Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Were they as anime in the game as every single one of the mods that adds them in?

Not really:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Whizbang posted:

Where's our Imga game Bethesda?

Had no clue this mod existed, this is some impressive poo poo.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SunAndSpring posted:

I like how most Khajiit lore is just them sitting around and getting high while making fun of the elves and humans for not getting it, man, and that the best part is that they're probably actually on to something meaningful.

I'd still play the Elsweyr Elder Scrolls game where this was the premise - the main storyline would actually be like an 80s buddy cop movie (or action movie depending on your playstyle)

e: or anime movie if you use mods

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I just want the next elder scrolls to let you play as a Mane..

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Can someone remind me how storage works in Morrowind? I don't remember the rules as far as what chests are safe and not.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

K8.0 posted:

Can someone remind me how storage works in Morrowind? I don't remember the rules as far as what chests are safe and not.

The vast majority of chests are safe, except for the obviously respawning ones like the guild supply chests. Also, many containers have a weight limit. Dead bodies do not, but they often get removed. Hlaalu Manor in Balmora has a body that isn't removed, and thus a popular place to store your poo poo.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Mzbundifund posted:

There's only one at a time though and then you'd have to play ES VII: Cat Herding.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Man, the Bethesda news is everywhere now.

Hopefully they man up and decide to give us a 64-bit engine so we can go crazy with mods in the future and not have to worry about that 3.1 GB memory limit.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Scyantific posted:

Man, the Bethesda news is everywhere now.

Hopefully they man up and decide to give us a 64-bit engine so we can go crazy with mods in the future and not have to worry about that 3.1 GB memory limit.

I can't fathom that they wouldn't at this point, but... Bethesda, man. Who even knows?

I want a game that tosses out all playable races so far except Dunmer and beasts, and gives us playable Maormer, Lilmothiit, Inga, Sloads, Akaviri races, and Hist trees. Don't care that the last ones can't move, just hang out being a bro with your lizard buddies, invite the catmans over to chill too, gently caress the guards eat hist/drink skooma erry day.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Thanks!

And wow, this site is a goldmine!

Check out this great outfit I found:

So glad that one wasn't lost to the mists of the internet. :)

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Mzbundifund posted:

I want Elderscrolls VI: Elsweyr now so I can best buddies with the wookie catpope.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

OneDeadman posted:

I want Elderscrolls VI: Elsweyr now so I can best buddies with the wookie catpope.

"Last time you were the dragonborn, now lets go see what's going on elsweyr"

The people who named that land Elsweyr were probably on skooma something fierce.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

quote:

Kier-jo thinks it is very much like a thing an Elder Way-warder would say.

"The Weakest Souls, called Men, will bring Sithis into every Quarter."

"The Worshippers of the Unnamed Lord, know as 'Argonians' on Nirni, are the Descendents of Boethiah and the Serpent-men."

"The Khajiit, created as Servants by the Aldmer, Rebelled against the Natural Order and Conspired with the Doom Drum to End the Merethic Era."

Kier-jo hears it all before.

Tiber Septim was seen in more than one part of Tamriel at the same time and you are content.
Stormcrown was a Breton, no a Nord, no an Atmoran, and you sit and play in the sand.
A numidium rises in the West and does Eight Things for the Psijics and you do not question.
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.
You read the words of the Sermon, but you are blind to the truths between them.
The darkness is reborn, crowned and conquering, and you pull the covers tighter and sleep.

When will you realize what happened to the Dwarves?

When will you Wake from the Elven Lie that all Men believe?
:catdrugs:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

There's only one at a time though and then you'd have to play ES VII: Cat Herding.

I wouldn't have to. I'd get to.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

OneDeadman posted:

My dream TES:VI game would be "Dominion" and cover Elsweyr, Vallenwood and the Summerset Isles.

Its possible! If you look at a map of Tamriel, all 3 provinces together are slightly larger than Skyrim.

