Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Maksimus54 posted:

I grew up in North Beach, if you ever need someone to come over and drool on your car I'm available! We did a PACNW AI meet at Dicks before and the route BraveUlysses has far fewer speed bumps

I went to some meet at Dick's last weekend and it was the worst thing ever. So many idiots with shitwagons doing burnouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Just in case you guys didn't know already, Better Call Saul is a loving awesome show.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
gently caress you guys getting huge refunds, feels like I am getting nothing back in comparison :argh:

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud

Nodoze posted:

gently caress you guys getting huge refunds, feels like I am getting nothing back in comparison :argh:

If it makes you feel better last year I owed $3500 and this year will likely be worse.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

MrChips posted:

Just in case you guys didn't know already, Better Call Saul is a loving awesome show.

Oh man, no joke. I'm already hooked, it's really good.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

I went to some meet at Dick's last weekend and it was the worst thing ever. So many idiots with shitwagons doing burnouts.

yes but this would be with goons

ok fair enough, how about redmill by the locks?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Nodoze posted:

If you are getting huge refunds back, you are doing it wrong.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

yes but this would be with goons

ok fair enough, how about redmill by the locks?

If I recall that parking lot is really cramped right?

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
The actual red mill lot is small but you could always park at the Locks. The meeting could even be at the Lockspot

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Maksimus54 posted:

The actual red mill lot is small but you could always park at the Locks. The meeting could even be at the Lockspot

You guys are giving me an excuse to wash and wax the MZ4? In February.

That's just crueI'M IN OF COURSE

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Maksimus54 posted:

There's actually a huge lot across from Paseo's down there that's always empty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Anyone I've ever known that lets their estranged family members back into their lives ends up regretting it after it goes horribly wrong.

There's a reason it happened and nine times out of ten it's better to just leave it the way it is.

Since her mom died she'se been trying to spend more time with him and his second try at having a family. Hilariously his two adopted kids loving hate him and his one other actual geneticly related child can't wait to go away to college. He's a raging rear end in a top hat and constantly tried to interfere with our relationship for several years. I'm fairly certain one of my friends threatened his life after her mother's funeral because he's barely said a peep i the last year and a half.

BraveUlysses posted:

You just explained it, you don't get out of trouble because you didn't bug your previous employer for a W2.

It was something like $150 in income. I think them wanting over $2000 in penalties and interest is kind of insane.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My roomies are building a giant gently caress-off snow fort in the front yard during their vacation this week. Already got people stopping by to check it out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Weather is calling for another 1" - 3" of snow tonight, so i've already been told to take tomorrow off. My weekend is now up to 6 days off in a row with tomorrow factored in :v:

Normally this would suck, but thanks to my online classes i'm pretty much getting paid to play videogames and go snow rallying in the Crown Vic. February is awesome :allears:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MrChips posted:

Yup. I also agree with the AI statement that Kingsman is really good.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Weather is calling for another 1" - 3" of snow tonight, so i've already been told to take tomorrow off. My weekend is now up to 6 days off in a row with tomorrow factored in :v:

Normally this would suck, but thanks to my online classes i'm pretty much getting paid to play videogames and go snow rallying in the Crown Vic. February is awesome :allears:

Wtf, the only reason anything got cancelled here was because we got 16" of snow in two days and the university decided to close at 2am after we already had gotten a foot.

The only things I hate about michigan is snow and extreme cold

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

Wtf, the only reason anything got cancelled here was because we got 16" of snow in two days and the university decided to close at 2am after we already had gotten a foot.

The only things I hate about michigan is snow and extreme cold

Welcome to the South! People here flip the gently caress out if the weather calls for flurries, getting actual snow on the ground turns things into an emergency situation.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T1g4h posted:

Yup more work from home time for me too. Got the cars cleared off then decided to see if the VW could handle it...nope ended up a few car lengths down the hill. Lots of cars sitting at the bottom of the neighborhood, only two that are able to make it up are the beat to poo poo old Wrangler and the FJ Cruiser. No snow tonight but temps are going to continue dropping. Yay winter :argh:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

T1g4h posted:

Welcome to the South! People here flip the gently caress out if the weather calls for flurries, getting actual snow on the ground turns things into an emergency situation.

It doesnt help that everyone here is on all seasons or summer tires because we get maybe a week of snow days total through the year. I've never met a single person with a set of snow tires.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Great Beer posted:

It doesnt help that everyone here is on all seasons or summer tires because we get maybe a week of snow days total through the year. I've never met a single person with a set of snow tires.

