Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zakrello posted:

no i didn't make it or use it
OK, I gotta bite: What exactly will your app do to someone's phone that manages to offset the cost of joining here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

I meant to prove your superiority. All hail dear leader.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Stuntman posted:

OK, I gotta bite: What exactly will your app do to someone's phone that manages to offset the cost of joining here?

GAME ACCELERATOR!

I dunno I ran the page through translation and it looks like some kinda lovely "game manager" with some inbuilt tools to gently caress around with games. The "game accelerator" from what I can tell lets you slow down or speed up games. It also probably roots your phone, installs a metric fuckton of spyware/viruses, hijacks every account you have and fucks your dead dog.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Stuntman posted:

....... told ya i'm not the maker nor user, just want u guys to know wt those chinese clans are all doing, apps like this aren't gonna kill us but will certainly affect game balance (actually rehearsing a clan warr battle.....)

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Zakrello posted:

....... told ya i'm not the maker nor user, just want u guys to know wt those chinese clans are all doing, apps like this aren't gonna kill us but will certainly affect game balance (actually rehearsing a clan warr battle.....)

Sweet. Thx for posting it.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Zakrello posted:

joined melt down for sometime and just created my account here, ingame name BeanZ

one of my friend told me there is a chinese hack android app, all it does is to simulate attacks for clan war WITHOUT actually attacking your opponent, so user can compose any formation and test it until it is deemed perfect 3-star. click me if you are chinese sub-human

fark chinese they can't even play a farking game fairly

why is this post becoming more racist with each passing edit

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 17, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
so how do you deal with infernos as a TH9? I failed an attack against a bad TH10 because even though most of his defenses were TH7 level, the infernos obliterated my wizards. heals are useless and I don't have freezes :(

army comp was 2x golem, 3x pekka, a few archers and WBs, and the rest wizards. the base was a big compartment surrounded by 4 rectangular compartments

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 17, 2015

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

padijun posted:

so how do you deal with infernos as a TH9? I failed an attack against a bad TH10 because even though most of his defenses were TH7 level, the infernos obliterated my wizards. heals are useless and I don't have freezes :(

army comp was 2x golem, 3x pekka, a few archers and WBs, and the rest wizards. the base was a big compartment surrounded by 4 rectangular compartments

I will pass if the inferno is fueled and is doing multi-shots :(

I'm TH9 too, raiding a TH10 is like suicide most of the time, stealing things are fine thru

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Is there no way to get into goon clans right now? Just had a look at the list and seems like they're all closed.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I'm TH5, and I'll be maxed out (other than mines/collectors) and done building my TH6 in under a week. Already have my 3rd builder, but I haven't gotten my 1250 trophy acheivement. I know I can get the 1250 acheivement now, but when's the earliest I should expect to get the crystal acheivement without too much hassle? Doable at TH6 with some troop upgrades? I want to try for my 4th builder asap.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

sugar mouse posted:

Is there no way to get into goon clans right now? Just had a look at the list and seems like they're all closed.

2Poor usually keeps it closed to prevent spamming, the others might be doing the same. What's your ingame name?

Homers BBBq
Mar 11, 2008

idiotsavant posted:

I'm TH5, and I'll be maxed out (other than mines/collectors) and done building my TH6 in under a week. Already have my 3rd builder, but I haven't gotten my 1250 trophy acheivement. I know I can get the 1250 acheivement now, but when's the earliest I should expect to get the crystal acheivement without too much hassle? Doable at TH6 with some troop upgrades? I want to try for my 4th builder asap.

You don't need to get to crystal to get the 4th builder. I've never been above gold 3 and I got it at TH6 iirc just by doing the cleaning and getting misc achievements like stars in war, troop donations, wall breaker achievement, crossbow etc. etc. The first levels of those are all very doable, just don't gem anything until you get it obviously. The number of good targets will drop significantly the closer you get to crystal. I don't think it would be possible at TH6 without a lot of nexting.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

padijun posted:

3 rage, 1 heal (for before you get to the middle), but if the infernos are single-targeted then stay away.

SalTheBard posted:

What's a good army comp for TH9 GoWiWi? I can't really seem to find anything online that gives good advice
I haven't used GoWiWi yet in part because a 'proper' one spends 2000-3000 DE. It's typically 3 golem, 6-8 witches, 12+ wizards, some WBs. Powerful as hell but good lord that's pricey.

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

So once I get to TH6, how long should I hold there? And are there any recommended base layouts? I'm pleased that barch is working as well as it is, and I hope it'll keep being that way once I get them up to level 3. I'm avoiding researching anything else for the moment, but I may boost wizards for wartime shenanigans.
Why would you avoid research? That's silly. Barch still does well, and giant/healer just ruins TH5 bases like there's no tomorrow.

