Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Just want to say holy crap RE6 is a very long game. It took me over 6 hours to finish Leon's campaign and Chris' chapter 1 took me one hour (one death). It's almost exhausting.

How long is Revelations by comparison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Renoistic posted:

Just want to say holy crap RE6 is a very long game. It took me over 6 hours to finish Leon's campaign and Chris' chapter 1 took me one hour (one death). It's almost exhausting.

How long is Revelations by comparison?

Not very. It's a comfortable length and can be blasted through once you know it well, like most of the older games.

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Aside from making things harder on yourself, did the gas ever actually do anything beneficial? I never noticed anything besides making the plant monsters more annoying.

If you activate it during the A scenario it degrades the enemy's health and the plant dudes don't respawn as much. It's only during the B scenario that they build up a resistance and become poisonous.

So if you wait until the B scenario before you release the gas you get only the positive effects.

John Luebke fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 14, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I must have played through Resi 2 a hundred times and I never knew that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sakurazuka posted:

I must have played through Resi 2 a hundred times and I never knew that.

Same here.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

John Luebke posted:

If you activate it during the A scenario it degrades the enemy's health and the plant dudes don't respawn as much. It's only during the B scenario that they build up a resistance and become poisonous.

So if you wait until the B scenario before you release the gas you get only the positive effects.

Ah I see. That's interesting and rather useful if you do Claire A/Leon B since Claire gets access to flame rounds for the grenade launcher that make them a non-issue while Leon doesn't have any weapons overly effective on them.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Ah I see. That's interesting and rather useful if you do Claire A/Leon B since Claire gets access to flame rounds for the grenade launcher that make them a non-issue while Leon doesn't have any weapons overly effective on them.

Leon can get a flamethrower, although in series tradition it's mostly a waste of time.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Seems that PEGI added RE5: Gold Edition for PC to their classification database

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=45155#searchresults

Hopefully I can finally ditch my PS3 version :)

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
The giant plants are pretty much the only thing slowing me down in RE2. Either I stop and kill all the ones in my way (you can dodge a few if you're fast), or I stock up on some of the more convenient herb caches so I have the health to run through them. They're just so loving annoying to dodge around and if you get grabbed it hurts a ton. Never knew about the instant kill though. It was always death by the acid spit or I'd get bitch-slapped by a tendril because I wasn't aware I was in Danger.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Catpain Blackudder posted:

I think Capcom already sort of spoiled who the mystery woman villain is
Elaborate? Is it this http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835623-resident-evil-revelations-2/71120753

Relin fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 15, 2015

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Convex posted:

Seems that PEGI added RE5: Gold Edition for PC to their classification database

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=45155#searchresults

Hopefully I can finally ditch my PS3 version :)

wow I thought pc would never get the dlc. I've lost my interest in playing that dlc now though since I saw a lets play of it recently.

GoldenNugget fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 15, 2015

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Hell yeah. Now PC gamers can experience Josh.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Barry and Josh are the best duo in mercs.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
If anyone else uses RE.net, there's a little survey that they've sent out to users that I think is worth spending your time filling out. If you ever wanted the opportunity to directly say to Capcom, "I hate [thing about Resident Evil] and want more [thing about Resident Evil] instead", this survey actually has fields for that.

Be prepared to answer some tough questions though, like which RE game has the best story, and what your most favorite RE character of them all is.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Whoever has to sort through the data for that survey is going to be found dead in a closet with a rope around their neck.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Whoever has to sort through the data for that survey is going to be found dead in a closet with a rope around their neck.
My condolences in advance to that poor intern.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Wanderer posted:

I kept my text-field answers pretty short in consideration of this. :shobon: It's easy to sum up what I loved about RE4: Everything!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm pretty sure everyone is going to pick Wesker for their favorite character.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone is going to pick Wesker for their favorite character.

I picked Claire-- or tried to, but there wasn't a radial button to pick her as favorite once I checked her as a character I liked. Hopefully they fixed that, as I think this was a week or two ago.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Claire would also be my pick. She's the Xander Harris of Resident Evil.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Wanderer posted:

Claire would also be my pick. She's the Xander Harris of Resident Evil.

Who's the Xander Crews of Resident Evil?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Crowetron posted:

Who's the Xander Crews of Resident Evil?

Oh, easy, that's Keith.

...hang on, he's the Xander Cage of Resident Evil. Give me a minute.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd probably pick Leon but just because he's such an amazing schlub even when he's being an absurd action hero.

Claire is second.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I still want my Leon v Wesker game.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Pesmerga posted:

I still want my Leon v Wesker game.

I want my Leon and Wesker team-up game.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I liked Wesker before he came back in Code Veronica. :cool:

I didn't get the survey though. :smith:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Mogomra posted:

I liked Wesker before he came back in Code Veronica. :cool:

Code Veronica is worth it just to see the origins of Super Wesker. And, incidentally, Super Chris.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

And, incidentally, Super Chris.

Yeah what the gently caress doesn't he like boat up to the side of a cliff face and then just loving drag his rear end up it?

It's only just occurred to me how ridiculous that is because you mentioned it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
As a kid I figured he did it that way to be all super sneaky :ninja:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Code Veronica is worth it just to see the origins of Super Wesker.

Yes, marvel at "Super Wesker."

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I will :colbert:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

when do i get to fight veronica as re5 wesker in the re6 engine because an enemy creating flames that cut off your movement areas is a cool obvious gimmick that didn't get used in that game

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Fereydun posted:

when do i get to fight veronica as re5 wesker in the re6 engine because an enemy creating flames that cut off your movement areas is a cool obvious gimmick that didn't get used in that game

Well isn't the implication of the mystery woman in Revelations 2 supposed to be Alexia/Veronica?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Where's the video showing this mystery woman?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Edit: I lied. There's a new Japanese trailer.

One of the producers said in the Game Informer cover story of Rev 2 that the British woman on the PA system in the gameplay footage is another character from past games, and is one that you'd have to be pretty hardcore to recognize. Somehow a big chunk of the fans have decided it must be Alexia, back for another go.

I'm guessing it's one of the Wesker children, personally, or the "Jenny K" who's mentioned in a file in RE5 as the only person who managed to escape Spencer's assassination squads.

Wanderer fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 18, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Speaking of RE5, an update for it shipped recently on Steam, and there appears to be Steam achievements set up for the game now. But after updating and launching, I still had GFWL UI pop up, so I'm not sure if they're doing the transition in phases or they just messed up somehow.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Geight posted:

Speaking of RE5, an update for it shipped recently on Steam, and there appears to be Steam achievements set up for the game now. But after updating and launching, I still had GFWL UI pop up, so I'm not sure if they're doing the transition in phases or they just messed up somehow.

They're in the middle of transitioning, and what's more, there's now a dlc tab and achievements for the dlc.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

They're in the middle of transitioning, and what's more, there's now a dlc tab and achievements for the dlc.

I'm so loving pumped it's unreal. 2015 is a good year for Resident Evil!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Edit: I lied. There's a new Japanese trailer.

One of the producers said in the Game Informer cover story of Rev 2 that the British woman on the PA system in the gameplay footage is another character from past games, and is one that you'd have to be pretty hardcore to recognize. Somehow a big chunk of the fans have decided it must be Alexia, back for another go.

I'm guessing it's one of the Wesker children, personally, or the "Jenny K" who's mentioned in a file in RE5 as the only person who managed to escape Spencer's assassination squads.

Wesker :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Is there any reason that they are releasing the game in episodes outside of the novelty of it? I get why TellTale does it as they need all the development time they can get between episodes, but if an episode is being released every week I have to assume that the game is pretty much in the can.