Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
...aaand the Australia v Bangladesh game has been officially abandoned. Stupid Queensland weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

The Deadly Hume posted:

...aaand the Australia v Bangladesh game has been officially abandoned. Stupid Queensland weather.

Hahah Australia couldn't even beat Bangladesh

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'd be great if they gave Aussie the points anyway.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'm disappointed, despite figuring it was going to happen, as I was looking forward to this match because I really like Bangladesh, and Australia play them so rarely.

Ends up being just another reason to hate Queensland.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
So Australia aren't going to play their second match in this torunament until two weeks into it.

I really can't commend this scheduling enough, brilliant job. Imagine if they spaced out the soccer World Cup by an extra few weeks just so the host nation could play on a weekend every time.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
McGrath and Reiffel never really fired when paired in South Africa. Their best was probably the drawn ODI series of 1993/94.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
It's also kind of funny because this is basically the biggest game being played in Brisbane because the Newman government couldn't be bothered.

quote:

The Campbell Newman government demanded full venue and operating costs from World Cup bosses for Gabba games, despite other state governments offering significantly reduced and underwritten venue costs;

* The Queensland State Government’s promotional budget for World Cup games in Brisbane was almost non-existent;

* Tourism, marketing and other incentives such as fan zones which were provided in other cities would not have been funded in Queensland.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Scylo posted:

It's also kind of funny because this is basically the biggest game being played in Brisbane because the Newman government couldn't be bothered.

That's not funny at all. Just kinda sad.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Scylo posted:

To be fair the ICC forcing host cities to underwrite games is a joke. But yes, foolish by the Newman government

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I agree with Shmoses, the Newman gov was hosed in many ways but I respect its standing up to the loving ICC.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah I agree with gabensraum.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Well I agree with Shmoses.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I disagree

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

gabensraum posted:

I agree with gabensraum.

Shmoses posted:

I agree with Shmoses.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

The Deadly Hume posted:

West Indies dealt with Pakistan like Glenn McGrath dealt with an elephant.

For those also wondering wtf he was talking about :

quote:

Glenn McGrath has said he deeply regrets shooting African animals – despite speaking about wanting to do so two years before.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
He probably followed the elephant around calling it a human being all day before shooting it.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wlAilRexDw

Brilliant ad imo.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
So when does the cricket world cup start?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Already started, you should watch it Australia failed to beat Bangladesh plus some other funny stuff happened.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

MrL_JaKiri posted:

So when does the cricket world cup start?

Eoin? That you?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Smorgasbord posted:

Already started, you should watch it Australia failed to beat Bangladesh plus some other funny stuff happened.

Ah sweet can't wait to see some big England scores

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
James Taylor made an excellent 98* and Steve Finn took a hattrick.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

I reckon Finn will do well this world cup. May not get a 50, but backing him to get pretty close

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

James Taylor made an excellent 98* and Steve Finn took a hattrick.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why can I still not buy a replica Afghanistan shirt? What is wrong with the world.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
http://www.icccricketstore.com/cwc-2015-mens-afghanistan-team-tech-polo-71986.phtml

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's the completely different fan shirt.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The one from this photo:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/image/833921.html

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Nice catch that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There are 4 teams in this pool with extremely similar kits.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There are 4 teams in this pool with extremely similar kits.

This is why the next world cup is getting cut back to 10 teams. There just aren't enough colours to go around

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should wear stripes and hoops. Gets a lot more out of the limited palette

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Afghanistan have a better batting lineup than England: discuss.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
What's is that spray everyone gets sprayed with when they're injured on the field?

Glad to see Afghans are batting solid - run rate is a bit low, but if they can bat their overs, it might pick up at the end. I'm pretty sure this will be Sri Lankas game but (happy to be proven wrong later today)

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

auzdark posted:

What's is that spray everyone gets sprayed with when they're injured on the field?

http://www.physioroom.com/product/Deep_Freeze_Cold_Spray/2273/37766.html

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Really enjoying this Afghanistan innings, if they keep this up and their seamers are on their game Sri Lanka will be under all sorts of pressure.

edit: whoops :(

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Airstream Driver posted:

For those also wondering wtf he was talking about :

What a piece of poo poo.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So hyped for IND/SA!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Afghanistan is bad, but are they worse than England?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Afghanistan have good bowling, although not defending this

But Sri Lanka are a good team that have every chance of winning the world cup; they're probably my third pick after the two hosts