Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So the update in Immortals fixed the ghost opponents, but did it nerf Bryan's insane 2nd signature move? I have about 85,000 and I'm wondering if I should spend it on upgrades or go for a discounted gold pack and hopefully get him.

However, I've bought five gold packs so far. Four of those were lumberjack Big Show. At least he's Legendary III now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So the update in Immortals fixed the ghost opponents, but did it nerf Bryan's insane 2nd signature move?

I don't think so. I still do huge damage to opponents when I use it.

quote:

However, I've bought five gold packs so far. Four of those were lumberjack Big Show. At least he's Legendary III now.

I've managed to get at least one of everyone, but the game now seems to think I should only get Bryans and Trishes (which isn't too bad, since they're now Legendary VI and V respectively).

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

So the update in Immortals fixed the ghost opponents, but did it nerf Bryan's insane 2nd signature move? I have about 85,000 and I'm wondering if I should spend it on upgrades or go for a discounted gold pack and hopefully get him.

It did not nerf Bryan.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Fumaofthelake posted:

I see a fair amount of talk about TEW2013, but can anyone speak to Wrestling Spirit? I'm most interested in 3 specifically, but any info would be useful.
Have you played a roguelike with combat? It's sort of like that. It's exclusively in-ring and it's turn-based in a sort of more complex rock-paper-scissors system - for example, your opponent hits you with a suplex, and then you can roll out of the way or try to reverse their next move from the ground or try to get up, and there are actions that they can take that will negate your action, result in no effect on either of you, or cause you to be stunned (giving them an extra turn). The purpose is more or less to stunlock your opponent and keep hitting moves.

One thing about the game, at least as I played it, is that it's kind of a spotfest - it's not clear exactly what you need to do to pin someone. They have overall stamina and limb damage, but you can completely drain their stamina and body condition with moves, hit your finisher three times in a row, and they'll still kick out of a pin easily. Pinning is determined by rolling chance on percentile and it's not clear how to boost your odds. The one time I played, I destroyed my opponent methodically in every visible way but according to the output, my chance of getting a 3-count was somewhere around 2-5%. Naturally even in their near-death state my inability to pin my opponent allowed them to wear me down and go over me after a long slugfest. I wouldn't call it a fun game.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Have you played a roguelike with combat? It's sort of like that. It's exclusively in-ring and it's turn-based in a sort of more complex rock-paper-scissors system - for example, your opponent hits you with a suplex, and then you can roll out of the way or try to reverse their next move from the ground or try to get up, and there are actions that they can take that will negate your action, result in no effect on either of you, or cause you to be stunned (giving them an extra turn). The purpose is more or less to stunlock your opponent and keep hitting moves.

One thing about the game, at least as I played it, is that it's kind of a spotfest - it's not clear exactly what you need to do to pin someone. They have overall stamina and limb damage, but you can completely drain their stamina and body condition with moves, hit your finisher three times in a row, and they'll still kick out of a pin easily. Pinning is determined by rolling chance on percentile and it's not clear how to boost your odds. The one time I played, I destroyed my opponent methodically in every visible way but according to the output, my chance of getting a 3-count was somewhere around 2-5%. Naturally even in their near-death state my inability to pin my opponent allowed them to wear me down and go over me after a long slugfest. I wouldn't call it a fun game.

That sounds kind of lovely and 100% not what I thought the game would be like based on the description on the website so thanks very much for the info. Saved me some cash.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I've only played the WS demos a couple times so maybe it has more depth than I think it does - I always thought it would make a good-rear end app or browser game, hard to justify $30 or whatever though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fat Lowtax posted:

I've only played the WS demos a couple times so maybe it has more depth than I think it does - I always thought it would make a good-rear end app or browser game, hard to justify $30 or whatever though.

I really wish there was more than just one person making these wrestling sims,, but I guess I should be thankful he is even still doing it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
For Immortals I need a Cena to finish the CyBrock challenge. I'll probably never get it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just buy a silver, it's only like 40k

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Yeah, I guess that'd work. I've got a LumberShow and NecroTaker in the high 20s.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Sigh I really suck at TEW. I can't keep a National company going, I always eventually fall to Cult. My most recent one was WCW, I think I need to lean more heavily on Hulk Hogan promos that are guaranteed 90+ ratings

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

:confused:

There's literally a Calculation page after every move that tells you exactly what was calculated, how it was calculated, what the dice rolled and what the end result was. Pinning odds are tied almost exclusively to the last move you hit with +/- modifiers based on damage, fatigue and momentum.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Sigh I really suck at TEW. I can't keep a National company going, I always eventually fall to Cult. My most recent one was WCW, I think I need to lean more heavily on Hulk Hogan promos that are guaranteed 90+ ratings
Yep, mainstream feds more or less compel you to lean on your top workers. Getting undercard workers over in a popularity-based fed is the primary challenge of TEW. The least risky thing to do is pull a WCW and keep your top guys strong at the expense of everyone else.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Well, going to the 2nd version of this Brock Lesnar challenge is bullshit. The silvers in the bronze only level are really goddamn ridiculous looks like i hit the pay-wall

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I just paid the 5k to skip that bs.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
man I really want to play TEW because I used to love the older one, but drat it's 35 bucks? Isn't that a little much for a text game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sorry.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The_Rob posted:

man I really want to play TEW because I used to love the older one, but drat it's 35 bucks? Isn't that a little much for a text game.
It's basically a statistical analysis package, right down to the single-PC license DRM.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
For people who are also dumb and still playing supercard, here's a spreadsheet to keep track of what cards you have/haven't collected since the UI for it in-game sucks hard (file -> make a copy to get a personal editable version)

Number by the label at the top is how many cards total there are, the zeroes below it are how many cards you've collected in that category total, copy names from one column to a different one to keep track

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I got a gold Roman Reigns. I feel like Charlie Brown wearing a sheet over his head.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

The_Rob posted:

It's hard to say. I've played more TEW than any other game so I'd say I've gotten $35 of fun out of it.

