Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!
Hey peeps! If you want me to edit in black friday/cybermonday sales information into the OP send me your coupon codes by midnight Mountain Standard Time on Thanksgiving. I will try to do more editing on Friday if codes come in, but it might be late in the day as I'm doing Thanksgiving with the husband's family that day.

Also I plan on stickying the thread for Black Friday and Cybermonday since that's what we've got funds for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackish Sheep
Feb 3, 2007

Even cartoon me doesn't know what's going on.
I can't believe I forgot about this! Better late than never I guess. $10 and email sent.

Keska
Jan 29, 2007
Persistent Lurker
Holy crap, have you guys seen this?

If you put an Etsy link in the "source" field when you put a picture on Tumblr - Like so:

It makes a link in the upper right of your post to your Etsy listing!!

It pulls the price over automagically and everything!!!

Amaya
Aug 5, 2006

Paws up!

Keska posted:

Holy crap, have you guys seen this?

If you put an Etsy link in the "source" field when you put a picture on Tumblr - Like so:

It makes a link in the upper right of your post to your Etsy listing!!

It pulls the price over automagically and everything!!!

....THIS IS REALLY COOL. Wow I post stuff on tumblr all the time, this is perfect, thanks for the heads up!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Okay, I'm totally late to the party (it's been a hell of a few months) but can I join the etsy banner thread thing?

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Certainly! Just send me the details and such.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

flutterbyblue posted:

Certainly! Just send me the details and such.

Where can I contact you?

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

mountainmusings [at] gmail.com. That'll work for both paypal and shop info.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I'll cross post this here too:

Buy handmade jewelry from my girlfriend this holiday season. She makes some killer stuff

Things like
Earrings

Wire wrapped vintage Sodalite crystal statement earrings

Necklaces

Agate Quartz Crystal and pearls fringe necklace

Rings, bracelets, and more. She'll do custom orders too. Give her shop a like and buy something special, one of a kind, and handmade this holiday season.

Lovely Rustic
https://www.etsy.com/shop/LovelyRustic

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Money and info sent! Probably too late in the season, but I've been busy.

Speaking of which I'm having a moving sale! Everything must go! All of my sister's creations are down to $4.99 or less! Please look so I don't have to carry them across the state!

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

I say these items are all high quality.

Hat Butt
Jun 18, 2012

Oh boy a sale! I absolutely love the jellyfish!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I'm helping my wife manage her Etsy business after a while off from it. She got a new, better day job a while back and hasn't had a ton of time for crafting in a while, but she wants to get back into it. It'll be baby steps for a little while as she finds time to get some crafting done, but I'd be curious to hear people's stories about time management for Etsy. Are any folks in the thread working full time alongside their Etsy business? Is that even possible?

On a management side of things, I like some of the changes Etsy made in the last year since I've been active there. I'd be willing to have feedback about the shop, since it's a work in progress and I'm still experimenting with some options and choices.

https://etsy.com/shop/recycledaesthetics

I also have one minor question: is there a way to set up an on-demand listing, like for art prints, that has no quantity? I have one listing that shows up as a per-order print, but the way Etsy sets up the listings asks for a quantity, regardless of listing it as "made to order." This is essentially an on-demand printing, so there's theoretically no max quantity. Is there a way to get around that? I just entered a large quantity (not insanely large, but 20 or so), and I'm planning on having to keep updating the quantity if and when people buy enough of them. It just seems a bit goofy and I don't really mind it, but it also seems like there's a simple solution I'm not seeing.

Keska
Jan 29, 2007
Persistent Lurker

Railing Kill posted:

I'd be curious to hear people's stories about time management for Etsy. Are any folks in the thread working full time alongside their Etsy business? Is that even possible?

Yeah, and it sucks. I never feel like I can put enough time into my sewing to really get the business off the ground.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Keska posted:

Yeah, and it sucks. I never feel like I can put enough time into my sewing to really get the business off the ground.

Yeah. My wife's problem is that her day job is rough on time: 40+ hours per week. That is good for our bank account, but bad for her soul. It wouldn't be as bad if she were not a frame shop manager, but as it is she has to go to work instead of painting/crafting, only to meet local artists having their work framed and making a living on their art. :smith:

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

What is good etiquette in regards to closing threads? I was wondering if I should close the goon-made holiday thread but would prefer not to run afoul of the mods.

Keska
Jan 29, 2007
Persistent Lurker
The SA-Mart rules say not to close your threads, but you could PM/email one of the mods to ask if it's okay:

Nyc_Tattoo info:
Aim: nyctatt
Yahoo: nyctatt
E-mail: nyctattoo@somethingawful.com

Star War Sex Parrot info:
E-mail: strwrsxprt@somethingawful.com

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Oh cool, if we're not supposed to close them I'm not concerned (must have missed that in my perusal of the rules when I was setting things up). I just didn't want to clutter things up if etiquette was to close them after a suitable period of time. And hey, if someone finds the thread and someone gets a sale from it, that's awesome. Thanks for the info!

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Is there a master list of goon etsy shops? Currently in the market for some custom curtains for my window seat

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Not that I know of, but I do know a lot of goon artists use the tag "goon" on their products and there's an etsy team called "Goon Squad" which you might be able to post in if you can't find something in the products.

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the void
My friend Jen makes some great jewelry, and she's just re-opened her Etsy shop.

