Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Nope, wrong one. This model only supports Verizon LTE and 3G on AT&T which, while an upgrade from Sprint 2G, you're losing out on potentially faster speeds by not supporting LTE.

Captain Yossarian posted:

Thanks! If I'm reading that right, is that version compatible on Verizon AND AT&T (gsm)? Sorry for all the questions! I can trouble shoot a PC all day but I am flying blind with phones...

You don't want that one on Cricket, it only has Verizon LTE.

You want the XT1058 model that supports AT&T LTE bands, also only $200 (but sadly only 16GB and white, look harder maybe you can find a black one or 32GB).

SB35 fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I finally got my N6 turbo charger in the mail (Australian version), will this have a non-zero percent chance of making my QI pad explode if I plug it in via the USB port on it?

Or should it be fine.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

SB35 posted:

Nope, wrong one. This model only supports Verizon LTE and 3G on AT&T which, while an upgrade from Sprint 2G, you're losing out on potentially faster speeds by not supporting LTE.

You don't want that one on Cricket, it only has Verizon LTE.

You want the XT1058 model that supports AT&T LTE bands, also only $200 (but sadly only 16GB and white, look harder maybe you can find a black one or 32GB).
You can use the Developer Edition XT1053 on AT&T as well. (That's a black XT1053 16GB denominated in a different currency.) The XT1053s are thin on the ground at this point but there are a couple 32GBs there if you're willing to go to $300.

I've had two people buy from this seller without an issue. That's the 16GB XT1058 (Unlocked, AT&T).

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="441722972"]
People with a Moto Keylink: how has it been working for you? My Cobra Tag finally died.

I guess i'm in the minority because mine works fine. I wish it could be a little louder, and make noise when it gets separated from my keys.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

VodeAndreas posted:

I finally got my N6 turbo charger in the mail (Australian version), will this have a non-zero percent chance of making my QI pad explode if I plug it in via the USB port on it?

Or should it be fine.

It will be fine, the turbo chargers only deliver full power when a phone asks for it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It also won't make your qi pad work any better, so there's no real reason to do that.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So are you guys still all hating on the OPO? My N4 is fine except for Polaroid camera and having the same amount of storage as a PlayStation memory card. These things need to be remedied and I don't want to spend $700 or something

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

codo27 posted:

So are you guys still all hating on the OPO? My N4 is fine except for Polaroid camera and having the same amount of storage as a PlayStation memory card. These things need to be remedied and I don't want to spend $700 or something

Z3C can be found used for less than $400 now

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Z3 Compact is an interesting recommendation for someone considering a OnePlus One...

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Sony-Xperia-Z3-Compact,OnePlus-One/phones/8744,8603

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Rastor posted:

Z3 Compact is an interesting recommendation for someone considering a OnePlus One...

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Sony-Xperia-Z3-Compact,OnePlus-One/phones/8744,8603

Hey, if camera and capacity are your main concerns, going N4-Z3C makes sense.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Rastor posted:

Size isn't everything :smugdroid:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Rastor posted:

Since price, camera, and storage were the things they mentioned, I don't see why you think the physical size is why they wanted the OPO.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Guys, I'm not saying the Z3 Compact is bad. I'm just saying: be aware that it's, well, compact.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm happy with the size of the N4 and it feels amazing in my hand despite their largeness. I don't need a phablet, don't know why anyone would

How hard is the Z3 to unlock? Already spotted a good deal locally but its probably sold

codo27 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 19, 2015

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

codo27 posted:

. I don't need a phablet, don't know why anyone would

Going to take a stab here at something crazy: preference?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So I know probably no one is interested. But TracFone has started doing 4G LTE service for phones now. If you're not big into using a lot of data it's really cheap. I've spent like $180 so far on my phone's service($100 for 1yr, $80 in data) since February of last year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

codo27 posted:

I'm happy with the size of the N4 and it feels amazing in my hand despite their largeness. I don't need a phablet, don't know why anyone would

How hard is the Z3 to unlock? Already spotted a good deal locally but its probably sold

Yeah, good thing about the Z3 Compact is it has about the same screen size as the N4 and One M7 (and iPhone 6), but is noticeably smaller in hand. Screen sizes: 4.7", 4.7", 4.6".

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Thanks for the help everyone! Probably going to pick up a new Moto X 2013 off eBay tomorrow. Now for the service. I've seen a couple people recommend Cricket and some stuff online mention Straight Talk... Any opinions there?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Thanks for the help everyone! Probably going to pick up a new Moto X 2013 off eBay tomorrow. Now for the service. I've seen a couple people recommend Cricket and some stuff online mention Straight Talk... Any opinions there?

