Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

No. Byers's claim is not very good, and none of it makes me scum either.

Just what scum would say, Byers claim is airtight.

sandwolf vote for ecco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Abyssal Squid posted:

welp

##vote Ecco

This is a bad vote.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
##unvote

Sorry for not picking up on your awesome pro strat of acting as ridiculously scummy as possible in order to prevent drawing scum attention, Byers.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Like realchat I made the doctor joke because how obvious of a protect Asiina was and how surprised I was she died, and because it was really obvious pig was bluffing like a loon.

Why wouldn't you protect the claimed watcher Byers.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

Wow paranoid much, Mr.OMGUS?

Opop, kill ecco.

Ecco is scum.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

EccoRaven posted:

No. Byers's claim is not very good, and none of it makes me scum either.

My claim is the truth, and you're now angling for a way to survive after my flip. "Sure, Byers was town and telling the truth, but none of it is conclusive!"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

This is a bad vote.

no its not, its for ecco

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

Just what scum would say, Byers claim is airtight.

sandwolf vote for ecco.

I don't think Ecco's scum, I literally don't see a single argument for it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Gabriel Pope posted:

##unvote

Sorry for not picking up on your awesome pro strat of acting as ridiculously scummy as possible in order to prevent drawing scum attention, Byers.

Vote for ecco dummy.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Wow paranoid much, Mr.OMGUS?

Except for Gabe, I cased all of you before you voted me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

I don't think Ecco's scum, I literally don't see a single argument for it.

So his behavior in thread up to this point doesnt just scream scum to you?

Think of Ecco's normal playstyle and then read what hes been doing in this game. Seriously, sandwolf, you cant possibly be this dense.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

My claim is the truth, and you're now angling for a way to survive after my flip. "Sure, Byers was town and telling the truth, once or twice, although he still made obvious lies an awful lot for someone who was town"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Like realchat I made the doctor joke because how obvious of a protect Asiina was and how surprised I was she died, and because it was really obvious pig was bluffing like a loon.

Why is no one thinking this. Byers who did you protect.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

My claim is the truth, and you're now angling for a way to survive after my flip. "Sure, Byers was town and telling the truth, but none of it is conclusive!"

Because even if you're town your argument against me is absolute nonsense. Anyone who actually reads them (or is too lazy and just reads Pope's analysis) concludes the same thing.

This is why thunderdomes are stupid, because even if you're a (really incompetent) doctor, I'm also town, so you're shooting the town in the foot (which is your track record currently since you didn't protect the claimed watcher!).

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Because I didn't believe her claim. And sorry, but I don't see how it was obvious CPig was bluffing or you were joking. A joke doc claim would be more ridiculous.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Why is no one thinking this. Byers who did you protect.

Me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

So his behavior in thread up to this point doesnt just scream scum to you?

Think of Ecco's normal playstyle and then read what hes been doing in this game. Seriously, sandwolf, you cant possibly be this dense.

"Scream" scum? loving god no. This is how Ecco always plays. I feel like I'm on qualudes wtf.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

"Scream" scum? loving god no. This is how Ecco always plays. I feel like I'm on qualudes wtf.

No , this is not how ecco always plays.

Ecco scumbud found.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol so you protected yourself and still think Ecco is scum?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

lol so you protected yourself and still think Ecco is scum?

Yeah. Ecco killing me would be too obvious.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Because I didn't believe her claim.
why?

Why didn't you believe her claim?

Everyone else backed off because of how obvious it was that she was speaking from a place of truth. She's a watcher - an easily proven claim.

Why did you vote for her in the first place? "Bad gut." You know why you actually voted her? Because she said your case on me was dumb.

You're the most self-serving person in the thread right now and I really hope you're not actually a doctor because you're possibly one of the worst choices for that role.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah. Ecco killing me would be too obvious.

so obvious it didn't even happen :toot:

CapitalistPig posted:

No , this is not how ecco always plays.

yes I regularly tell byers to vote himself jokeclaim roles and post sondheim lyrics.

you've found my one scumtell.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

why?

