master would never do. on one hand, an unprotected princess; on the other, a mafia with both a godfather and a bus driver. i think it's safe to assume that mills is a dick.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

About to go to dinner, not sure I'll be back before hammer

Not voting Beet because it looks like besides BT no one will follow (also I am still not 100% sure)

I'm already voting for beet. Whos presiding over the events as some sort of grand visier, but then makes sure to profess he is humbly ignorant of any hard evidence, people talk of Beet mentoring people which only serves to futher his image as puppetmaster, seeing how you directed matters in the Greens game i can see him doing a similar thing. All wishywashy. +++

If it weren't for WFD going out on a limb and saying Phyx was town, then hinting, then outright telling people he is a cop (likely undefended) that i'd be calling Phyxs princess bluff and running a dogpile on someone who really does not deserve to be in this cabinet.
Such antagonistic, selfish and glorified gibbering is doing no end of harm to the town, if he really is town and WFD can be trusted to be telling the truth and is shooting straight. ++

For that matter, TOML has not really raised suspicion and is exonerated by WFD (if thats worth anything). ---
Bif is a wild card and i'll probably never trust her. +++
Freudian Slip flies low and so has not a lot to go on, but that might be a perfect hiding strategy for a scum team, a sleeper/worker agent. +
Anidav has not kicked any land mines and so may have leaned from his first few games of Mafia to lay low and look innocent. Or he may be utterly ignorant of anything and is as confused as most of us seem.
Tithin's defeatist attitude and certainty of inevitable deliverance at his eventual death reads precisely like Milkys, and seems heartfelt and genuine, im pretty convinced he has no role or friends.
b_t says im the top of her poo poo list for being directionless, and i profess i poke bears to get a reaction, see who jumps to whos aid, but Auspol plays very differently to the previous mafia groups i've played with. Auspol games feature rare roles, scum who are eager to bus their mates and town who spend all their time arguing about superpowers rather than actually analysing posts. She seems a bit of a black widow, and im wary about her. ++
Avshalom is a ++ scum possibility, but amused me with her break and talk of breasts. However raises suspicion with talk of Bussing and conspiracies, roles i suspect Mills wouldnt include as he likes a non-chaotic game from past experience.

Analysis of voting data should be done.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I sure hope Freudian slip gets somewhere with his argument soon as we only have NINETEEN NINETEEN LEFT

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Avshalom posted:

it's also very unlikely that mills would give town a princess with nothing to balance it out. i'd say that mafia having both a godfather and a bus driver is more likely, in fact, and probably less damaging for town.

As I have said before - the princess is a bad thing for the town. It has no benefit, if it triggers its horrible for the town. A scum bus driver on the other hand would be very powerful

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Freudian Slip posted:

As I have said before - the princess is a bad thing for the town. It has no benefit, if it triggers its horrible for the town. A scum bus driver on the other hand would be very powerful
yes, so, both possibilities would be very bad for the town

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i guess that what it really comes down to is, do you want to take the chance of getting down to the wire, having six players, one of them gaspy, and an unspecified number of scum remaining, and having to toss up then whether or not to lynch him when doing so is basically a sudden-death condition for both teams?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

#1 - gently caress bus drivers
#2 - gently caress Beloved Princesses
#3 - I'm sticking to my vote

if he is a beloved princess, Mills is a dick for putting the role in without a check / balance

if he is, we're hosed either way, because beloveds trigger on death - not just lynch, so we'd be down a day phase anyway

if he's not and town, he's an arse for lying to us, and it's on his own head

If he's not and scum, we have someone who's stuck their neck out both for him, and our next target

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

I sure hope Freudian slip gets somewhere with his argument soon as we only have NINETEEN NINETEEN LEFT

As someone who is still voting for Gaspy, what is wrong with my argument?

The only vote I can make at the moment that may succeed is AV at the moment and I am not sure about her

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

tithin posted:

if he is, we're hosed either way, because beloveds trigger on death - not just lynch, so we'd be down a day phase anyway
wait, really?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Wed and Thursday are games nights so i've been occupied after work prepping, Shadeoses and the crew turned up early last night so i dropped off right after leaving work, tonight is Battletech and I should be leaving, but food is still in the oven and I feel its necessary i actually try to formulate a cohesive list of whos what in the game and my reasonings. Gut feeling is dumb in the long run and i've been focussing more on work and running the Headspace GC today than looking for tells.
I know it feels like everyone is saying "AFK work" or "AFK driving". But hey. We have other commitments.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

I'm already voting for beet. Whos presiding over the events as some sort of grand visier, but then makes sure to profess he is humbly ignorant of any hard evidence, people talk of Beet mentoring people which only serves to futher his image as puppetmaster, seeing how you directed matters in the Greens game i can see him doing a similar thing. All wishywashy. +++

Bullshit no hard evidence. I've pushed hard on gaspy since the start of the game and brought up every inconsistency in his behaviour until I couldn't be bothered no more.

I've not bothered with any mentoring or lecturing this game so I really don't know where this is coming from or what the gently caress you're on about.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Avshalom posted:

wait, really?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Beloved_Princess posted:

A Beloved Princess is a player who, upon death, causes the next Day phase to be skipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

As someone who is still voting for Gaspy, what is wrong with my argument?

The only vote I can make at the moment that may succeed is AV at the moment and I am not sure about her

Oh I thought you had more to say.

• Locked thread