Fancy Anachronism

Some examples:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I'll cross post this here too:

Buy handmade jewelry from my girlfriend this holiday season. She makes some killer stuff

Things like
Earrings

Wire wrapped vintage Sodalite crystal statement earrings

Necklaces

Agate Quartz Crystal and pearls fringe necklace

Rings, bracelets, and more. She'll do custom orders too. Give her shop a like and buy something special, one of a kind, and handmade this holiday season.

Lovely Rustic
https://www.etsy.com/shop/LovelyRustic

She's doing a 15% off coupon code: HEART15

Get some orders in for Valentine's Day! She was also featured in a write up on Logical Harmony so her stuff is legit.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Because most of us hate winter by now, here's a spring anticipation sale going on in my shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/twoelements

Use code SPRINGSPECIAL for 30% all jewelry items.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I opened a small shop recently to sell some handmade things, mainly consisting of video-game inspired fiber batts for hand spinners, but will also include cross-stitch pieces, some hand knit and crocheted items, and maybe some hand spun yarn as well. http://8bitfibers.storenvy.com/

These are the two batt colorways I have now, Link and Zelda. Lots more are planned once I get the materials in.

Yes, it's storenvy rather than Etsy, but storenvy doesn't have most of the fees Etsy does. :v:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Yes, it's storenvy rather than Etsy, but storenvy doesn't have most of the fees Etsy does. :v:

I looked into Storenvy a while back, and I thought they took 10% for marketplace listings?

Etsy's 20 cents a listing and 3.5%.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

For the marketplace, yes, but that's not required. The marketplace is like Etsy's trending items or recommended items listings. If you're not on that, you still have your regular store and people can still find you on the search.

UberVexer
Jan 5, 2006

I like trains
Started a small shop to sell handmade guitars. I've been making custom guitars for a while, and I'd really like to do it full time.

Here's some of the work we've done

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225211326/handmade-teletype-guitar

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

^^Those are beautiful! Makes me wish I wasn't all thumbs with musical instruments.

I'm kind of sperging out a bit because one of my customers used a dice flower that I made for a tattoo sleeve design. It's hard to think of something more flattering that could happen with my work.

UberVexer
Jan 5, 2006

I like trains

flutterbyblue posted:

^^Those are beautiful! Makes me wish I wasn't all thumbs with musical instruments.

I'm kind of sperging out a bit because one of my customers used a dice flower that I made for a tattoo sleeve design. It's hard to think of something more flattering that could happen with my work.

That must be a pretty awesome feeling to have someone commit themselves to something of yours like that.

UberVexer
Jan 5, 2006

I like trains
I ended up finishing and playing my prototype guitar for a few weeks. I'm super excited about it.

I designed it to be able to switch tones from something like a strat to something like a tele, with the twist of a knob.

It's perfect, now anyone can buy them :) (and you totally should)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/226648285/wooge-kepler-standard?ref=pr_shop

Orville
May 5, 2004
Gentlemen, synchronize Swatches!
My wife and I started an Etsy shop of a variety of things. We mostly have wooden crates and bottle openers listed right now, but we are starting to list handmade and hand sewn notebooks and sketchbooks (or we can custom make them as well).

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodDogStudios

Check it out and if you find anything you like use the coupon code SOMETHINGAWFUL for 20% off.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
Well, I finally managed to get around to making an Etsy shop. Not a whole lot yet, but we do have handmade dragon eggs and a few geeky etched beer steins.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/GeekGlass

Any advice is appreciated. I know we need to get better at photographs, though they've come an awfully long way already from what they were. I'm thinking the descriptions need to be a bit more to them as well, but I honestly just wanted to finally get something up today and will likely embellish them more a little later.

Special coupon code for goons, 15% off with 'SAGOONS'

samyt
Jan 1, 2011
After several years this thing is finally starting to take shape! I'm trying to earn a little extra money to help me get through my final semester of my art degree :).

10% off with the code GOON10.

Thanks for checking it out!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SamTaylorJewelry?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
oh hey, thread got bumped just as I started updating again, must be fate

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Krakenkritters?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Sapphaholic I just wanted you to know that I pinned one of your shadowboxes two years ago, and it won't stop being popular! You've got a neat little idea on your hands.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I got commissioned to make a working TARDIS lantern flower. Feeling pretty proud of myself. It's even easy to get the light in and out for replacing batteries and turning it off/on.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

flutterbyblue posted:

I got commissioned to make a working TARDIS lantern flower. Feeling pretty proud of myself. It's even easy to get the light in and out for replacing batteries and turning it off/on.

I'm not into Doctor Who at all but this is really adorable and awesome.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

Thanks! I was so proud that I figured out a way to make it light up without resorting to glow paint.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hello, all!

My boyfriend recently opened up his Etsy shop and I was hoping I could share the word with some goons. When we met, he was working a job he absolutely hated - overnight shifts at the Post Office - and making clothes for me to wear for fun with the hour or two of free time he had each night. Enough people were asking me where I got my clothes that we decided to go for it - he quit his job, started sewing full-time, and recently opened up his Etsy store. It's obviously scary to go all-in on something like this, but I have faith in his abilities and want him to spend his time doing something he's passionate about.

Right now he's found a small niche in making patchwork hats from recycled clothes (see below), but also makes clothing and accessories in a similar vein. If anyone visits the site through here and is interested in purchasing something, send a message first and say you're an SA Goon and I'll make sure you get 15% off. :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MisfitCords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Well, my work is pretty quiet, and my headspace is pretty good, and it's starting to get lovely out, so if we want to do the annual Christmas thread + banner ads I can run them again. It's always been pretty successful for me.