Why didn't you believe her claim?

Everyone else backed off because of how obvious it was that she was speaking from a place of truth. She's a watcher - an easily proven claim.

Why did you vote for her in the first place? "Bad gut." You know why you actually voted her? Because she said your case on me was dumb.

You're the most self-serving person in the thread right now and I really hope you're not actually a doctor because you're possibly one of the worst choices for that role.

Thank you for putting thoughts I didn't have about Asiina into my head. I did not believe Asiina's claim, so I chose to protect someone I knew was a town PR.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Also, after my claim I want everyone to notice that the argument immediately shifted from "Byers is scum" to "Byers is bad town" for both Ecco and Gabe. They did not try to deny my claim, because they know they would lose that argument and likely end up looking worse for having it. So they need to shut down my case on Ecco.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

I would [to vote for Asiina], but like most everyone else it's more guts than anything specific I can point to.

Byers2142 posted:

Here's my top three right now. [...] Asiina, because she's just not right this game, like her stated opinions are not her true opinions or something.

Byers2142 posted:

Asiina I'm not saying things about because it's all bad vibes but still would vote.

honey please.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote Ok I buy it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Byers2142 posted:

They did not try to deny my claim

I deny your claim which is why I am still voting for you. Because a doctor would have protected Asiina, the claimed watcher.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

Also, after my claim I want everyone to notice that the argument immediately shifted from "Byers is scum" to "Byers is bad town" for both Ecco and Gabe. They did not try to deny my claim, because they know they would lose that argument and likely end up looking worse for having it. So they need to shut down my case on Ecco.

I beat you to the punch.

Gabriel Pope posted:

I'm not seeing frustrated town. Frustrated town players don't contradict themselves--and reality--in order to bend the facts to their case when convenient. Bad town players might, but as Byers frequently reminds us, he is smart and we are dumb and bad at mafia, so if his argument is terrible (it is) we must assume that it's deliberate.

No doubt the fact that I "came out ahead" of your claim "shows a guilty conscience" so I'm scum anyway.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Someone loving shoot Byers.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

honey please.

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

But then you try to make it out as though I secretly voted her because I didn't like her initially bad mouthing a case I made that she later said made more sense once it was laid out to her. That's your trying to editorialize thoughts I did not have about Asiina.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lol you guys are dumb ecco, pope, sandwolf, squid

scum teams 4 lyfe.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey guys

It's a two scumteam game.

Giving each scumteam a doctor makes a lot of sense.

You know what kind of doctor wouldn't protect a claimed town watcher? A scum doctor who is more concerned with his own survival over the town's!

And that's assuming he's not actually just totally fakeclaiming to draw out a counterclaim!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Well with two scumteams, even if Byers is scum he's probs gonna get nightkilled for his claim, so there's not much point in voting for him now.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Abyssal Squid posted:

Well with two scumteams, even if Byers is scum he's probs gonna get nightkilled for his claim, so there's not much point in voting for him now.

Except he can protect himself apparently, so that's not really assured at all.

You should vote Byers because his claim doesn't come from a town place. It comes from a scum place.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Abyssal Squid posted:

Hey, honestly, gently caress you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Sandwolf calm down, like I told you in our scumdoc, it's just a game and Abyssal is newer. It's better to go with honey than vinegar or something.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

And this was called for because? Why's Squid getting your anger?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

I didn't mean this, I just meant you can't trust the scum team to do a pro-townie thing for us. Hanging dudes is the only weapon we have, unless someone of unimportant alignment wants to SHOOT BYERS.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

And if he somehow survives the night then yeah that's probably due to a scum doctor, good news he's confirmed as scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It was supposed to sound more funny than angry im sorry squid I didn't mean it :(

• Locked thread