Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

wonder if isis has the same difficulty cashing out as dr honked's friend did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

decapitated again

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

FCKGW posted:

CAVIRTEX continues to believe, as we have over the last three and a half years of operation, that cryptocurrency is here to stay.

well, not 'here,' exactly

more like there, in that hacker's wallet

fake edit: or maybe with ISIS

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

this is good news for Bitcoin. a kind of government has kind of adopted butts, leaving other countries no choice but to also adopt butts.

the air force will be paint qr codes on the side of drones in a week so ppl can tip the department of defense for warfare well done.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

wonder how big the localbitcoin group is in the middle east

ElectricMucus
Feb 9, 2013
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg10492812#msg10492812

billyjoeallen posted:

It's noteworthy that although the frequency of security issues on exchanges has not subsided substantially, the amount of damage they cause has decreased considerably. The money lost on Stamp was orders of magnitude smaller than Gox and the exchange itself ate the cost. This Canadian exchange is also protecting its customers.

Bitcoin is growing up. Historians will see Mark Krapeles as the dishonest incompetent fucknut that he is and when prediction markets start turning into assassination markets, the first test target ought to be him.

I'm the Historian.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

such a pleasant lot.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

http://www.mobilepaymentstoday.com/...s-connection-2/

When software developer Satoshi Nakamoto introduced bitcoin in 2008 as an alternative currency independent of a central authority, funding international terrorist organizations was certainly not part of the original concept. But according to Ido Wulkan, an intelligence analyst based in Tel Aviv and working for a Singapore-based cyber intelligence company, that is exactly what's happening.

Wulkan has uncovered evidence that the so-called Islamic State (ISIS, or ISIL) terrorist group, whose latest brutal execution of a Jordanian air force pilot outraged the world and incited reprisal attacks from Jordanian military, is using bitcoin to fund their terrorist activities. ISIS, reportedly, uses bitcoin to distribute payments to operatives working inside the terrorist organization, according to Wulkan, and accepts donations in bitcoin.

[...]

To the moon!
___________\

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

MeLKoR posted:

To the moon!
____________________________________________/

banned

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Greyhawk posted:

this is good for bitcoin

Has anyone said Nearly Headless Nickcoin?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MeLKoR posted:

___________\

Apr 7, 2003

I haven't read this thread in a while. has anything new happened?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

or maybe mtgox lost so many bitcoins that there just aren't enough in circulation to get anywhere close anymore

ElectricMucus
Feb 9, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

such a pleasant lot.

He's also a textbook lolertarian on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mM5FnzUahw

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

I haven't read this thread in a while. has anything new happened?

no. this thread has been moved to another subforum along with every other lengthy thread in YOSPOS in accordance with newreply.php's promulgation.

Apr 7, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

no. this thread has been moved to another subforum along with every other lengthy thread in YOSPOS in accordance with newreply.php's promulgation.

That's hosed up.

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

nice chick tract reference

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Rick Ross Ulbricht posted:

nice chick tract reference

I knew it, I should have gone with poetry instead of painting. :negative:

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

quote:

Interested in a betting exchange where bets get resolved by a majority vote and not by an authority? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 16 minutes ago by MrTeutone

Would someone of you be interested in a Bitcoin betting exchange platform where the outcome of a bet is determined by a majority vote of the community? In existing simiar products bets get resolved by the host or by an admin/moderator. In order to test that voting concept I created a prototype with play money instead of Bitcoins as a side project. Furthermore I'm at a point where I'm unsure if it's worth to continue with my project and I'd like make that decision dependent on your feedback.
Happy to discuss!
My site: 185.4.75.218 (Please also see the about page for more information)

im sure this is a fine idea

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

To the moon!
___________\

I find this really hard to believe. What exactly are ISIS militants doing with these bitcoins? I could believe there's using butts to get USD from (stupid) infidels in the west thought.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Political Whores posted:

What exactly are ISIS militants doing with these bitcoins?

destroying the infidel zionist fiat banking system, inshallah

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Political Whores posted:

I find this really hard to believe. What exactly are ISIS militants doing with these bitcoins? I could believe there's using butts to get USD from (stupid) infidels in the west thought.