Hey now! I've got a full set of Falken G4 all seasons and they've worked fine so far! They've got enough grip to keep me moving and enough leeway to let me do powerslides around unplowed parking lots :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Weird. This gas station has 87, 88, 89, 92 and 93 Octane.

7-11 stores built in the early 00s around here have/had those options (except 91 instead of 92). Never did see the point.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Going to see Trailer Park Boys tonight... so I'm excited about that.

Would be more excited if I hadn't heard this morning that my grandmother is getting rapidly worse and may have only a few days left :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Got this in the mail today, all is right with the world now :)

Anyone recommend a good steering wheel that will work with this?

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I have a driving force pro you can have if you pay for the shipping.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

Tusen Takk posted:

The only way I know of to make good interest is 5-10 year mutual funds, which is something I'd like to do in the future, but I can't tie up the minimum $5000 in on right now when investing is the last step.

Vanguard has Roth IRAs with a $1000 buy in and no minimum purchase requirements. It's something that's worth looking into.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Pham Nuwen posted:

Would be more excited if I hadn't heard this morning that my grandmother is getting rapidly worse and may have only a few days left :smith:

I was pissed when they released their tour dates and they are not coming to seattle this time. I have not had a chance to see them live, but I did go to the pre-screening of Swearnet the movie with VIP tickets so I got to get a picture taken with them. They were just as hammered as I expected and super nice guys.

Sorry about your grandmother.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pham Nuwen posted:

Goddamnit. I didn't realize they were even on tour - they're here next week, too short of a notice to request time off from work. :sigh:

Also sorry about your grandmother :smith:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Negromancer posted:

I was pissed when they released their tour dates and they are not coming to seattle this time. I have not had a chance to see them live, but I did go to the pre-screening of Swearnet the movie with VIP tickets so I got to get a picture taken with them. They were just as hammered as I expected and super nice guys.

Sorry about your grandmother.

I heard the prescreening sucked. Someone told me they only did a 5 minute Q&A.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-b...dium=socialflow

So being based off an S10 it would be easy to stuff a v8 in it right?

They also made these off of the explorer frame. So a big ford v8 would pretty much drop in. But the aftermarket is full of s10 to sbc conversion kits. We used to work on the explorer versions at pepboys. And the thought of that thing with a V8 and no shelves in the back is a very :getin: moment

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Comrade Flynn posted:

I heard the prescreening sucked. Someone told me they only did a 5 minute Q&A.

Not sure how long it went for since we just got our picture taken(one of the first ~10 people to get our picture, stayed for 15 minutes or so) and took off cause I wanted to get home. The Q&A was kinda lovely mostly cause people weren't asking them anything except for a super drunk annoying chick. That and they were all pretty hammered. I might have insulted Mike Smith(Bubbles), since I brought up Lloyd the Conqueror and told him it was not very good. Don't know why I felt like telling him that, but I had just watched it a couple days before and it was the first thing that popped into my head. I wasn't trying to be a dick, just mentioned I just watched the movie and he asked me how I liked it.

I think it was worth it, if nothing else just to see the movie and help support them doing their own production work. Hell I signed up for swearnet as soon as it was announced. They really have not put out that much content for just the site, but I continue to renew my membership.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

SouthsideSaint posted:

They also made these off of the explorer frame. So a big ford v8 would pretty much drop in. But the aftermarket is full of s10 to sbc conversion kits. We used to work on the explorer versions at pepboys. And the thought of that thing with a V8 and no shelves in the back is a very :getin: moment

I have kicked around how awesome it would be with a gently caress off powerful V8 in it. Its pretty much an S10 frame with an aluminum box for the most part right?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Going to go see the TPB on Saturday in Phoenix!

Woot!

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I have kicked around how awesome it would be with a gently caress off powerful V8 in it. Its pretty much an S10 frame with an aluminum box for the most part right?

Yeah so if you remove all the old shelving and such in the back, it weighs drastically less.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

SouthsideSaint posted:

Yeah so if you remove all the old shelving and such in the back, it weighs drastically less.

Good lord this has all sorts of :getin: written all over it. It would make a neat hot rod if anything, there's tons of aftermarket for the S10 with lowering kits, etc.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

SouthsideSaint posted:

In that case, why not take the next step and make it mid-engined?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

205 50 15 vs. 225 45 15.
Discuss.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wounded Unicorn posted: