Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Judge Tesla posted:

Said outbreak was also caused by the new 5G network which mutated people's DNA turning them into Zombies, which made me laugh, a lot.

gently caress, and I thought my service was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

If anyone hasnt watched this they need to do so pronto, thats some belly laffs right there!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

For something they've been advertising as LIVE, not very much of this Eastenders is live at all.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Nettle Soup posted:

For something they've been advertising as LIVE, not very much of this Eastenders is live at all.

I reckon they've forgotten to add the indicator to a few of the live shots.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I reckon they've forgotten to add the indicator to a few of the live shots.

Is this a clever joke or do they actually do that? I would think that would ruin the drama somewhat.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It was meant to say #eelive in the corner when it was, but I never saw it pop up apart from the first minute.

VV Nah they specifically said beforehand that it would say that when it was live.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 17, 2015

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Nettle Soup posted:

It was meant to say #eelive in the corner when it was, but I never saw it pop up apart from the first minute.

Ah that's probably just to tell people how to tweet. I doubt it would stay there all the time. Most programmes just put it up for the start and no more.

The only things played in off VT would be things requiring post work like stunts or graphical effects etc

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

thehustler posted:

Ah that's probably just to tell people how to tweet. I doubt it would stay there all the time. Most programmes just put it up for the start and no more.

The only things played in off VT would be things requiring post work like stunts or graphical effects etc

No, they said it would stay up on all the live bits.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

No, they said it would stay up on all the live bits.

Huh. That's bizarre. What an odd thing to do.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

thehustler posted:

Huh. That's bizarre. What an odd thing to do.

Is it? If you're going to make a spectacle out of the whole thing being live, may as well tell people when it's happening.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is anyone taken in by the 'live' gimmick? It adds literally nothing to the show, and only means that it's a poorly acted mess with terrible editing and pacing.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Jonnty posted:

Is it? If you're going to make a spectacle out of the whole thing being live, may as well tell people when it's happening.

Yes I guess so but like I said usually a hashtag refers to the programme as a whole and not certain sections of it.

They don't normally draw a distinction between the live stuff and the VT inserts. As far as the production goes they want you to think its one long sequence of events. Some may be live and some may not. You aren't supposed to be able to tell

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Steve2911 posted:

Is anyone taken in by the 'live' gimmick? It adds literally nothing to the show, and only means that it's a poorly acted mess with terrible editing and pacing.

You can also tell as soon as it's any given actor's second live scene of the night, because they're out of breath from running to the next set.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I think there were only two live sequences tonight: the opening and the ending.

If I were to guess, the actors won't know who actually killed Lucy until Thursday. Have multiple endings filmed for the flashback episode, and then tease out hints during the live segments.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Broadcast Engineering nerd post incoming:

http://www.bbcstudiosandpostproduction.com/blog/eastenders-live-week-uncovering-technical-set-behind-30th-anniversary-celebrations/

How the Eastenders live production is done.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Steve2911 posted:

Last time I saw a live Eastenders Max Branning put his fingers in his throat in an effort to be sick. It was great.

Regarding Lucy's killer, if 'none of the actors know' then surely it will be someone on their way out? The eldest Branning daughter is pregnant irl, and seems to know too much, so she's offskie regardless of the outcome. I'm putting my money on Christian. He's close to the family, for MAX DAMAGE, and he's got a hastily grown moustache which they can shave off for the flashback in a cool effect.

He's also 100/1 at the bookies.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
plzbeDotCottonplzbeDotCottonplzbeDotCottonplzbeDotCotton

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

New "unseen bits" Would I Lie To You tonight!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Steve2911 posted:

It's very self indulgent and adds nothing to the programme. It's not quite as bad with comedy as 30 Rock's live episodes show, but with drama it's pretty pointless.

Having said that, I don't watch Eastenders, but have seen a few live episodes of Corrie down the years and there was nothing to be gained by it being live. I'm sure the actors enjoy it, but it doesn't add to the programme at all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh I'm sure it could produce great results with a talented comedy cast and a few good chances at improv.