I like to think it was one of their western recruits that got them on board with this "really guys, anonymous, no fees, there are even bitcoin ATMs" and now he just spends his days in front of the screen praying for the price to go back up and that their exchange doesn't get hacked.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

im sure this is a fine idea

can't see a reason to spoof users or collaborate on this, no sir

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Political Whores posted:

They are likely just using bitcoin as a way to move money without having to go through banks and their antiterrorism regulations. Bitcoin will stop all war remember?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

CampingCarl posted:

They are likely just using bitcoin as a way to move money without having to go through banks and their antiterrorism regulations. Bitcoin will stop all war remember?

through the magic of freeman-level utopian thinking: by smashing the warmongering oppressive nanny state that consents to being smashed

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Kipcoin.com got 'hacked' with 3000 coins 'stolen'

http://weibo.com/p/1001603811406934850153

google translation:

quote:

Bitcoin piggy server hosting provider is Linode , hackers in 2014 years 6 months 30 days 10:41 invaded our Linode account, and then modify the Linode account password. In the same day 11:54 , hackers modified the Bitcoin piggy server root password to gain the control and management of access to the server. After that hackers again in 2014 on 7 May 2 May 18:59 to 21:20 Login Bitcoin piggy server during download Bitcoin wallet file on the server.

After lurking for months and nothing happened, hackers from 2014 in 10 months after another began to steal Bitcoin Bitcoin piggy bank, the principle is the crime after Bitcoin wallet piggy receive bitcoins because hackers have bitcoins piggy bank wallet file, so hackers can be the first to go to a hacker-controlled Bitcoin Bitcoin address. To date, the number of bits hackers to steal money more than 3000 months.

i'm the bitcoin piggy server

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Kipcoin.com got 'hacked' with 3000 coins 'stolen'

http://weibo.com/p/1001603811406934850153

google translation:

i'm the bitcoin piggy server

tbf calling it a "piggy bank" is more apt than "cold wallet"

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

tbf calling it a "piggy bank" is more apt than "cold wallet"

it accurately conveys the level of security protecting the stored asset.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
The bitcoin ATM in Vancouver is/was running with CAVirtex, and the owner of the coffee shop it's in is a balls-deep bitcoiner who hosts weekly bitcoin meetups in there and everything.

I look forward to seeing how they will react to this. :allears:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Tipps posted:

The bitcoin ATM in Vancouver is/was running with CAVirtex, and the owner of the coffee shop it's in is a balls-deep bitcoiner who hosts weekly bitcoin meetups in there and everything.

I look forward to seeing how they will react to this. :allears:

http://colin.keigher.ca/2015/01/taking-back-my-money-from-bitcoin.html

good thing i got my money back!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

surebet posted:

the locked door is cute considering a large cat jumping on the roof would punch straight through

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

goddammit jack bauer you really are the man

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ruby idiot railed posted:

through the magic of freeman-level utopian thinking: by smashing the warmongering oppressive nanny state that consents to being smashed

i consent to being smashed most weekends, and after work

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy

haveblue posted:

goddammit jack bauer you really are the man

catte Bauer

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

wonder how big the localbitcoin group is in the middle east

nobody can locate the group's head

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

:eyepop:

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

:nsavince:

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Did you write this? If so I know you irl.

AlbieQuirky posted:

:golfclap:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
ISIL adopting btc is the best thing that could happen for the laffchain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

ISIL adopting btc is the best thing that could happen for the laffchain

pretty much

if the nsa wasn't trying to hack bitcoin before, they sure will be now. this will be good for bitcoin because them fighting you comes before you winning

• Locked thread