Stay there until you have all your troop and defensive upgrades done, and walls to at least gold and a lot of pink.

idiotsavant posted:

I did it at TH8 and it wasn't easy. But I also didn't need crystal to get my 4th builder; pretty sure I got it at TH7. So just wait I guess.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
My Gowiwi comp at TH9 has been 3 Golems, 3 Witches, 25 Wizards, 8 WB, 5 barbs, and 3 Archers, including whats in the CC (Golem, 2 witches, or Wizards), with 3 heals and 1 rage. I typically don't pull the enemy CC, and when they engage, I drop a heal and a rage. This is usually enough to kill the CC and break into the core. I then spot heal the wizards with the other 2 to keep them alive through the battle. I'd estimate an 80% 3 star, 20% 2 star. I've yet to have a 1 star from this. The 2 stars usually end from the enemy being 75% dead and then my wizards get all grouped and wonder into a big bomb. The barbs I throw in with the king for the rage, but it is entirely possible its more effective to bring another wizard. I rarely pay enough attention to see if the barbs are still alive by the time I rage the king. I used to try 2 heal and 2 rage for a while, but the wizards kept dieing too easily. Plus, with that many wizards, I felt with the rage they were over-killing a lot. My success went way up with the 3 heals.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I tried bloonion at TH8 just because I was bored with dragons

Wizards sure do rape baloons don't they

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

khy posted:

I tried bloonion at TH8 just because I was bored with dragons

Wizards sure do rape baloons don't they

Don't do it in war, but definitely use it to gain cups and loot from chumps. You can find lots of easy targets in the middle of an AD upgrade or something.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Any balloon strategy requires luring the castle troops, no exception.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

duffmensch posted:

2Poor usually keeps it closed to prevent spamming, the others might be doing the same. What's your ingame name?

I'm called Jen. Thanks!

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
12 Straight defenses won, crystal league. God I love being a buttehole

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Booties posted:

12 Straight defenses won, crystal league. God I love being a buttehole

Thanks for reminding me. I just finished my infernos and all out of dough so its the perfect time to reopen my butthole

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
My th9 is up tomorrow. I have been th8 for the better part of 9 months. What order should I upgrade stuff tomorrow?

I am thinking mortars first on gold and camps on drank. Plus an archer queen. I have full storages and collectors for the happy moment tomorrow.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Has anything changed in about a good year or so?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Dirk Pitt posted:

My th9 is up tomorrow. I have been th8 for the better part of 9 months. What order should I upgrade stuff tomorrow?

I am thinking mortars first on gold and camps on drank. Plus an archer queen. I have full storages and collectors for the happy moment tomorrow.

Just hit TH9 this week. Went with a max base and most troops maxed, plus full storages/CC storage. If you care at all about war, the correct upgrade path is:

Drop 5 of 7 million gold on the CC, spend the other 2 on your new walls. Your 7 million lix will be just enough for lab/spell factory/dark barracks. All your DE to your queen.

After that I recommend building the first level of your new WT/AT/AD so you can throw together a new layout without a bunch of stuff missing; it's quick and cheap. After that, your camps and DE drills are really important.

Everything else is much less important. Don't be a noob and throw gold at xbows right away; they pump up your war rating and force you to war against TH9s, but with the punch of a TH8. Offense is much more important than defense, both for raiding and war. Focus on your elixir upgrades at first.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 18, 2015

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
I just started playing this game, and I think I'll stick with it a bit (longer than Boom Beach). Can I join up with 2poor4gems?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

EnsGDT posted:

HEADLINE

LAZYGOONS GOES TO WAR

How does this even work and who the hell is this clan we're attacking?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

tadashi posted:

How does this even work and who the hell is this clan we're attacking?

The clan match is random, you're pitted against a clan that's (in theory) about as strong as you
Everyone who's in the clan at the moment the war starts is included (in multiples of 5, rounded down, so a 48 person clan has the top 45 fighting for example)
You have a day to fill war CCs with defense troops. War CC troops are kept for the entire war no matter if they get killed in an attack. Currently upgrading defenses and heroes are "always on" at the level before the upgrade began, and X-bows/infernos always have juice
After prep day, war day starts and everyone gets two attacks against the enemy.
Whoever has the most stars at the end of the day wins. The winners get 100% loot, the losers get 30%. A tie means both sides get 30%

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

There are a few moments in life when you know that you will always be able to recall that moment vividly, with all the emotions and thoughts surging back as if it had just happened.

This is one of those moments.

It's hard to say how I feel right now. It's a jumble of thoughts, from memories of the past to apprehensions about the future. It's regret and relief, sadness and satisfaction. It's hope, for better things to come.

Many of you had already known how difficult it was for me to maintain and lead the clan. My obligations to my work and the time I wanted to spend with my wife and children were in constant conflict with the game. Our rise in prominence came coupled with even more challenges - harassment from other clans, controversy over our stance against cheating, burnout from the pressure to maintain high involvement. All this has culminated in my decision to quit the game entirely, both as a sign of protest against the rampant cheating, and as a means to salvage my sanity and energy.

