Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Sand Monster posted:

Yeah but what's JD going to do? His resume has got to be just a bunch of different ways of saying he DVR'd TV shows and pulls the clips.

He's a script doctor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Streebs posted:

He's a script doctor!

"Uuuhhgggyah, I guess, Iunno."

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St4YukNmd0Q

I'm watching this, and jesus holy christ, Howard's impression of his mother is bang-on (while still being Howard's male voice doing a female voice). Like, holy poo poo.

Also, I hate Ralph. He hasn't done anything too obnoxious yet, but just from his roast, I can no longer stand him.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 24, 2015

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

prefect posted:

There are TV programs that are all about pulling clips from other shows, aren't there? That seems like what he does.

He'd be perfect for The Soup on E.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
I Wonder how much Richard and Sal make? Probably pretty good for what they do.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

To Battle posted:

I Wonder how much Richard and Sal make? Probably pretty good for what they do.

If Richard makes less than $2 million a year its not good enough for what he does.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
By the time KC was an associate producer and had been an on air personality for a few years, he was getting paid $20,000 a year.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

kylej posted:

By the time KC was an associate producer and had been an on air personality for a few years, he was getting paid $20,000 a year.

I swear I heard Gary say that stuttering John was making $30K per year when he left to do Leno, but that can't possibly be right.

Leroy
Apr 26, 2003
Oh, I get it.
Wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy Kimmel grabbed a few of them.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I swear I heard Gary say that stuttering John was making $30K per year when he left to do Leno, but that can't possibly be right.

Maybe that's what Tom was paying him. I believe he's said he was making six figures from doing all his stand up tours and personal appearances he got because of his affiliation with the show. Plus all the hot stock tip he was getting from brokers calling the show when he was screening calls.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Here's another grim prop bet: Will Artie live to see Howard's final Sirius show?

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

haljordan posted:

Here's another grim prop bet: Will Artie live to see Howard's final Sirius show?

He should invite Artie for the final show, that would be pretty awesome.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

To Battle posted:

He should invite Artie for the final show, that would be pretty awesome.

I think he should invite Artie for the last month or so, have it be awesome, and it'll convince Howard to do at least two more years with him.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Some classic Sal being ignorantly racist this morning.

All kicked off by that newslady who said "Jiggaboo" on the air.

That was the best way to close out the jigaboo story.

"Hi, I'm Sal Governale."

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

"Hi, I'm Sal Governale." still makes me laugh out loud every single time without fail.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Artie as the emotional friend with the megaphone gets me again, and again.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Sal's racism yesterday gave them an excuse to play this call, didn't remember this one. Artie may never laugh like this again :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJcbx61Ey8

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Sal's racism yesterday gave them an excuse to play this call, didn't remember this one. Artie may never laugh like this again :smith:

I can't listen now, but is this the Charred Walls of the Damned call?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't listen now, but is this the Charred Walls of the Damned call?

No, but it's a similar Christian radio station and their Tradio segment where Richard and Sal sent in a bunch of ridiculous names and listings. For example, a "jungle bunny" that was for sale, and a contractor that was "dropping loads... of dirt...", etc. The hosts were completely clueless.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

No, but it's a similar Christian radio station and their Tradio segment where Richard and Sal sent in a bunch of ridiculous names and listings. For example, a "jungle bunny" that was for sale, and a contractor that was "dropping loads... of dirt...", etc. The hosts were completely clueless.

Ah, a classic.

"SIGN ME UP!"

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think he should invite Artie for the last month or so, have it be awesome, and it'll convince Howard to do at least two more years with him.

This 100 percent, that would be a game changer.

I would love to see Richard and Sal on Artie's Podcast too, if in fact the show is going down soon.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I would give it 3 days before Artie would have a melt down and be screaming at Howard, blaming his drug problem on him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I still think this call is faked as hell.

edit: fixed tagz

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 25, 2015

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

More rumors: http://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/2x31vc/sal_offers_howard_a_farewell/

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Did anyone see Artie on Conan? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiMG_FRSdb0

Christ, he looks like he's seen a ghost. I knew he was hosed up, but now he's slurring and struggling with his words. He's turning into his impression of Larry Flynt.

