Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Alain Post posted:

We all hate Woking scum.

Woking Scum > Milton Keynes Devils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Brainwrong posted:

sniper conspiracy

Friend of Michael's, or just biding his time until a rock did the job for him? THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Riso posted:

English place names are incredibly stupid.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alain Post posted:

We all hate Woking scum.

Racist.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Riso posted:

Seriously, this is like arguing which kind of turd is better.

Edit: I'm not being snippy, I lived in Southampton for 15 years, I know all about shitholes.

With Lewis having a fever and Nico with a trapped nerve in his neck..what's going on at Mercedes?

Sulman fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 19, 2015

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sulman posted:

Edit: I'm not being snippy, I lived in Southampton for 15 years, I know all about shitholes.

With Lewis having a fever and Nico with a trapped nerve in his neck..what's going on at Mercedes?

Could be worse, could be Stevenage

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sulman posted:

Lots of unprotected sex

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Mercedes is trying to poison Lewis while giving Nico an alibi

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Enough Hammertime can get anyone hot enough to have a feaver.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
noticed pastor was top of the timesheet what a driver

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Is there any video footage of Felipe Nassa crashing into that woman today?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

keevo posted:

Good. Whoever runs that blog sucks. It was good for news but holy hell that guy had bad opinions about stuff on Twitter.

Keith Collantine. He had a real full time job doing something and ran the site on a part time basis as just a fan. Then a few years back he decided to go full time and this suddenly skyrockted his ego to give the impression that he's some sort of actual influential voice in F1. He's just some arrogant rear end in a top hat running a site with font sizes way too loving big. I can't stand to read that site for more than a couple days cause of how opinionated all the pieces can get and his bleeding heart 'think of the fans!~!!!!!' idea that he's some sort of voice for the people.

Riso posted:

Oh my god, the most terrible news fellas!
ARE LEWIS is ill and cannot test.

Is it a broken heart?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Payndz posted:

I searched for this (I like the idea of a billionaire's mental no-limits racing car so much I might put it into my next book), but couldn't find it. I did, however, find a blog where someone suggested in all seriousness that Gordon Murray's design was a bit wimpy with only a gas turbine engine, and proposed replacing it with a nuclear reactor instead.

The article we were talking could well be ten years old by now and I only saw it in print.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pastor is #1.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seems like it's going to be a three way fight between the Ferrari drivers and Pastor for the WDC.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i need to set up some kind of alert for all the confused reddit posts after ferrari/sauber/lotus/etc don't live up to their testing pace in melbourne

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
All of them will outperform McLaren.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Seems like it's going to be a three way fight between the Ferrari drivers and Pastor for the WDC.

hail satan

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Alain Post posted:

It's hardly a fair fight between a fire-fighting Mexican giant and two skinny-armed cheating disabled men.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

he is

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
God damnit Ted is one awkward goony sad son of a bitch.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brainwrong posted:

It's hardly a fair fight between a fire-fighting Mexican giant and two skinny-armed cheating disabled men.

Alonso isn't disabled, wtf.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

Sounds like my kinda season.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Wirth1000 posted:

Keith Collantine. He had a real full time job doing something and ran the site on a part time basis as just a fan. Then a few years back he decided to go full time and this suddenly skyrockted his ego to give the impression that he's some sort of actual influential voice in F1. He's just some arrogant rear end in a top hat running a site with font sizes way too loving big. I can't stand to read that site for more than a couple days cause of how opinionated all the pieces can get and his bleeding heart 'think of the fans!~!!!!!' idea that he's some sort of voice for the people.

Don't forget how the site's organization is worse than Reddit's.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They have a nice collection of high-res pics, though.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I'm pleased worst thread dislikes Collantine. He became unbearable about five years ago for me. Suddenly got very full of himself on Twitter.

Good for him turning his hobby into his work but he doesn't have to be such a knob about it.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I legit forgot who the otber Ferrari driver was for a good 20 seconds there.
"I know it's not Fernando, and Massa left, didn't he?"

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Sulman posted:

I'm pleased worst thread dislikes Collantine. He became unbearable about five years ago for me. Suddenly got very full of himself on Twitter.

Seconding this, got exactly that same impression, around about the same kind of timeframe too.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Nico continuing his mind games with Lewis by announcing that his wife is pregnant.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It'll have suspiciously dark skin because Lewis came first.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nah we all know it'll come out looking like a Spaniard wearing Oakleys. That or it'll have a severe malfunction during the final push and have to retire handing the championship to Lewis.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I was reading about the Wolff / Nasr collision in practice yesterday. Glad to see Wolff saying "of course I didn't apologise" when asked by some journo. From the sounds of it it was just a racing incident. Or a testing incident I guess.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Or two poo poo drivers coming together.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

simplefish posted:

I legit forgot who the otber Ferrari driver was for a good 20 seconds there.
"I know it's not Fernando, and Massa left, didn't he?"

Diet Crack posted:

Or two poo poo drivers coming together.

badoomtish

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

two poo poo drivers coming together.

Aka formula 1

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Sebastian Vettel has denied he is a "carbon copy" of fellow German and F1 legend Michael Schumacher. Vettel's comments come after new Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene welcomed the arrival at Maranello of Red Bull's quadruple world champion.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/gossip/

He's right... 1. Schumacher wasn't a fraud and 2. Vettel isn't a vegetable (yet)

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
to be fair; Schumacher did kinda vettell his first championship by having a car far better than anyone else - it took him being banned from two races and disqualified from two more for the championship to be competitive

although he did take ferrari from being a lovely team that hadn't won a championship in years and managed to win five and could have won three more if it wasn't for the world's shittest move at Jerez, a tyre blowout at Suzuka which happens to be the first f1 related thing that i can clearly remember and ferrari's first engine failure in years at Suzuka

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Not sure if your taking the piss or what. Schumi won the 94 championship because he was head and shoulders better then anyone else that season, and for about the next ten seasons really. Don't give me any bullshit about Hakkinen who had frequent problems beating DC of all people.

90's Schumacher was about the theoretical equivalent of Alonso vs a grid full of Nelson Piquet Jrs.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Sebastian Vettel has denied he is a "carbon copy" of fellow German and F1 legend Michael Schumacher. Vettel's comments come after new Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene welcomed the arrival at Maranello of Red Bull's quadruple world champion.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/gossip/

He's right... 1. Schumacher wasn't a fraud and 2. Vettel isn't a vegetable (yet)

Vettel is better than Schumacer, hes cooler and also more good. Also he didnt win with a cheaty car unlike ms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

keevo posted:

Nico continuing his mind games with Lewis by announcing that his wife is pregnant.

Pre-season mindgames: Nico 2 - Lewis 0

track day bro! posted:

Vettel is better than Schumacer, hes cooler and also more good. Also he didnt win with a cheaty car unlike ms.

I... I... :stare:

Worst thread.

• Locked thread