I'm guessing most people only watch them in the hopes that something goes wrong and they can have seen it live.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
David Mitchel is on next week's Comic Relief Bake Off for anyone who wants to watch him complain about cooking and making an arse of himself at it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
According to that Victoria Coren Richard Herring interview, he was dead chuffed at himself for making an omelet, so that should be worth a watch.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Oh I'm sure it could produce great results with a talented comedy cast and a few good chances at improv.

I'm guessing most people only watch them in the hopes that something goes wrong and they can have seen it live.

If that's the case then people will be pleased with how it's gone so far...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/someone-on-eastenders-live-screwed-up-a-line-and-her-face-sa#.xpd9EeWWd

http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/eastenders-accidentally-screwed-up-the-last-line-of-their-li#.xx1vPprry

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So, former classmate of mine who's gone on to actually do stuff has a new series on BBC 4 tonight, sadly our petitioning to have us all in the background as extras was shot down

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She did a different series I watched, but I'm completely blanking what on.

I want to say Gothic architecture, but I'm worried I'm stereotyping.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

goatface posted:

She did a different series I watched, but I'm completely blanking what on.

I want to say Gothic architecture, but I'm worried I'm stereotyping.

You're right, she did. Also did a rather good thing on the Anglo-Saxons a wee bit ago, and a series on 13-15th century royalty, which was quite jolly (if only for the fact it wasn't about the Tudors, I'm loving Wolf Hall, but I''ve had enough of Tudor documentaries, thank you very much).

Tell her I like her a lot as a BBC4 history programme presenter, Shane Magowans Teeth. Not quite as much as Lucy Worsley, mind, but a lot more than Waldemar Januszczak.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh the seven year old did it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh my god this is the worst TV ever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are you being shocked by Eastenders being bad?

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
I was going to bet on Bobby but then I thought that Eastenders wouldn't show an 11 year old child killer. I'm not offended but someone like James Bulgers Mum is going to complain about this.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Did he need crack? crack? crack.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Irisi posted:

You're right, she did. Also did a rather good thing on the Anglo-Saxons a wee bit ago, and a series on 13-15th century royalty, which was quite jolly (if only for the fact it wasn't about the Tudors, I'm loving Wolf Hall, but I''ve had enough of Tudor documentaries, thank you very much).

Tell her I like her a lot as a BBC4 history programme presenter, Shane Magowans Teeth. Not quite as much as Lucy Worsley, mind, but a lot more than Waldemar Januszczak.

Will do, she's actually probably the nicest person I've ever met and yet when we all meet up we end up sharing stories of what we got up to at school, which made a friend of mine's wife who also happens to be a teacher recoil in horror.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Will do, she's actually probably the nicest person I've ever met and yet when we all meet up we end up sharing stories of what we got up to at school, which made a friend of mine's wife who also happens to be a teacher recoil in horror.

Watched the programme just there. She's a good presenter. Informative, cheerful, but not patronising. It was properly good, nice use of scene setting on Skellig Michael, Iona and Lindisfarne, all those bleak lumps of rock in the Irish and North seas that the early Christians decided would make jolly good places to build their churches and monasteries.

Would like you to ask her why she decided to compare the Codex Amiatinus (stonking great big 8th century bible, would look lovely on my coffee table) to a Great Dane dog when describing how much it weighed. Great Dane dogs are not a standard unit of measurement, it kind of took me out of the moment a bit.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Irisi posted:

I've found I enjoy the stuff that's fronted by Dr Jago Cooper, despite his name and hair.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I find his delivery annoying at times, but I like the subject matter so I can let it slide.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Beep Street posted:

I was going to bet on Bobby but then I thought that Eastenders wouldn't show an 11 year old child killer. I'm not offended but someone like James Bulgers Mum is going to complain about this.

On what possible grounds

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
The most interesting thing about the episode was Kathy coming back. If she had never left Phils life wouldnt have gone to poo poo and we would have never had CRACK HEAD PHIL

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

House of Fools is back on. I enjoyed most of it, especially the magazine cover jokes, although it's not A+++ hilarity from start to finish it's nice enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Irisi posted:

Great Dane dogs are not a standard unit of measurement

Not yet.