"I'd just like to thank all the lawyers...who made it possible for me to film a woman having sex with a Moose"

That clip still cracks me up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN7_jPq8UR0

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my god, he looks and sounds like poo poo. Jesus christ... he should just shave his head or something.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
It's so unreal seeing Conan on Howard's show today. Howard has been nothing but consistent in goofing on Conan whenever he's been brought up, even as recently as the week before he came on. You'd wonder if it ever got back to him considering how Andy Richter is such a superfan of the show.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

moot the hopple posted:

It's so unreal seeing Conan on Howard's show today. Howard has been nothing but consistent in goofing on Conan whenever he's been brought up, even as recently as the week before he came on. You'd wonder if it ever got back to him considering how Andy Richter is such a superfan of the show.

Conan was poo poo on harder than any in-studio guest ever over 20 years ago. If he survived that he can survive modern Howard.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kylej posted:

Conan was poo poo on harder than any in-studio guest ever over 20 years ago. If he survived that he can survive modern Howard.

Dear god in heaven, please let the spirit of the Jackie Puppet return for this show

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm always amazed when people are somehow shocked at Artie's appearance. He's an overweight drug addict and has never in his life given a gently caress how he looks in public, of course that's what he's going to look like.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That's what makes it amazing. Everyone that knows his lifestyle and idiotic choices expects him to look like a big bowl of poo poo that's been in the microwave for too long. And then they see him and they're still horrified and shocked.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Studio lights make people look terrible and he's not remotely as bad looking as he had been in some Nick & Artie videos.

If you want an actual shot of Artie at his worst go look up some of those. He's 40+lb heavier and sounds like he gargled a bag of rocks before each show.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

AxeManiac posted:

Dear god in heaven, please let the spirit of the Jackie Puppet return for this show

I still say "Conan O'Bye-Bye" is one of the greatest insults ever.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

That's what makes it amazing. Everyone that knows his lifestyle and idiotic choices expects him to look like a big bowl of poo poo that's been in the microwave for too long. And then they see him and they're still horrified and shocked.

Yeah, this is me. I've seen tons of Howard TV clips and that's the Artie I'm used to. The Conan appearance was way worse.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

musclecoder posted:

I still say "Conan O'Bye-Bye" is one of the greatest insults ever.

I dunno the "Does your girlfriend get drier the lower the ratings go?" is pretty bad.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150218006322/en/Whalerock-Industries-Partners-Global-Influencers-Launch-Digital#.VO68s1PF-cj

quote:

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Whalerock Industries today announced a significant expansion of its digital media business to include direct-to-consumer digital Media Hubs. Whalerock is partnering with global influencers to develop over-the-top Media Hubs through which audiences can connect and interact directly with artists, brands and their content. First partnerships include cultural icons and influencers: Kim Kardashian West, Khloe Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Howard Stern and Tyler, The Creator. Additional Media Hubs will be announced and launched in the months ahead.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Howard has sold the rights to his archive to whatever the gently caress Whalerock is.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

Studio lights make people look terrible and he's not remotely as bad looking as he had been in some Nick & Artie videos.

If you want an actual shot of Artie at his worst go look up some of those. He's 40+lb heavier and sounds like he gargled a bag of rocks before each show.

It doesn't help he was clean shaven and had corpse make up caked onto him

Also lol Howard is just a step above Tyler the Creator on a list of dumb poo poo reality stars.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

That's not now, that's not after he left, that was primetime Artie. Between that and the appearance on Conan, cmon, it's not even close.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 26, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
In case anybody's not already familiar with Howard's going-away party for Conan. (Shame on you.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnwv7fGgrbY

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Since all the Artie talk, here he is on Rogans Podcast Yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MrhsUTAnU8

Keep in mind they are the same age. At least Rogan is trying to convince him to turn his poo poo around, diet ext.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Moniker posted:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150218006322/en/Whalerock-Industries-Partners-Global-Influencers-Launch-Digital#.VO68s1PF-cj

If I had to guess, I'd say that Howard has sold the rights to his archive to whatever the gently caress Whalerock is.

It appears to be something that's owned by Kris Jenner based on that list. I'm surprised Sirius hasn't already thrown away $20M on a Kardashian Channel.