Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Kumbamontu posted:

for those of you that are here and not voting Met, I would like to hear why you would prefer a no lynch than Met (other than TT who is just being contrarian)

I guess I was holding back because I don't have a super strong vibe on met (or anyone for that matter). I'm just kind of afraid of voting out a townie, it feels like we didn't have a lot of time to really discuss, but hopefully we'll have more stuff to talk about day 1.

Ah, what the heck. ##Vote: Met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

you've been around the block long enough to know it's stupid TT, don't give me that

counter to sa consensus isn't necessarily stupid :colbert:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i would love to hear your argument as to why my post about how stupid no lynching D1 is is wrong

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote met

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
fuuuuuck

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
two people didn't even have votes down :l

this is clownshoes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

i would love to hear your argument as to why my post about how stupid no lynching D1 is is wrong

i already addressed it, it assumes the values you place on various forms of information/existence in game are universal

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

two people didn't even have votes down :l

this is clownshoes

crocodile tears

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
My list for tomorrow is:

Somber
Kumba

In that order, barring any new information from the night.

If I'm killed, some night actions should be used on one of them.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
taste. if you have bothered to read this setup you would know that a no-lynch is clearly stupid because our powers are one-use. so now we have to either hold onto them, potentially wasting them, or target them with zero information.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah use your loving own reads

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Met posted:

My list for tomorrow is:

Somber
Kumba

these are completely arbitrary

i wasn't active enough on a quiet game with a weekend deadline is stupid by itself, but i found scum today. foolster is absolutely scum, no question.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

My list for tomorrow is:

Somber
Kumba

this guy's read on me was "if hiip is scum then kumba is scum" and now hiip isn't even on his list

lmao

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sorry i shouldn't post past deadline.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey guys its past the deadline geniuses

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
SORRY I GOT EXCITED

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

can we not post in twilight

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Somberbrero posted:

i wasn't active enough on a quiet game with a weekend deadline is stupid by itself, but i found scum today. foolster is absolutely scum, no question.

Not at all. You were already targeted by myself.

Kumba broke into defensive mode because I barely suggested he might be scum if Hiip was.

With that, one more convinced and it was easier for people to vote my way rather than trying to switch everyone over to Somber who others have admitted is already playing Scummy. Considering Kumba helped lead that, I put a lot of blame on him.

The post is also helpful for when I flip town, it allows people to comfortably use their night actions against one of you two because a townie called you out for scummy poo poo.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

hey guys its past the deadline geniuses

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

can we not post in twilight

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I checked the OP and the SA Standard rules and there's nothing forbidding posting after Twilight as long as the mod hasn't posted yet.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Met posted:

I checked the OP and the SA Standard rules and there's nothing forbidding posting after Twilight as long as the mod hasn't posted yet.

Technically true.

So:

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Again, why are you definitely sure I'm scum? Last time I asked I got no response (I even looked back). Because I was a little suspicious about how you insisted Rurea die, and then instead of saying it was a joke said it again as if you're serious?

Like I said, you started backing down after people unvoted you, so it didn't seem like you did it because of pressure, so that makes me a bit less convinced your scum. It seems your pushing for my death awfully hard though for no reason.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

The mascots argue back and forth. Some want to take immediate action. Some want to hold off until more information. Some are already secretly plotting actions they'll take later, actions that are much more direct than this voting nonsense.

The debate stretches on... well past close of business and into the night. Since nobody's getting paid overtime, the mascots decide to wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow should go much better.

Day 1 ended without a majority vote.

PM me (or in one case, email) your night actions. Reminder that this game uses special rules limiting ability usage, please check the OP for full rules and PM Wall Monitor for any clarifications.

Night 1 ends at 10 PM tomorrow, or whenever I get PMs from all players.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Night 1 actions are due in 4 hours.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

The sun rises on Mascotland... as it turns out, today isn't starting out much better than how yesterday ended.

In fact, it's worse. Two bodies lying in the middle of the street in front of LIttle Caesar's house... a little redheaded girl and the roman himself. Was there a tussle that ended in their mutual deaths? Was there some secret meetup that got interrupted by nefarious forces? Were they simply in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Poison Mushroom, Wendy, was killed N1

quote:

You are Wendy, a Role and Alignment Cop!

