Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kurtofan posted:

Can't they announce it today.

You gotta announce the announcement, that's how things work nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

When can I vote for the announcement on steam greenlight

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

When can I vote for the announcement on steam greenlight

They haven't announced that yet.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

drat, should have donated to the indiegogo

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
No, you have to participate in the ARG, which reveals the teaser for the announcement for the announcement.

If you solve all the puzzles (by which, I mean you look at the page sources for words you type into urls), you get a list of bakeries around the US that have cakes on hold to be picked up. You go there and tell them you are "Anne Nouncement" and you get the cake, with a date written out for the announcement for the announcement in frosting.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I came to this thread with its 14 new posts and thought there'd be an announcement :argh:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

I came to this thread with its 14 new posts and thought there'd be an announcement :argh:

There is.

For an announcement.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Well, there was an announcement. Just, you know, it was about the announcement.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Speaking of announcements for announcements, Todd McFarlane, the guy who created Spawn, said in an interview recently that Warner Bros. has a short-term deal to use Spawn in their video games if they please. Which is interesting, since Spawn is from Image Comics while Warner Bros. owns DC Comics. Anyway, that makes it totally kosher for them to include Spawn in MKX.

I hope they don't, though. Spawn is the loving worst.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
where is the best place to pre buy this puppy for PC?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Xenomrph posted:

I probably already know the answer to this, but is the prequel comic worth reading at all?

I don't read enough comics to know if this is typical of comics with such short page counts but they're quite terse, so it feels like you're reading a wikipedia summary of an actual comic book. The later issues have been much better, purely because they've been doing multi-part stories.

They recently switched to a new artist so the art took a hit, but I think the old guy is supposed to be back before long.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Steam?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The comics are bad compared to most anything else you can read. They're ok if you really love mortal kombat.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I think GMG is doing a 25% off voucher for the weekend, so that would be your best bet for now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=mortalkombatx

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Evil Canadian posted:

I think GMG is doing a 25% off voucher for the weekend, so that would be your best bet for now.

ah cool! I was hoping they had the premium edition, but no such luck.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
http://scontent-bru.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10431221_336848589845756_5189779377067841038_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Mortal Kombat X - Spawn, Predator, Carl Weathers, Sweet Tooth and Gwar (also some MK characters)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I hope Sub Zero and Scorpion finally kiss

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DO I GET THIS SKIN PACK

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

HOW DO I GET THIS SKIN PACK

It is included with the pre-order of the PS4 Premium Edition from the European PlayStation Store. You can only get this with a PSN account registered in Europe/Australia and fund it through credit card/PSN cards from the region. It also comes out to around US$105.

The PS4 download pre-order in the North American region doesn't have it for now. I don't know if they'll throw it in later on or not.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 22, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they better

THEY BETTER

I don't even give a gently caress about the theme I just want as many costumes as possible

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jamesman posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Mortal Kombat X - Spawn, Predator, Carl Weathers, Sweet Tooth and Gwar (also some MK characters)

I would be OK with this.

You know what? I never really liked Scorpion nearly as much as Sub-Zero or even Johnny Cage. I think his appeal is entirely the result of how OP he was in MK2 :colbert:

I mean at least Sub-Zero has a story. :\

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Feudal Japan pack? Shujinko confirmed!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

precision posted:

I think his appeal is entirely the result of how OP he was in MK2 :colbert:

His appeal is "Get Over Here!" and having a flaming skull for a head.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

His appeal is "Get Over Here!" and having a flaming skull for a head.

Which is entirely contradictory since how does he say that without any vocal cords or a tongue or whatever?! :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Telepathy. :colbert:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
Turn sound down for initial crowd scream, forum won't let me link to the exact second. :shrug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5wIgJZyqqU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

precision posted:

Which is entirely contradictory since how does he say that without any vocal cords or a tongue or whatever?! :colbert:

By making his flaming skull vibrate until it creates the appropriate sound waves. I mean, duh. :colbert:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like how you said "or even Johnny Cage", as if he somehow hasn't been the best character in the entire series this whole time.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Sub-Zero has always been cooler than Scorpion and Subby getting killed in all of the marketing won't change that. It just makes Ed's poster boy look petty, like he can't win in a real match. :colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Suspicious Cook posted:

Sub-Zero has always been cooler than Scorpion

Literally. :rimshot:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Sub-Zero has always been cooler than Scorpion and Subby getting killed in all of the marketing won't change that. It just makes Ed's poster boy look petty, like he can't win in a real match. :colbert:

Even the endings note those two work better together than apart, so who knows.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
So you're saying that Scorpion-chan is just tsundere for Sub-Zero-kun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Sub's a washout

e: here's the rest. they're unused/placeholder bios for MK4 Arcade Rev. 01

scorpion's kills me every time

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Babe Magnet posted:

Sub's a washout

e: here's the rest. they're unused/placeholder bios for MK4 Arcade Rev. 01

scorpion's kills me every time

I've never seen these. This is fantastic.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Mortal Kombat X: Liu Kang is just a nice guy in general

The Scorpion one is the best.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is Liu Kang dead?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Is Liu Kang dead?

As far as we know he is but considering the near-constant hints they dropped about Evil God Liu Kang I wouldn't be surprise if he dramatically shows up to kill Raiden or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

precision posted:

I would be OK with this.

You know what? I never really liked Scorpion nearly as much as Sub-Zero or even Johnny Cage. I think his appeal is entirely the result of how OP he was in MK2 :colbert:

I mean at least Sub-Zero has a story. :\

:wtc: Scorpion was always low/lowest tier in MK2 even when it was new. :) Scorpion/Reptile/Sub-Zero in general were very weak. His appeal was because this these games were out before taunting, massive amounts of dialogue, story modes, etc. were fully developed as a thing in fighting games, so just the fact that he screamed "GET OVER HERE!" and "COME HERE!" in coherent English during the actual fight and the concept of a move that moves the opponent around and disables the opponent made him the coolest thing ever. Also he had the easiest and most iconicfatality that, due to its lack of blood and comlpication was intact on every port of the game. He's a ninja, but then he's actually GHOST RIDER WHAAAAT.

• Locked thread