Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Curse does/did all of TSM's advertising for them. I know that's a separate entity than curse esports but they should have hired regi as an independent contractor to come in and make xpecial cry once a week or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Disinterested posted:

That's an exception, not a rule. You can't act like in general language isn't a problem playing a complicated team game because one exceptional team made one exceptional run. That is farcical.
http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/2015_LPL/Spring/Regular_Season

Lot of exceptions in China this year. The first and third place teams in China right now feature 2+ Koreans on the roster and 9 of the 12 teams overall in LPL have Koreans.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Also keep in mind that lustboy didn't speak much English either and he only had one Korean speaking bro in the tsm organization, as opposed to piglet's at least two. There's a lot of poo poo going on in the liquid house

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Flameingblack posted:

Uzi is also a baby for complaining so much about his team before World's (Threatening to quit?) and then going to one of the few all-chinese teams in LPL after Championships were over because he didn't like sharing the team with Koreans.

To be fair, Uzi, Corn and Cola were being paid less than InSec and Zero. I'd be pretty loving pissed off if I were in his situation, regarded as the best ADC in the world even by the likes of Imp and Deft, but still paid less than foreign teammates.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

No, this is more like what Xpecial said: "Keith is great because he understands basic english words like "DONT DIE" and listens to the team unlike our OTHER AD Carry" when he could have just said "Keith was a great substitute for us, he fits in really well with everyone and he was very open to listening to the team" and Xpecial never had to say anything about Piglet to make every single person in the world know there were internal issues before week 1.

You're making Xpecial sound a lot more aggressive than he actually is. He just said that not being able to speak the same language was a big detriment which is obvious to anyone who has done anything. He also complimented Piglet's mechanics at the same time.

How is he unprofessional for acknowledging what is obvious? Piglet doesn't really speak Engish. How does that speak to internal issues besides their bot lane being a work in progress?

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Also keep in mind that lustboy didn't speak much English either and he only had one Korean speaking bro in the tsm organization, as opposed to piglet's at least two. There's a lot of poo poo going on in the liquid house

I know Fenix speaks Korean. Who else on TL does?

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 21, 2015

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I think that the cross-language synergy is possible and Xpecial might have thought that he'd go along with Piglet's laning better. So I can understand the lack of chemistry being a concern, but if you get a foreign non-English speaker you should probably be a little more patient with the communication process.

Still, what Xpecial said isn't wildly unprofessional - more the way he seemed to say it multiple times and repeatedly bring it up.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Calax posted:

Is it just me or is it that the teams that have the most fun together are generally doing the best? Especially in the NA LCS where TSM and CLG are just having a party and happen to be at the top of the standings.

This is true but you've got causation reversed.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I know I've always liked Cop but I'd like to flip and call him out for being a PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE rear end in a top hat because he admitted that he didn't speak Russian.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

I think that the cross-language synergy is possible and Xpecial might have thought that he'd go along with Piglet's laning better. So I can understand the lack of chemistry being a concern, but if you get a foreign non-English speaker you should probably be a little more patient with the communication process.

Still, what Xpecial said isn't wildly unprofessional - more the way he seemed to say it multiple times and repeatedly bring it up.
He never misses an opportunity to bring up how little English that Piglet speaks and how much he wishes they still had Keith but he keeps doing it in the most indirect way possible, and he keeps doing it in interviews in the LCS which is a big no. That might be TSM's gimmick but you shouldn't be airing your dirty laundry like that. I don't watch the NBA but how often was LeBron James whining about his team sucking?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

I know Fenix speaks Korean. Who else on TL does?
Someone on their coaching staff does, but I don't remember what his role is. Analyst, maybe?

To Xpecial's credit, it's probably easiest to have the support be the shotcaller/aggressor in a lane because they've got all the engaging power most of the time. Seeing Piglet want to go for a trade and Xpecial immediately walk backwards because he doesn't want to is painful, Xpecial doesn't ever look like he wants to cooperate with anything Piglet does.