I love this clan. I built it and managed it, but the clan in turn supported me and carried me through the rough times. From the dedication of various members who chose to come and spend enormous amounts of their time and energy for the clan, to the hilarity and fun of socializing and casual banter, each member who has walked through the doors of our clan has made an impact on me and their fellow Troopers. We have encouraged each other in high-pressure moments during tense wars, we have consoled each other when life was throwing us a layoff, a death in the family, or just a bad day. Words of concern telling me to go to sleep and get more rest, jokes about my hilarious attack evoking laughter, sympathies for my plight at work - all this was what I held most dear from the clan.

How did I view us? It's not a clear definition. We stood united with a common goal. We discussed and debated. We were often serious, we were often sarcastic. We came from all walks of life, from all over the globe. Could we label ourselves as a group of friends? A team? An army? We were all of these, and none of these. Such is the nature of an online group, a clan in Clash of Clans. An entity within a mere game, it's true, but an entity that consisted of people. Those who would mock me for how strongly I feel about a clan in a game would do well to realize that in the end, it's about people.

FAAAAARTTTT

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
you ve never been my personal leader, and yet i know you and your clan members have had a huge impact on me and my clan. this brought a tear to my eye, and i wish you and your family the absolute best in life.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

We're just playing Clash of Clans but they're playing reddit.com.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Dizz posted:

Has anything changed in about a good year or so?
Clan wars (April), a new dark troop, a couple random upgrades, massive nerfing of hogs. Pretty small-ball over the last 6 months.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Zorblack posted:

I just started playing this game, and I think I'll stick with it a bit (longer than Boom Beach). Can I join up with 2poor4gems?

We're full at the moment despite being 49/50. If a spot opens up I'll let you know, but give 2legit2lift a try.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Ditch posted:

Clan wars (April), a new dark troop, a couple random upgrades, massive nerfing of hogs. Pretty small-ball over the last 6 months.

I didn't miss much then. I'm still T6 and quit during clan wars. game got boring to me with my lovely tablet but I can now sperg out as much as I want now without limitations. Are there any clans with an open spot for a returning goon?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Dancing Peasant posted:

There are a few moments in life when you know that you will always be able to recall that moment vividly, with all the emotions and thoughts surging back as if it had just happened.

It's hard to say how I feel right now. It's a jumble of thoughts, from memories of the past to apprehensions about the future. It's regret and relief, sadness and satisfaction. It's hope, for better things to come.

Many of you had already known how difficult it was for me to maintain and lead the clan. My obligations to my work and the time I wanted to spend with my wife and children were in constant conflict with the game. Our rise in prominence came coupled with even more challenges - harassment from other clans, controversy over our stance against cheating, burnout from the pressure to maintain high involvement. All this has culminated in my decision to quit the game entirely, both as a sign of protest against the rampant cheating, and as a means to salvage my sanity and energy.

I love this clan. I built it and managed it, but the clan in turn supported me and carried me through the rough times. From the dedication of various members who chose to come and spend enormous amounts of their time and energy for the clan, to the hilarity and fun of socializing and casual banter, each member who has walked through the doors of our clan has made an impact on me and their fellow Troopers. We have encouraged each other in high-pressure moments during tense wars, we have consoled each other when life was throwing us a layoff, a death in the family, or just a bad day. Words of concern telling me to go to sleep and get more rest, jokes about my hilarious attack evoking laughter, sympathies for my plight at work - all this was what I held most dear from the clan.

How did I view us? It's not a clear definition. We stood united with a common goal. We discussed and debated. We were often serious, we were often sarcastic. We came from all walks of life, from all over the globe. Could we label ourselves as a group of friends? A team? An army? We were all of these, and none of these. Such is the nature of an online group, a clan in Clash of Clans. An entity within a mere game, it's true, but an entity that consisted of people. Those who would mock me for how strongly I feel about a clan in a game would do well to realize that in the end, it's about people.

FAAAAARTTTT

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Dancing Peasant posted:

FAAAAARTTTT
wtf is all this poo poo

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

some clan leader on reddit quit because he wanted to leave the bathroom

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Getting cc troops for wars from you guys has had a profound impact on my life.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Also what the hell "cheating" is there to do in the game? Sending spies to another clan during war is the only thing I can think of.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
There are third party programs you can use to do poo poo like simulate war attacks, keep your base active all day, and auto-next for good bases.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Hammy posted:

There are third party programs you can use to do poo poo like simulate war attacks, keep your base active all day, and auto-next for good bases.

And insta-barch, I have seen a couple attacks on my base instantly deploy perfectly straight symmetrical lines of barbs with archers behind them. that one's not too much of a big deal though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
Could somebody open up 2legit later tonight?