Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Curly is...... not what you would call a "normal" child.
Yeah that is basically in character for Curly. Him and Brainy were basically just psychopaths in the making.

Dr. Killjoy has a new favorite as of 12:00 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Here's a thing I found while looking through some old chat logs

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

^^^^ That was certainly a thing. Of some sort.

A long long time ago in a galaxy without furries, there was a film called The Last Unicorn. Not terrible, just cheesy in the way only the 80s can be and still get a pass. I only learned about it from secondhand nostalgia but apparently it predates the original My Little Pony toys/comics?

Apparently Dirk Gently has gotten a TV series. Unfortunately it's BBC so Sherlock and Drwho fans are all over it.

^ Why is this tagged "Darude - Sandstorm" and why are there hundreds of fursona drawings with the same title? It already got run into the ground back when downloading mp3s was edgy but wtf internet.

Mushroom. :confused:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pyro takes a night time guard job at a pizza place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5tQH7y508

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

silentsnack posted:

^ Why is this tagged "Darude - Sandstorm"? It already got run into the ground back when downloading mp3s was edgy but wtf internet.

That character is from DotA, and one of his abilities is called Sand Storm.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

silentsnack posted:

^ Why is this tagged "Darude - Sandstorm" and why are there hundreds of fursona drawings with the same title? It already got run into the ground back when downloading mp3s was edgy but wtf internet.
This might explain things a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1glybACKzMs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The MSJ posted:

Pro-click

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is this an Ecco thing? Because I think every book fair I went to in elementary school sold posters like this.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Is this an Ecco thing? Because I think every book fair I went to in elementary school sold posters like this.

It's got those stars on the forehead and those orbs look kinda like the ones the Asterite has to me. So yeah it's an Ecco thing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

silentsnack posted:

Apparently Dirk Gently has gotten a TV series. Unfortunately it's BBC so Sherlock and Drwho fans are all over it.

My memory of Douglas Adams's work isn't what it used to be, but that seems like a reasonable approximation of what he's supposed to look like.

Didn't he even mention having to go some tropical beach one time?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

What is this even fanart of?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Serperoth posted:

That character is from DotA, and one of his abilities is called Sand Storm.
Somehow I had imagined it would be more

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

My memory of Douglas Adams's work isn't what it used to be, but that seems like a reasonable approximation of what he's supposed to look like.

Didn't he even mention having to go some tropical beach one time?
I think so? He does a lot of strange things just to be gratuitously confusing so it at least fits the character even if it is not Adams' canon

Internet Kraken posted:

What is this even fanart of?

The platform/legs and title are evidently BigDog robot and google suggests R-48k = motorcycle, E-13A = aircraft, and B-601 could be a soundcard or a car or another aircraft.

"Drink." is obviously original (do not steal) and "Steem." is anyone's guess.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Did the dude who made the game release the assets (it's pre-rendered, right?) or are people just so obsessed with the series that they've re-created almost everything?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Veotax posted:

Did the dude who made the game release the assets (it's pre-rendered, right?) or are people just so obsessed with the series that they've re-created almost everything?

What does your heart tell you?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niXpeDyliao

There are so many videos...

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Veotax posted:

The latter. The assets in the video are popular fan-made ones. You can tell because the fan-made models have a cleaner and more generic design.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You can also tell because all the assets in the FNaF games are 2D images and animations.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Graffiti not translated, 0/10.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It saddens me deeply that even after the last time I checked almost a year ago, there's still no Boris Johnson Jojo fanart. Oh well, at least there's always this.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A bunch of anime tank girls as guilty gear characters for some reason?

:confused:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I don't know what's worse. The fact that I know each of these characters have an idea of who they are copying, or the fact that I was confused when you called them 'Tank Girls' and I didn't know if you meant girls with tanks or girls that are tanks.

Japan has ruined me.

J.A.B.C. has a new favorite as of 14:43 on Feb 24, 2015

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

J.A.B.C. posted:

I don't know what's worse. The fact that I know each of these characters have an idea of who they are copying, or the fact that I was confused when you called them 'Tank Girls' and I didn't know if you meant girls with tanks or girls that are tanks.

Japan has ruined me.

You can take solace in the fact that you didn't recognize that those are not tank girls, but are in fact boat girls.

I, on the other hand... :negative:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

J.A.B.C. posted:

'Tank Girls'

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Spike and Vicious? Why are his arms straws?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Rama of Ra posted:

Spike and Vicious? Why are his arms straws?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG7_bVwhr6I

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

The MSJ posted:

that was surprisingly not terrible

some :krad: fanart from Sega Pro magazine

and this

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

I like how they kept the cat girl's cock-eye. Really speaks about the movie's quality.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

laserghost posted:

that was surprisingly not terrible

some :krad: fanart from Sega Pro magazine

So is this the person to blame for Shadow the Hedgehog?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Courtesy of imgur roulette;

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That is some unfortunate bulge positioning.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

Thank you for letting me know your somewhat creepy opinions on Hey Arnold characters.

There's nothing creepy about it. Rhonda was a stuck-up bitch. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

There's nothing creepy about it. Rhonda was a stuck-up bitch. :colbert:

Thank you for letting me know that you think a character from a Nickelodeon cartoon (or Nicktoon, in the common parlance) is a "stuck-up bitch." That's definitely not doubling down on the creepy.

Edit: Also, said character is an elementary school student.

• Locked thread