Even in the example in the Team Liquid Show, where Dom said he didn't know what to do when both carries are saying "Go go go" and the coaches kept telling "Then go" it's really that simple because otherwise you've got piglet and Fenix running forward to engage while Xpecial and Dom stand around giving the enemy team 2 kills for free while you back off and have a jungler and support player to defend an objective now. It doesn't matter who your shotcaller is if you've got a carry who is really itching to go in on an engage he knows is good and no one else commits. Apparently no one on that team was communicating at all and people were making Piglet cry (But he does that anyway)

You've either got to teach your most aggressive player to calm down, or you've got to follow your most aggressive player in. You can't do nothing because it turns into a really loving dumb Vulcan team. In Piglet's case, he's a World Champion and really stubborn already so the idea that he's going to become a lot more passive is really low, especially when Xpecial and Piglet don't seem to like each other at all.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

To Xpecial's credit, it's probably easiest to have the support be the shotcaller/aggressor in a lane because they've got all the engaging power most of the time. Seeing Piglet want to go for a trade and Xpecial immediately walk backwards because he doesn't want to is painful, Xpecial doesn't ever look like he wants to cooperate with anything Piglet does.

Even in the example in the Team Liquid Show, where Dom said he didn't know what to do when both carries are saying "Go go go" and the coaches kept telling "Then go" it's really that simple because otherwise you've got piglet and Fenix running forward to engage while Xpecial and Dom stand around giving the enemy team 2 kills for free while you back off and have a jungler and support player to defend an objective now. It doesn't matter who your shotcaller is if you've got a carry who is really itching to go in on an engage he knows is good and no one else commits. Apparently no one on that team was communicating at all and people were making Piglet cry (But he does that anyway)

You've either got to teach your most aggressive player to calm down, or you've got to follow your most aggressive player in. You can't do nothing because it turns into a really loving dumb Vulcan team. In Piglet's case, he's a World Champion and really stubborn already so the idea that he's going to become a lot more passive is really low, especially when Xpecial and Piglet don't seem to like each other at all.

And Piglet has also shown himself to be stubborn in other ways (picking Urgot in a serious scrim against the coach's wishes like mentioned before) - so maybe some of the discord is him being belligerent. Perhaps he feels like he needs to get things done in the lane or has the classic solo queue 'I need to carry this myself' mentality, thinking he can just stomp the other NA lanes by himself? He does come from SKTK, who were always kind of cocky and didn't hesitate to try to style on opponents whenever they could too.

So yeah, it seems like it might just not work out, but maybe Piglet will take the benching to heart, who knows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Liquid needs to break Piglet and rebuild him from the ground up like TSM did with Wildturtle, but I don't know if that's even going to matter if he still doesn't get along with Xpecial. It's a long-term gamble.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Apparently Coast benched Jesiz, who decided that meant he was going back to Europe and becoming an ADC. Well, all right then.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lmao can't wait to see him play boring waveclear ADCs and get stomped in every lategame team fight.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Finally jesiz can go to a lane where he doesn't have to wait until mid game to relentlessly eat Morgana bindings

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Someday his superteam will arrive.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he's going to convince ocelote to come out of retirement and they will team up to finally get back at xpeke

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Honestly I can see Jesiz working as a role player adc on a team with other playmakers - someone who just needs to do damage and be a janitor (like Bang on SKT). As long as he can farm up and position safely I think it could work.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Honestly I can see Jesiz working as a role player adc on a team with other playmakers - someone who just needs to do damage and be a janitor (like Bang on SKT). As long as he can farm up and position safely I think it could work.

Yeah I agree.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If all he did was farm and position safely most of this thread would hail him as the most underrated and secretly second best ADC in Europe.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

If all he did was farm and position safely most of this thread would hail him as the most underrated and secretly second best ADC in Europe.

Forgiven dies too much :colbert:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Predictions today boys?