Rather amazingly, with the exception of Daggerfall and Arena, Bethesda has done an amazing job of actually making the various provinces (Cyrodil, Vvardenfall, Skyrim) the correct size in relation to one another from game to game. The cells actually match. Its pretty impressive.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Snuffman posted:

My dream TES:VI game would be "Dominion" and cover Elsweyr, Vallenwood and the Summerset Isles.

This is everyone's dream. This is what the people want. Bethesda should just do a kickstarter at this point, you know drat well we'd all happily pay them to make the game and then pay them more to let us play the game and then grumble a little but still pay them even more for a pack of new fur patterns for our Khajiits or whatever. The franchise is basically a license to print money, I don't know why they don't take more advantage of that fact.

It bugs me a little that it's been years since Skyrim and no one's heard a peep about TESVI....

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I'm pretty sure I read that B's plan is to alternate between releasing Fallout and TES games.

So I think it's unlikely we'll hear about TESVI until Fallout 4 is out, although it may be close to release at that point.

Unless they decide to revisit a province they only have the weird and interesting left. :getin: I guess the least interesting would be Hammerfell, and that would still be great.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Wonder how big a timejump we'll be looking at for the next game? Hopefully the Thalmor are still in their current state etc.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
There's still High Rock too, which could be an interesting take on the standard fantasy setting with all its warring independent lords. looking at the sizes I'd like to see high rock and hammerfell together in the same game. Maybe with ships to sail around the iliac bay

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Snuffman posted:

DLC set in Akavir.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

There's still High Rock too, which could be an interesting take on the standard fantasy setting with all its warring independent lords. looking at the sizes I'd like to see high rock and hammerfell together in the same game. Maybe with ships to sail around the iliac bay

My friend, have you ever heard of the game called Daggerfall? :D

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Unless they decide to revisit a province they only have the weird and interesting left. :getin: I guess the least interesting would be Hammerfell, and that would still be great.

Weird and interesting like Cyrodiil's jungles and crazy blind moth priests you mean?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Good thing we have ESO to codify Black Marsh, Hammerfell, etc as... second rate D&D campaign settings :negative:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

Good thing we have ESO to codify Black Marsh, Hammerfell, etc as... second rate D&D campaign settings :negative:

Not sure what else you were expecting.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Snuffman posted:

I'd put money on the next game being Dominion. They've done such a good job with the Thalmor; everybody hates them and they are an existential threat, but they still feel believable and are far more interesting than some evil ancient god awakening again.

I expect Hammerfell and High Rock will be the location though.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

I expect Hammerfell and High Rock will be the location though.

Daggerfall. Is a thing. You know.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Strategic Tea posted:

Black Marsh was alright, I'm not sure what you were expecting. I mean, there's no travel system of underground tunnels and you're riding around in a giant snakes belly, but it had shapeshifting elves and undead Kothringi, giant Aztec pyramids and you're often having to take a lot of :treedrugs:, and that's just kind of the cusp of Black Marsh that was practically controlled by the Dunmer up until recently.

edit: same goes for Hammerfell, its basically Arabian Nights like it was in Daggerfall.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Black Marsh was alright, I'm not sure what you were expecting. I mean, there's no travel system of underground tunnels and you're riding around in a giant snakes belly, but it had shapeshifting elves and undead Kothringi, giant Aztec pyramids and you're often having to take a lot of :treedrugs:, and that's just kind of the cusp of Black Marsh that was practically controlled by the Dunmer up until recently.

edit: same goes for Hammerfell, its basically Arabian Nights like it was in Daggerfall.
Yeah, Black Marsh and especially the Alik'r Desert are two areas that I do like in ESO: the game has some issues mainly related to the fact that it's an MMO, but I'll be honest, I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it actually is.

Hopefully, though, an actual Elder Scrolls title set in the more unique provinces like Black Marsh will have a lot more elements taken from the Lore.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Moryrie posted:

Daggerfall. Is a thing. You know.

And Solstheim's been used twice now. They reuse stuff, you know. Hammerfell and Highrock are the remaining areas that aren't batshit crazy in their ecology.

