Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

GorfZaplen posted:

The bathroom subplot of Jojo is quite possibly the greatest story ever told.

Avdol posted:

BATHROOM DISASTER IS POLNAREFF'S THING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Polnareff is JOJO'S Vincent

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is 100% looney tunes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's actually kind of amazing how much the 90's OAV completely hosed up the tone of Stardust Crusaders, until this second season started i thought that the Egypt arc would all serious poo poo the whole time.

Well, I guess the poo poo is serious.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Why is jojo so good

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
O H M Y G O D

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's actually kind of amazing how much the 90's OAV completely hosed up the tone of Stardust Crusaders, until this second season started i thought that the Egypt arc would all serious poo poo the whole time.

Well, I guess the poo poo is serious.

I haven't seen the OVA, but from what fights I heard were in there, it'd make sense that they'd be serious.

N'Doul, for instance, ended up nearly blinding Kakyoin.

This is probably one of the few times I've ever actually cringed from watching a person in Jojo get injured.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the ova only had so much space to fit everything into which meant that they basically had to condense it down to a spattering of fights where a lot of action happens, so there really wasn't room for anything to lighten the mood

it was genuinely a really poorly thought out idea, all told

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

How can my Joestar-san be this cute.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i wish joseph could still make magic shields out of hair or repel objects with magic or still control people with magic

where's the magic...

when's he gonna overdrive an actual laser beam out of his eyes to kill a stand user

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Is everyone else getting error on CR on any video you click?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Housh posted:

Yup.

edit: it's back up.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 13, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fereydun posted:

i wish joseph could still make magic shields out of hair or repel objects with magic or still control people with magic

where's the magic...

when's he gonna overdrive an actual laser beam out of his eyes to kill a stand user

he has ghost vines that come out of his hand and tell him secrets

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Housh posted:

It's all good in the hood for me. I just finished this week's episode even.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Pomp posted:

he has ghost vines that come out of his hand and tell him secrets
o. (original) joseph would figure out how to turn those vines into a helicopter
o (old) joseph karate chops 250 dollar cameras

but thats a fair point that is still powerful magic

edit:
the thing this episode drives home the most is that they replaced the smartest member of the team with a dog

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 13, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fereydun posted:

the thing this episode drives home the most is that they replaced the smartest member of the team with a dog

A dog that has helped beat every enemy Stand User so far. :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

edit:

The dog is the smartest member of the team, I'm not sure what you're going on about.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's almost like Joseph's third-most defining character trait is laziness.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Sand is sterile.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MachuPikacchu posted:

Sand is sterile.

For a minute, I thought they were implying you apply the sand to your rear end.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

For a minute, I thought they were implying you apply the sand to your rear end.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Well yeah but Joseph is a moron. I think it's like some toilets where you're expected to wipe your rear end with your hands, then wash them, except since they don't have running water you're supposed to use the sand like kitty litter.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well yeah but Joseph is a moron. I think it's like some toilets where you're expected to wipe your rear end with your hands, then wash them, except since they don't have running water you're supposed to use the sand like kitty litter.

That would probably chaff less.

Tune in next week for the next exciting installment of Jojo's Latrine Adventure. :eng101:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

It's almost like Joseph's third-most defining character trait is laziness.

His first most hated phrase is work hard, and his second most hated is hard work!

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

[Menacing]

Yeah, that's what it says in the Viz translation.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Is it just me or has the animation quality taken a leap this season?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Is the swank-rear end music used in today's episode on Youtube?

vvv Yeah, I mean Mariah's theme.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 14, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm assuming you're referring to Mariah's theme and not Joseph's?

Otherwise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5O_W8yDig4 (Joseph)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRUnjCzgr9U (Avdol)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'd glad the anime is doing justice to this fight. Looking forward to next week.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Dias posted:

The dog is the smartest member of the team, I'm not sure what you're going on about.

Best part of the episode for me was Iggy pawing sand over Jotaro's cigarette

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I like how even 50 years later, Joseph is still a big fuckin idiot.

Million Ghosts posted:

Is it just me or has the animation quality taken a leap this season?

Yeah, I felt it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Zeruel posted:

I like how even 50 years later, Joseph is still a big fuckin idiot.
More like 50 years later he turned into an idiot. :colbert: 19-year-old Joseph was a dope but he was a battle savant, 69-year-old Joseph apparently went senile because he has completely forgotten everything he ever knew about turning a fight around. Empress was the last dying gasp of Joseph's ingenuity.

I can only assume that the man who used string to conduct the ripple multiple times to kill vampires will fail to kill a vampire when he has the power to create infinite string and leave his grandson to do it.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

man he's like 70 we're lucky he's breaking his hand every episode and not his hip

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Taciturn Tactician posted:

More like 50 years later he turned into an idiot. :colbert: 19-year-old Joseph was a dope but he was a battle savant, 69-year-old Joseph apparently went senile because he has completely forgotten everything he ever knew about turning a fight around. Empress was the last dying gasp of Joseph's ingenuity.

I can only assume that the man who used string to conduct the ripple multiple times to kill vampires will fail to kill a vampire when he has the power to create infinite string and leave his grandson to do it.

19-year-old Joseph was highly reliant on both incredible amounts of luck and most of his opponents being credulous idiots. That and all of his major fights in Battle Tendency were stand-up one-on-one affairs where both parties knew they were in for a fight and it was pretty much a knock-down-drag-out brawl where both sides had a rough idea what to expect from each other instead of unknown assassins with incredibly bizarre unknown powers striking from ambush.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 14, 2015

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kanos posted:

19-year-old Joseph was highly reliant on both incredible amounts of luck and most of his opponents being credulous idiots.

That's not true. The Pillar Men (with the possible exception of Eisidesi) were superhumanly intelligent.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Joseph was ridiculously clever in BT, but he's not the star of Part 3.

This was a FANTASTIC joseph episode though.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Silver2195 posted:

That's not true. The Pillar Men (with the possible exception of Eisidesi) were superhumanly intelligent.

Eisidesi is literally the only pillar man who could even start to keep up with Jojo's planning so I'm not sure why you'd peg him as the dumb one.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Pillarmen are proof that intelligence doesn't matter for poo poo as long as someone's sly enough to get one over on you.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I fail to see how this episode proves that Joseph is dumb.

He was unaware of the magnetism until the moment it became dangerous, at which point he immediately figured out the cause.

Aside from touching Bast in the first place, he didn't really do anything foolish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, there's probably something to be said that they should be watching out for weird poo poo but seriously who wouldn't want to touch a fancy electrical socket on a rock out in the desert next to the poopin hole

• Locked thread