Power: Where's the Beef?

Where is the beef? Is it hiding under that little slice of pickle? When you're on the case, you know precisely where the beef is: it's on scumteam. By using Where's the Beef, you can target one player and get both a role and alignment read. This is always a sane read, but other powers can interfere with it.

You are town-aligned, and win if all threats to town are eliminated.

Tremendous Taste, Little Caesar (Vigilante), was killed N1

quote:

You are Little Caesar, a Vigilante!

Power: Pizza Pizza

Town normally gets one kill a day, right? Why not make that kill one... get one free? Use Pizza Pizza to make a vigiante kill on someone.

You are town-aligned, and win if all threats to town are eliminated.

Night 1 has ended. There were seven successful actions with 0 blocks and 0 fizzles.. Night action PMs will be arriving shortly, followed by Day 2 beginning.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

quote:

Votecount for Day 1

Met (6): Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Dr. Hurt, Rurea, Foolster41, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (2): Rurea, Poison Mushroom, Hal Incandenza, HiipFire, Rurea, Hal Incandenza, Poison Mushroom, Met
Tremendous Taste (1): Poison Mushroom, Foolster41, Foolster41
Good Sir (1): Mr Tastee
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste
HiipFire (0): Met, Somberbrero, Met, Foolster41, Foolster41, Somberbrero
Mr Tastee (0): Poison Mushroom, Rurea, Rurea, Poison Mushroom
Rurea (0): Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero

Not Voting (2): Good Sir, mr.capps

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Reminder: If a scumteam member is successfully daykilled via majority vote, all players who had a vote on that scum at the time of :redhammer: gain one charge.

D2 is go. If you're expecting a results PM and haven't gotten one, let me know.

D2 will end on Wednesday at 10 PM EST.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we lost some heroes today

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lets kill some villians

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Secund verse. Same as furst. ##vote Met

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
full disclosure i think i accidentally killed pmush

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
also I have to admit I think Met was right about Hiip as much as it pains me to say it

##vote hiip

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
although if tt got his vig kill off and killed pmush before he died and the scum killed him then i guess it wasn't me

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Darn. As much as I was dissing Noid before, Wendy and Ceaser were good ones. Lets avenge them!

Now that day's started I'd like to hear why Somber thinks I'm "definitely scum". I've yet to hear any sort of reasoning besides maybe I misunderstood a joke by him was a joke (and his repeating it made it sound like it wasn't a joke to me)?

Kumbamontu posted:

also I have to admit I think Met was right about Hiip as much as it pains me to say it

##vote hiip

Why do you think Hiip is scum? I see Met's vote was in response to what sounds like a joke ("Somber was maf in the last mafia game I played with him, clearly he'll be mafia again right?"), and then says that Hiip doesn't tend to make good discisions on D1 and unvoted him.

To the Subject of who I suspect, as it was pointed out Met did give good reasons, perticularly passively supporting and then backpedeling from no-lynch.

Other than that, I don't know. I think I need to go back and re-read.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
*inspects newbie pass, frowns*

##vote Foolster41

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:ghost: Go, team Beef! :ghost:

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Foolster41

Huh? You're being really cryptic when asked for information. It's getting on my nerves.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Foolster41

I dont buy this.

##vote Somber

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Met posted:

You forgot the ## in your vote.

If Somber is scum, I have nowhere to go from there.

If Hiip is scum, I'm betting Kumba is as well. But Hiip does tend to not make wise decisions in the early days and Somber is acting a bit weird. He's usually going pretty nuts hunting scum on Day 1 and all of his posts here are pretty minor and uninspired.

##vote: Somber

Met posted:

I really think we should take out somber. He's not as active as he usually is when he's a townie.

##vote: Somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Foolster41 posted:

To the Subject of who I suspect, as it was pointed out Met did give good reasons, perticularly passively supporting and then backpedeling from no-lynch.

Wow, that was confusingly written. I meant Kuba brought up good reasons for suspecting Met. I need to pay more attention when I post.

• Locked thread