Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Lumpen I am not going to tell you if I can self target, give it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Rascyc posted:

The flavor argument is a bad move on your part fwiw. You have my flavor and PR, and neither will be countered (by town anyway). The logical conclusion from there if you thought I was scum would be the mod gave me a fake flavor claim. But you shot that down with your post that there aren't enough flavors for that. Still you are hanging your hat on a flavor argument, even with your claim.
No, I forced you to claim your character, knowing there was no room for you to hide given the flavor, and Mark does not fit. I believe you were assigned Mark. I believe that Mark fits as a Scum character and there are no fakeclaims distributes by the mod, and I believe that your Doc claim is ludicrous.

I don't believe this game has a Doctor, because if there was it would be Peter, and I was assigned Peter.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Did you read the OP?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Lumpen posted:

I can see where your paranoia is coming from, but I hope you'll vote with the evidence and Occam's razor over pet theories.

:crossarms:

Lumpen posted:

If you were really Town Doc, you can't fake explain away not being killed tonight by saying "oh I was totes jailed again!" If this mod is not dumb at role restrictions.

Lumpen posted:

I am Peter, and if anyone was going to be a Town Doctor it would be Peter, the doctor. I remain Vanilla Town.

If there is a Denny who's a Watcher, for example, that would support my point. I disbelieve Rascycs claim of Mark as Doctor.

Nice rolefish though, Somber!

Lumpen posted:

If there were a Scum Jailer, logically you would still be dead tonight.

If there were a Town Doc who can selfprotect and a Town Jailer who can consecutively target the same person, we have a terrible mod.

So if you are alive tomorrow, your claim becomes even more dubious. That was my point. If Somberbrero flips Scum, you ought to be toast, as well. Your claim is not plausible. A fakeclaim to possibly save you and possibly draw out a Doc counterclaim when you were on the verge of death is more plausible. Especially since you latched on to EXAKTs movie quote like you did.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rascyc posted:

Did you read the OP?

No. I will now though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
In my experience you should always read the OP before you make a flavor argument

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Nothing in OP changes my view.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ahaha, all right then. Good luck!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rascyc posted:

Ahaha, all right then. Good luck!
Which part of the boilerplate quoted from other games' OPs do you feel should be considered?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey Ernie, say something helpful.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014

blacknyte posted:

LMFAO wHo cAREAS HAHA Xd

I'm a bit miffed no one got my dota 2 reference.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

I have given Anidav a pass and not much thought, that is true.

Admitting this doesn't make it seem less out-of-character to me.

quote:

I am voting Somberbrero.

I missed that, my bad.

quote:

I have never played with blacknyte before but assumed that it was feminine because of the ”yte” ending.

Lumpen posted:

If I remember correctly, I didn't case or accuse Blacknyte of being Scum, I felt she was wrong. Review my posts.

This seems both wrong (to me it's clearly a homonym of "Black Night", and I can't think of any feminine names that end with "yte" or "ite"). Also, I feel like you feigned not knowing when I asked the first time (switched to "it") but then went back to "she" later, which makes me think it's something you know, not something you're assuming.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

Admitting this doesn't make it seem less out-of-character to me.

This seems both wrong (to me it's clearly a homonym of "Black Night", and I can't think of any feminine names that end with "yte" or "ite"). Also, I feel like you feigned not knowing when I asked the first time (switched to "it") but then went back to "she" later, which makes me think it's something you know, not something you're assuming.
Black Knight. Like Arthurian legend. Nyte is just girly, like a girlification of the black knight. You don't think so?

I don't know what you are referring to with "first time" or switching to "it". Can you quote? I still don't have knowledge of the accurate pronoun. I was assuming, and also not caring if I was wrong and possibly-dude-Blacknyte got offended and had to correct me about his femmy name.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lumpen posted:

Which part of the boilerplate quoted from other games' OPs do you feel should be considered?
The flavor bit obviously.

I wanted to see if you went into this game believing in flavor or not. Since you have, there is not much explanation for posts like

Lumpen posted:

In light of claim, in absence of counterclaim
##Vote Somberbrero

However, even though the mod is super newbie, I am skeptical of having both a Doc and Jailer.

Because by being VT and having a flavor that is "doc flavor", I think you would have counter claimed there. You don't actually cast suspicion on the claim in an overt manner, you actually consider doc+jailer, believing the game could possibly have a doc despite having flavor that says otherwise

Basically you are making this up and can't keep it straight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ras, if you're town and Lumpen is scum, which I believe to be the case, you don't have to apologize for day one. I was far off base on you and not doing a great job in general.

Where are you on Exakt now?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Ras, if you're town and Lumpen is scum, which I believe to be the case, you don't have to apologize for day one. I was far off base on you and not doing a great job in general.

Where are you on Exakt now?
Not good, especially since he didn't point out his line may have been from the movie. His reaction was scummy I think. His d1 was definitely scummy with the press last page dump random reads act he pulled.

I think there is credit to MMT's case as well regarding Andiv and maybe BN. It could be Lumpen threw a softball d1 to one of his teammates. It'd be ballsy to do it both though. Andiv is Mia but Ernie has an okay read on Andiv I think? I need to reread about the inconsistency.

Bn is openly hostile but for it to be him he would have been going for a d1 hard bus. Maybe he didn't expect his case to gain steam but he was taking it very seriously. Feels more like a player with a point to prove or just compensating for being stubborn.