Go Cricket, $50 will get you 5gb of data (it is throttled to 8mbps on LTE), $60 will get you 20gb. Save a bunch if you've got friends you can bring on board.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

SlayVus posted:

So I know probably no one is interested. But TracFone has started doing 4G LTE service for phones now. If you're not big into using a lot of data it's really cheap. I've spent like $180 so far on my phone's service($100 for 1yr, $80 in data) since February of last year.

There is a Prepaid Smartphone Thread where getting your smartphone onto cheap plans is discussed. The current prevailing opinion there is Cricket good, Straight Talk / Net10 bad.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Other option is the Xperia Z2, 3Gb ram, bigger screen if he needs it and bigger battery. At least in Spain, the Z2 is cheaper (by 50€) than the Z3C so I think it a good alternative too.

For full comparison: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6538&idPhone2=6144

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

codo27 posted:

As in root? Relatively easy. You don't want to unlock the bootloader, though, because Sony set it up to make the camera worse if you do.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Sorry, carrier unlock I mean.

Whats out there with a dedicated camera button?
(looks like the Z2 does- found a couple for sale locally again but ads are old)

codo27 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 19, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're not carrier locked in the US, so, uh, open the box?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Canada eh. Though it may be the same case up here

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Cricket is the better choice, whatever the price difference.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

LastInLine posted:

Cricket is the better choice, whatever the price difference.

That's what I've been reading online as well. Glad I asked for the S.A. opinion! Will probably stop by Wal-Mart after work and see if they have a cricket SIM kit. Thanks again everyone for your help. :)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Lenovo's malware debacle (or rather, their lack of self awareness as to why people see it as a debacle) has really started to make me doubt the long term prospects of Motorola.

I know I certainly will never be buying a Lenovo PC again, I just hope Motorola remains very distinct and separate from everything else.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
I got a Nexus 6 with a blue tint to the bottom of the screen and a crooked USB port, but before I could call about an RMA I scraped 2 of the corners. Should I still bother with trying to RMA it or will I just end up getting billed for it?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I can't get a Droid Turbo to connect to Office 365. Activesync is on, it's only the one phone having a problem, and it's saying it's unable to connect to server. It should be autodiscovering it no problem; anyone else had a similar issue? Microsoft has so far not been helpful.

EDIT: Specifically, the Office 365 Hosted Exchange.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 20, 2015

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Thanatosian posted:

I can't get a Droid Turbo to connect to Office 365. Activesync is on, it's only the one phone having a problem, and it's saying it's unable to connect to server. It should be autodiscovering it no problem; anyone else had a similar issue? Microsoft has so far not been helpful.

EDIT: Specifically, the Office 365 Hosted Exchange.

Uh wrong thread, you want the O365 hosted exchange support thread.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

r0ck0 posted:

Uh wrong thread, you want the O365 hosted exchange support thread.
I was hoping maybe someone in here had run into the same issue.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

bull3964 posted:

Lenovo's malware debacle (or rather, their lack of self awareness as to why people see it as a debacle) has really started to make me doubt the long term prospects of Motorola.

I know I certainly will never be buying a Lenovo PC again, I just hope Motorola remains very distinct and separate from everything else.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

The whole thing is quite disappointing.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

DemonMage posted:

It also won't make your qi pad work any better, so there's no real reason to do that.

I know it won't boost the qi pad but it will mean only having one plug next to my bed still and I just need to unplug the qi pad and use my phone instead when I need it to charged NOW

Thanks for the replies

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Since updating to Lollipop, my Nexus 5 has had really shocking battery life, and it seems like it's getting worse. It's at the point where I can't even get a full day out of it before it's flat.

Why on earth is Google Services using up so much of the battery, and what can I turn off to help save it?

The graph looks really weird as well, because it was on charge from about 11:30 last night. Why is it charging so slowly between around 1:00am and 4:00am? It seems to pick up quite rapidly at about 4:00-5:00am. Is my battery screwed?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
You got Googled

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Mad Katter posted:

Since updating to Lollipop, my Nexus 5 has had really shocking battery life, and it seems like it's getting worse. It's at the point where I can't even get a full day out of it before it's flat.

Why on earth is Google Services using up so much of the battery, and what can I turn off to help save it?

The graph looks really weird as well, because it was on charge from about 11:30 last night. Why is it charging so slowly between around 1:00am and 4:00am? It seems to pick up quite rapidly at about 4:00-5:00am. Is my battery screwed?

Do a factory reset.

You absolutely shouldn't have to, but it is usually the easiest way to resolve this type of mess after a major version update.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try when I get time to back up all my photos etc.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

For what it's worth, my Nexus 5 took about the same hit after Lollipop as well as all my other devices. I dare say it's just how Lollipop is as most of those devices were fresh factory images, not updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I think I've heard people say that wiping the cache in recovery sometimes fixes issues on the Nexus 5 on Lollipop. Might be worth a try before doing a full factory reset.