W5M1 - Liquid vs.WFX
W5M2 - Team 8 vs.Gravity
W5M3 - Cloud 9 vs.TiP
W5M4 - Dignitas vs.CLG
W5M5 - TSM vs.Coast

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't expect any of the games today outside the first to be that close. I think Winterfox is going to have a letdown game so we don't hear the end of the Keith memes and that Cloud 9 is going to easily beat a TiP team that has trouble with rotating and we'll also get to hear about how Cloud 9 is back again, babaaaay.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Libertine posted:

Predictions today boys?

W5M1 - Liquid vs.WFX
W5M2 - Team 8 vs.Gravity
W5M3 - Cloud 9 vs.TiP
W5M4 - Dignitas vs.CLG
W5M5 - TSM vs.Coast

W5M1 - Liquid vs.WFX
W5M2 - Team 8 vs.Gravity
W5M3 - Cloud 9 vs.TiP
W5M4 - Dignitas vs.CLG
W5M5 - TSM vs.Coast

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

W5M1 - Liquid vs.WFX
W5M2 - Team 8 vs.Gravity
W5M3 - Cloud 9 vs.TiP
W5M4 - Dignitas vs.CLG
W5M5 - TSM vs.Coast

Biggest upset potential is probably TiP vs. C9, since C9 has looked mortal and TiP can snowball really hard based on the high individual skill levels. Closest match is probably Liquid/WFX - we'll have to see if putting KMcB in the starting lineup gives Liquid the new-player morale bump.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The thing is Winterfox is bringing in their regular support and coach this week, but I don't know how long they've had to practice with the new setup. If it was a smooth transition I do think they'll win.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
W5M1 - Liquid vs.WFX
W5M2 - Team 8 vs.Gravity
W5M3 - Cloud 9 vs.TiP
W5M4 - Dignitas vs.CLG
W5M5 - TSM vs.Coast

This is what I'm going with. I think the first three games are all evenly matched 50/50s. I think wild Dignitas will show up today and win because of no logical reason. There's always at least one crazy upset every day.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
W5M1 - Liquid vs.WFX: I tried to bold TL here but it just felt wrong. I think this is my first time predicting a Winterfox win :ohdear: Rooting for TL obviously!
W5M2 - Team 8 vs.Gravity: Cointoss of the day?
W5M3 - Cloud 9 vs.TiP: Unlike above, I wouldn't even consider this an upset if Impulse won. They have a lot of great strengths and C9 has some apparent weaknesses.
W5M4 - Dignitas vs.CLG
W5M5 - TSM vs.Coast

Ihki fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 21, 2015

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Liquid vs.WFX
Team 8 vs.Gravity
Butt 9 vs.TiP
Dignitas vs.CLG
TSM vs.Coast

Really interested to see how the new support and coach are going to affect Winterfox.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

The thing is Winterfox is bringing in their regular support and coach this week, but I don't know how long they've had to practice with the new setup. If it was a smooth transition I do think they'll win.

Actually that's a good point - is this going to be their first studio game with Korean comms?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Liquid vs.WFX - Keith is back.
Team 8 vs.Gravity - Team 8 is bad.
Cloud 9 vs.TiP - I'm a fan boy.
Dignitas vs.CLG - I believe in CloudNyugen.
TSM vs.Coast - Seems about right.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Winterfox are my boys but Keith needs to get lots and lots of Fantasy points so I can get some free skins.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
So is it funnier if Keith is amazing or terrible?

Cheshire Puss
Sep 14, 2007

Only the insane equate pain with success.
Either is fine. A bland performance would ruin the narrative though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I hope he gets a 20 KDA every day and gets benched again, dooming curse to lose in the standings to their former "training" team.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Xpecial's face already looks pensive like he's about to potentially complain about this draft any second.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

FIZZ BOYS

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Game one is actually really interesting. Game two is a toss up even though gravity is better. None of the rest are interesting.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

Team "what's a front line" vs. Team "Click button to engage" this should be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Man AD Fizz is the worst loving thing. Thanks for ruining some of my games with that dumb poo poo.

• Locked thread