05 is free though, and you can try a demo of the newer one if you want.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

I got a gold Roman Reigns. I feel like Charlie Brown wearing a sheet over his head.

I thought we established Roman Reigns isn't The Rock.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The Bee posted:

I thought we established Roman Reigns isn't The Rock.

:golfclap:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Well, going to the 2nd version of this Brock Lesnar challenge is bullshit. The silvers in the bronze only level are really goddamn ridiculous looks like i hit the pay-wall

Like Humphrey said, there's only one in the form of Sheamus. Also, keep in mind that for the price of one discounted gold pack, you can get all seven Legendary ranks on a Bronze. They're useless outside these Bronze-only challenges, but it's easy to get them a quick power boost.

EDIT: Unless you mean the 3rd version of the Brock challenge, in which there's a 16k HP silver in the fourth stage, which is a Doom Clock stage, in which case hahaha yeah it's bullshit.

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 15, 2015

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I am both proud and ashamed

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yep, mainstream feds more or less compel you to lean on your top workers. Getting undercard workers over in a popularity-based fed is the primary challenge of TEW. The least risky thing to do is pull a WCW and keep your top guys strong at the expense of everyone else.

I always tweak my product so its 50/50 popularity/performance. I think that tends to give me the freedom to push people who aren't stars and let them try and impress through wrestling but I still definitely need to push my stars and can't just go and start jobbing out over people to unover people without it hurting me. And it feels realistic to me.

And the key to getting undercard workers over always seems to me to be to pick a couple and focus on them instead of trying to get half the roster over at once. That kind of approach will only lead to parity booking which will accomplish nothing or piss off all your stars because you're jobbing them out. But pick 2 or 3 people and focus on making them stars and then let everyone else work in the tag and midcard divisions and get their modest overness bumps there. Then once you've made 2 or 3 new stars you can focus on making 2 or 3 more. Eventually you can ditch those old guys.

triplexpac posted:

It's hard to say. I've played more TEW than any other game so I'd say I've gotten $35 of fun out of it.

05 is free though, and you can try a demo of the newer one if you want.

Yeah, I always evaluate how much I pay for a game on how much I play it. TEW's definitely given me as much time and enjoyment as any $40 or $50 console game I've bought so I'm good with spending the $35. But if you just want to try it I can understand the apprehension. But TEW2005 is a good gateway for that.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jonny Angel posted:

Like Humphrey said, there's only one in the form of Sheamus. Also, keep in mind that for the price of one discounted gold pack, you can get all seven Legendary ranks on a Bronze. They're useless outside these Bronze-only challenges, but it's easy to get them a quick power boost.

EDIT: Unless you mean the 3rd version of the Brock challenge, in which there's a 16k HP silver in the fourth stage, which is a Doom Clock stage, in which case hahaha yeah it's bullshit.

nah i just paid to get past it because gently caress sheamus

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Blasmeister posted:

I am both proud and ashamed

I feel worse

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Bard Maddox posted:

I feel worse

Ok you win that one. I'm afraid to ask both how much that set you back and how nuts your deck had to have been to make it there. I hit my wall at ~150 through Titus and bought a 75 title match bundle for mine.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Ok you win that one. I'm afraid to ask both how much that set you back and how nuts your deck had to have been to make it there. I hit my wall at ~150 through Titus and bought a 75 title match bundle for mine.

I think it was $20 (15 for title matches and 5 for bouts). my deck's 5 SV pros (6 with the Nikki), 5 RTG cards, and the rest Leg Pros with 1 or 2 SV singles in there. I hit the wall at about the same time you did

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 16, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah I hit a wall midway through Titus :smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why are you spending real money for a fake card game that is hardly a game? WHY?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
There are probably worse things to spend money on, honestly, and if you like it enough that you're spending serious time playing it then go for it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

spending serious time playing it

I don't understand this bit, either.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't understand this bit, either.

There are more things in heaven and earth, joker, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

you preordered WWE 2k15 so maybe you shouldn't throw stones about wastes of money, moron

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

There are more things in heaven and earth, joker, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

I just feel like I should be doing something to help. Like there should be a foundation I can donate to to help people who are playing supercard kick their horrible addiction or something.

E: At least WWE2k15 is a game, even if it's a bad one. Also the moron was totally uncalled for, as I was just joshing you.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bard Maddox posted:

you preordered WWE 2k15 so maybe you shouldn't throw stones about wastes of money, moron

Supercard's a better use of your time than 2k15, honestly. What a bad game that turned out to be.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Supercard's a better use of your time than 2k15, honestly. What a bad game that turned out to be.

I'd say they're basically on the same level. Supercard is a skinner box and hardly a game, but 2k15 is actively bad and makes me think that the developers hate not only their job, but the people who bought the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

I just feel like I should be doing something to help. Like there should be a foundation I can donate to to help people who are playing supercard kick their horrible addiction or something.

E: At least WWE2k15 is a game, even if it's a bad one. Also the moron was totally uncalled for, as I was just joshing you.

if I can't call you a moron then what's the point of this forum, moron