I think from a d1 softball perspective it looks worse for Andiv. Might explain why he was so calm about Lumpen's push but that's a gut call.

3 scum 9 town game would be pretty rough for town though unless we have more PRs. It is right on the border.

I dunno what to make of Bowmore at this point, as a follow up to one of my early game reads.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Lumpen has a softball at EXAKT too asking him for a lumpen list at end of d1. Could have been an excuse to get him to post.

If lumpen is saddled with lurkers then welp

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Hey Ernie, say something helpful.

It's Lumpen, Anidav and either EXAKT or Sandwolf

Sandwolf seems to be intentionally avoiding talking about anything meaty

and EXAKT just had an awkward day start today

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
EXAKT SCIENCE POSTS AWKWARDLY IN MAFIA GAME, DETAILS AT 11

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

EXAKT SCIENCE POSTS AWKWARDLY IN MAFIA GAME, DETAILS AT 11

Well yesterday it was empty posts

and today it was awkwardness

WHY DID YOU DELAY IT A WHOLE DAY HMmmMmMMM?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Black Knight. Like Arthurian legend. Nyte is just girly, like a girlification of the black knight. You don't think so?

I don't know what you are referring to with "first time" or switching to "it". Can you quote? I still don't have knowledge of the accurate pronoun. I was assuming, and also not caring if I was wrong and possibly-dude-Blacknyte got offended and had to correct me about his femmy name.

That last point about you switching to neutral back to feminine was a mistake on my part, my bad. I still think it's suspicious that you defaulted to female pronouns on what I feel is a reasonably gender-neutral username, but it's more of an ancillary case at this point anyways.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

##vote Lumpen because of wobbly casing and over-reliance on flavor arguments. I admit that Mark as a doctor seems a little weird flavor-wise, but in a game where you can't really have cover roles, I trust that the GM probably hasn't made it as easy to guess scum and PRs based on flavor as it would otherwise be.

Honestly, at this point I'm open to subbing out if there's someone waiting in the wings. I kind of forgot how unintuitive playing Mafia on SA is for me, and I'm having kind of a hard semester so I don't have a lot of brainpower to throw onto scum-hunting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well, this might be lovely to say but Lumpen is -1, so if someone hammers now would the koala guy get modkilled?

or we could just wait for him to post if we want to be civilized i suppose.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just vote with us, we got this one already I think.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I've been voting Lumpen.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Sorry I was responding to AntiV. I think this has been a pretty intuitive day of mafia myself.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Woowoo lets hang Lumpen!!

##vote Lumpen

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without Lumpen!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Aw, shucks, you got me. You guys are really good at Mafia.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just woke up and you guys hammered quick

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I just woke up and you guys hammered quick

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:redhammer::redhammer::redhammer:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Votecount for Day 2

Lumpen (6): Murmur Twin, Somberbrero, Rascyc, Ernie., Antivehicular, Sandwolf
Rascyc (2): Lumpen, blacknyte, EXAKT Science, Sandwolf, Lumpen, Sandwolf
Somberbrero (1): Lumpen
EXAKT Science (0): Rascyc, Rascyc

Not Voting (2): Anidav, bowmore

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 25th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lumpen posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Lumpen (6): Murmur Twin, Somberbrero, Rascyc, Ernie., Antivehicular, Sandwolf
Rascyc (2): Lumpen, blacknyte, EXAKT Science, Sandwolf, Lumpen, Sandwolf
Somberbrero (1): Lumpen
EXAKT Science (0): Rascyc, Rascyc

Not Voting (2): Anidav, bowmore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjgPYaCr6so

quote:

"Look why don't you tell me about your problems, Johnny," Peter said.

"Peter you always play psychologist with us!" Johnny answered.

"I'm sorry Johnny, look, I just want whats best for all of us. For The Room."

"Then let's play some football!" Denny said.

"What? No, there's something going on here."

"You just chicken, Peter," Johnny interrupted.

CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP

"Jesus, alright fine."

"Go long, Peter," Mark said.

The fall came early and hard. With just two steps under his rental shoes Peter tripped, tumbling head over heels.

"Gee, you're clumsy Peter," Denny said with a smile. "Peter? PETER?!"

Lumpen aka Peter (Vanilla Town) tripped and fell out of the movie.

Night actions in by 5 PM tomorrow (2/24), EST.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

quote:

The night passes. As the remaining inhabitants of The Room rise, one question is on everyone's lips.

"Where's Johnny?"

Finally, the group make their way to his room. The scene is not pretty. A torn red dress, shattered glass, dozens of strewn candles. And one body. But this was no suicide.

Denny falls to his side. "Please Johnny, please wake up, WAKE UP!" he shrieks, tears falling down his cheeks.

Mark plants a singular kiss on Johnny's forehead.

Murmur Twin aka Johnny (town aligned Mason Recruiter) has died Night Two

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am incredibly surprised that Lumpen flipped town. That felt like a no-brainer.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am alive and well fyi. No need to replace, just try not to hammer when Aussies are sleeping.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Anidav posted:

I am alive and well fyi. No need to replace, just try not to hammer when Aussies are sleeping.

Most people want to vote for you. Who should we vote instead?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Rascyc

Not moving this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Rascyc

Not moving this.

Can you explain? He's a claimed doctor with no counter-claim.

• Locked thread