Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
CLYDE PAINTING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

inklesspen posted:

CLYDE PAINTING
Hey, he wanted to do it

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Part of me is glad the writers love Clyde as much as we do, but part of me thinks the scene would have been even better if Joan never called attention to Clyde at all.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

ashpanash posted:

Part of me is glad the writers love Clyde as much as we do, but part of me thinks the scene would have been even better if Joan never called attention to Clyde at all.

You can't walk in on that situation and not say something about it, though. "Hey Sherlock I wa- wtf why is Clyde painting?"

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I am going to be sorely disappointed if Clyde's work doesn't appear in future episodes.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

hollylolly posted:

You can't walk in on that situation and not say something about it, though. "Hey Sherlock I wa- wtf why is Clyde painting?"

Maybe. I guess my mind was so enamored with the idea that Sherlock doing weird poo poo with Clyde is just standard issue, so they'd both ignore it. After all, all you really need is the camera to linger on Clyde for a while to sell the moment, it doesn't need to be lampshaded.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Nah, I kinda like that even Joan (inarguably Sherlock's BFFL) is still thrown off by some of the antics he—and subsequently Clyde—gets into.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

bubblelubble posted:

Nah, I kinda like that even Joan (inarguably Sherlock's BFFL) is still thrown off by some of the antics he—and subsequently Clyde—gets into.

Clyde:

I'm a shark!

I'm an ambulance!

I'm an abstract artist!

(I couldn't find an image via GIS and I don't feel like trawling tumblr for it)

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

I'm an abstract artist!

I'm all sorts of help!

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 10, 2015

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

bubblelubble posted:

Sooner or later they'll have to acknowledge Clyde as an integral part of the investigative team, and they're just going to have to deal with his idiosyncrasies.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'm a sadist!

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
There needs to be a separate thread just for Clyde GIFs.

Possible title: Elementary's Clyde the tortoise GIF thread - "He wanted to do it."

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
turn this into that thread

it beats complaining about watson or gregson explaining things to the audience

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why are there so many scenes of Watson in bed and Sherlock waking her up

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

Why are there so many scenes of Watson in bed and Sherlock waking her up

It's a running joke.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
It's the best joke. Just imagine Sherlock is a puppydawg waiting for his owner (Joan) to wake up and play with him. He even sometimes brings her gifts in the form of pretty clothes or costumed tortoises

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Best one:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: this is new tonight or something :siren:

:eng99: op fail, sorry :lol:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's always cool when they film at a location I'm familiar enough with to know exactly where they are. :3:

E: I love when Elementary goes for the bizarre like resurrecting extinct animals.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 13, 2015

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Joan really enjoying waking Sherlock up abruptly was glorious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Joan's attitude at the end there creeped me out more than Moriarty stepping in.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Sherlock gets mad that people are rude on message boards. This show relates to me on many deep levels.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Now that right there was great Elementary. Not the transcendent heights this show has gone to at its greatest moments, but still an excellent episode in every category.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

Seconding this.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Annakie posted:

Joan really enjoying waking Sherlock up abruptly was glorious.

This with the Marcus team up was pretty good.

Regy Rusty posted:

Looks like Joan is on track for a mental breakdown by the end of the season.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I did not expect Elementary to become the favourite out of my current rotation of shows, but it has.

Not one, but two waking up gags - it's as if the writers live among us goons :aaaaa: And Moriarty's brief return and the Sherlock/Marcus team-up and Sherlock attempting to be normal as he couch-sat with Joan!

So much satisfaction, and there was not one Clyde appearance. Holy gently caress this show :swoon:

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 13, 2015

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

This episode was soooo good. Marcus and Sherlock team up? Moriarty enters the fray? Cute de-extinct baby animals?

"It isn't my world. It's our world."

Poor Joan. :( she needs a good cry.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Looks like Joan is on track for a mental breakdown by the end of the season.

I got this vibe too. Sherlock knows she's unstable, but he'll let her back anyway because he wants to believe he can save her, but mostly because he hasn't figured out how to move on either. It'll be interesting to see what happens to her in the next few weeks.

I also liked the case of the week a lot. Felt very Sherlock Holmes-y. It was good to see Bell finally get something to do this season. I'm also glad they resolved that poisoning angle quickly. I actually needed the flashback this time to remind me who that villain was (still couldn't remember anything else from that episode). She was boring, so I'm glad Moriarty disposed of her and opened the door for something more interesting for the second half of the season.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah that definitely seemed intentional. It's a really clever twist on the original premise of the show when you think about it: we now have an emotionally unstable Joan who is going to use the work as a way of dealing with a traumatic personal loss, and Sherlock there as her (relatively) stable companion. I think it's a neat direction to go in and a nice save from what I thought was a rather heavy-handed and convenient revenge plot. Show's so drat good :allears:

Oh and holy poo poo Moriarty :stare:

VDay fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 13, 2015

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, my favorite part was Moriarty's "dear Joan. You and Sherlock are still my toys, and I did not give that woman permission to play with you, so I dealt with her. Also, sorry about your boyfriend. Toodles.' letter.

I wonder if we're also supposed to get 'Moriarty can reach out and start her and Sherlock's game again any time she wants, and if being in maximum lockup can't stop her...' from the letter.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The Deus ex Moriarty caught me off guard. Also, Watson's mental health :ohdear: !

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 13, 2015

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
Oh, poor Watson. That steely-eyed resolved at the end doesn't bode well.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

hollylolly posted:

This episode was soooo good. Marcus and Sherlock team up? Moriarty enters the fray? Cute de-extinct baby animals?

"It isn't my world. It's our world."

Poor Joan. :( she needs a good cry.

I love that Elementary understands that a villain like Moriarty is best used sparingly. Thus far we've had six appearances by Natalie Dormer as Moriarty. Two were voiceovers. One she appeared as Irene briefly at the end of an episode. The next episode she mostly spent as Irene. There's only been two episodes where she appears onscreen as Moriarty for any length of time, "Heroine" and "The Diabolical Kind."

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Accretionist posted:

The Deus ex Moriarty caught me off guard. Also, Watson's mental health :ohdear: !

You meant Moriarty ex Machina right? because 'God from Moriarty' makes no sense.

Did anyone else get the impression that Sherlock just really, really likes saying the word 'quagga'?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I just loved it every time he said "zeh-bra"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VDay posted:

Yeah that definitely seemed intentional. It's a really clever twist on the original premise of the show when you think about it: we now have an emotionally unstable Joan who is going to use the work as a way of dealing with a traumatic personal loss, and Sherlock there as her (relatively) stable companion. I think it's a neat direction to go in and a nice save from what I thought was a rather heavy-handed and convenient revenge plot. Show's so drat good :allears:

Oh and holy poo poo Moriarty :stare:

Totally intentional. The reaction to her returning to the brownstone is definitely not supposed to be "Yay Watson's back! :3:"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Accretionist posted:

Moriarty ex Claustrum

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
I honestly thought the whole March vs Watson revenge thing was going to be the running plot for the back half of the season so I got caught off guard by the ending. But of course it makes sense for this show, it has always preferred internal demons rather than criminals as the arch villain of choice for its characters.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

:golfclap: You did good

• Locked thread