Well, Elsweyr also has a relatively tame landscape but I doubt they're gonna have a main game full of cats.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Col. Roy Campbell posted:

And Solstheim's been used twice now. They reuse stuff, you know. Hammerfell and Highrock are the remaining areas that aren't batshit crazy in their ecology.

Well, Elsweyr also has a relatively tame landscape but I doubt they're gonna have a main game full of cats.

Solstheim has only been used in DLC. They've only completely re-used areas in ESO (or Arena).

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I remember someone saying how they wanted to remake one of the bigger Daggerfall cities like Sentinel in Skyrim, so I was hoping they would release a Sentinel DLC or something.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sentinel is a Hammerfell city, fyi.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

I remember rumors floated around about Dragonstar, which is a city that during Oblivion's time was split in two between occupying Nords and the native Redguards, after the War of the Bend'r-mahk. Of course, that situation was probably resolved during the 200 years between Oblivion and Skyrim.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Sky Shadowing posted:

My friend, have you ever heard of the game called Daggerfall? :D

Yes but come on no one plays Daggerfall now. I always just write that and Arena off when discussing the series.

I honestly think it's a given that we'll get Hammerfell. They can do it justice with current technology, and the whole plot of it seceding from the empire to keep fighting the Thalmor would make a solid narrative foundation.

I would love to see the Summerset Isles, mind.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Each Elder Scrolls game is about deactivating one of the towers. If they set a game in Hammerfell, that means the player would need to deactive Direnni Tower, which means we would get to somehow undo Convention. Which would be really weird.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Whizbang posted:

Each Elder Scrolls game is about deactivating one of the towers. If they set a game in Hammerfell, that means the player would need to deactive Direnni Tower, which means we would get to somehow undo Convention. Which would be really weird.

I really wish I understood what any of that meant.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

LoonShia posted:

I thought I was vaguely up on my ES lore and frankly I'm baffled.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The towers are metaphysical anchors that keeps the world intact and also [kirkbridian babble continues for several pages].

Here's a few links :v:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Towers
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Towers

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

LoonShia posted:

Hoo boy, okay, let's see if I can get this right, it's mostly MK lore so it's not my specialty...

In Tamriel there are certain "structures" that serve as anchors of Nirn, of sorts. They are Ada-Mantia, the Adamantine Tower in High Rock on the Isle of Balifera, Crystal-Like-Law, the Crystal Tower, in Summerset, Green-Sap, Falinesti in Valenwood, Snow-Throat, The Throat of the World in Skyrim, the Red Tower, Red Mountain in Morrowind, and White-Gold in Cyrodiil, which needs no additional clarification, I think. Also Walk-Brass, the Numidium.

Basically, each of them are responsible for holding Nirn together, and separate from Oblivion. Each is generally regarded to have a Stone, which may or may not always be a physical object. White-Gold has the Chim-el Adabal, the Amulet of Kings. Red Mountain had the Heart of Lorkhan. Snow-Throat, I believe, had the 'unity' of the Nords, which was broken by the Civil War in Skyrim.

One of the popular ideas is that each of the games since Daggerfall has ended with the 'deactivation' of a Tower, which is destabilizing the Mundus and threatening to dissolve it. Daggerfall ends with the destruction of the Numidium, in Morrowind you free the Heart of Lorkhan, Cyrodiil features the destruction of the Amulet of Kings, etc. So basically with each Tower that falls Nirn de-stabilizes. The reason Dagon was actually able to invade in the Oblivion Crisis, when Oblivion's lore presented him as being able to invade whenever the Dragonfires were not lit (which, it should be noted, was the case during the vast majority of the Second Era) was that there were still enough Towers present (Numidium, Red Mountain) to keep that from happening. Then when they go down, the Mythic Dawn deactivate White-Gold, which destabilized enough that Dagon was free to invade.

And the deactivation of Snow-Throat allowed Alduin to return.

It's not a perfect theory, and I probably don't understand it entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

I believe, had the 'unity' of the Nords, which was broken by the Civil War in Skyrim.

The power was inside you all along!